X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
    What about me. I'm fucking awesome like
    Oh well I KNOW you are awesome. You mad thing!

Comment

She said normal
      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I killed a man and would do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
          Do you realize you're adorable? Maybe in just that one post ...but seriously adorable.
          Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
          Deadlyparrot confirmed adorable
          I know this might sound hard to belive, but he's even better in real life. Must get the two of ye out for pince some time.
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I am joking. I am sure they are lovely
            Ah no they aren't. Best avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              Thats the yoke I have, very happy with it for over a year now, excellent device. Super price for it too, hope you don't end up chatting to Amit about it.
              Ah great stuff, I was going to buy the FR 35 (£160), has everything I feel I currently need but I figured for an extra €50 I'd be mad not to future proof myself. The only little concern I have is it looks like it might be huge on the wrist, do you find that?

Yeah, great price, I probably wouldn't have been able to justify it pre Brexit.

Argos has them listed at €399 which is bonkers.
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                I killed a man and would do it again.
                I played Jesus in mountjoy prison.

Comment

I played Jesus in mountjoy prison.
                  Only mine is true.

Comment

Michelle, you are a mental bitch! not a safe person to go drinking with. Remember I am the more adultier one of the two of us

But we luvs ya just the way ye are. Roll on our next session!

Oh P&F, When SatNav stayed at my house the night before the wedding I didn't tell the hubby to be, I knew he would have been shitting himself! Terrified I wouldn't make the wedding or something. But it was a tame enough night of eating crap and drinking champagne

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post

But we luvs ya just the way ye are.
                      Best way to be .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                        Ah great stuff, I was going to buy the FR 35 (£160), has everything I feel I currently need but I figured for an extra €50 I'd be mad not to future proof myself. The only little concern I have is it looks like it might be huge on the wrist, do you find that?

Yeah, great price, I probably wouldn't have been able to justify it pre Brexit.

Argos has them listed at €399 which is bonkers.
                        It is big enough but lighter than one of those ugly metal ones the people use to show that they have more money than cop on. I have had some problems with my skin getting irritated from the strap, I should change it sometime.
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

What's the best sim only plan these days? Quality of coverage/data is pretty important, not just price.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                            What's the best sim only plan these days? Quality of coverage/data is pretty important, not just price.
                            Moved to Vodafone in Oct. Data coverage incomparably better than 3.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

You still.living in Clare? I imagine Vodafone would be your best bet. I moved to meteor a few months ago, I'll be switching back to Vodafone when my deal ends with meteor. The difference is very noticeable in coverage down here anyway.

Comment

Vodafone coverage is obviously best, especially in rural areas, but they are so much more expensive for what you get that anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                  You still.living in Clare? I imagine Vodafone would be your best bet. I moved to meteor a few months ago, I'll be switching back to Vodafone when my deal ends with meteor. The difference is very noticeable in coverage down here anyway.
                                  Dublin. I'm with eir at the moment and it's okay. Cheap, but coverage is a mixed bag really.

Comment

Scene from the 1975 cult classic, "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" - with lyrics on screen. Riff-Raff and Magenta show Brad and Janet how to do the Time Warp...

Do you remember this every Friday night in the classic cinema before they knocked it down?

My last week before my leaving cert. before we broke up for exams..we all went outside the school played this ...outside and did time warp. I loved that school!

Comment

The great thing about being a boy in the 80's was that there didnt seem to be any peer pressure. Hand me downs were just normal. Saliva circles on the pillows normal. Pillow cases were a luxury in short supply, if you had one one week you didnt the next. Home cut bowler haircuts normal. Monkey boots(before they became popular) normal. Eerie Crucifixion parade en masse around the estates on Good Friday normal!. We always wore oversized clothes because 'youll grow into them'.

