X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Excellent, thanks!
    The major dip in races in 2001 is probably the foot and mouth outbreak, just in case you think your figures are borked for that year.
    If you are looking for betting systems of some sort that may be worth taking into account (e,g., there was reduced racing in Spring that year which might skew first time out winner and repeat winner figures, Irish horses couldn't travel to the UK at all etc).
    PM me if you find the elixir of betting.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      ummmm

'enemy of the people' now

this farce will be done pretty quick now
      ]
      How does it end?
      Impeachment will be messy and prolonged. Cia or military putting a bullet in him would be too obvious, I suppose a heart attack or the likes wouldn't be beyond them. But unless he wants out it would be unworkable for him to be alive and fighting with a republican administration that had turfed him out.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

yeah has a low rating but just watched first ep and thought it was brill

give the first one a shot, female acting a bit dodge but over all great!

I loved the movie

ok watched ep 2 , different story line kinda dropped in my ratings but deffo leading to something lol
        Last edited by SatNav; 18-02-17, 00:58.
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

Things I learned from day on the rip. Generator hostel is a fine pre-gig venue for a bit of nosebag and pints. Girl band are fecking awesome, green spot and glass of Guinness is drink of champions.
          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
            What would be an out of the box solution for someone (older folk, inlaws) who need basic telly, have internets. Point and click.

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
            sky latest offer basic tv 20 quid a month , whole contract . cant go wrong

Yea that's good, but free is better. Anyone know a simple box to play some basic channels via broadband?

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
            Can't see where all the plaudits for Manchester by the Sea are coming from. Is Casey Affleck even capable of playing anyone other than an awkward, beset upon average Joe?

6/10
            I thought it was great. Excruciating but great.
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

ummmm

'enemy of the people' now

this farce will be done pretty quick now

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              How does it end?
              Impeachment will be messy and prolonged. Cia or military putting a bullet in him would be too obvious, I suppose a heart attack or the likes wouldn't be beyond them. But unless he wants out it would be unworkable for him to be alive and fighting with a republican administration that had turfed him out.
              Are you advocating such?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

yeah has a low rating but just watched first ep and thought it was brill

give the first one a shot, female acting a bit dodge but over all great!

I loved the movie

ok watched ep 2 , different story line kinda dropped in my ratings but deffo leading to something lol
                Looks awful. Perhaps if there had been no movie to compare it, it would be passable.

Comment

Reckon Trump will walk away from job with some elaborate lie within 2 years. Feel free to quote this later.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                    Given that you love asking others for odds and so on, if you had to set a line for when 'this farce will be done' what date would you set as an over/under point? I've no interest in having a bet on it though. I think it'll be much longer than 'pretty quick' but who knows I guess.
                    It depends on the variables.

If a media organisation gets their hands on his tax returns (and these show something awful, such as that he's being bankrolled by Russian oligarchs). Or that incontrovertible proof emerges of Russian hacking \sabotage in the election - and that Trump knew about it.

If these game changer type events don't happen, then it might be more of a slow-motion car crash.

Here's PP'smarket.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Had a sale today , will go down as one of my favs . was great crack :

4 lads in their ealy 20s rock up to stand in their addidas gear looking for sky , I said are ye all moving in togther . yeah they go , all different accents. Clare, Limerick, Tipp dunno where other lad was from.

ah lovely I said so ye will be splitting the bill 4 ways so ye will want everything cause it will cost ye fuck all weekly like 1 Euro a day bla bla bla

Yapping away so I go what ye doing here anyway all moving in together , work they go . I said hmm let me guess what ye do.

Bet ye fuckers are Guards , they all took off laughing . how did ya know they said . I dunno ye have the head of it, could smell it off ye I said .

So anyway they took the whole lot massive sale! no quibble. told them they couldnt have picked a better estate to move into , they asked me good places to do drinking which I did and I said stay out of ****** as ye will be murdered to which one lad goes oh fuck was in there last night all busted our holes laughing again.

anyway in the meantime my collegue was in middle of a sale at far side of stand , so she finished sale and I go oi linda come here, what ya reckon these lovely gents do for a living . she goes ah jaysus I dunno , do ye play music , band or something? all burst out laughing again , one lad goes well yeah two of us play guitar and one of us can sing , yeah we just broke a record deal thats why we moved here lol . i said ah linda fuck sake cmon give another guess. em farmers she goes ( WTF) shes so dopey lol one lad goes well yeah I kinda would be. NO LINDA i said 4 lads moving in together just fucking think ffs .

AH she goes teachers!!!! NOOOO I said followed by a piggy grunt , well the lads are fucking doubled over in stitches laughing . and linda would be a lady , oh she goes em are ye gaurds , boom well done linda , boys still doubled over laughing.

so was just finishing the contract and each contract requires a password , so I go well what password would ye like to pick lads , football team, numbers , whatever. red head from Tipp goes fuck it " PIGS" looooooooool if anyone was looking over , we were falling about the place laughing!

pure sound bunch of lads!
                      was good crack, and a mighty sale

Thats why I love my job, like a box of chocolates ya never know what ya gonna get
                      Ah ya probably had to be there...

