OMG sat you are gorge!
    I am tbf

you fancy a date
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post

FAO Kev, please shut off access/please send me to coventry. Thanks and gl
      Met riggs tonight, told me he was serious about this. I lolled but he said he won't be back, apparently.
      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
        Met riggs tonight, told me he was serious about this. I lolled but he said he won't be back, apparently.
        How come?
        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
          How come?
          He wasn't picked as the IPB rep for the Werewolf World Championships

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
            How come?
            Originally posted by CHDog View Post
            This plus old and cranky to be fair.

If a mod gave me the offer of going to coventry I'd take it too, I know they won't cause I have a lot of posts but I would genuinely do it if it meant my profile vanished. Guess he is of a similar mindset

Grats on the job andy, let me know where to apply for your old job m8.
            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

How's that going so far? i havent read
              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

How's that going so far? i havent read
                My game starts May 2nd

Comment

Defo does anal.

Comment

Nailed it
                    Good shout

lol 45 posts already louise
                    a little stalkerish

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                      Good shout

a little stalkerish
                      I'm defo not stalker material, I don't know the term for what I am. I only knew 45 posts cause it's on the profile on the left.

I enjoy the challenge of finding out shit I shouldn't know, like people's full names.. but I'd never actually waste my time stalking any of ye cunts. So whatever that term is = me
                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I'm defo not stalker material, I don't know the term for what I am. I only knew 45 posts cause it's on the profile on the left.
                        The 45 was in plain sight. I was refering to the first name. Maybe I missed it being amongst the spew

Comment

The 45 was in plain sight. I was refering to the first name. Maybe I missed it being amongst the spew
                          Yeah the first name was in the spew.
                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Was trying to make a reference to your surname, obviously failed. I'm a nifty stalker.
                            You got it right. Lets drive right by it though.
                            This is a Shashka. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN3uhImuy6E Ty Menya Ne Ishi. Ti menya ne stoish. 'Do not look for me you are not worthy of me.'

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                              I am tbf

you fancy a date
                              You're on!
                              Last edited by Shashka; 27-04-16, 01:24.
                              This is a Shashka. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN3uhImuy6E Ty Menya Ne Ishi. Ti menya ne stoish. 'Do not look for me you are not worthy of me.'

Comment

Good shout

a little stalkerish
                                I have no idea who he is! Who are ya!??

Comment

I enjoy the challenge of finding out shit I shouldn't know, like people's full names.. but I'd never actually waste my time stalking any of ye cunts. So whatever that term is = me
                                  You like information.

Comment

Also there are werewolf championships!?? :-P

Comment

Nite xx

Comment

Watching Hillary victory speech here- Jesus how does she keep a straight face pretending she gives a fuck about some squeezed middle hard case . someone needs to hand out They Live sunglasses at her rallies

Comment

America has become even more a joke than before, I have started to believe the movie idiocracy is becoming a reality in America with the current presidential race.
                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

A former presidents partner against a reality TV businessman.

Advanced cavemen m8s. Planets full of them.

Comment

America has become even more a joke than before, I have started to believe the movie idiocracy is becoming a reality in America with the current presidential race.
                                              The United States was founded by the brightest people in that country then they disappeared.

These days parties won't allow anything to happen unless go to a filibuster at this stage so what is the point? You can't do anything.

I'd vote for Hilary. But ...meh...

People don't like her in America because of what went on when she was secretary of state though.

Secretary of state is possibly one of the best and worst jobs you can have before being a candidate for a US president. Best because of the experience it gives you worst because the job it gives you is a pr disaster thereafter.

Comment

The fact that it is the 2 of them is a joke though.
                                                Bernie gave me some hope for a couple of weeks but having the 2 of them as candidates for one leading countries in the world just shows you how little this entire planet fucking matters.

If Hilary or Donald can actually become president of the usa then you really have to question life more than usual
                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I think for some he is the poster child for free market conservatism.
                                                  He can't give speeches though he is a terrible public speaker just woeful.

He can't argue. Terrible at verbal reasoning, at least in the moment.

But he is intelligent. He is a real business man not just for T.V.

Most politicians come from law backgrounds etc. They have years of experience at this. He doesn't. He is a business man. But a lot of politicians can't get things done.

He has a presidential air though.

He went to business school etc. He is intelligent. It might not be the type of intelligence we are used to seeing from politicians though.

I thoroughly disagree with his ideology though and his approach. He isn't stupid though.

