Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 tickets still available for Bruce tonight. Any reasonable offer towards my rugby drinking fund secures all 4. Available for collection in Dublin 2.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
      Interested, I do like Ipswich so kinda won't mind losing but we'll either have to take 8 games out or agree a price. If you are confident we can do a draft style thing to take certain fixtures out or just do a price. Let me know m8!

We'll talk in August, can do funky bets, charity bets or cash but you will need to back up your opinions m8.
      funky ?

10 quid per point Liverpool, City, Arsenal and United take from Chelski and VV.

kinda backs up my opinion meight.

Comment

Zimmer was absolutely brilliant.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Having a bite to eat, English kid at next table bangs mouth and is about to off

American grandparents not having it, grandfather:
            "Why did you do that, do you like your French fries with blood? I like mine with ketchup!"

Kid stunned, goes quiet and starts eating!

Well played that man

Comment

Comment

Was just packing my flight training book to read on the plane, then thought better of it.

Comment

Comment

Ah, that rare and happy day where pre-planning an Irish bbq actually works out.

Cue apocalypse.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Cue apocalypse.
                      In the same boat..bbq planned for tomorrow which is masquerading as our 2 year olds birthday party. Taking her to the zoo first though in fairness.

Comment

seems a bit harsh. Guy gets 7 years for a hoax phone call

It was definitely in the really stupid category but still 7 years!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                          seems a bit harsh. Guy gets 7 years for a hoax phone call

It was definitely in the really stupid category but still 7 years!
                          It's not just a "guy" tho. He's a cop. It's in the really stupid category for a civilian. It's in the totally fucking moronic category for someone who is meant to protect us against such threats. 7 years is probably making an example out of him but fuck it.

Comment

This obviously didn't help him either...

Jailing Hussain at Stafford crown court on Friday, judge Michael Chambers QC criticised the 29-year-old officer for showing no remorse and pleading not guilty in the face of overwhelming evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                              It's not just a "guy" tho. He's a cop. It's in the really stupid category for a civilian. It's in the totally fucking moronic category for someone who is meant to protect us against such threats. 7 years is probably making an example out of him but fuck it.
                              Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                              This obviously didn't help him either...
                              i don't disagree, it just feels completely disproportionate to the crime. yes he is a moron, yes he didn't help his chances by playing the idiot in front of the judge, but 7 years!

a year would have been more than adequate to make an example of him. just seems excessive imo.

Comment

To Everyone heading to Bruce tonight, enjoy.

Would have loved to be going to both but was impossible to get tonight off work.

This too shall pass.

Comment

@PSV, if you are still considering a pre-Euros TV purchase then you can now get the 48 inch version of the TV I was recommending from UK Groupon, which if you use a coupon today (15%, or 10% any other time I believe) will get it for €422 not including the 20 odd quid delivery service you will have to use.

Thread here: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sams...age=2#comments

Here is Groupon UK page for it:

Honestly that is such a good deal I am about to buy one myself, might give it to my parents.

Hmm, that 15% expired yesterday. Probably better off buying from Richer Sounds with 6 year guarantee for €550.
                                  Last edited by hotspur; 27-05-16, 14:30.

Comment

Cue apocalypse.
                                    Been pissing down here the last 2 days. Forecast has it here till Sunday and then sunshine from Monday!

Oldest 2 have just Monday and Tuesday for school and that is them all but finished. Eldest on study leave till she does her Junior Cert.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                      funky ?

10 quid per point Liverpool, City, Arsenal and United take from Chelski and VV.

kinda backs up my opinion meight.
                                      And you pay a tenner for every point Chelsea take?

Comment

give you a -6 start over the season?

Ipswich's budget is zero btw, so they completely overachieved this season. Chelsea's budget is, eh, a lot.
                                        Big Mick is too good to not give Chelsea a +10 head start

Comment

Aldi have a stupidly good TV on sale next week.

Comment

not looked at TVs specifically but some ridiculously good deals in the amazon warehouse sales going on at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                              It's also a Bauhn piece of crap if it's the same as the previous ones they have sold. They are just bad televisions.
                                              Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                              Aldi have a stupidly good TV on sale next week.
                                              Same TV?