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                        Ah ya probably had to be there...
                        Fact. Was deffo a moment you would have to have been here. The post doesn't do it justice.
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

I thought it was a funny post, your style of writing it in particular. Read like you were saying it rather than typing it.
                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Fact. Was deffo a moment you would have to have been here. The post doesn't do it justice.
                            My take from was it that a bunch of new guards splashing out on an all the trimmings sky package kind of conflicts with the sleeping in their cars eating cornflakes boxes for breakfast narrative we were bombarded with during the angling for a pay rise recently. What's a maxed out sky package €120 a month?
                            Know someone who got offered a place during recent recruitment drive but turned it down based on the glut of misery articles like that. He was a bit sickened when it came out afterwards just how cushy they do have it wrt to pensions etc

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                              My take from was it that a bunch of new guards splashing out on an all the trimmings sky package kind of conflicts with the sleeping in their cars eating cornflakes boxes for breakfast narrative we were bombarded with during the angling for a pay rise recently. What's a maxed out sky package €120 a month?
                              Know someone who got offered a place during recent recruitment drive but turned it down based on the glut of misery articles like that. He was a bit sickened when it came out afterwards just how cushy they do have it wrt to pensions etc
                              Ah there's a big difference between renting in Dublin and 4 lads renting a house in Portlaoise. Not to mention the cost of living.

As for someone making a decision based on Indo misery articles versus doing their own due diligence well my sympathies are pretty low.
                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Think it came in at 140 for two boxes. HD. Sports movies and broadband. They didn't want the second box as had only one tv lol but shur 1 euro a week each like how could ya not.

That's an offer btw not full price lol.
                                Last edited by SatNav; 18-02-17, 13:31.
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

Lincoln City!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                    Lincoln City!!!
                                    That takes the biscuit.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                      That takes the biscuit.
                                      Ba dum tish

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                        That takes the biscuit.
                                        Nice

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                          How can a hotel allow that to so consistently happen and still have paying guests?
                                          There is two things the regency is famous for. And one of them is not down to gangsters
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                            There is two things the regency is famous for. And one of them is not down to gangsters
                                            Yes this was shocking. There was a shooting last may or something? Very sad. Shudders

The staff must have been terrified to go back to work there.

I imagine it persuaded people to stay away, rightfully so.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                              Things I learned from day on the rip. Generator hostel is a fine pre-gig venue for a bit of nosebag and pints. Girl band are fecking awesome, green spot and glass of Guinness is drink of champions.
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                Been struggling to get the little one to eat her lunch in school.
                                                Eventually she confessed that she has been trading the coco pops bars which most of the other kids don't get for other things she liked and had a different customer each day!

She is going to go far
                                                She is so cute.

Comment

Munster big and large balls

Comment

5 euro spaghetti bolognese and 50 euro wine for dinner tonight. Think 50 bucks is the wine sweet spot of value for money (in Ireland anyway). So damn good.

SPOILER

Comment

let me know how that goes, couple of more recent bottles of that gear in the cellar*

*under the stairs

Comment

Ah it's very good. After weeks of Chateau Mezain from Tesco and Chateauneufs from Lidl since Christmas it's nice to go the extra mile. 2005 seems to be the nut year so if you have some of that I'll be right down.
                                                        In the process of selling up a side-business and considering using some of the proceeds on a once in a lifetime wine purchase. Considering a Lafite from the year I was born to drink on my 40th.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                          Ah it's very good. After weeks of Chateau Mezain from Tesco and Chateauneufs from Lidl since Christmas it's nice to go the extra mile. 2005 seems to be the nut year so if you have some of that I'll be right down.
                                                          In the process of selling up a side-business and considering using some of the proceeds on a once in a lifetime wine purchase. Considering a Lafite from the year I was born to drink on my 40th.
                                                          Would be quite funny if it was corked

Comment

prob would still drink it tbh.

Comment

Went for grub in the restaurant adjacant Centra here at the Regency. Decided to have a couple of glasses of red with the steak. Ohhh we have s lovely Portugese house red. Fecker neglected to mention it was €11 a glass! Place is hardly The Ritz with one unisex disabled jacks

Comment

Anyone know what time Trumps campaign 2020 rally kicks off tonight?
                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

this is what is sitting in my drink shelf at the moment and would be a fair reflection of my usual purchases.
                                                                  Am I missing out on much?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                    Went for grub in the restaurant adjacant Centra here at the Regency. Decided to have a couple of glasses of red with the steak. Ohhh we have s lovely Portugese house red. Fecker neglected to mention it was €11 a glass! Place is hardly The Ritz with one unisex disabled jacks
                                                                    just use the mens for a change
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

How much to book Patrick Guilbaud's for a night (the full restaurant) would you reckon? I've been invited to a thing and they've booked the whole place on a Thursday night and my curiosity is peaked.
                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                        Munster big and large balls
                                                                        I thought they were poor enough. Tyler wasn't great as captain and both halfbacks didn't hit the mark for me. They started poorly and made heavy work of a badly fading ospreys team and I didn't think too many put their hands up for Ireland or being champions cup starters when the internationals come back. Ref was disappointing too in fairness.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                          How much to book Patrick Guilbaud's for a night (the full restaurant) would you reckon? I've been invited to a thing and they've booked the whole place on a Thursday night and my curiosity is peaked.
                                                                          Zero I'd imagine.