Comment

The fact that it is the 2 of them is a joke though.
                                                    Bernie gave me some hope for a couple of weeks but having the 2 of them as candidates for one leading countries in the world just shows you how little this entire planet fucking matters.

If Hilary or Donald can actually become president of the usa then you really have to question life more than usual
                                                    Neither of them are stupid by any means. Bernie is very likeable as a character but he was never going to win. But how can you not like him? He's a dote!

Comment

I wish Gor Vidal was alive to condescend to all of this!

Comment

Hilary is a liar, she lied about so much during this campaign and is somehow getting away with some of it.

Trump is a joke of a person.

I literally will not waste my time going into detail about either of them. Irish government isn't great either but at least our presidential races(ahem, gerry adams) are not going to be won by jokes of candidates.
                                                        Politics is one of my least favourite things in the world. Too many assholes to choose between.
                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Nite Nite dougie!

Comment

You say goodnight a lot and don't go to sleep
                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Kev, what's the likelihood of forever-coventry in like a month? have I got too many posts?
                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

11.5 hours for a 75 year old woman sitting in an A&E waiting room. Really hope they sort the important stuff like water out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                  Should have gone to Beaumont, 6 hours after seeing Triage nurse still waiting to go in, 12 ahead of us plus any emergencies.

It is a grim place to be . Went to the toilet and came out to find a junkie that was behind us had taken my bottle of coke off the seat, " sorry bud I thought it was mine, I only had a sup ye can have it back" . I declined the offer.
                                                                  I searched your previous posts to see what happened to your mom and this one made me lol. You're having a horrific run with health shit lately m8, hope it turns around quick for ya
                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Cheers Doug, just got a trolley in A&E waiting to see a Doc. There was a time when I could do 24 hours without sleep no problem. Those days are gone.

Comment

Supposed to be flying to Nice for a few days on Friday. I see the French ATCs have their bimonthly strike pencilled in for Thursday.

Anyone any experience of how the spill over from these things tend to work out?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                          Will there be a second election in 2016 now 6/5 on PP. Think it got as high as 7/1 a few weeks back
                                                                          This line hasn't moved over night despite the news s deal has been agreed between FG and FF. 8/13 on no second election in 2016 surely a good bet? Was in at 1/6 sort of territory recently enough

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                            Giving a guy like Phil hogan the task of setting it up was a bad idea. He's not exactly a person people will warm to.
                                                                            Ah, someone cuddlier was required. As opposed to the Minister for Environment whose job it was. What insight.

They should have given some token tax deduction to off-set the Water charges.
                                                                            They did - the conservation grant.

As for Irish Water Inc. They had numerous fuck ups with Data protection laws, one case were bank details for customers were sent to different customers. That kind of thing takes an impressive level of incompetence to achieve.
                                                                            Pretty standard teething issues. I'm sure you can point to an example of a national utility set up from scratch that went off without a hitch?

Then there is also the issue of bonuses, pretty much the last company where bonuses should be dished out like free candy and that's exactly what they did.
                                                                            Go on. How much did IW actually pay out in bonuses? The reality is very dfferent from your perception.

Not having a go at you but the sort of uninformed nonsense above is exactly the sort of guff that the Anti-charges side have been trotting out since Day 1. It's been long-fingered now in the best Irish political tradition but the next government will have to introduce proper water charging, as per our European commitments. What irony if SF\FF were in that government.
                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I don't think people understand what the Coventry thing is. You f a poster is sent to Coventry, they can still post as normal, but their posts are hidden from everyone except admins, so they think they are being ignored when people can't actually see their posts.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                I don't think people understand what the Coventry thing is. You f a poster is sent to Coventry, they can still post as normal, but their posts are hidden from everyone except admins, so they think they are being ignored when people can't actually see their posts.
                                                                                Also don't understand why people want to be sent there. Just log off and don't post again if you feel that strongly about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                  Supposed to be flying to Nice for a few days on Friday. I see the French ATCs have their bimonthly strike pencilled in for Thursday.

Anyone any experience of how the spill over from these things tend to work out?
                                                                                  Should be grand.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                      Go on. How much did IW actually pay out in bonuses? The reality is very dfferent from your perception.
                                                                                      Performance related element to pay != bonus

I still am waiting to hear an intellectual argument that explains why it is better for the poor to pay a disproportionate rate for the water they use through through regressive taxation than to have a fair and proportional metered water charge.
                                                                                      Arguing that there are some other cloud cuckoo land possibilities is now off the table as Lloyd correctly pointed out yesterday there has been a majority voted into the Dail who are anti IW and charges but their leaders have refused to act.
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

I have taken some medical training which included sticking needles in myself and others. I have removed a wart from arm with a very sharp knife with blood every where and scraped against the bone in process. I have 'fixed' ingrowing toenails with another sharp knife and pliers. I have had stitches in my foot (7) without an anesthetic and held flesh in my leg together as bone was exposed but today I do something which always fills me with dread and fear and any wee pain feels like end of days and I come out light headed and shaking.

