This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
    Declan lynch delivering today, some good lines here re the rugby world cup and doping
    http://m.independent.ie/opinion/colu...-31522552.html
    Jesus that guy has quite the chip on the shoulder. Leaving aside the doping, some amount of nonsense stereotypes trotted out in those few paragraphs along with ridic claims - apparently rugby caused the economic crash and Ireland supporters won't really care whether they win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      Do you have to book every time or can you just pop in now you know the details?
      I'd say you'd probably have to book because there aren't that many tables and they do food also. Food menu seemed pretty crap so we just went with the booze.

Comment

Anthony Robbins coming to Ireland in January for the pendulum summit, €445 for an early bird Premium ticket might seem a bit steep but then he has created a " 5 hour masterclass that will truly transform your life"
        I'm sure SatNav will be all over that.

Comment

Gers Deli, it's amazing
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
            Lol. I'd say if you took him for a steak dinner he might tell you something but given the internet snipers looking to cost him his job or to try and tear him down he's hardly going to post anything online on the subject.

Would you in his situation CHD?

We thought we had a quiet little corner of the web here but we clearly don't so that has to be a censor of our comments. It's disappointing as I'd love to know the story behind it all. Despite being a good friend of GAB I haven't asked him for a single detail. I can read between the lines and I leave it at that. Id also love to post some career stuff that I have going on myself as it would give people a laugh but you just cant as this place is too widely read and things boomerang back on you.
            I wouldn't expect him to say much but I also wouldn't expect him to be as stupid as he was considering the positions he has held so I had to ask.

Probably worse that people are trying to cost him his job but he only has himself to blame tbf.

Congrats on your new arrival m8

Comment

Probably posted before, I'd seen it knocking around social media over the last few days but only watched it now.
              This is superbly well done
              so that I can continue to make quality mashups in good condition here is my patreon for a donation https://www.patreon.com/user?u=22802159&fan_landing=true N...
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                I wouldn't expect him to say much but I also wouldn't expect him to be as stupid as he was considering the positions he has held so I had to ask.

Probably worse that people are trying to cost him his job but he only has himself to blame tbf.

Congrats on your new arrival m8
                You've been very quiet this weekend m8. I wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                  You've been very quiet this weekend m8. I wonder why?
                  Busy and drinking m8. I didn't even watch Chelsea.

Comment

KDL division 1A update for anyone that gives a shite.

Another local derby today against Killarney Athletic B. We won 2-0. I got 1 and played 80 mins. Great start to the season now beating two big rivals, 2 clean sheets and top of the league. Needless to say our defence and goalkeeper have been top notch so far.

Comment

Bandwagoner. Any craic out there?

Comment

Women's sport shouldn't be shown on telly. This camogie match is awful. I'd do better myself and I've almost never held a hurl in my life.

The only reason I'm even half watching it is that I'm at my parents house.

Comment

Lots of canvassers this weekend.

Averil Power (who I may have mentioned previously as a geebag of the highest order) just called. I told I wouldn't be voting for her and she looked crushed. Get used to it love.
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Do you reckon Jose is looking to get out?

Also, thoughts re. his daughter's dress sense.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                              Bandwagoner. Any craic out there?
                              Darts, Darts and more Darts.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              Do you reckon Jose is looking to get out?

Also, thoughts re. his daughter's dress sense.
                              Nah, he's just too stubborn to drop underperforming players. Ivanovic, Fabregas, Terry, Costa, Hazard have all be utter shite. A decent performance mid week then back to winning ways hopefully. If not he could be gone soon.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                Women's sport shouldn't be shown on telly. This camogie match is awful. I'd do better myself and I've almost never held a hurl in my life.

The only reason I'm even half watching it is that I'm at my parents house.
                                I made a beautiful basketball steal from a womens team yesterday at the top of Grafton St. 6 or 7 of them were wearing Ireland track suits and killing time idly passing the ball from one to the other when suddenly i stole in on the blind side to snatch the ball out of a girls hand just after she received it before swerving by another one and making as if i was going to career away before swivelling and passing it back. They got a good laugh out of it.
                                This was after 3-4 pints. So to think if i can do this against a womens national team with 3-4 pints what could i do without drink.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                  Id also love to post some career stuff that I have going on myself as it would give people a laugh but you just cant as this place is too widely read and things boomerang back on you.
                                  +1

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                                    Big day in The Curragh today for GAB.

Hopefully Now or Never does the business for them, though it looks like a very strong race as you'd expect.

Whatever happened with the Hastings saga Noel has contributed so much joy to racing fans around here.
                                    Got a nice writeup in the ST as well. If I didn't know better, I'd say someone with a keen understanding of PR was involved.

Comment

Was a bit disappointed with the film Legend, thought it looked awesome in the trailer. Something a bit off about it that I couldn't quite put my finger on, the pacing felt a bit amatuery, the scenes were they were together on screen look very fake, I'd have thought with modern technology they'd have pulled that off better. Hardy is good though, particularly his Ron, provided a good bit of comic relief. Not bad but didn't live up to high expectations, 6.5/10.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                        Lots of canvassers this weekend.