Just one childhood memory of mortification that comes to mind was having to wear Patrick football boots that were in crusty the clown proportions. So long i needed to stuff the toes with several pages of the Irish Press each game day to fill the void. Used to hate when we played a posh team like Malahide who'd notice because the gobsmacked look of the face of the player i was marking always crushed my soul. After a few minutes they would always spot them during a break in play. He'd spot the boots in a shocked double take, stare a while at them in a disbelieving way then look at my face to see did i realise i was wearing boots so big wondering should he make me aware if it and then realising i must know as im wearing them. Then he's look down at the boots again then back at me.

Comment

Dublin. I'm with eir at the moment and it's okay. Cheap, but coverage is a mixed bag really.
                                        Tesco all the way for me. U get extra too I think using club card.
                                        Her sky-ness
                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                          Is there much on in the week leading up the Superbowl? My friend lives over there and is trying to convince me to go over, saying it's a compete party for the week leading into it.
                                          Not sure m8, we are only there the Saturday so UFC that night.
                                          Can only imagine Sunday will be mental and surely Monday after parties be great.
                                          Tuesday thinking rocket bulls and then home Wednesday. Long way to fly for four nights but fuck it.

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                          Last day of our trip around the South Island, started in Wellington, nice city but the wind is ridiculous, the Windy Wellington name is very apt, museum was cool, they collaborate on lots with Weta studios so visually it was very cool.

Ferry across the Cook Strait into Marlborough Sounds which was one of highlights. It was more expensive than a flight and obviously longer but definitely worth it.
                                          Boat trip and partial walk of the Queen Charlotte track, 80$ for basically a whole day included seeing penguins, seals, dolphins and nest of King Shag, only 600-800 left.
                                          We moved on to Nelson then, tried my first cellar door, Mahana was the estate, no clue about wine but fun experience.

Finally now in Kaiteriteri, definitely more touristy, lot's of families and campervans etc. We went for a kayak tour around Abel Tasman park and another partial walk of another great walk.

Flying back up to Auckland tomorrow.
                                          Lots of walks, hikes, biking in between on most days, definitely the most active holiday I've ever done and world's away from Auckland.

A few more small trips planned between now and June, Fiji and Lions tour then before deciding if we'll go home. TBH struggling to find work but if I find the right job I might stay, I got accepted on to a masters starting in September so at least I'll have that if I come back which is highly likely at this point. Overall good four months so far
                                          Still think I have a year in NZ in me, would you recommend?
                                          Already done Oz and can't get another "working holiday" visa so NZ could be a shout.

Meteor 30euro unlimited everything. In Dublin too and it's perfect. Surprised at how decent it is in rural areas too.

Comment

Rounders is the Roddy Doyle we deserve, not the one we've got.
                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                              Depends on the individual but I'd say 12 is about the optimum age to start reading the series but depending on what they are reading a precocious 10 year old would probably enjoy them.
                                              Possibly a bit young for it tbh. Would depend on the kid.
                                              Got a call from my nephew this evening and he's about half way through Northern Lights and loving it so far. Thanks for the input gents.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                The great thing about being a boy in the 80's was that there didnt seem to be any peer pressure. Hand me downs were just normal. Saliva circles on the pillows normal. Pillow cases were a luxury in short supply, if you had one one week you didnt the next. Home cut bowler haircuts normal. Monkey boots(before they became popular) normal. Eerie Crucifixion parade en masse around the estates on Good Friday normal!. We always wore oversized clothes because 'youll grow into them'.

Just one childhood memory of mortification that comes to mind was having to wear Patrick football boots that were in crusty the clown proportions. So long i needed to stuff the toes with several pages of the Irish Press each game day to fill the void. Used to hate when we played a posh team like Malahide who'd notice because the gobsmacked look of the face of the player i was marking always crushed my soul. After a few minutes they would always spot them during a break in play. He'd spot the boots in a shocked double take, stare a while at them in a disbelieving way then look at my face to see did i realise i was wearing boots so big wondering should he make me aware if it and then realising i must know as im wearing them. Then he's look down at the boots again then back at me.
                                                JESUS ..you are ALL adorable!

Comment

Gladiator just starting on Film 4 now for anyone stuck for something to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                    He is Roddy Doyle when Roddy Doyle used to write well.