Feking Dentist.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                              I have taken some medical training which included sticking needles in myself and others. I have removed a wart from arm with a very sharp knife with blood every where and scraped against the bone in process. I have 'fixed' ingrowing toenails with another sharp knife and pliers. I have had stitches in my foot (7) without an anesthetic and held flesh in my leg together as bone was exposed but today I do something which always fills me with dread and fear and any wee pain feels like end of days and I come out light headed and shaking.

Feking Dentist.
                                                                                              God i hate them also, and the story of the dentist in France freaked me out also. my worst nightmare!

dentist of horrors

Comment

Ah, someone cuddlier was required. As opposed to the Minister for Environment whose job it was. What insight
                                                                                                Basically. When dealing a lot with public perception having someone who is good with the public helps a huge amount. The property charge and Water tax were going to be two huge issues, having someone like Phil Hogan in charge of both was such a poor idea.

They did - the conservation grant.
                                                                                                I was thinking something a little more than €100.

Pretty standard teething issues. I'm sure you can point to an example of a national utility set up from scratch that went off without a hitch?

Standard teething issues? Can you point out all those other companies that send out other people's private bank details? If you're being forced to provide these guys with your PPS numbers and you bank details then having them post wrong information out to customers is a far bigger problem than a "teething issue".

Pay related performance or a bonus, not much difference. €1.3m from what I read.

Comment

A suspension of charges is essential defeat for IW v1.0

Let's see what the proposal for 2.0 is in time.
                                                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

LOL.

So all those grievances about the setup, the costs, the unfettered wastage of the super-quango, the performance-related-pay, all disappear because they are now borne by the exchequer instead of the individual? I thought we were to avoid conflating "Anti-IW" and "Anti-Water Charges"? The later have won some time / a grace period if anything. Nothing has changed for the former.

Btw, we're on IW v1.4.3.5 after the amount of nonsense that has gone on thus far. The original IW was a far, far different beast to what you see today, and was an animal with a much healthier ability to provide for itself.

FAO Teddie - regarding the 'tax cuts and social welfare increases to match'. That's almost exactly what happened. Perhaps you just forgot?

Minister for Finance Michael Noonan has announced plans to reduce the Universal Social Charge and the higher rate of income tax, and introduce measures that he says will lessen the impact of water charges on families.

Comment

If all that comes out of the IW messing is that we get some li d of constitutional guarantee that it can't be flogged off to a bunch of vulture cunts outside of the country I'll be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                        FAO Teddie - regarding the 'tax cuts and social welfare increases to match'. That's almost exactly what happened. Perhaps you just forgot?
                                                                                                        http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=uk

That's like closing the door after the horses have bolted.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

The same again with less Phil Hogan?
                                                                                                          What else is there other than having poor people pay more by indirect taxation. But then that's the kind of thing I'd expect from socialists who oppose property taxes

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                            If all that comes out of the IW messing is that we get some li d of constitutional guarantee that it can't be flogged off to a bunch of vulture cunts outside of the country I'll be happy.
                                                                                                            That was never ever even the slightest little fraction of a possibility outside the overactive imaginations of fools like Coppinger and Murphy.

Comment

That's like closing the door after the horses have bolted.
                                                                                                              What?

Date of article - Tue, Oct 14, 2014, 09:59

What was the date of the first bill you received?

The Budget in 2015 included tax breaks and social welfare increases as well as a €100 grant!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                That was never ever even the slightest little fraction of a possibility outside the overactive imaginations of fools like Coppinger and Murphy.
                                                                                                                Personally I would happily outsource IW to who ever the water equivalent of Transdev are. Those guys know how to control costs and the Luas seems to have run pretty perfectly up until the strike which they are fairly winning at the moment.

Who really gives a crap who runs our utilities so long as they are run as efficiently as possible, regular re-tenders keeps people on the straight and narrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                  What?

Date of article - Tue, Oct 14, 2014, 09:59

What was the date of the first bill you received?

The Budget in 2015 included tax breaks and social welfare increases as well as a €100 grant!

