This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a really interesting thread.

Cliffs, guy posts thread remarking about how in 2008 a guy called Dave Heely became the first blind person to run the 777, seven marathons on seven continents in seven days.
    Apparently he was forced to run the Antarctic leg on the Falklands due to weather conditions* but his achievement was never questioned.
    Someone posts that an Irish blind girl is about to do the same challenge.

She does it and runs on Antarctica but starts an ugly social media campaign trying to discredit Heely so she can enter the Guinness book of records as the first blind person to do it.

A great achievement, but it's pretty pathetic.

*Edit, the original attempt in 03 was forced to, he just followed that route, which kinda changes things a little I suppose. Still pathetic though.
    Last edited by Lazare; 05-02-17, 23:02.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Already got a little political on fox....
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Lady gaga making a tit of herself at half time is my lock of the week

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
          This is a really interesting thread.

Cliffs, guy posts thread remarking about how in 2008 a guy called Dave Heely became the first blind person to run the 777, seven marathons on seven continents in seven days.
          Apparently he was forced to run the Antarctic leg on the Falklands due to weather conditions* but his achievement was never questioned.
          Someone posts that an Irish blind girl is about to do the same challenge.

She does it and runs on Antarctica but starts an ugly social media campaign trying to discredit Heely so she can enter the Guinness book of records as the first blind person to do it.

A great achievement, but it's pretty pathetic.

*Edit, the original attempt in 03 was forced to, he just followed that route, which kinda changes things a little I suppose. Still pathetic though.
          Kinda completely unrelated but thought reading that post you might enjoy this documentary if you haven't seen it.

Available now WORLDWIDE: http://www.barkleymovie.comA famous prison escape sparks the idea for a cult-like race that has seen only 10 finishers in its first ...

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
            Kinda completely unrelated but thought reading that post you might enjoy this documentary if you haven't seen it.

Available now WORLDWIDE: http://www.barkleymovie.comA famous prison escape sparks the idea for a cult-like race that has seen only 10 finishers in its first ...

Opr
            Cheers dude, I watched it a couple of months ago, you're right, I really enjoyed it. Think I may have posted about it. Don't think I've ever even thought of anything so gruelling, mind blowing stuff.

Comment

Comment

The first time a massive pic deserves to be a massive pic imo. Wow.

Comment

Freeeman MVP 33's for me.
                  Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      The first time a massive pic deserves to be a massive pic imo. Wow.
                      Worth scrolling sideways twice to thank.

Comment

Jesus that's a bit grim
                        Bush i mean

Comment

Quite simply Lurker you're a lucky cunt and thats a great seat.

Logging off now to enjoy game in jim jams with a vodka which you cant do

Comment

Anyone got a decent link? Trying to find one on reddit but failing.
                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I have a bet with a mate of mine on the coin toss each year. Have never lost. That's 6 in a row
                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Love some of those American indoor stadiums,I'd say its deafening

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                  Anyone got a decent link? Trying to find one on reddit but failing.
                                  It is on BBC so filmon is usually decent

FilmOn TV is a popular online streaming platform that offers a wide variety of live TV channels, movies, and TV shows. The platform was launched in 2010 and has since become one of the largest online TV networks in the world. It offers a wide range of channels from all over the world, including news, sports, entertainment, and lifestyle channels. In addition to live TV channels, FilmOn TV also provides on-demand content, including a library of movies and TV shows that can be streamed online. The platform is available on a variety of devices, including smartphones, tablets, smart TVs, and gaming consoles, making it accessible to a large audience.

Opr

Comment

50% bonus on betfair NFL bets,
                                    Am I being silly or does this mean you can get Patrots > Evens?

Comment

Great stuff, thanks OPR

Comment

knowing about that 50% before the off would have been handy

also rigger literally google superbowl streams reddit and you get this page

This link is grand then
                                        The Requested Url Was Not Found !...., Sorry! Evidently the document you were looking for has either been moved or no longer exist.
                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                          It is on BBC so filmon is usually decent

FilmOn TV is a popular online streaming platform that offers a wide variety of live TV channels, movies, and TV shows. The platform was launched in 2010 and has since become one of the largest online TV networks in the world. It offers a wide range of channels from all over the world, including news, sports, entertainment, and lifestyle channels. In addition to live TV channels, FilmOn TV also provides on-demand content, including a library of movies and TV shows that can be streamed online. The platform is available on a variety of devices, including smartphones, tablets, smart TVs, and gaming consoles, making it accessible to a large audience.

