X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
    any breakfast?
    Pistachios, porridge blueberries

Will be pushing the norms by having my other brekfast of fruit and yoghurt for lunch
    Tae could be anything at this rate.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I think the Phantom Lord has won his prop bet by now. WP and SP is due a cut for playing along with it. Where is hotspur .

Wenger Trump , Enda. Who is 1st to go by Paddy's day ?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
        I think the Phantom Lord has won his prop bet by now. WP and SP is due a cut for playing along with it. Where is hotspur .

Enda first to go, not by Paddys though imo.

Enda/Wenger/Trump in that order.

edit to say Trump will get the full term imo.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
            Enda first to go, not by Paddys though imo.

Enda/Wenger/Trump in that order.

edit to say Trump will get the full term imo.
            +1

edit, I think he'll get two
            Last edited by Denny Crane; 17-02-17, 11:41.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
              Jaysus..... cash games any good? Think I'll stick to the Fitz later.
              Havent played. Seemed to be about a dozen tables going about 1am. Heard mention of a 5/10 NLH table on the go...

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                So it arrived.. Size of the bottle ffs. Anyhow I have just placed 15 drops under my tongue, it's rank very oily. Will update later

Ffs took 15 drops. Somebody told me I took too much and that only supposed to be two drops and that I was going to die

Which subsequently brought on a near panic attack so had to take a valium.

Ah ffs wtf.

I'm just a fucking walking disaster.

Feeling a bit better now valium kicking in or maybe it's the cbd �� lol
                Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                  @5Star

Not a huge amount to add really as the lads have got it covered.

- Draw out a plan of the house and in each room point out exactly where you want the ports.
                  - Make sure everything is labelled, tested and signed off afterwards.
                  - When dropping cables its as easy to drop 4 as 1. Never drop one cable as a general rule. Think of growth and potentially adding more devices to each room down the line.
                  - Unifi/Ubiquity APs get a +1 from me. Set one up in the CEOs gaff last year and it works really well.
                  - When getting a cabinet or rack, make sure you have room for expansion.
                  - Buy a decent UPS to protect your kit in the cabinet/rack.
                  - For your switch:
                  * Make sure you leave more than enough ports for extra devices down the line. If you have counted 20 ports used up, buy a 48 port or 2x 24port switches.
                  * Get a PoE switch so that you can power access points or IoT stuff directly from CAT6.
                  some inspiration
                  Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like chriszuma.
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I seem to have Cat5 in my place but I can't seem to find where they link to, kinda odd.

Also have these? Any idea what they're for?

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                      Wonder how many times that clip will be played, who's going to forget that Hillary gave the Russians uranium

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Doesn't change the effectiveness.

Hilary was involved in the Russians getting uranium from the US, the details don't matter.
                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 17-02-17, 12:17.

Comment

Hotspur has quit his job and taken himself off to a Thai Buddhist monastery for several months, in total seclusion from the outside world.

Rumours that this was a reaction to having to teach mindfulness to several IPB'ers are unconfirmed.
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Ffs took 15 drops. Somebody told me I took too much and that only supposed to be two drops and that I was going to die

Which subsequently brought on a near panic attack so had to take a valium.

Ah ffs wtf.

I'm just a fucking walking disaster.

Feeling a bit better now valium kicking in or maybe it's the cbd �� lol
                            That's just the calmness that comes over you before you actually die. Google it. gg SatNav

Comment

Hilary was involved in the Russians getting uranium from the US, the details don't matter.
                              The effect was Fox (Foxx ffs!) calling Trump out yesterday.
                              “It is crazy what we are watching every day, it is absolutely crazy,” Smith said. “He keeps repeating ridiculous throwaway lines that are not true at all and sort of avoiding this issue of Russia as if we are some kind of fools for asking the question.”

Smith then started to look into the camera and added, “Really? Your opposition was hacked, and the Russians were responsible for it, and your people were on the phone on the same day it was happening, and we are fools for asking those questions? No sir, we are not fools for asking those questions, and we demand to know the answer to this question. You owe this to the American people.”
                              Not CNN, not the New York Times.

