This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
    It's fine now, but it was down for a few mins earlier.
    Must take a little longer to travel here. Just crashed.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
      Maradona > Messi
      Madonna > Lady ga ga
      Cidona > Top deck
      My Sharona > She used to be mine
      Liga> Rusks

I refuse to budge.
      What is top deck and she used to be mine?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
        What is top deck ?
        Don't remember that one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Deck_(drink)

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

What is top deck and she used to be mine?
          ah well spotted. My best friends girl friend. On 2nd thought though I was wrong

my best friends girl > my Sharona (I think, urmm feck it's a draw )

Although much was made of their sense of new wave cool during their heyday, the real reason that the Cars' recorded work holds up so well is that it is built...

Comment

Hmmm, remarkably if you play the above tune on youtube the very next tune that comes up automatically is My Sharona.. Mad conincidence

Comment

l]
              I didn't spot anything. I was genuinely asking. I'd never heard of my best friends girl until now either that top deck looks like shite though.

Comment

I didn't spot anything. I was genuinely asking. I'd never heard of my best friends girl until now either that top deck looks like shite though.
                Seria a shite or Premier leage shite. ?

Was gross all right but the top deck people just wouldn't agree. Cidona knocks it out of the park imo To me Cidona was La Liga and Top Deck was Seria A. Then somebody walked on the moon and soon the world forgot about the battle of the soda shandys but not me DOBBY not me.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkSmLh2Hbi0
                  Really surprised that's as old as 1978. Would have sworn it was early 80's, from the same summer as the abrakebabra song

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

One more

Stress

Changing a duvet cover > driving a wagonload of nitroglycerin down the mountainside though bandito territory in Mexico on payday.

Comment

One more

Stress

Changing a duvet cover > driving a wagonload of nitroglycerin down the mountainside though bandito territory in Mexico on payday.
                      Im the worst when it comes to housework but duvet covers are a breeze - have it inside out, arms through the middle, grab the corners of the duvet and flip it over. Twenty second job.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        You seem to be making the better points overall, but your argumentative style is letting you down.
                        This made me laugh. You argue like a teenage girl
                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

One more

Stress

Use the inside out method.

Turn duvet cover inside out, go in from the front and find the 2 furthest corners, grab duvet with same hands and shake inside out.

edit:im late to the domestic goddess sleepover party it seems.
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                            Im the worst when it comes to housework but duvet covers are a breeze - have it inside out, arms through the middle, grab the corners of the duvet and flip it over. Twenty second job.
                            The missus does that but refuses to let me film it so I can study and learn. I got stuck inside it last time but luckily I had the wherewithal to bring my phone in there with me and was able to call for help.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              also falls down on passive-aggressive tone here
                              Wasn't passive aggressive. Was light-hearted.

Comment

You seem to be making the better points overall, but your argumentative style is letting you down. Quote 2 here copies the same argument style as quote 1. And in each case your 'didn't realise' is just way too extravagant. Quote 3 is some sort of argument by absurdity that doesn't work. Yet while you start with these dodgy argumentative tics, when you get into your actual argument your are able to make it quite convincingly using appropriate claims to authority, data.

Make of this what you will.
                                Third quote there is satirising the logic that has befallen some of the debaters. Deliberately exaggerating. First two are admittedly somewhat antagonistic I guess, but it's not a serious debate really and not trying to get into some CHD vs iSnow battle of the crazies war or anything.

Comment

For the last 24 hours in here, the duvet changing conversation was by far the most interesting.

Hitch fleetingly broke the boredom though with his confined space stone post.
                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I am the King of Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                      I am the King of Crazy.
                                      I think Solskjaer is doing his best to take that title. Except his crazy seems to make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                        For the last 24 hours in here, the duvet changing conversation was by far the most interesting.
                                        Agreed.

I am one of those that really stuggled with the duvet changing.

Am looking forward to trying out the new method. Can't believe that there was a method and that I never knew about it.
                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Am Drunk, Was last day of game fishing season and a few drinks taken. Was a beautiful day. Have to wait till 1st March 2016 till next season. This is last photo I took. [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Darcy article yesterday was just pandering to the popular opinion of the masses. The fact that he dresses it up with technical language and some tactical discussion and is widely acclaimed for it says alot more for the standard of rugby writing in the media rather than his own writing talent. Use a few terms that would be common place amongst any AIL 2B coaching session and you're proclaimed at the new messiah. Disappointed as found his earlier articles really interesting but this just felt like cheap clickbait.

