• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Not long enough.

I did say awkwardly shaped. Like this:
    SPOILER

If that was put on table I would think of this tbh..........................

Comment

Jack wasn't aul William Peaceandfire m8 although fucked if i know who was born there.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
        If that was put on table I would think of this tbh..........................

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Gl...-/140962047207
        You are not the first person to say this.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
          Can anyone here recommend a good doctor in Dublin city centre/phibsboro/drumcondra please and thanks
          Paddy Power clerk track you down?

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
            Will mending this with a sewing machine break it or should I throw it?

I would toss, unless you have a denim strength needle. But I would get rid and get some split soles? I much prefer them myself!

Comment

This too shall pass.

Comment

Why are you cleaning bottles SP?
                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

That you in the pink and ponytail P&F? Surrounded by symbolism eh

Comment

Would 'His Dark Materials' trilogy by Philip Pullman be a suitable present for an avid 10 year old reader?

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                      Ha, was wondering who else thought dat.
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Lots of furious unignorance going on I'd say.

Comment

link for BT stream please?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            The people voted for Hillary, the Electoral college will elect Trump.
                            That's a bit like complaining if you win the regular season and burn up all your resources on games that don't matter but a team that does the bare minimum arrives to the playoffs and wins.

The rules are set out clearly before it starts. Blowing out some states doesn't make you a winner and complaining about it is even worse.

Comment

Oleras on the naughty list

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                link for BT stream please?
                                ace stream, need ace player downloaded to watch. It's been shown how to install it here a million times

acestream://42fe51591598d905ab011a9c8339150f8391dfa7

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                  ace stream, need ace player downloaded to watch. It's been shown how to install it here a million times

acestream://42fe51591598d905ab011a9c8339150f8391dfa7
                                  nvm, cheers dobby downloading now
                                  Last edited by careca; 13-12-16, 20:15.

Comment

Decided on an impromptu visit to JJ's, bitta guitar wankerage.

Comment

whole house dying with the flu inc me, went to work , manager could see I wasnt the best. Worked away got fuck all , hadnt the energy to pitch to customers, really think/ need/ want to ring in sick tomorrow. Have had one sick day in 14 months, afraid to do it though.

Here saying to myself , like ffs I am not going to get the sack, target more or less hit , have sick pay. so why havent I the balls to do it?

Should I just go in and go home early or just viber in morn and say I am just unable?

Two of us on tomorrow so wont need cover.

Jesus hate this .

Maybe just see how I feel in morn , after dosing myself with every tablet, spray, whiskey etc might ok then.
                                      Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                        That's a bit like complaining if you win the regular season and burn up all your resources on games that don't matter but a team that does the bare minimum arrives to the playoffs and wins.

The rules are set out clearly before it starts. Blowing out some states doesn't make you a winner and complaining about it is even worse.
                                        Not complaining about that, just pointing out a fact.
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                          Would 'His Dark Materials' trilogy by Philip Pullman be a suitable present for an avid 10 year old reader?
                                          Depends on the individual but I'd say 12 is about the optimum age to start reading the series but depending on what they are reading a precocious 10 year old would probably enjoy them.

Comment

@GAB What happens on BB for the acca +1 thing if one of the legs (not the bonus leg) was postponed? If that leg being removed takes the bet under the 7/1 threshold does the bonus leg still apply or not in this case?

Comment

Nina Conte is ridic hot

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                whole house dying with the flu inc me, went to work , manager could see I wasnt the best. Worked away got fuck all , hadnt the energy to pitch to customers, really think/ need/ want to ring in sick tomorrow. Have had one sick day in 14 months, afraid to do it though.

Here saying to myself , like ffs I am not going to get the sack, target more or less hit , have sick pay. so why havent I the balls to do it?

Should I just go in and go home early or just viber in morn and say I am just unable?

Jesus hate this .

Maybe just see how I feel in morn , after dosing myself with every tablet, spray, whiskey etc might ok then.
                                                No manuka honey?

Don't decide now, you might feel better in the morning. Hope you feel better

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                  Why are you cleaning bottles SP?
                                                  Cause they're dirty m8

Comment

Jesus hate this .

Your colleagues will love you when you give them all your crappy bug. Don't only think about yourself and take a couple of days off to get better. Everyone wins. No brainer

Comment

Jesus hate this .

A bad cold like that will ease a bit in a couple of days, but if I were you and feeling very under the weather genuinely I'd definitely call in sick. Best to call rather than text unless you're on very good terms with your boss. Since there is no cover arrangements to be made I'd worry mostly about wrapping yourself up well, dosing yourself with paracetamol and vitamin c tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                        No manuka honey?

