This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    No-one knows real fear like we know real fear. Keep strong partner. Gatorade and pain killers might work but nothing reàlly works.
    Shall be no Gatorade, no pain killers. Two bottles of water from dealz and soldier on.

I'm gonna presume it's customer complaints all day. Wonderful.
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

Lovely quiet office. 9 am and there wasn't a single other light on in the place.

Comment

Fuck it tomorrow's Wednesday and there's football on the telly the next two nights.
        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
          Lovely quiet office. 9 am and there wasn't a single other light on in the place.
          Went for a MRI (nothing urgent, just decided I would find out the facts about my back) in Smithfield at 8.10 - after 50 minutes they decided 'de macheey-un isn't working' so I fucked off.

Beautiful walk down the quays to compensate. Early morning definitely the best time to enjoy Dublin junkie-free.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

An hour in. Like I was never fucking gone. Off for poached eggs now

Found a natural energy drink yoke in Holland and Barrett obv worded miracles
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

Team meeting is cancelled thank fuck so can now get on with crying into my keyboard instead of pretending to be delighted to be taking on project work.

If I wasn't still sweating out the end of 2016 celebrations this would be the greatest possible news - it has however dragged me from depressed up to meh about today which is a positive step.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                Went for a MRI (nothing urgent, just decided I would find out the facts about my back) in Smithfield at 8.10 - after 50 minutes they decided 'de macheey-un isn't working' so I fucked off.

Beautiful walk down the quays to compensate. Early morning definitely the best time to enjoy Dublin junkie-free.
                Yea I used to work overnights in town when in college. Loved the walk from Grafton St to Eden Quay on a summer Sunday morning.

Todays morning coffee clearly made from beans sitting in the machine 2 weeks...not good.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                  Fuck it tomorrow's Wednesday and there's football on the telly the next two nights.
                  Big Brother starting tonight, and Irish Strictly Come Dancing at the weekend.
                  Its great to be alive.

Comment

What an odd story:

A close-knit community has pulled together to raise funds for a young family with four children who lost their only savings just days after Christmas.

Dad-of-four Liam Scully (30) was panic-stricken to discover he had dropped a wallet holding more than €2,000 after withdrawing it from the bank in Cavan Town on Friday and was devastated that he was unable to find it after retracing his steps.
                    “I work as a scaffolder up in Dublin and I called into the bank to take out our money for the month which is what we usually do," he told Independent.ie.

"It wasn’t until I got home that I pulled my phone out of my pocket and realised that the wallet wasn’t there. I was nearly in tears pulling apart the car looking for it. We usually have a bit of savings but after Christmas and Santy we just didn't.
                    “I drove back into town, retracing my steps. I was on my knees looking under cars in the car park, retracing my steps from the car to the bank… there was just about 200 yards between them. I came home then and my five-year-old said his Mammy was crying, it was horrible,” he said.

Liam’s wife Laura took to Facebook to ask her friends to keep an eye out for the missing wallet, which contained the family’s savings to get through January. The post was brought to the attention of local hairdresser Lorraine O’Neill, who said she couldn’t stop thinking about the young family after hearing of their misfortune.
                    “When I saw the post I just couldn’t stop thinking about them. I couldn’t get them out of my head. I knew we could do something to help them. They’re such a lovely young couple and they come from a family of hard workers and have four little boys,” said Lorraine, who owns Main Street Barbers in Cavan Town.

Lorraine decided to raffle off two GHD hair straighteners and was astonished at the generosity of her customers and local people who raised €2000 to help the couple within six hours.
                    “Cavan is just a town of great people and there is such good will around, it was fantastic how we all pulled together. We actually raised €3370 so we are thinking we might do something for the town like get a nice bench with the rest of the money,” said Lorraine.

Although Liam believes that his wallet was picked up by a passerby, he says the experience has given his family a much greater gift than just money.
                    “My wallet had my driver’s licence and SAFE pass in it so whoever did pick it up would know that I wasn’t hard to find. But the experience has showed us what a fantastic community we live in.”

“It’s given us a lot more than money. I get a bit emotional thinking about it. They say God sends angels every now and then so you know they exist and Lorraine is definitely one and another lady Fiona Corby. We couldn’t believe it. You think that we live in a cynical world where nobody cares about their neighbours, but the people of Cavan really proved that that’s not the case,” he said.
                    The dad said he will keep the list of the people who helped the young family to show his children when they grow up.

"We will always remember it."

Comment

its a 1/2 shot he has done the loots in the bookies and made up some shaggy dog story to the wife.Prob shitting it now with all the coverage.

