This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
    The airport is outside of the city and yes it should have another runway. If it was still the 90's when every US bound plane stopped in Shannon than the train would have made sense.

Better trains and hyperlinks around Ireland would be great for lots of reasons - none of which are to stop the building of the runway to increase capacity to cope with the demand at Dublin airport.
    I'm pretty sure the (not serious) idea is that you would increase the number of flights into Shannon and decrease/maintain the number to Dublin rather than piling on millions upon millions of additional car and bus journeys per year into a city that's practically at a standstill already.

Solving the problem by transporting passengers to Shannon is fucking stupid, but it's roughly an order of magnitude less stupid than building another runway and another big carpark at the top of the M50.

Comment

Watched Hacksaw Ridge last night. Thought it was fantastic and defo one of the best films i've watched lately. The battle scenes were superb.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
        Building another runway at Dublin airport with the current infrastructure deficit is the worst idea. Doing nothing would be better than building either, but a new runway is the worst.

A high speed train starting in Dublin airport that terminated in a plunge over the cliffs of Moher is a better idea.
        Really, why is it such a bad idea?

Don't have a strong opinion but I would have expected that there is plenty of room for expansion on the present site.
        Terminals are there and seem ready to handle the extra numbers, no need for a white elephant train into town either, slightly better bus corridors is all that is required.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Did you hear the Savoy is closing two screens or something? It's horrible

Oh it looks like they are not sure what they are doing ....but changing something

Last edited by Guest; 03-02-17, 13:07.

Comment

How badly will you be affected?
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
              How badly will you be affected?
              Immeasurably I saw Big Fish there by Tim Burton!

This is an amazing movie!!I love it!!!!Directed by: Tim Burton 2003Cast:Ewan McgregorHelena Bonham CarterJessica Lange Albert FinneyBilly CrudupDanny DevitoM...

Had a couple of first dates there. You can't measure that stuff!

Comment

Rick O'Shea saw superman. And some writer from Rathfarham says it's 'a sign of the times'.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                  Did you hear the Savoy is closing two screens or something? It's horrible

Oh it looks like they are not sure what they are doing ....but changing something

https://lovindublin.com/dublin/updat...cording-to-imc
                  They have made some changes. I was there last week and they charged a few quid extra because 'the screen is bigger than the others'.

Comment

Rick O' Shea looks really like Graham Norton there.

There are closing anything with any charm these days

Comment

They have made some changes. I was there last week and they charged a few quid extra because 'the screen is bigger than the others'.
                      That's just stupid. At least it's still there though.

If they are closing cinemas. Cinema is getting smaller and youtube is getting bigger.
                      Last edited by Guest; 03-02-17, 13:24.

Comment

Former Norwegian PM detained for an hour on the way into the US for questioning because he had previously visited Iran.

SP is screwed if he ever intends to go there.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                          Former Norwegian PM detained for an hour on the way into the US for questioning because he had previously visited Iran.

SP is screwed if he ever intends to go there.
                          Well if a Prime Minister from respectable Norway can be detained for visiting a Muslim Country. We have no hope.....travel will be much slower.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                            Ship the Wales v Ireland, Ireland v France and Ireland v England rugby tickets.

Just need the right results now!!
                            How did you get the Ire v England tickets? First year I remember not being able to get them.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                              Rick O' Shea looks really like Graham Norton there.

There are closing anything with any charm these days
                              We used to call them the pictures.

The Savoy is a kip. Epicurean food center effect coming into in play.

The Lighthouse, that's a greathreat cinema.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Don't have a strong opinion but I would have expected that there is plenty of room for expansion on the present site.
                                Terminals are there and seem ready to handle the extra numbers, no need for a white elephant train into town either, slightly better bus corridors is all that is required.
                                Dublin is in need of a lot more infrastructure than a tweaked set of bus corridors.

Presumably a new runway would be adding in something in the order of 10-15 million more passengers a year. How many more cars and busses is that going to stuff onto the M50? Are there seriously bus corridor configurations that could account for that as well as sorting out the fact that the city was already the tenth most congested city in the world back in 2014.

The figures mean drivers face a delay of 43 minutes for every hour they drive in peak periods and drivers with just a 30-minute commute waste 96 hours a year stuck in traffic jams.
                                Honestly I think you are underestimating the problem.