Don't decide now, you might feel better in the morning. Hope you feel better
                                                        normal honey im afraid , my thoughts are like yours , see how I feel in morn

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                        Your colleagues will love you when you give them all your crappy bug. Don't only think about yourself and take a couple of days off to get better. Everyone wins. No brainer
                                                        said colleague I would love to pass it onto him tbh lol

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                        A bad cold like that will ease a bit in a couple of days, but if I were you and feeling very under the weather genuinely I'd definitely call in sick. Best to call rather than text unless you're on very good terms with your boss. Since there is no cover arrangements to be made I'd worry mostly about wrapping yourself up well, dosing yourself with paracetamol and vitamin c tomorrow.
                                                        I get on great with manager, we tend to Viber mostly tbh, normally only one works on wed so really I am kinda ok with other chap working. ah Ill see how I am in morn, Ill set clock anyway not in till 10 am till 7pm
                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                          I have taken to stopping and just sniffing the aroma from Saburritos on Talbot Street (am I the only one who pretend North Earl Street doesn't exist and just calls it Talbot all the way) whenever I pass these days. It's quite lovely.
                                                          top manger too

Cause they're dirty m8
                                                          throw them out m8, boojum for tea.

Comment

Any Chilli Pepper fans?

Got two tickets for Tuesday which I can't make anymore.

Face value of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                              Any Chilli Pepper fans?

Got two tickets for Tuesday which I can't make anymore.

Face value of course.
                                                              Tar was looking for two standing alright.

Saw them in Belfast in August and they were shite

Comment

Arsenal never fail to Arsenal when within a sniff of contending.

Chelsea's next four fixtures Sunderland/Palace/Bournemouth/Stoke. League could be all over bar the shouting by the new year.
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Some finish to the Everton game

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                    Arsenal never fail to Arsenal when within a sniff of contending.

Chelsea's next four fixtures Sunderland/Palace/Bournemouth/Stoke. League could be all over bar the shouting by the new year.
                                                                    They were pretty atrocious in the second half, and especially awful at the back. Mustafi is a big loss. He's plugged the back 4 (relatively) and Gabriel just can't cut it at this level.

If Arsenal can someone come away from City without a loss, then the next 6 league games are West Brom, Palace, Bournemouth, Swansea, Burnely and Watford, with 4 of them at home. Hopefully be in touching distance of Chelsea before we clash the following week. So fucking frustrating to go down without a wimper.

Comment

Decanters shiny clean and sparkling.€3.50 well spent.

Christmas sherry bought and contemplating the unthinkable i.e. not buying any port this year. May make it up to myself by buying some Riedel glasses. Our wine glasses are a hideously mixed bag, with Ikea predominating. By contrast we have loads of really fancy crystal champagne flutes - how did that happen?

/wine wankery.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                        Possibly a bit young for it tbh. Would depend on the kid.
                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Depends on the individual but I'd say 12 is about the optimum age to start reading the series but depending on what they are reading a precocious 10 year old would probably enjoy them.
                                                                          Haven't read them myself but they were recommended in passing. He's a bright lad, think I'll pull the trigger. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                            Decided on an impromptu visit to JJ's, bitta guitar wankerage.
                                                                            Kerry lad just sang a song called 'hungover at mass' was pretty fucking great.

Junior Brother was his name. Watch this space, Jools material imo
                                                                            Last edited by Lazare; 13-12-16, 22:09. Reason: I suck at accents obv

Comment

Was that article about it closing bs, or has there been a change of plan?
                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Thats my mate Ronan Kealy. Doing pretty well. Sold out a small gig down here and was a cracking night. His brother is the Kerry goalkeeper Brendan. Shall pass on the compliment

Comment

His Facebook for those that might want a listen

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Some finish to the Everton game
                                                                                    Sigh..

Comment

Anyone ever book with Gotogate via Skyscanner?

Reviews dont seem great but they are the cheapest flights by far!

Comment

Not long enough.

I did say awkwardly shaped. Like this:
                                                                                        SPOILER

That's a Riedel isn't it. I like that one. Kinda of imagine it rolling around the table for you.
                                                                                        I like the Mamba one. Similar price bracket I'd guess. Seen a special edition one down at Penfolds in their private tastign room. Only $3,000. That's next level wine-wankery.

Sort of like these;
                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                        Last edited by Mellor; 13-12-16, 23:26.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                                          Took some pics out and about Found the birth place of WB Yeats. :-)
                                                                                          That's d'brother - a painter. Who has the distinction of being Ireland first Olympic medallists, for a painting, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                            Anyone ever book with Gotogate via Skyscanner?

Reviews dont seem great but they are the cheapest flights by far!
                                                                                            Yep flew long haul with this exact method no problem at all. Finnish based I think.

Comment

Decanters shiny clean and sparkling.€3.50 well spent.

Christmas sherry bought and contemplating the unthinkable i.e. not buying any port this year. May make it up to myself by buying some Riedel glasses. Our wine glasses are a hideously mixed bag, with Ikea predominating. By contrast we have loads of really fancy crystal champagne flutes - how did that happen?