Comment

Surely the best time to buy a TV would be after the football is over(/well underway) and most of the retailers are carrying excess stock!?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                  not looked at TVs specifically but some ridiculously good deals in the amazon warehouse sales going on at the moment
                                                  Anything you are thinking of buying off that, do a search for it first! Amazon/Argos etc are getting really bad at the auld "50% off the bottle of Aussie wine" trick, so long a favorite of the supermarkets

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                    And you pay a tenner for every point Chelsea take?
                                                    Be a bit harsh if I didn't. VV = Vice versa .

Comment

@PSV, if you are still considering a pre-Euros TV purchase then you can now get the 48 inch version of the TV I was recommending from UK Groupon, which if you use a coupon today (15%, or 10% any other time I believe) will get it for €422 not including the 20 odd quid delivery service you will have to use.

Honestly that is such a good deal I am about to buy one myself, might give it to my parents.

Hmm, that 15% expired yesterday. Probably better off buying from Richer Sounds with 6 year guarantee for €550.
                                                      Tempted by the ones you put up the last day, struggling to pull trigger as TV I have is working fine,

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                        Same TV?
                                                        yessum. I knew the remote was rubbish (nobody uses their tv remote) but didn't know if there was any issues with screen / sound?

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                          Just got an email saying "Be the first to own the Dyson supersonic hair dryer".

Is someone taking the piss out of me
                                                          it's PSV's mates at google (cunts) selling information from your drunken late night interweb browsing habits

Comment

yessum. I knew the remote was rubbish (nobody uses their tv remote) but didn't know if there was any issues with screen / sound?
                                                            ALDI Bauhn Full HD TV (Full HD TV): 2.7 out of 5 stars from 174 genuine reviews on Australia's largest opinion site ProductReview.com.au.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                              Anything you are thinking of buying off that, do a search for it first! Amazon/Argos etc are getting really bad at the auld "50% off the bottle of Aussie wine" trick, so long a favorite of the supermarkets
                                                              definitely, but this is the warehouse stuff, so damaged boxes, scratched and opened packages all sold as "used". some of the deals are really excellent
                                                              Last edited by shrapnel; 27-05-16, 15:54.

Comment

Darren Clarke has 3 vice captains for Ryder cup? Is this the norm? Ryder cup is some heap of shit

Comment

You sunk my battleship.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                    Darren Clarke has 3 vice captains for Ryder cup? Is this the norm? Ryder cup is some heap of shit
                                                                    Think it was 4 European VCs the last time, basically one to accompany each group in fourball&foursomes play.
                                                                    Ryder Cup is great by the way.

Comment

You sunk my battleship.
                                                                      ????

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                        Think it was 4 European VCs the last time, basically one to accompany each group in fourball&foursomes play.
                                                                        Ryder Cup is great by the way.
                                                                        Its better than golf and will be great craic altogether when Darren goes OTT. Must remember top take the Friday off that week.
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                          ????
                                                                          pretty conclusive hole in my 'Aldi TV is great' boat.

Comment

Goooooooooooo Europe!

Comment

pretty conclusive hole in my 'Aldi TV is great' boat.
                                                                              Happy to help

Comment

a better deal on Richer Sounds with 6 year guarantee for €550
                                                                                The biggest brands, best prices and expert advice in sound and vision

or
                                                                                http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201487-hisense-50d36.aspx at €479.99

Last edited by Frossach; 27-05-16, 16:26.

Comment

Can someone give me the names of some of those hipster hellholes Lottie & Andy hang out in?

Aussie mate in Dublin this weekend, gonna throw a few pub names his way along side the usual unofficial Guinness trail ones

+Where does the discerning pill head do his disco dancing in that Dublin these days?

Comment

Can someone give me the names of some of those hipster hellholes Lottie & Andy hang out in?