What is the effect of that going to be on city life, not to mention the environment?

A train that could reduce the number of car journeys in Dublin by 20,000 passengers per hour per direction as per the original plans - if you are willing to call that a 'white elephant' then I look forward to your reaction to Trump's climate change jiggery-pokery and suggest you are less interested in the environment when it inconveniences Fine Gael's bizarre aversion to an infrastructure deficit which is affecting our competitiveness
                                Last edited by Keane; 03-02-17, 13:57.

Comment

Express bus only lanes with right of way, no tickets on board, loads of doors that actually open. No old people or infirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                    That's not true? It all goes to staff apart from 8% fee on cc tips used to pay for costs of running the system (which has been controversial in the past)
                                    Is this still common now? I could be totally wrong here but I thought that this practise had stopped but maybe I am being naïve. I normally pay tips in cash anyway but it would really annoy me if any restaurant I eat in did this.

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion
                                    My favourite pizza in dublin literally only has the base, tomato sauce and some mushrooms. The sauce and base are just ridiculously nice (Enoteca Torino).
                                    You need to add meat

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                    Fwiw I already find logic pretty sexy when my fiance decides to use it - the irrational emotional responses not so much.
                                    Golden - If I could thank this twice I would!

Rick O'Shea saw superman. And some writer from Rathfarham says it's 'a sign of the times'.

http://m.independent.ie/entertainmen...-35382977.html
                                    It is sad to see but like everything else, it's been done for a logical reason. I love Screen 1 in the Savoy but I probably only get thee about 3 / 4 a year and most of them are during ADIFF.

Comment

As is, the terminals are not ready to handle extra numbers.
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                        Lazy fucker - pick up the pace honda

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                          How did you get the Ire v England tickets? First year I remember not being able to get them.
                                          My brother gets an option to buy 7 tickets for every home game from the Leinster branch for being the voluntary coach and rugby organiser for his school teams (senior and junior both male and female teams). The sole perk of the gig which can be pretty thankless at times.

He obviously disperses most of the tickets to his fellow voluntary coaches but manages to reserve me 2 which I really appreciate! One day the well will run dry and it'll be a sad day...

I generally get offered freebie tickets which I very rarely accept due to the conflicting nature of the gift, and at this stage people just don't offer them to me anymore. I really think the scramble for Ire v Eng will be unreal if the results are good for both teams.
                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Don't think it's common Lao Lao as they got in a lot of hot water over doing it. No idea if they still do it, did in 2015.

Comment

6 nations fantasy rugby, who are the must haves?
                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Dublin is in need of a lot more infrastructure than a tweaked set of bus corridors.
                                                Sure but a metro to the airport isn't a solution to anything

Presumably a new runway would be adding in something in the order of 10-15 million more passengers a year. How many more cars and busses is that going to stuff onto the M50?
                                                Honestly I think you are underestimating the problem.
                                                What is the effect of that going to be on city life, not to mention the environment?
                                                Certainly could be underestimating but the plan is not about adding 10's of millions of new visitors to the city, it is to extend the use of the airport as a hub.

Obv though there would be some extra load on existing infrastructure out side the airport.

A train that could reduce the number of car journeys in Dublin by 20,000 passengers per hour per direction as per the original plans
                                                Not at all convinced about the value of investing billions in single line projects like that.

Transport within cities is going to change radically in the next decade and some of the things likely to happen that will make the cost of .
                                                Self driving electric cars and busses will be ubiquitous within cities.
                                                Private self drive cars will for the most part be banned.
                                                Number of bicycle journeys will increase exponentially.

Key infrastructure needs will be to enable the new technologies inside the cities and to bring people from outside the cities to it cheaply and efficiently.

Metro north as originally conceived would be an anachronism by the time it was ever built.

Comment

I know of a few restaurants in Dublin that keep all the tips or 50% of the tips. I never visit them because of this cuntish move
                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Sure but a metro to the airport isn't a solution to anything

Certainly could be underestimating but the plan is not about adding 10's of millions of new visitors to the city, it is to extend the use of the airport as a hub.

Obv though there would be some extra load on existing infrastructure out side the airport.

Not at all convinced about the value of investing billions in single line projects like that.

Transport within cities is going to change radically in the next decade and some of the things likely to happen that will make the cost of .
                                                    Self driving electric cars and busses will be ubiquitous within cities.
                                                    Private self drive cars will for the most part be banned.
                                                    Number of bicycle journeys will increase exponentially.