Averil Power (who I may have mentioned previously as a geebag of the highest order) just called. I told I wouldn't be voting for her and she looked crushed. Get used to it love.
                                        More details plz

Comment

More details plz
                                          None required. Self-evident to anyone who's ever listened to her.

Comment

Yo DP etc now I've got the OnePlus Two I'm going to sell the One you heard/seen anything on how much they're selling for at the moment?
                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Paul Dunne picks up a half point which wins the Walker Cup.

Could've been some year for him!

Comment

Misclicked ketchup instead of garlic sauce with my chipper. Pretty damn inconsolable right now.
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                    Could've been some year for him!
                                                    It was.
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      It was.
                                                      some + some > some

Comment

Seems I have sort of accidentally purchased sky sports in my UPC account earlier when was trying to find out how much it was. I take it there is no red zone on UPC?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                          Seems I have sort of accidentally purchased sky sports in my UPC account earlier when was trying to find out how much it was. I take it there is no red zone on UPC?
                                                          Not sure if it works on upc, but on skygo if you scroll down to sky sports extra, redzone is on there.
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                            Not sure if it works on upc, but on skygo if you scroll down to sky sports extra, redzone is on there.
                                                            Cheers, will see if can do that.

Also just realised Bears are at home, placed a bet earlier on Packers - 6.5 cos on Boyles site it lists it as Bears V Packers!!! Don't they realise how the nfl works

Comment

Live NFL on pick TV which I think is some free to air hobby?
                                                              Green Bay vs Chicago with highlights of scoring plays as they happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                She was renowned as such in her Trinners for Winners years. Heard about her well before she entered big-politics as someone dodge.

Having said that she does seem to have mellowed a bit in recent years. Kinda suspect that's to suit her rather liberal constituency though.
                                                                mildly hilarious that, despite being married to the main political corr of the Indo, she still couldn't get a FF nomination

that rather speaks volumes you would have to say

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                  Live NFL on pick TV which I think is some free to air hobby?
                                                                  Green Bay vs Chicago with highlights of scoring plays as they happen.
                                                                  Huh...its actually the sky broadcast.
                                                                  That's odd

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                    Yo DP etc now I've got the OnePlus Two I'm going to sell the One you heard/seen anything on how much they're selling for at the moment?
                                                                    Just went to fire it up there and realise it's a nano sim & my old sim is micro make sure to pick up a new one tomorrow DP.
                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                      Huh...its actually the sky broadcast.
                                                                      That's odd
                                                                      Tis a Sky channel. They use it to stick crap on and the odd FTA sports.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                        Just went to fire it up there and realise it's a nano sim & my old sim is micro make sure to pick up a new one tomorrow DP.
                                                                        Sound dude thanks

Comment

Also just realised Bears are at home, placed a bet earlier on Packers - 6.5 cos on Boyles site it lists it as Bears V Packers!!! Don't they realise how the nfl works
                                                                          They will cover that spread anyway hopefully!
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

In case you want to load up redzone on another device http://firstrowusa.eu/football/first...dzone-usaec608

Comment

Good old reliable Cutler even if his knee was down

Comment

Seems I have sort of accidentally purchased sky sports in my UPC account earlier when was trying to find out how much it was.
                                                                                I tell my wife shit like that all the time aswell. They rarely buy it dude.

Comment

Good old reliable Cutler even if his knee was down
                                                                                  BOOM! Nice catch.

Comment

US Open final should be epic tonight, they were both crazy good in their Semi Finals, best Feds played in a good few years.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Heard the Wolf of Wall Street gig was even worse than expected. After the early reg he didn't turn up til 3.30, ran through it as quickly as possible and was out the door. At some stage the attendees of those events should realise the easy path to success is running seminars.
                                                                                      They rang my GF during the week for some weird reason to make sure she got the tickets and told her you didn't have to be there for 8am to reg. As such, we rocked up to the RDS at about 9:15 just as JT Foxx had started his pitch

He was a complete crock of shit. He went on for about 90 minutes telling everyone that he is the worlds # 1 wealth coach and how he could do one of two things

1) Hand you a business idea that would be a success or
                                                                                      2) Make your current business a huge success

He had loads of celebrity / millionaire / billionaire endorsements (all of which I'm pretty sure he paid for)

His whole thing was like one giant pyramid scheme. And then came the details of the sell, what he had spent the previous 90 minutes building up to

His programme to success normally cost EUR€3,000 and 10 lucky people could buy the bonus pack (which included a one on one session with him) for EUR€30,000 but wait, because it was Dublin and because it was his first time here, he was giving two special prices of €1250 and €3000 respectively.

I was shocked that roughly 50-80 people went up to buy the programmes, like complete and utter shock!