Fox! He's toast.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                He's toast.
                                How many times have we heard that!

Comment

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet-HDMI-E.../dp/B013T5IQH6

These models worked best, tried cheap ass ones now i remember and they dropped out intermittently
                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                      That's just the calmness that comes over you before you actually die. Google it. gg SatNav
                                      Bastard your wife just pmd fb and said she couldn't make my funeral. I'm now on 2nd valium.

I need a drink lol
                                      Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

How many times have we heard that!

So you are happy that reality should play no part in the governing of the US?
                                        That is what you are saying, so what does matter?
                                        That the reality show ratings are high amongst the KKK types they are pandering to? That the lamebrain traders wake up every morning to find the market ticked up a half a point? That he gets another term? That the daughter sold more tat online last night? Whats the point?

Comment

Comment

I seem to have Cat5 in my place but I can't seem to find where they link to, kinda odd.

Also have these? Any idea what they're for?

SPOILER
                                            Thats a 5 amp socket for lamps etc. Usually there is a corresponding switch on the wall that controls it near the door and/or a dimmer dial.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane

Kudos to Denny in fairness, he has gotten me to bite down on this whole thing much more than I anticipated

Comment

I don't understand why some of us seem to express anger/frustration directly at Denny, as if he's the embodiment of Trump winning, Trump's performance, etc...! He's said multiple times he's not the man's biggest fan or cheerleader and there's obviously a fair amount of wind-up at play given how crazy some of the internet (and TBH some of us) are reacting to the Trump show.

In other news TFIF, been a crazy week despite only arriving back from Rome on Monday evening and working 80% as long as most people! Need a beer/bottle of wine tonight and a Parkrun tomorrow morning hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                  I don't understand why some of us seem to express anger/frustration directly at Denny, as if he's the embodiment of Trump winning, Trump's performance, etc...! He's said multiple times he's not the man's biggest fan or cheerleader and there's obviously a fair amount of wind-up at play given how crazy some of the internet (and TBH some of us) are reacting to the Trump show.
                                                  I'm not mad at Denny at all, it works in everyones favor not to have an echo chamber all agreeing here. The lengths of spin needed is pretty impressive as well

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet-HDMI-E.../dp/B013T5IQH6

These models worked best, tried cheap ass ones now i remember and they dropped out intermittently
                                                    Ta. I'm still not sure how the remote control will work on it though. Anyhow, doesn't work for 4k and I have sky q and plan on getting a new TV to see some 4k footie at some point so I'll live with the sky box by the telly.

Comment

Where does somebody get a last minute bong in city? Asking for a mate. Capel st good place to start I assume
                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                        Where does somebody get a last minute bong in city? Asking for a mate. Capel st good place to start I assume
                                                        stephens green shopping centre top floor
                                                        or capel st yeah

Comment

Hotspur has quit his job and taken himself off to a Thai Buddhist monastery for several months, in total seclusion from the outside world.

Rumours that this was a reaction to having to teach mindfulness to several IPB'ers are unconfirmed.
                                                          Wha? Seriously? fair play I guess. Fucking Trump again .

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                            some craic...
                                                            Padre Pio's they make you bleed from your wrists

Comment

Wha? Seriously? fair play I guess. Fucking Trump again .
                                                              He couldn't cope with life without you Willie, had to take himself away from it all.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                He couldn't cope with life without you Willie, had to take himself away from it all.
                                                                More like avoiding the Spurs collapse. Arsenal and Spurs fans have seen so many false dawns they are scared to open the curtains in the morning.

Comment

Comment

Decided on the Dordogne. Handy drive to Bordeaux wine country, if one was so inclined.
                                                                    Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                    I spent some time just outside Dordogne region, close enough that I used to pop into Castillon for a spot of lunch. Handy spin to Saint Emillion and I also went about 45km south to Sauternes for a morning. I based myself in a little village called Saint Vincent de Pertignas. Decent auld drive off the boat but definitely manageable.
                                                                    We are thinking about Dordogne as well. Will be seeing Bono and the bonettes in Barcelona in July. The step daughter is coming over for two weeks so we were looking at spending some time in France. We were deciding between Toulouse, Montpellier or Dordogne region.