Pretty hard to say definitively that Burgess is at fault when (I presume) Darcy is not 100% on the English defensive strategy. Could equally blame Barritt and Farrell for the same moments he highlights if they're employing a different strategy.

The whole Burgess media storm is really off-putting as deep down it's all built on a hatred of rugby league and his background. People want him to fail as it shouldn't be seen as "possible" to get up to international standard in this space of time, and Union supporters don't want to acknowledge that rugby league players could possibly appreciate the nuances of the game (despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary). It's all a bit class warfare too when you read people comparing his education with Jamie Roberts as why he can't pick up the game.

Annoying that the only person to blame Lancaster has had such a convenient and popular scapegoat all week. Burgess cast as the Balotelli to Lancaster's Brendan Rodgers perfectly.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                This is last photo I took.
                                                Is that you Fredo?

Nice couple of days for it alright.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                  Darcy article yesterday was just pandering to the popular opinion of the masses. The fact that he dresses it up with technical language and some tactical discussion and is widely acclaimed for it says alot more for the standard of rugby writing in the media rather than his own writing talent. Use a few terms that would be common place amongst any AIL 2B coaching session and you're proclaimed at the new messiah. Disappointed as found his earlier articles really interesting but this just felt like cheap clickbait.

Pretty hard to say definitively that Burgess is at fault when (I presume) Darcy is not 100% on the English defensive strategy. Could equally blame Barritt and Farrell for the same moments he highlights if they're employing a different strategy.

The whole Burgess media storm is really off-putting as deep down it's all built on a hatred of rugby league and his background. People want him to fail as it shouldn't be seen as "possible" to get up to international standard in this space of time, and Union supporters don't want to acknowledge that rugby league players could possibly appreciate the nuances of the game (despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary). It's all a bit class warfare too when you read people comparing his education with Jamie Roberts as why he can't pick up the game.

Annoying that the only person to blame Lancaster has had such a convenient and popular scapegoat all week. Burgess cast as the Balotelli to Lancaster's Brendan Rodgers perfectly.
                                                  You will of course note that he blamed Lancaster for it all...

The quote I posted suggests it
                                                  Originally posted by D'Arcy's Article
                                                  By then the Burgess experiment had been abandoned because the England coaching team accepted, long after everyone else, that he had no idea what was happening around him.
                                                  Heck he even gives Burgess a full pass!
                                                  It’s simply not possible for him to be ready.
                                                  And tells us the villain of the piece
                                                  Stuart Lancaster picked a league convert who doesn’t know how to play inside centre for the biggest match England have played since the 2007 World Cup final.
                                                  whilst dumping Barritt in it too!
                                                  Barritt was arguably worse and badly exposed for the Gareth Davies try.
                                                  70 mins: Barritt sells everyone up the river by incorrectly reading the play.
                                                  Doesn't really read like you're suggesting it does! And it's kind of lazy to just write off the article as Burgess/League hating. I had to read the name a few times as I thought it might be one of those classic "Anti - 'Anti-British-Sentiment' " posts that The Situation loves making.

D'Arcy's point is clear. Trying to facilitate a player learning on the job at the top level in a RWC game sounds bonkers, and it was borne out. It caused them to have to move Barritt out of position, where he stank up some of the important roles there too.
                                                  The Burgess gamble wasn’t calculated. Burrell had proved he can do what they hoped Burgess would do.
                                                  Importantly, they didn't need to do any of it. They chose to.

Also, for a complete contradiction of my post, and a complete backing up of yours, see here http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...ectid=11522152
                                                  Last edited by Emmet; 01-10-15, 07:45.

Comment

Thanks, I guess.
                                                    I'm only kidding. Just miss our Twitter spats I suppose. Like CHD v iSnow except with facts and cited references

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                      I'm only kidding. Just miss our Twitter spats I suppose. Like CHD v iSnow except with facts and cited references
                                                      And the craziness more subtly concealed.
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Anyone watched Wolfhall? BBC mini series got good reviews. Honda?