Saliva circles on the pillows normal.
                                                    POETRY !
                                                    Last edited by Guest; 05-01-17, 21:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                      Still think I have a year in NZ in me, would you recommend?
                                                      Already done Oz and can't get another "working holiday" visa so NZ could be a shout.
                                                      Yeah absolutely, I think it's great because it has such a diverse range of things to do that are accessible but far enough away from each other that it feels like a bit of a road trip but even when you're moving along relatively short distances in some places, you're often seeing something completely different.

Obviously it will depend on the experience you want but take us for example, we didn't want a backpacker camping type year, we wanted a year working decently paid jobs in a nice area with various holidays to different areas throughout the year.

She's a teacher and I was hoping to move career to something more in Finance so Auckland made most sense for us and we're living in a suburb similar to say Malahide.

Wellington is quite artsy and hipster, big music scene etc but also has a lot of corporate head offices and government offices but the wind is crazy.
                                                      Auckland more corporate but pretty trendy suburbs such as Ponsonby and Newmarket but Auckland is that bit more expensive.

South Island is a completely different story, if you want the backpacker, hiking, camping etc kinda life there is probably no need to even visit the North Island, there is no comparison between both if that's what you want.
                                                      Hotter on the North Island but South Island has everything else.
                                                      Last edited by Guest; 05-01-17, 21:37.

Comment

NZ sounds amazing Brady.

Now in HD! Check out the official music video for "What's The Frequency, Kenneth?" from R.E.M.'s 1994 album Monster.To learn more, visit http://www.remhq.com...

Father John Misty kind of feels like the New REM. :-)
                                                        'Fear Fun' (Release Date: May 1, 2012) Sub Pop Mega Mart https://u.subpop.com/2padHxTFJM store https://fatherjohnmisty.store/collections/musiciTunes https:/...

Comment

I just read that the legend and gentleman that was Frank Murphy has passed away. I always enjoyed his company in the Fitz, often ran into him at Croke park and he looked after poker players many nights in Chai Yo. A very pleasant and gentle soul who seemed to have time for a word with everyone. RIP Frank.
                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                            I just read that the legend and gentleman that was Frank Murphy has passed away. I always enjoyed his company in the Fitz, often ran into him at Croke park and he looked after poker players many nights in Chai Yo. A very pleasant and gentle soul who seemed to have time for a word with everyone. RIP Frank.
                                                            Ah that's sad. Lovely man Frank.

Comment

I just read that the legend and gentleman that was Frank Murphy has passed A very pleasant and gentle soul who seemed to have time for a word with everyone. RIP Frank.
                                                              I didn't know him. But i tend to like gentle souls and the world needs more of them. So I am sorry. RIP Sorry for his family.

Comment

Tesco all the way for me. U get extra too I think using club card.
                                                                By far and away the cheapest that also allow tethering and I think they piggy back the 02 network so coverage is generally very good.

€15 a month gets you free calls and 10GB of data plus you get to keep the 15 quid as a balance to buy a text add-on or whatever you want. International calls are much cheaper than other networks to most destinations. If you top up with club card point you get treble the value so a €5 club card top up gets you the €15 top up needed for all the shit above.

I have no idea how they are making money.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                  By far and away the cheapest that also allow tethering and I think they piggy back the 02 network so coverage is generally very good.

€15 a month gets you free calls and 10GB of data plus you get to keep the 15 quid as a balance to buy a text add-on or whatever you want. International calls are much cheaper than other networks to most destinations. If you top up with club card point you get treble the value so a €5 club card top up gets you the €15 top up needed for all the shit above.

I have no idea how they are making money.

Opr
                                                                  IV never had a problem coverage wise. International calls are for nothing. I wouldn't move from them. Vodafone absolute rip off
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

What's the deal with Hotspur? Did he die or something

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                      Looking for somewhere for 8 of us to go for a weekend to golf and drink in Ireland in late March/early April. Anybody any suggestions for location?