The public had already hated Irish Water and the idea of it. It had already been a PR disaster for them. This article from October 7th 2014 sums it up. Actually quite a good one on the PR mess that Irish Water was.

A FORMER minister who helped establish Irish Water has criticised the company’s approach to introducing water charges, describing it as “an unmitigated disaster”.

Did Noonan and co. announce plans to cut taxes for in when Irish Water was set up? That was in 2013 or so I think.

Comment

Kinda hoping we get another election now so Dublin voters can rectify the mistake they made voting Katherine zappone in. The only equality she cares about is more equal space at the trough for herself

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                                      Personally I would happily outsource IW to who ever the water equivalent of Transdev are. Those guys know how to control costs and the Luas seems to have run pretty perfectly up until the strike which they are fairly winning at the moment.

Who really gives a crap who runs our utilities so long as they are run as efficiently as possible, regular re-tenders keeps people on the straight and narrow.
                                                                                                                      Fully private would definitely be better. Less chance of bloated salaries, less chance of strikes, more chance of reduced costs (and bills most likely). I have no idea what the obsession about having it as a public entity is? The public service here is already far too bloated, and I have little faith in most publicly run services.

Comment

The public had already hated Irish Water and the idea of it. It had already been a PR disaster for them. This article from October 7th 2014 sums it up. Actually quite a good one on the PR mess that Irish Water was.

A FORMER minister who helped establish Irish Water has criticised the company’s approach to introducing water charges, describing it as “an unmitigated disaster”.

Did Noonan and co. announce plans to cut taxes for in when Irish Water was set up? That was in 2013 or so I think.
                                                                                                                        What massively annoys me is hen people say Irish water should be disbanded because of the PR. How were they going to sell a water charge as free ice-cream? It was always going to be unpopular.

Was the initial stages of the billing set up a nightmare - yes.

On the other side we have
                                                                                                                        1 -does the billing system actually work now - yes
                                                                                                                        2 - when consultancy fee were announced and people went mental, were these fees industry standard - yes
                                                                                                                        3 - Was the threats to meter installers and the following cost of having our garda resources tied up a very poor social outcome for the nation - yes
                                                                                                                        4 - And the big question is if the infrastructure improvements that have already and are in the planning stages are worth it. The answer is yes.

The whole PR nightmare and go back to scratch to appease people is the same argument Idi Amin uses in the last king of scotland. Lets wait for the scene to play out.

Idi Amin - I want you to tell me what to do!
                                                                                                                        Garrigan - You want ME to tell YOU what to do?
                                                                                                                        Amin - Yes, you are my advisor. You are the only one I can trust in here. You should have told me not to throw the Asians out, in the first place!
                                                                                                                        Garrigan - I DID!
                                                                                                                        Amin - But you did not persuade me, Nicholas. You did not persuade me!

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                                          What massively annoys me is hen people say Irish water should be disbanded because of the PR. How were they going to sell a water charge as free ice-cream? It was always going to be unpopular.

Was the initial stages of the billing set up a nightmare - yes.

On the other side we have
                                                                                                                          1 -does the billing system actually work now - yes
                                                                                                                          2 - when consultancy fee were announced and people went mental, were these fees industry standard - yes
                                                                                                                          3 - Was the threats to meter installers and the following cost of having our garda resources tied up a very poor social outcome for the nation - yes
                                                                                                                          4 - And the big question is if the infrastructure improvements that have already and are in the planning stages are worth it. The answer is yes.

The whole PR nightmare and go back to scratch to appease people is the same argument Idi Amin uses in the last king of scotland. Lets wait for the scene to play out.

Idi Amin - I want you to tell me what to do!
                                                                                                                          Garrigan - You want ME to tell YOU what to do?
                                                                                                                          Amin - Yes, you are my advisor. You are the only one I can trust in here. You should have told me not to throw the Asians out, in the first place!
                                                                                                                          Garrigan - I DID!
                                                                                                                          Amin - But you did not persuade me, Nicholas. You did not persuade me!

Sometimes you have to take one step back to take two steps forward. Otherwise nothing will ever change. If you accept Irish Water then it simply a green light for FG and Co. to continue with their brand of incompetence forever. Allowing that to happen is going to cost far more money in the long-term than abolishing Irish Water ever will. I do also find it funny that the people who the first to complain about public sector incompetence and financial wastage are also the first to champion keeping Irish Water. It's like SFers arguing against a property tax.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Teddie; 27-04-16, 11:10.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X