Maybe a guarantee to pay for no-shows but why do you think there would be a charge over and beyond food\drinks?

Comment

Zero I'd imagine.

Maybe a guarantee to pay for no-shows but why do you think there would be a charge over and beyond food\drinks?
                                                                            Sorry that's what I meant. How much for a full restaurant of folk having a tasting menu and drink in Guilbaud's?

Comment

Just found my bill from there today and it says 600 for 2. Must be at least 60-70 seats so 20k min I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                Sorry that's what I meant. How much for a full restaurant of folk having a tasting menu and drink in Guilbaud's?
                                                                                Go count the number of seats and multiply by €250?

Comment

@DP obviously any wine is better than no wine but buy a bottle of what I put up earlier, or chateau lagrange or chateau leoville barton and see for yourself. 50-60 each on average.

Comment

Connacht beyond bad here. Should have been 25+ ahead at h-t.

Comment

More basic errors in one game than you would expect in an u-12 game.

Feeling sorry for Nigel tbh

Comment

More basic errors in one game than you would expect in an u-12 game.

Feeling sorry for Nigel tbh
                                                                                        The quality of the games has fallen all day. Game of the weekend was Leinster with two scrum halves, two hookers and three 2nd rows playing. Too many sub standard guys hanging around in the provincial panels when you get down to the 2nd and 3rd tier.

I fancy Ulster to sneak into the top 4.

Munster, Leinster, ospreys, Ulster, Scarlets, Glasgow are my top 6. Munster v Leinster final.
                                                                                        Last edited by V for Vendetta; 18-02-17, 21:26.

Comment

I've been to Toulouse twice in the last year - pretty bourgeois and found it hard to find the craic.

As one of my drinking partners so eloquently expressed it when we entered about our tenth quiet, polite establishment of the night:

"where the fuck is the fucking funk man?"

But yeah, probably nice enough for a w\e with non-deviants. From memory, Dordogne region is lovely. Great food\wine.

And you have a step-daughter who by the sounds of it is an adult. How did that happen?
                                                                                          I actually have 6 step grandkids and one side call me Pop Pop G and the other Grandpa Gordon. The wife had a child very young, she is older as well so children from previous marriage. This stepdaughter has known me for 7 years now I guess. She is the president the sorority at university of Oklahoma and I can go to the dad's weekend. Cliffs: Madness Ted.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                            Anyone know what time Trumps campaign 2020 rally kicks off tonight?
                                                                                            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Wow, Our Father. Any chance of a full mass

Comment

Bizarre already
                                                                                                Lol at the blacks for trump guys

Comment

TRIP TO WATERFORD ... for Cheltenham Festival

Provisionally booked accomodation some weeks ago when the prospect of some guys heading to Kilkenny for drinks/food/bets/more drink was being considered.

I obviously recommend WATERFORD CITY and am happy to put a schedule of events / restaurants / activities in place if the trip is still going ahead.

Padraig Parkinson / Nicky Power will endorse the city as a great location having hosted a number of Denmark players some time ago.

If anyone is interested ... GREAT, If not, no problem.

Comment

Fking hell,some secret service guy going to lose his job over that

Comment

Bizarre already
                                                                                                      Lol at the blacks for trump guys
                                                                                                      He's just reminded me of a less benign version of Chance

Comment

Comment

Peter Sellers was a great actor.

Comment

Lottie made the news.

Comment

look at my horse my horse is a amazing give it a lick it tastes just like rasins haha *i do not own any content of this video*

There is also a German version!

Comment

Morning folks. How goes it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                  AC separation this afternoon! You?
                                                                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                    AC separation this afternoon! You?
                                                                                                                    Surgery?
                                                                                                                    It will go very well. I have a good feeling. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                      I am ok How are you??

Everyone seems to be at the regency playing it's why it's so quiet.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Guest; 19-02-17, 06:21.

Comment

Sunday Times News6 garda whistleblowers are suing Nóirín O’Sullivan for alleged victimisation after they reported misconduct in the force.
                                                                                                                        Also Both Enda Kenny and Frances Fitzgerald used private Gmail accounts for official govt business, even though both denied it

There is a hashtag #disabledandcute
                                                                                                                        It's to show cute people who slay with cuteness... can also be disabled.

Going around to banish stigma.

Last edited by Guest; 19-02-17, 08:50.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X