Rough itinerary is arrive down Friday evening to an Airbnb, dinner and pints, golf Saturday, dinner and pints, golf Sunday, drive home to Dublin. Any good golf courses around Kilkenny? Kerry is a trek but open to it. Cork?
                                                                      Dungarvan: 3 Championship Courses, great restaurants,pubs and hotel(fk AirBNB)

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                        What's the deal with Hotspur? Did he die or something
                                                                        Has taken a few months off from society, in a Thailand monastery.

Comment

Portsmouth just got beaten 3-1 by Doncaster Rovers in League 2 (the fourth tier of English football)

Mad to think that just 8 years ago, they were playing Milan in the UEFA Cup

Comment

JESUS ..you are ALL adorable!
                                                                            He is Roddy Doyle when Roddy Doyle used to write well.

POETRY !
                                                                            Ah bloody hell lads, far too kind. The saliva circles of disproportionate dimensions used confound me though. Why are they yellowish, why are some bigger than others. How do you wash something as big as a pillow?. Why do circles not form on the pillow case?. These were the things i always thought about back then.
                                                                            Last edited by rounders123; 05-01-17, 23:33. Reason: not form

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                              Ah bloody hell lads, far too kind. The saliva circles of disproportionate dimensions used confound me though. Why are they yellowish, why are some bigger than others. How do you wash something as big as a pillow?. Why do circles form on the pillow case?. These were the things i always thought about back then.
                                                                              Ah, we await your treatise on skid marks
                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

big shout out to Peace&Fire, feeling the <3 today

Comment

I'm officially married to a forty year old since 12. Has been an expensive couple of days.
                                                                                  Tea was spaghetti bolegnase rigger m8.

Comment

What was the cake and song for first dance?

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                      What was the cake and song for first dance?
                                                                                      Oops I probably worded that wrong, I meant she turned forty at twelve.
                                                                                      Spaghetti bolegnase wouldn't have been much of a wedding meal.

Comment

sounds top drawer to me

Comment

No cake for the birthday? Hope Ferdia slaps you.

Pics of spag bol next time m8

Comment

Comment

Just got woken by my dog furiously licking me cause I fell asleep in his bed. Maybe 2018 will be my year

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                Portsmouth just got beaten 3-1 by Doncaster Rovers in League 2 (the fourth tier of English football)

Mad to think that just 8 years ago, they were playing Milan in the UEFA Cup
                                                                                                Mad to think that just 8 years ago their manager was laying the building blocks for Sligo Rovers most successful period, now he is pissing away his life with a league 2 club!!!

Comment

...
                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Only old people txt? It's all about whatsapp/messenger now. Only texts I get are from my dad or my network provider anyhow.

20e free texts, free three to three calls, free weekend calls to any mobile, unlimited internets including tethering the bollox out of it works for me.

Comment

Only old people txt? It's all about whatsapp/messenger now. Only texts I get are from my dad or my network provider anyhow.

20e free texts, free three to three calls, free weekend calls to any mobile, unlimited internets including tethering the bollox out of it works for me.
                                                                                                      My parents both have Samsung smartphones and only use viber and whatsapp for most calls and texts now. Both are on facebook as well. Dad will be 73 next month and Mum is 69! going good they are with technology!

Comment

He was an absolute gent the last time I saw him he was so sickly and thin I couldn't look him in the eye. It was obvious he was very ill.