Comment

This made me laugh. You argue like a teenage girl
                                                          SO DOES YOUR FACE
                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

And the craziness more subtly concealed.
                                                            It's a better brand of crazy

Comment

It's a better brand of crazy
                                                              It bubbles to the surface occasionally!
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                It's excellent, might not be for everyone. Could be a bit slow or hard to follow if you are not familiar with the books and the approach she is taking to the history.
                                                                10/10 IMO.
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

It bubbles to the surface occasionally!
                                                                  Usually in the form of off suited 5 gappers

Comment

The missus does that but refuses to let me film it so I can study and learn. I got stuck inside it last time but luckily I had the wherewithal to bring my phone in there with me and was able to call for help.
                                                                    I had a mate who was telling me this story recently. He booked into an airbnb place down the country somewhere with his missus. It was a cottage type thing with an attic conversion as an upstairs bedroom. In the middle of the night he woke and could hear this unnerving sound in the bedroom. He said his first instinct was just to ignore it and try continue sleeping but eventually she woke up and started prodding him to wake up. He turned on a bedside lamp and a bat was swooping around the room. He dived under the covers. What do you do in this situation?

SPOILER
                                                                    He started googling on his phone how to remove a bat from a room

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                      Never heard of it, looks like it could be worth a spin
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                        . He turned on a bedside lamp and a bat was swooping around the room. He dived under the covers. What do you do in this situation?
                                                                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                          What do you do in this situation?

SPOILER
                                                                          He started googling on his phone how to remove a bat from a room

Opr
                                                                          Open the window so it can get out.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                            Also, for a complete contradiction of my post, and a complete backing up of yours, see here http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...ectid=11522152
                                                                            LOL these lads don't hold back

Originally posted by Arrogant Kiwi hack
                                                                            Former Ireland back Gordon D'Arcy is proving significantly more incisive in print than he ever was on the field. Best known for not being anywhere near as good as Brian O'Driscoll, D'Arcy's savaging of English league convert Sam Burgess in the Irish Times went around the planet in a nanosecond.

According to Mr D'Arcy, Burgess' "naivety embarrassed those around him and severely damaged England's chances of reaching the quarter-finals".

D'Arcy, of course, knows plenty about RWC quarter-finals - it being the stage where Ireland tended to exit the tournament during the 16-odd years of mediocrity that coincided with his international career.

Comment

Happy Birthday @The-Rigger. M8
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Sorry deleted. I haven't a clue what the story is just told him I'd ask. Wasn't thinking
                                                                                Last edited by Bubbleking; 01-10-15, 10:39.

Comment

And that's how we became Silk Road III.

Comment

Really BK? Take that down FFS, any place you go to do that kinda thing youll get that kinda thing.
                                                                                    Last edited by eamonhonda; 01-10-15, 10:35.
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                      Sorry deleted. I haven't a clue what the story is just told him I'd ask. Wasn't thinking
                                                                                      Just prescribe him something fun.

Comment

In the eyes of a mechanic you are basically a subhuman if you can't replace your own wiper blades. He gave you the chance to prove you were not one of those people but you failed the test. GG unlucky.
                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

From the album "Thought you were in the business of selling cars" we bring you "First world problems"

My maid is cleaning my bathroom,
                                                                                          so I can't take a shower.
                                                                                          Bought new blades for my Audi,
                                                                                          the help was a disaster.

Can't remember which car,
                                                                                          I drove to Our Conor's stall.
                                                                                          Thirteen hundred duvet,
                                                                                          he won't RIP like a neanderathal.

Sell a few accounts,
                                                                                          To feed the addiction.
                                                                                          Now Hastings won't cough up,
                                                                                          any legal ramification?

Can't book a Friday,
                                                                                          in the Vintage Kitchen.
                                                                                          Gonna give them a call,
                                                                                          the rest you can imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                            You wouldn't buy a dog and then bark yourself.

TL'DR
                                                                                            • I bought a dog
                                                                                            • It wanted me to bark on it's behalf
                                                                                            • I refused
                                                                                            • It barked
                                                                                            You wouldn't buy a pair of shoes and then demand they tie your shoelaces for you. That would be embarassing and demeaning for both you and the staff. As a society we have decided that grown men and women should be able to tie their own shoelaces and affix their own wiper blades.