We then had a 15 minute break

Second speaker was awful, Peng Joon, who was an internet marketer. He was not a good speaker and he was full of crap. He was playing the "I'm not a tech guy but I run an online business empire so anybody can do it" card. He tried to say it was only his third day using a mac, that he was struggling to find some of the functions on it, really hamming up the non techie persona and then proceeded to show a short video of him spending 30 days in the USA where he was using a mac every single day

I lasted about 15 minutes into his 90 minutes talk and said, fuck this and headed to Roly's for a long lunch. Apparently, he tried to sell his three day special intensive course for €2317, presume it was an odd figure due to the R/E between SGD and EUR used

We had asked the customer service team when Jordan was on but they couldn't tell us as there was no formal agenda but we heard a rumor he would be there for 2:25

We got back from lunch just after 2 o'clock and at 2:25 on the dot, the MC Harry Singha got up on stage and said Jordan was in the building and would be on soon. He said he was not there to sell anything to us and then proceeded to spend the next 40 minutes trying to sell a 3 day seminar in London with Tony Robbins that, guess what, normally cost £1500 but today for Dublin, would be £625. We also saw a video of Oprah walking over burning coals because Tony helped her do it. I had to struggle to keep my wallet in my pocket But Harry wasn't selling this course to us as he had nothing to do with it and wasn't getting any commission out of it or anything. He was just, you know, telling us about it.

He then went off stage and came back a few minutes later to hype the crowd up for Jordan's arrival who duly came on stage at 3:30

At this point, fatigue was setting in, two bottles of Châteauneuf-du-Pape and bed at 1:30am the night before probably wasn't the best preparation for a day long seminar

However, I was pleasantly surprised. I actually enjoyed Jordan's talk. He spoke a good bit about his life (which was interesting) He was quite open and honest. He said things like becoming rich/wealthy took a lot of hard work (whereas the other clowns before him had said it was simple and you just had to follow their program and didn't require any hard work) He spoke about how he was stupid because he had no ethics when he was younger and how he paid the price for it and urged everyone not to make the same mistakes as him

On the business side of it, it was so-so. There was a few interesting things he said that were very relevant to both your own business and also working for the man. There was some nonsense American spiel and a few bits that were over the top, but overall, I found that it was a decent 3+ hour talk

We had to leave a little early as he went over his time and we had to be somewhere else but I'm pretty sure he didn't try and sell anything (could be wrong here) If he did, he did a very short sales pitch as we were out of the RDS, collected the car down Serpentine Ave and drove back up past the RDS as droves of people were coming out so presumed it was over and we only missed about 10 minutes

I got the impression that him and the other guys were not connected at all. (Again, could be totally wrong here) That the company that set up the seminar got him in as a speaker to draw the crowds, paid him a fee and then got the other goons in as a potential money makers from gullible fools

TLDR - I thought €35 quid was a decent & fair price to listen to Jordan who overall gave a decent 3+ hour talk that was pretty interesting but the rest of it was complete and utter nonsense and I wished I had of only left the house at 3pm and done something interesting with my morning

Be interested to see what anybody else there thought of it/

iSnow - You make it in the end?

Comment

Interesting reading Lao. Ty.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                          US Open final should be epic tonight, they were both crazy good in their Semi Finals, best Feds played in a good few years.
                                                                                          This season has just added to his legend. Both class acts; great watching a final where you're delighted whoever wins. Bit more on the Fed side of course.

Comment

...

Comment

Anyone know what the joke was that David Norris sued Al Porter over? Presumably something about his pederasty defending ways?

Comment

My pal, a very serious acting economist, who I'd say has never exaggerated a single thing in his life; went on one of those coal walking things and did the walk. How exactly does that work? It's surely some form of trickery as the basic physiology of burning coal against skin just can't be turned off by 'believing'. Was surprised that he didn't notice what the trickery was though and was genuinely under the impression he had walked across burning coal.
                                                                                                Wiki entry is really disappointing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firewalking
                                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Uh oh, Germans spoiling all the feel good fun and closing their borders again as they are being overwhelmed.
                                                                                                  Pretty annoyed at Charlie Flanagan bailing out all the spoofers who pledged a room to a refugee? Would have been interesting to see what percentage of the 7000 actually followed through.

Comment

Bears Packers is always a great game!
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                      Bears Packers is always a great game!
                                                                                                      Certainly delivering tonight

Comment

Uh oh, Germans spoiling all the feel good fun and closing their borders again as they are being overwhelmed.
                                                                                                        Pretty annoyed at Charlie Flanagan bailing out all the spoofers who pledged a room to a refugee? Would have been interesting to see what percentage of the 7000 actually followed through.
                                                                                                        Still can't believe the Saudis are getting a walk here

Comment

Rams Seahawks 24 a piece with 4 minutes left

Comment

Any ideas on blagging a free/cheap pass for the web summit?

I'm not going to fork out at those rates on my own dime and my boss is not for fooling.

Comment

Lol. And the Rams QB gets sacked and fumbles on his own 10 yard line for a seahawks TD. Nice to ee the BBV curse works across the atlantic too.

Comment

...

Comment

It really is! What an incredibly boring treatment of the topic
                                                                                                                  Though it does look like there's no trickery involved. Just don't stop halfway through to take a selfie
                                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Cutler is so bad. Clay Matthews is the man
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Nice TD by the Rams. Tie it up with 53 left

Comment

And that's surely the spread covered for ghostface

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X