Comment

A teacher asks her class what their parents do for a living.
                                                                                                          Mary says, "My dad's a doctor." The teacher says, "That's great, can you spell doctor?"
                                                                                                          "Yes, miss," replies Mary, "it's D-O-C-T-O-R."
                                                                                                          "Well done," says the teacher, "Who's next?"
                                                                                                          Billy puts his hand up and says, "My dad is in the police and he's a constable."
                                                                                                          "That's very good, Billy," says the teacher. "Can you spell constable?"
                                                                                                          "Yes, miss, it's C-U-N ..." at which point the teacher interrupts and says "No, Billy, try again."
                                                                                                          "OK, miss, it's C-U-N ..." at which point the teacher jumps in again and says to Billy, "Not quite, why don't you practice in your spelling book and we'll come back to you in a minute ?
                                                                                                          Right, who's next?"
                                                                                                          "My dad is a Bookie, Miss," says little Johnny
                                                                                                          .
                                                                                                          "Oh," replies the teacher. "Can you spell Bookmaker to which little Johnny replies, "No, Miss, but I'll give you 5/4 on that Billy writes cunt in that book.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                            Mobile packages are so fcking expensive in Ireland, if those are the best packages. Just even by comparison to Northern Irish rates. €15 a month and need to buy a text package. Like it doesn't even include text messages by default. Think the Three NI deal is £15 a month all you can eat and free roaming to a fcktonne of countries.
                                                                                                            Most mobile operators ask you to say top up by 15/20 and they take this as payment for free calls/texts etc. You aren't buying the package with Tesco. That is what you get for topping up by €15 but you also keep the €15 as a balance to buy whatever you want in the way of add-ons so it is included in you top if you know what I mean.

I actually did a bit of digging after my post yesterday and found they have been losing money year on year with last year seeing their biggest loss to date.

Opr
                                                                                                            Last edited by Opr; 06-01-17, 10:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                              Most mobile operators ask you to say top up by 15/20 and they take this as payment for free calls/texts etc. You aren't buying the package with Tesco. That is what you get for topping up by €15 but you also keep the €15 as a balance to buy whatever you want in the way of add-ons so it is included in you top if you know what I mean.

I actually did a bit of digging after my post yesterday and found they have been losing money year on year with last year seeing their biggest loss to date.

Opr
                                                                                                              That's a standard enough Telco model albeit there's a different reason for Tesco doing it. 3 lost over €600m from when they entered the market to when they bought O2 Ireland.

Between spectrum (not relevant in Tescos case)

handset subsidies (at one point 3 were giving a free iPhone with a 12 month contract that only guaranteed them €180 a year when they were paying circa €700 for the device themselves)

interconnect costs to piggyback or terminate on someone elses network

it's very difficult to make money as a new entrant and theres a long long payback period.

In Tesco's case they aren't even trying to make money as such it's just another way to own the consumer so they shop in Tesco rather than Dunnes Aldi etc etc.
                                                                                                              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

excel gurus, help please

is it possible to change a few entries in a column (not entire column) from a single cell to two separate cells?

e.g. first to second without affecting rest of spreadsheet

Last edited by careca; 06-01-17, 11:51. Reason: edit to say I want to split the first few cells to allow me to add extra data but only these cells, not the entire column

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                                  That's a standard enough Telco model albeit there's a different reason for Tesco doing it. 3 lost over €600m from when they entered the market to when they bought O2 Ireland. ....
                                                                                                                  I only hope they have improved their internal systems. I can only imagine the data migration for 02 customers to 3 is a huge task
                                                                                                                  I went for an interview there once a good while back, their systems were access/excel driven
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                    excel gurus, help please

is it possible to change a few entries in a column (not entire column) from a single cell to two separate cells?

you want to split the cell or group columns?

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                      excel gurus, help please

Not really sure what you're saying, but should be really simple.

Just highlight all the cells you want to change, and > Insert > Shift cells right?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                        you want to split the cell or group columns?
                                                                                                                        Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                        Not really sure what you're saying, but should be really simple.

Just highlight all the cells you want to change, and > Insert > Shift cells right?
                                                                                                                        Split them Dp.

Tried that fd but it put everything out of kilter?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                          I only hope they have improved their internal systems. I can only imagine the data migration for 02 customers to 3 is a huge task
                                                                                                                          I went for an interview there once a good while back, their systems were access/excel driven
                                                                                                                          Well I left after it was confirmed but before it went through, same as a number of people really. What I've heard since wouldn't fill me with a lot of confidence tbh. In saying that it's been a while since I spoke to anyone there and they've had time to work together and start figuring it out so who knows.

It wouldn't surprise me to see them not integrate mind you, or at least not for a few years. As you'll know from VF these things are always messy and put on the long finger.
                                                                                                                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X