Comment

Been struggling to get the little one to eat her lunch in school. Had tried coco pops cereal bars to entice her. It seemed to work out ok until I notced recently half eaten packets of things I never gave her in the lunch box. So I tackled it today.

She said other children gave her them. I was getting embaressed as I thought they were thinking we weren't feeding her.

Eventually she confessed that she has been trading the coco pops bars which most of the other kids don't get for other things she liked and had a different customer each day!

She is going to go far

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                        Ta. I'm still not sure how the remote control will work on it though. Anyhow, doesn't work for 4k and I have sky q and plan on getting a new TV to see some 4k footie at some point so I'll live with the sky box by the telly.
                                                                        Do you have the 2tb sky box as Sky 1tb not compatible with 4k
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                          Been struggling to get the little one to eat her lunch in school. Had tried coco pops cereal bars to entice her. It seemed to work out ok until I notced recently half eaten packets of things I never gave her in the lunch box. So I tackled it today.

She said other children gave her them. I was getting embaressed as I thought they were thinking we weren't feeding her.

Eventually she confessed that she has been trading the coco pops bars which most of the other kids don't get for other things she liked and had a different customer each day!

She is going to go far
                                                                          She's been watching prison documentaries with me and I've been preparing her for the worst

Comment

Do you have the 2tb sky box as Sky 1tb not compatible with 4k
                                                                            Indeed I do.

Comment

Much as we love him no one consistently confuses genius and idiocy as NNT

Again the question is que bono? The campaign is over his administration is a chaotic clusterfuck.
                                                                              Why is he in government , it is only so he can have more people to direct his adolescent rage at?

Comment

I remember ages ago a conversation about a certain mustard. Anyone able to put up a picture of it? the local shop has 6 different ones and not sure.

I am pretty sure it was the same make.

Cheers!

Comment

I remember ages ago a conversation about a certain mustard. Anyone able to put up a picture of it? the local shop has 6 different ones and not sure.

I am pretty sure it was the same make.

Cheers!
                                                                                  Shrap had it as his avatar?
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                    Shrap had it as his avatar?
                                                                                    Oh that's right! forgot about that.

Comment

It was a moutarde Pommery I saw, there was one with herbs, there was an original one. Must take a pic of them. Haven't seen them in a shop before and happened on them in a lovely deli/shop here in the town we living in.

Comment

Just about to pull the trigger on this place for August. Hopefully it's South enough to get decent weather. Hitch/Shrap?

Comment

It was a moutarde Pommery I saw, there was one with herbs, there was an original one. Must take a pic of them. Haven't seen them in a shop before and happened on them in a lovely deli/shop here in the town we living in.

that?? Think Shraps was different
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                            We are thinking about Dordogne as well. Will be seeing Bono and the bonettes in Barcelona in July. The step daughter is coming over for two weeks so we were looking at spending some time in France. We were deciding between Toulouse, Montpellier or Dordogne region.
                                                                                            I've been to Toulouse twice in the last year - pretty bourgeois and found it hard to find the craic.

As one of my drinking partners so eloquently expressed it when we entered about our tenth quiet, polite establishment of the night:

"where the fuck is the fucking funk man?"

But yeah, probably nice enough for a w\e with non-deviants. From memory, Dordogne region is lovely. Great food\wine.

And you have a step-daughter who by the sounds of it is an adult. How did that happen?

Comment

Similar by the look of it. Think it was a reddish label?

Comment

Similar by the look of it. Think it was a reddish label?
                                                                                                they're all great tbh, and each their own but this is my favorite, which in my time of need was delivered to me by KevIrl's brother coming back from Paris. funnily enough it's even harder to get in London than in Dublin so i bulk order 6 pots at a time

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                  Just about to pull the trigger on this place for August. Hopefully it's South enough to get decent weather. Hitch/Shrap?

https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p1180298a
                                                                                                  great part of France, but that is definitely not guaranteed good weather. about as bad as the south coast of england!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                    they're all great tbh, and each their own but this is my favorite, which in my time of need was delivered to me by KevIrl's brother coming back from Paris. funnily enough it's even harder to get in London than in Dublin so i bulk order 6 pots at a time

I need to give it a try! Saw it but wasn't totally sure it was the one you spoke about

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Stuff is rocket fuel. Definitely need fireman Sam to be on the ready eating it

Comment

...