Aussie mate in Dublin this weekend, gonna throw a few pub names his way along side the usual unofficial Guinness trail ones

+Where does the discerning pill head do his disco dancing in that Dublin these days?
                                                                                    Cheap pints = o'reillys tara street, also diceys - they should go here before coppers imo. Worth the fiver in to get as drunk as you do
                                                                                    regular haunts of lottie and andy(lottie for sure) = cassidy's and gypsy rose
                                                                                    disco dancing = sweeneys/hogans for free or anywhere at all money in, used to be twisted pepper - now called wigwam so might be worth a shot trying. Often got offered pills on the dancefloor in there in the past 2 years
                                                                                    Last edited by mdoug; 27-05-16, 16:43.
                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Frossach View Post
                                                                                      a better deal on Richer Sounds with 6 year guarantee for €550
                                                                                      The biggest brands, best prices and expert advice in sound and vision

or
                                                                                      http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201487-hisense-50d36.aspx at €479.99
                                                                                      good video review here
                                                                                      Is this the best budget 4K Television for 2015? The Hisense 50" H7 Series brings 4K to the masses by making it affordable! This TV has an amazing price of $...

edit. Think it's a different model.

Having a bad day here!
                                                                                      Last edited by Emmet; 27-05-16, 16:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                        Anyone else attending Hans Zimmer later?

The set list looks fantastic.
                                                                                        Was there. The show was fine I suppose. Dragged in one spot in particular during the second act but otherwise not bored. Also had to close my eyes and cover them with my hands during another part of the second due to the amount of light hitting the drummers during on particular piece... I really don't know how they can be in the middle of that! Pain!

Seats are a bit crap

1878 is a decent enough (though expensive) spot. Wasnt thrilled when my steak sandwich came with cold steak Also I realise it's supposed to be "vip" or whatever area.. but people constantly asking if you need anything gets annoying REALLY fast!
                                                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Hanger/District8/Opium rooms would be most popular for that kinda craic. Wigwam is a bit different now they have some music downstairs still I think. Plenty of other smaller spots around too Bar Tengu behind yamamori on quays is one.
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

That Glenn Hoddle has to be one of the more clueless football analysts on TV at the moment. How the hell has he managed at a top level before.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                That Glenn Hoddle has to be one of the more clueless football analysts on TV at the moment. How the hell has he managed at a top level before.
                                                                                                Rashford. That is all.

Comment

Started drinking at 1pm, stopped drinking at 6pm, had 9 beers, now hungover at 9pm.... I'm fucking getting old!
                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Not sure what Duffy was at there!

Comment

Watched Intermission just there.

13 years old.

Still spot on. Great film.

SPOILER

Elmo getting arrested for drug dealing was class

Comment

Watched Intermission just there.

13 years old.

Still spot on. Great film.

SPOILER

Elmo getting arrested for drug dealing was class
                                                                                                        I bought a bottle of brown sauce last year and still haven't opened it (think the best before date is this July). Literally can't think of anything to put it on. Not about to try it in tea.
                                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Chris Patten on Boris:

...Boris is Boris; Tommy Cooper was Tommy Cooper
                                                                                                          ...An almost Alan Clarke like respect forr the truth
                                                                                                          ...You can't call Boris a liar, he simply doesn't know the difference between fact and fiction

:eltren:

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                            I bought a bottle of brown sauce last year and still haven't opened it (think the best before date is this July). Literally can't think of anything to put it on. Not about to try it in tea.
                                                                                                            Fried eggs with muffins.

Comment

Younger Son actually did have a project deadline to meet the other day and is right in the in the middle of a heavy exam schedule so they did this to hand up with their project...
                                                                                                              Might not be worth a lot unless Hitch is their Prof

Short movie made for the M3 Awards spring 2016 - [Won for best humor] Directed by:Eoin Rafferty & Thomas LundWritten by:Eoin RaffertyFeatured songs:Don't You...

Comment

Years ago I garnered favour from my boss with a batch bread , Cheddar cheese and brown sauce sambo. Hmmm I have some spring onion here too and no brown sauce. Fkuman.

Comment

jesus ..... HP?

everthing absolutely everything including the tips of your fingers

my fav... cabbage bacon and spuds from day before, fry whole lot together in frying pan , burn it , crisp it , put on plate , smother in HP .... yum!
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                    jesus ..... HP?
                                                                                                                    Nah, Chef, as it's the one I remember from the last time I tried it in the mid 1980's.
                                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Never one for brown sauce.

Mustard mayonnaise, now there's a fooking condiment.
                                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                        Never one for brown sauce.

Mustard mayonnaise, now there's a fooking condiment.
                                                                                                                        Only larger drinkers enjoy that combo.

Comment

Used to like HP cut with tabasco with a fry up but I tried Reggae Reggae sauce recently and that is now the only game in town.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X