Comment

Merry Christmas you stupid old savings and loan
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Feel kinda ready to rock and roll and get stuff done for the year now. Rather boldly invited myself to give a talk in number one job target uni at end of Jan. Felt needed to make some sort of move as my raw stats might have me struggling against the newer crop of hyper-efficient profs. The original plan was some impactful Irish Times articles to show a public policy aspect that profs who sit in a dark office doing maths don't have but then remembered most of my tweets are about insulting that paper. Didn't think that through. Pondering proposing an article to the Financial Times, which might work givin the international reps that brings. Just the minor task of working out an Irish aspect worth talking about. Hmm rambling a bit here.
                            It's incredible how much kudos an article in the FT gets. One of our guys was quoted in the FT and we were hearing about it for a month from clients/prospects.

Given the forthcoming French elections, Irish state struggles post Brexit and the impact this might all have on financial choices by Irish peeps and potential UK economic refugees there's surely a few interesting angles to explore. You might say you're uniquely qualified to comment!!
                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                              I am 90%certain i want to go to Malta this July for my holidays.

Flights are very reasonable from Dublin.

Which areas would be the best for a relaxing week ? St Julians, St paul's bay, Mellieha ?

This place is around 1k for the week with a car thrown in. Middle of nowhere ?
                              It depends on what you are looking for. The driving is pretty mental here, I haven't attempted it yet. I know a friend who stayed in Mellieha and if it is a beach holiday you are looking for then that direction would be the best.

Avoid Buggiba, bit of a dump really and not much there. There is only 2 beaches here that aren't rocky where we are which is just outside of ST Julian's. But I actually like the rock rather than the sand as I hate it getting into everywhere.

If you want to go to Valletta etc you need either a car or a bus card you get about as you are far from most places. That is if you are in Mellieha. You will be close to the Popeye Village where you would be, it's a brilliant place to go and we would def go back. They are meant to be building another waterpark up that way. The main one is beside us. They are great as well for the family.

There is also the national aquarium up that neck of the woods which is ok for a visit. You can usually find deals for these places online as well.

If there is anything else you want to know pop me a message here or on FB. Spent a summer relaxing in 2016

Comment

If looks could kill

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                  I am 90%certain i want to go to Malta this July for my holidays.

Flights are very reasonable from Dublin.

Which areas would be the best for a relaxing week ? St Julians, St paul's bay, Mellieha ?

This place is around 1k for the week with a car thrown in. Middle of nowhere ?
                                  Nothing wrong with middle of nowhere once you have a car. St Julians main area but more touristy, maybe less relaxing and more expensive. St Pauls Bay would be your typical family tourist spot in the med.

Comment

Feel kinda ready to rock and roll and get stuff done for the year now. Rather boldly invited myself to give a talk in number one job target uni at end of Jan. Felt needed to make some sort of move as my raw stats might have me struggling against the newer crop of hyper-efficient profs. The original plan was some impactful Irish Times articles to show a public policy aspect that profs who sit in a dark office doing maths don't have but then remembered most of my tweets are about insulting that paper. Didn't think that through. Pondering proposing an article to the Financial Times, which might work givin the international reps that brings. Just the minor task of working out an Irish aspect worth talking about. Hmm rambling a bit here.
                                    Surely the Irish Times wouldn't hold a grudge if it is well written - the amount of crap that makes it through to puff up the pages is pretty disappointing.

I would imagine the FT would be a big step up however so would try them first and if they pass throw it to the IT instead to get some use out of it.

Comment

Thinking of taking three weeks off in April/May and heading somewhere solo. Is SE Asia a place you can do on your tobler?

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                        It's incredible how much kudos an article in the FT gets. One of our guys was quoted in the FT and we were hearing about it for a month from clients/prospects.

Given the forthcoming French elections, Irish state struggles post Brexit and the impact this might all have on financial choices by Irish peeps and potential UK economic refugees there's surely a few interesting angles to explore. You might say you're uniquely qualified to comment!!
                                        I am sure the biggest struggle will be if Brexit starts to mess with CAP as the EU starts to shake apart - well by biggest struggle I mean the struggle that is most likely to cause problems in the Dail and be guaranteed inches for any Irish paper not that it will actually be the biggest loss for the Irish economy or people as a whole.

Not exactly sure what Hitch was writing up to do with pig prices but if you can use that research with an ominous graph with a huge drop when Brexit hits (since nobody knows what will happen you can just presume the drop to zero) you could be looking at the next David McWilliams.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                          Thinking of taking three weeks off in April/May and heading somewhere solo. Is SE Asia a place you can do on your tobler?
                                          Absolutely its full of solo travellers backpackers not tinkers.
                                          Easy to get around all the touristy areas speak English.

Comment

Comment

Comment

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Imaginosity is the willy wonka chocolate factory of our time. Every fucking Augustus glump barging their way in to the toys. Thankfully my fellow is Charlie

Comment

Quick response appreciated as wife isn't here. I've a massage in 15 mins for first in about 10 years. Do I rock into the room in my boxers?
                                                    You are a very strange man. Are you going to a massage place or having someone call to you?