Opr
                                          Yep. Have used that since Flushdraw told me about it a few years ago. Also have the bonus of no ads!

Comment

Oh and let's go falcons!!!
                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Looks like that first Quarter hoodoo may continue for Pats.
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Other side of the world, 70,000 + people and Lurker in the section next to me. Want a beer m8?

Comment

3/4 years I have fluked the 1st touchdown scorer in superbowl now, letting my bets on falcons and falcons -4.5 ride now. Nice to get paid to be watching superbowl too
                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                    Other side of the world, 70,000 + people and Lurker in the section next to me. Want a beer m8?
                                                    Thanks for the beer m8. My round next

Comment

Impressed by the distance they get on those flag throws,those guys should be on the pitch.or is there a lead weight in them?

Comment

Bedtime?

Comment

Game over...wow
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I took the day off work tomoro for this at least Lurker will enjoy it

Comment

These lads would want to improve their rucking technique. No rolling away at all and the clearout is dreadful.

Trump's buddy is having a shocker too.
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

NE need a score now before HT and game still on

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                  I took the day off work tomoro for this at least Lurker will enjoy it
                                                                  Working from home

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                    knowing about that 50% before the off would have been handy
                                                                    I got an email advertising it as an "exclusive" offer. I don't think it's transferable or site wide.
                                                                    Unless everyone got the email

Comment

layin falcons, sleep time now

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                        Game over...wow
                                                                        Thats not true, mountain to climb but the man that can do it. Could really use Gronk tho
                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Spirit cooking freak incoming

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                            Jesus that's a bit grim
                                                                            Bush i mean
                                                                            Long odds about him seeing SB52 I reckon.
                                                                            The cointoss was like something out of his Simpsons episode.

Comment

Never been 7 US presidents alive before, record equalling 6 at the moment so Trump needs to do the decent thing and resign soon to break the record as Clinton, BushOne and Carter don't have long.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                Never been 7 US presidents alive before, record equalling 6 at the moment so Trump needs to do the decent thing and resign soon to break the record as Clinton, BushOne and Carter don't have long.
                                                                                Trump oldest ever elected,inspirational

Comment

Lady GAGA looking hot. Never really thgt that about her before.

Comment

Opr

Comment

I can't listen to this but am I right in thinking this is pretty damn good? It looks good anyway
                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Lets go American football people, throw more points please

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                          I can't listen to this but am I right in thinking this is pretty damn good? It looks good anyway
                                                                                          In terms of half time shows it seems on the better end.

Opr

Comment

This sport keeps proving itself as average. Top class for a yank sport tbf but then again the competition isn't exactly high.

Comment

I've seen better
                                                                                              #neverforget

Comment

OK maybe vodka impaired but cant understand what happened at end of that GaGa performance. Where did stage and she go

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                  I've seen better
                                                                                                  #neverforget
                                                                                                  Wow!! Never knew ghostface started in a ht show

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                    OK maybe vodka impaired but cant understand what happened at end of that GaGa performance. Where did stage and she go
                                                                                                    The state sunk back into the ground and she flew off into the night sky.

Comment

Went with Kinnegar crossroads American style IPA for my Super Bowl beer,so fucking good #beerwanker

Comment

HERE COMES THE FIGHTBACK BUT FIRST MORE ADS

Comment

Lady gaga making a tit of herself at half time is my lock of the week
                                                                                                          Sadly she didn't. Total borefest though with some big production/broadcast errors.
                                                                                                          Last edited by BennyHiFi; 06-02-17, 02:08.

Comment

Gonna ignore the lessons of brexit and us election and head to bed(robbed from BBC)

Comment

Thought Lady Gaga nailing that catch at the end was good since women are only good at shit that isn't that.

Breaking barriers that one.

Comment

Only bet I did was over 13 penalties as I wanted to enjoy the game bias free. Just 7 so far and hoping for 7 more so I can go to bed.................

Comment

Meanwhile I see Canada lose Davis cup match after guy clocks the umpire with ball lol

Britain reach the Davis Cup quarter-finals after Canada's 17-year-old Denis Shapovalov is defaulted for hitting the umpire with a ball.

Comment

Oh my

Comment

Holy fuck what a catch should have been interception

Comment

Gonna ignore the lessons of brexit and us election and head to bed(robbed from BBC)
                                                                                                                        naw couldn't. could it?

Comment

Wow, wow, wow.

Opr

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X