/wine wankery.
                                                                                              In the three years of being with Mrs Lao, the only recurring argument, I mean discussion, is on wine glasses. We have about two dozen. Most are shit and we have no more than two of the same.

Every time I suggest to buy new glasses it's shot down as we have loads and sure there is only two of us living here. Think it's time to do what I do with wine and just turn up with a dozen of them unannounced for her to find under the stairs after a month or two.

Also may be time to buy some brushes as my previous method for cleaning this (basically leave it to herself to clean) isn't working as well of late with the chorus of 'this is really hard to clean' getting louder and more frequent. [emoji1]

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                In the three years of being with Mrs Lao, the only recurring argument, I mean discussion, is on wine glasses. We have about two dozen. Most are shit and we have no more than two of the same.

Every time I suggest to buy new glasses it's shot down as we have loads and sure there is only two of us living here. Think it's time to do what I do with wine and just turn up with a dozen of them unannounced for her to find under the stairs after a month or two.

Also may be time to buy some brushes as my previous method for cleaning this (basically leave it to herself to clean) isn't working as well of late with the chorus of 'this is really hard to clean' getting louder and more frequent. [emoji1]

Ah stop

Comment

I have one like that. We use it as a flower pot.

Missed me bus ffs.

Comment

SPOILER

Riedel do a set of stainless steel cleaning pellets. You just pour them in with water, and swirl them around. I've never tried them though
                                                                                                    SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                      Ah stop
                                                                                                      Stop what?

Comment

Stop what?
                                                                                                        You owe us about four years worth of top 20 songs lists.

Comment

You owe us about four years worth of top 20 songs lists.
                                                                                                          I thought last year was the only year I didn't post them? Put them on Facebook but didn't get around to here. This year's long list is almost finished, just need to whittle it down to 20 now

Comment

I thought last year was the only year I didn't post them? Put them on Facebook but didn't get around to here. This year's long list is almost finished, just need to whittle it down to 20 now
                                                                                                            Ah I'm half jarred, it seems like a long time. Copy and paste last year's if you can find it easily in the mean time.

Comment

Ah I'm half jarred, it seems like a long time. Copy and paste last year's if you can find it easily in the mean time.
                                                                                                              2015 Top 20

20) The 1975 – Love Me
                                                                                                              19) Sufjan Stevens - Fourth of July
                                                                                                              18) Chrvches – Leave a Trace
                                                                                                              17) Santigold – Can't Get Enough of Myself
                                                                                                              16) Blur – Lonesome Street
                                                                                                              15) Villagers – Memoir
                                                                                                              14) Hot Chip - Huarache Lights
                                                                                                              13) New Order – Tutti Frutti
                                                                                                              12) John Grant – Down Here
                                                                                                              11) Ham Sandwich – In Perfect Rhymes
                                                                                                              10) Roisin Murphy – Evil Eyes
                                                                                                              9) Jape - Seance of Light
                                                                                                              8) El Vy – Return to the Moon
                                                                                                              7) Jamie xx – Loud Places
                                                                                                              6) Le Galaxie – Love System
                                                                                                              5) Foals – What went down
                                                                                                              4) All Twins – Darkest ocean
                                                                                                              3) Tame Impala – Let It Happen
                                                                                                              2) Formation – All the rest is noise
                                                                                                              1) Ghostpoet – X marks the spot

Comment

Presented without comment:

Comment

Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 14-12-16, 00:55.

Comment

Thats my mate Ronan Kealy. Doing pretty well. Sold out a small gig down here and was a cracking night. His brother is the Kerry goalkeeper Brendan. Shall pass on the compliment
                                                                                                                    Dobby, that's great. Tis not often your feedback gets to the horses mouth. There were four acts on tonight, a genius flamenco player, an acoustic ringer for Tommy Emmanuel, an electric blues rock band and your mate.

Your mate blew me away.

Comment

Junior Brother, Junior Senior. Both class really when you think about it

iTunes: http://goo.gl/3pMc14Spotify: http://spoti.fi/tdIbMQ Bandcamp: http://bit.ly/2btAq4QThe official music video made by Shynola."Move Your Feet" is taken...
                                                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                        That's a Riedel isn't it. I like that one. Kinda of imagine it rolling around the table for you.
                                                                                                                        I like the Mamba one. Similar price bracket I'd guess. Seen a special edition one down at Penfolds in their private tastign room. Only $3,000. That's next level wine-wankery.

Sort of like these;
                                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                                        It is a Riedel. The base is flat so no rolling around (apart from those consuming). No idea what they cost, was a leaving present from old work - clearly they knew me well.

Comment

Almost all of the wine glasses I've bought are been given are shit. Bought these last Christmas and never use any others anymore:

I also have tons of nice champagne flutes which are virtually never used.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 14-12-16, 09:40.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X