Key infrastructure needs will be to enable the new technologies inside the cities and to bring people from outside the cities to it cheaply and efficiently.

Metro north as originally conceived would be an anachronism by the time it was ever built.
                                                    I think it's looking unlikely to affect me much either way, with something you might remember me mentioning a few months ago looking like it's coming up on Healy Rae's bullet train shortly

That's a good point in fairness about keeping powder dry with transport methods likely to change.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                      My understanding is Terminal 1 is still massively over capacity because Terminal 2 fees are exorbitant, so very few airlines have moved over. Confirm/deny?

Anyway, is adding a runway really going to massively increase the number of passengers? It will greatly increase the efficiency with which we can deal with existing passengers, but is that really gonna massively increase the demand for air travel?
                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Should be named and shamed any restaurant that operates like that
                                                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Building another runway at Dublin airport with the current infrastructure deficit is the worst idea. Doing nothing would be better than building either, but a new runway is the worst.

A high speed train starting in Dublin airport that terminated in a plunge over the cliffs of Moher is a better idea.
                                                          It's capacity of the terminals not the provision of runways that drive increase in infrastructural requirements. Capacity increase application should get going soon enough I'd say

Comment

My brother gets an option to buy 7 tickets for every home game from the Leinster branch for being the voluntary coach and rugby organiser for his school teams (senior and junior both male and female teams). The sole perk of the gig which can be pretty thankless at times.

He obviously disperses most of the tickets to his fellow voluntary coaches but manages to reserve me 2 which I really appreciate! One day the well will run dry and it'll be a sad day...

I generally get offered freebie tickets which I very rarely accept due to the conflicting nature of the gift, and at this stage people just don't offer them to me anymore. I really think the scramble for Ire v Eng will be unreal if the results are good for both teams.
                                                            Well if you get offered anything at all please accept and I will either pay full whack or if they are free donate 100 to the charity of your choice!

I do go to a lot of games as you know, usually my Mum who works in Gerard's gets tickets but none this year and I couldn't get any through the club!

Comment

How can one find out the name of the places that do that?

Comment

So, the poker company I'm working for has just launched its new website:

GGPoker is the World's Biggest Poker Room. Join today for a chance at $10,000,000 in prizes each month, plus Daily Freebies and a 100% Welcome Bonus at signup.

Our poker software (which will run on the GGNetwork, a fairly big network focused primarily on Asian rec players, it is very grinder unfriendly, no HUDs, etc...) will follow in the very near future.

If anyone wants to guarantee themselves some free tickets once we launch, head to the Download page and input your poker email address.

I'll also post a bit about our launch promos at that stage and probably throw out some more free tickets - haven't done any IPB giveaways since my PPP days so that'll be fun

Comment

Just wondering....I imagine cash tips aren't taxed and card ones are?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                    Just wondering....I imagine cash tips aren't taxed and card ones are?
                                                                    True!

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                      So, the poker company I'm working for has just launched its new website:

GGPoker is the World's Biggest Poker Room. Join today for a chance at $10,000,000 in prizes each month, plus Daily Freebies and a 100% Welcome Bonus at signup.

Our poker software (which will run on the GGNetwork, a fairly big network focused primarily on Asian rec players, it is very grinder unfriendly, no HUDs, etc...) will follow in the very near future.

If anyone wants to guarantee themselves some free tickets once we launch, head to the Download page and input your poker email address.

I'll also post a bit about our launch promos at that stage and probably throw out some more free tickets - haven't done any IPB giveaways since my PPP days so that'll be fun
                                                                      How about not quite grinder, not quite rec players like about 90% on here were!?

Is it not grinder friendly in a good, know what ye are doing way, or not grinder friendly in a iPoker crash due to "your internet provider" way?

Comment

Comment

Express bus only lanes with right of way, no tickets on board, loads of doors that actually open. No old people or infirmed.
                                                                          Doing yourself out of your own idea there m8

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                            How about not quite grinder, not quite rec players like about 90% on here were!?