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                      Nothing wrong with middle of nowhere once you have a car. St Julians main area but more touristy, maybe less relaxing and more expensive. St Pauls Bay would be your typical family tourist spot in the med.
                                                      I thought he was asking if the place in Mellehia was in the middle of nowhere?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                        You are a very strange man. Are you going to a massage place or having someone call to you?
                                                        What bit is strange? going for a massage? fancy getting a proper back/neck one done once the brats little angels fo back to school!

Although I doubt I will be needing to whack off to avoid embaressing situations

Comment

Washington post have had to retract their story about Russia hacking into the us power grid in Vermont,haven't seen any of the "fake news" moaners banging on about it though,wonder why?
                                                          Obama making a show of himself the past few weeks

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                            What bit is strange? going for a massage?
                                                            They're great. I get one once a week. I have muscle stiffness as a result of IBS. The strange bit is Hitch not being able to figure out at what point he gets undressed.

Comment

Comment

Oh I didn't make it clear then. I meant are boxers acceptable to wear while there, or are you meant to wear something else. It was just the extent of undress I was unclear on. As agreed strange as I might be I wasn't planning to parade down the street in my underpants.
                                                                They'll give you a towel to cover your bits m8. If there's no towel, you're in the wrong kind of place and shouldn't have had that wank earlier.

Comment

Any IPBers know Clondalkin well? I'm looking at gaffs. I know there are good parts and bad parts, but have no idea which is which. It's a big place.

Comment

Any IPBers know Clondalkin well? I'm looking at gaffs. I know there are good parts and bad parts, but have no idea which is which. It's a big place.
                                                                    I don't but ask Alan, he bought his house there last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                      I don't but ask Alan, he bought his house there last year.
                                                                      Good call. I was in this house, should have thought of that!

Comment

Fire away if you like. Generally in and around the village is nice, the further you move out it gets less nice but lot of decent places

Comment

I know there was talk of beds here before. Looking for a new king-size with a firm mattress.

Where do I go?
                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I know there was talk of beds here before. Looking for a new king-size with a firm mattress.

Where do I go?
                                                                            Mattress Mick surely.

Comment

Where do I go?
                                                                              We got a new mattress in the furniture liquidator in santry. Staff were very helpful. They also do beds

Last edited by elbows; 03-01-17, 17:05.
                                                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                Fire away if you like. Generally in and around the village is nice, the further you move out it gets less nice but lot of decent places
                                                                                Cheers. If you could just rate each of these based on the probability of my bike being robbed:

Comment

Where do I go?
                                                                                  Harvey ftw. Great selection.

Comment

Cheers. If you could just rate each of these based on the probability of my bike being robbed:

http://www.daft.ie/dublin-city/house...5D=2&offset=10
                                                                                    100%

Comment

...

Comment

Also need goose down pillow and duvet and 400 count linen for the hotel feeling every night. Great investment imo.

Comment

One of them is across the road from the gf's mams gaf which is nice estate. I'll drop you a pm when I get on a comp.

Comment

Caught Scorsese's Silence earlier, a rare miss from him I thought. Utterly grim and probably the weakest cast he's ever assembled.
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                They should make all new years resolutions 27 mins long.
                                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Early days yet, but RTÉ setting out their stall early for headline of the year here....

Daughter Fiona feared Brendan O'Carroll would burn out

edit, staunch competition above.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                    Whatever about the boss loving you, smurph won't for posting her age!
                                                                                                    I feel a cruise being booked in the not too distant future....

Lol
                                                                                                    Follow me in twitterland

Comment

A lot of nice ones in St John's, beside the Green Isle are rented by guards , should be grand.
                                                                                                      The 3rd one on the list was advertised at 250K, but my mate ended up buying it for 315 K.A lovely spot too. Anywhere near monastery road and the village are fine, but the furtherout you go, the rougher it gets. Avoid anywhere near Neilstown road and the shopping centres.

Comment

Arsenal's season

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                            Arsenal's season

3:2 now and bournmouth down to 10 men...its on

Comment

Stream here: http://www.streamtoday.us/p/live_3.html

Comment

Nicely done
                                                                                                                Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                                3:2 now and bournmouth down to 10 men...its on
                                                                                                                That BBV course thing is great

Comment

Good finish to the palace game as well, two goals since I switched it on

Comment

For any fans of Don't hug me I'm scared, this is cool...

Need More Theories? Subscribe! ►► http://bit.ly/1dI8VBHDon't Hug Me I'm Scared DECODED! ►► http://bit.ly/FTDHMIS Is Daenerys Going MAD in GoT? ►► http://bit....
                                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                                                                                      A lot of nice ones in St John's, beside the Green Isle are rented by guards , should be grand.
                                                                                                                      The 3rd one on the list was advertised at 250K, but my mate ended up buying it for 315 K.A lovely spot too. Anywhere near monastery road and the village are fine, but the furtherout you go, the rougher it gets. Avoid anywhere near Neilstown road and the shopping centres.
                                                                                                                      65k over the asking price? Does it come with free hookers?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X