Comment

Had a sale today , will go down as one of my favs . was great crack :

4 lads in their ealy 20s rock up to stand in their addidas gear looking for sky , I said are ye all moving in togther . yeah they go , all different accents. Clare, Limerick, Tipp dunno where other lad was from.

ah lovely I said so ye will be splitting the bill 4 ways so ye will want everything cause it will cost ye fuck all weekly like 1 Euro a day bla bla bla

Yapping away so I go what ye doing here anyway all moving in together , work they go . I said hmm let me guess what ye do.

Bet ye fuckers are Guards , they all took off laughing . how did ya know they said . I dunno ye have the head of it, could smell it off ye I said .

So anyway they took the whole lot massive sale! no quibble. told them they couldnt have picked a better estate to move into , they asked me good places to do drinking which I did and I said stay out of ****** as ye will be murdered to which one lad goes oh fuck was in there last night all busted our holes laughing again.

anyway in the meantime my collegue was in middle of a sale at far side of stand , so she finished sale and I go oi linda come here, what ya reckon these lovely gents do for a living . she goes ah jaysus I dunno , do ye play music , band or something? all burst out laughing again , one lad goes well yeah two of us play guitar and one of us can sing , yeah we just broke a record deal thats why we moved here lol . i said ah linda fuck sake cmon give another guess. em farmers she goes ( WTF) shes so dopey lol one lad goes well yeah I kinda would be. NO LINDA i said 4 lads moving in together just fucking think ffs .

AH she goes teachers!!!! NOOOO I said followed by a piggy grunt , well the lads are fucking doubled over in stitches laughing . and linda would be a lady , oh she goes em are ye gaurds , boom well done linda , boys still doubled over laughing.

so was just finishing the contract and each contract requires a password , so I go well what password would ye like to pick lads , football team, numbers , whatever. red head from Tipp goes fuck it " PIGS" looooooooool if anyone was looking over , we were falling about the place laughing!

pure sound bunch of lads!
                                                                                                          was good crack, and a mighty sale

Thats why I love my job, like a box of chocolates ya never know what ya gonna get
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                            Stuff is rocket fuel. Definitely need fireman Sam to be on the ready eating it
                                                                                                            not sure i could live without it at this stage. it's good with everything!

Comment

ummmm

'enemy of the people' now

this farce will be done pretty quick now

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                Does this dataset look about right for the number of horseraces there should be per year in only British racecourses? Assuming six days racing a week (?) its about 30 races a day implied in these numbers.
                                                                                                                Yeah, looks good, the most recent figures anyway.
                                                                                                                BHA say there are now approx 1450 fixtures per year, so at 6.5 races a meeting that would be 9400 races. Evenings, all weather and Sundays have all been expanding for the last two decades which would explain the consistent increase.

Comment

Regency has reached a record amount of grim. No air conditioning or water in the hotel. No water for a shower if you had a room or in the toilets to wash hands. One guy showed me a picture of his shower filled with brown water. No refunds for guests either. I'd be cracking if I paid >100 a night for it
                                                                                                                  Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                                                                      Regency has reached a record amount of grim. No air conditioning or water in the hotel. No water for a shower if you had a room or in the toilets to wash hands. One guy showed me a picture of his shower filled with brown water. No refunds for guests either. I'd be cracking if I paid >100 a night for it
                                                                                                                      I'm more shocked that people still play poker Was always a kip. Kinda impressed that it's somehow managed to get worse.
                                                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

ummmm

'enemy of the people' now

this farce will be done pretty quick now
                                                                                                                        Given that you love asking others for odds and so on, if you had to set a line for when 'this farce will be done' what date would you set as an over/under point? I've no interest in having a bet on it though. I think it'll be much longer than 'pretty quick' but who knows I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                                                                          How can a hotel allow that to so consistently happen and still have paying guests?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X