It just one of those things that everyone knows but nobody talks about. Sorry you missed the memo. I try not to be too judgemental since I only found out about it last year.
                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                              move on by, just another customer service rant from the guy who gets upset at shit customer service and interaction.

Called Audi Sandyford to ask about have new wiper blades on my car. Was told, easy peasy, no need to make an appointment just pop in and we will do it for you while you wait. Arrive today, main reception send me to parts where everything starts to unravel. Having requested new blades the guy pops out back and gets them and upon returning pops two boxes containing said blades on the counter and says "there you go, that will be €54". He did so in a very, that's where this ends buddy type of time so I ask if he was going to put them on for me but he told me they were short staffed and he couldn't. I am getting into my lean forward, fix my gaze upon him stance when he says "If you pop your head into the workshop next door you might find someone to stick them in for you". Anyway the rest you can imagine from here but I told him to hold onto the blades for "safekeeping". He reversed and sorted it out but fuck me - this guy should be shown the door.

Now, who can turn this into a song?
                                                                                              Motor industry clearly has turned the corner and jobs are easy to come by again...I'm sure VW need guys like this for the monumental recall thats just about to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                You wouldn't buy a pair of shoes and then demand they tie your shoelaces for you. That would be embarassing and demeaning for both you and the staff. As a society we have decided that grown men and women should be able to tie their own shoelaces and affix their own wiper blades.

It just one of those things that everyone knows but nobody talks about. Sorry you missed the memo. I try not to be too judgemental since I only found out about it last year.
                                                                                                Ah Andy, the analogy was almost perfect.

You wouldn't buy a pair of shoelaces and ask the guy to lace your brogues.

You wouldn't download a car with no windscreen wipers either.

Comment

So aaaahhh Tar, that's a bit shitty!

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                    From the album "Thought you were in the business of selling cars" we bring you "First world problems"

I drove to Our Conor's stall.

he won't RIP like a neanderathal.
                                                                                                    Got the gist of most of that but don't get this part. Please explain!

Comment

Rugby 'legend' about to start a Q&A in my building.
                                                                                                      It'd Keith Woods.... Yay
                                                                                                      And shane jennings
                                                                                                      Last edited by DeadParrot; 01-10-15, 12:35.
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                        It's Vegan humour

Apparently dead horses are funny if you live on the same food stuffs as them

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                          Don't really know anything about horses apart from there is some thread here called "IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread" and GAB owns horses and has a an expensive duvet, so just vaguely in relation to that - laying that horse to rest well, not much thought put in tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                            Rugby 'legend' about to start a Q&A in my building.
                                                                                                            Keith Woods.
                                                                                                            Always feel sorry for those ex players who have to Shepherd radio competition winning goms around on matchdays. the smalltalk,the soul destroying smalltalk

Comment

Big news...
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                Don't really know anything about horses apart from there is some thread here called "IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread" and GAB owns horses and has a an expensive duvet, so just vaguely in relation to that - laying that horse to rest well, not much thought put in tbh.
                                                                                                                Just say it rhymed yo! Good effort imo. Infairness it's very decent of GAB to provide so much material!!!

We should run a dedicated competition actually. Could be pretty funny.
                                                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

That is mostly the reason for everything haha, few more goes from people be good, wombatman is the champion.

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                  It's Vegan humour

Apparently dead horses are funny if you live on the same food stuffs as them
                                                                                                                  wut?

Comment

Comment

I'm with AFB on this one.

I'd somewhat understand if it was the whole wiper assembly, but the wiper blade?

Quick test: Do you know what a 710 cap is for?

SPOILER

Comment

I think given todays argument it's fair to say that Dublin aren't the best football team in Ireland.

I also think Solks is spot on with the hell that is changing duvet covers. It's not so much the difficulty, it's that when it goes wrong....it goes horribly wrong.
                                                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                          I think given todays argument it's fair to say that Dublin aren't the best football team in Ireland.

I also think Solks is spot on with the hell that is changing duvet covers. It's not so much the difficulty, it's that when it goes wrong....it goes horribly wrong.
                                                                                                                          According to a sky sports presenter they are the All England champions
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X