Is it not grinder friendly in a good, know what ye are doing way, or not grinder friendly in a iPoker crash due to "your internet provider" way?
                                                                            Not grinder friendly in the 'joking suggestions that we re-name the network the AFN - Asian Fish Network' way In reality it's been set up to really discourage grinders, the tournament fees are really low but the cash game rake isn't, mobile play is encouraged, the unique games are more short-session focused.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                              Think it's pathetic that rational people give a shit about party politics. I like Donnelly. I would be more inclined to vote for FF now because he is involved.
                                                                              you cant ignore party politics though if you fundamentally disagree with them. In fairness a switch from SD to FF isn't that outlandish but to put it in context I would never vote for Peadar Tóibín in my own constituency (even though I think he's a good candidate) because hes SF

Ship the Wales v Ireland, Ireland v France and Ireland v England rugby tickets.

Just need the right results now!!
                                                                              I also have sequred all of the above pending being able to get off work

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                you cant ignore party politics though if you fundamentally disagree with them. In fairness a switch from SD to FF isn't that outlandish but to put it in context I would never vote for Peadar Tóibín in my own constituency (even though I think he's a good candidate) because hes SF

Hi m8. Haven't heard from ya in ages. Any craic?
                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I like your tagline

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                    Hi m8. Haven't heard from ya in ages. Any craic?
                                                                                    im good thanks - working and living down in Limerick at the moment. Class spot to be fair will be sad to leave.

Im sorry I must have missed most of the Trump dabate et al here recently would have made for some good reading I'd imagine

Comment

I think it's looking unlikely to affect me much either way, with something you might remember me mentioning a few months ago looking like it's coming up on Healy Rae's bullet train shortly
                                                                                      .
                                                                                      Nice one, sophistication of the big city was never for the likes of you

Comment

im good thanks - working and living down in Limerick at the moment. Class spot to be fair will be sad to leave.

Im sorry I must have missed most of the Trump dabate et al here recently would have made for some good reading I'd imagine
                                                                                        Got this text from one of my parents

SPOILER

Comment

You should have said, i could have given you the tour !
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Spending a night in the Maldron in Wexford, their wifi has IPB blocked. wtf?
                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

SPOILER
                                                                                              lol, to my own frustration, I got something very similar about the gay marriage referendum.
                                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                Prob just the word poker in the URL causing it. Had that in another place.

Comment

There's also a bible in the drawer, twilight zone.

Thought that nonsense practice died off.

Comment

It got resurrected.

Comment

It's a Catholic country m8

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

SPOILER
                                                                                                        mine were very similar but in fairness to them thats what the mainstream media portrays to them every day and they, like most, are happy enough to crack on like that

I read somewhere on reddit that in some hotels they've started replacing the bible with the declaration of human rights. Not sure if you can make rollies out of the declaration but it prob has the same % chance of being read so overall prob -EV for your average punter

Comment

That's in nearly every hotel I've ever been in I think, even in the UK from the few times I've thought to check for it to see if it was there. It does make me think less of any place that has it, for at least 5 seconds at least until I forget about it.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                            My understanding is Terminal 1 is still massively over capacity because Terminal 2 fees are exorbitant, so very few airlines have moved over. Confirm/deny?

Anyway, is adding a runway really going to massively increase the number of passengers? It will greatly increase the efficiency with which we can deal with existing passengers, but is that really gonna massively increase the demand for air travel?
                                                                                                            First I heard of it. There's no room in terminal 2 at the times most airlines would want. There's no where to move over to.
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Nothing wrong with the good book.

GFYL

Comment

Just looking at six nations tickets on seat wave \viagogo. Ireland seems to be treasure island for these guys,tickets to tomorrow's Scotland game and England France can be got for 120 to 250 (plus their charge) cheap but nowhere near the 700-1000 Euro you would have to shell out for Ireland France in the Avila,insane,but people obv willing to pay

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                  Nothing wrong with the good book.

GFYL
                                                                                                                  There is with this particular one.

Comment

coygig

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                      Just looking at six nations tickets on seat wave \viagogo. Ireland seems to be treasure island for these guys,tickets to tomorrow's Scotland game and England France can be got for 120 to 250 (plus their charge) cheap but nowhere near the 700-1000 Euro you would have to shell out for Ireland France in the Avila,insane,but people obv willing to pay
                                                                                                                      You'll get the Aviva tickets for a whole lot cheaper come ~4:30 tomorrow evening.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

the rasta/pasta of sport

Comment

Is Jedward 4/7 to win CBB free money?
                                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X