This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
    Crazy the mass hysteria this guy has caused.

Y'all need to join Hotspurs' Unagi class and chill.
    We should all do what you do on a Tuesday and watch Serie A highlights from the 50s or something m8 you're right.

Comment

This makes zero sense.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
        The main reason he left the gym at that time was he sold tickets or some kind of raffle thing and spent the money.
        No. That was much earlier. He sold the tickets to one of his early fights and spent the money. Didn't show up the gym for a bit after the fight.

I'm referring to something that happen after he who both CW titles, before he was signed to the UFC. A teammate received some bad news related to fighting (i've an idea who but not confirmed). It put the whole thing in perspective, and he walked away from the sport. Informally he quite, then John got a call offering Conor a fight in Sweden. Without a pot to piss in, and the rest is history

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
          No. That was much earlier. He sold the tickets to one of his early fights and spent the money. Didn't show up the gym for a bit after the fight.

I'm referring to something that happen after he who both CW titles, before he was signed to the UFC. A teammate received some bad news related to fighting (i've an idea who but not confirmed). It put the whole thing in perspective, and he walked away from the sport. Informally he quite, then John got a call offering Conor a fight in Sweden. Without a pot to piss in, and the rest is history
          Ah, so we are both right

What you reckon is up after the last couple of hours with Dana speaking etc

Comment

He wanted more money, Dana said you're not the show.
            Conor said, of course I'm, the show, fuck your press conference.
            Dana got the hump and cut him lose.

Comment

This CMG thing is a debacle.

Disrespect to UFC not to show clarity or make an offical statement as to his intention.
              Vocal enough to make the big bucks when it suited.
              He always said it was the fans and his supporters that helped/made him and this ambiguity is an insult to those who have paid out in that support.
              Whether its a realization he cant win at heavier weight or a genuine fear for his wellbeing or a total collapse of confidence or even an injury he feels too proud for some reason to admit to a simple honest explaination would be acceptable and respected.
              If its a troll to garner a bigger payday then IMHO hes fucked it up.

I suppose he did say ' Its all about the money' but regardless of the money if he does retire it has to be hard for him to live with the thought of 'What if?'

Comment

The UFC have had more than 150 PPV events in the Zuffa owned era and McGregor has headlined three of them. His PPVs are the 2nd, 3rd, and 17th highest they've had. He has taken fights (Mendes and Diaz) on short notice, he didn't have to take them, other fighters have turned down short notice changes. He's worth hundreds of millions in revenue to a company known for stiffing their fighters. I hope he gets every cent he can from them.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                  Disrespect to UFC not to show clarity or make an offical statement as to his intention
                  You are assume that the UFC don't know more information than the public. That's a bit silly.

He always said it was the fans and his supporters that helped/made him and this ambiguity is an insult to those who have paid out in that support.
                  Fans don't have an automatic right to instantaneous full disclosure. I think people get a bit too comfortable in this information age that they forget that

Comment

He wanted more money, Dana said you're not the show.
                    Conor said, of course I'm, the show, fuck your press conference.
                    Dana got the hump and cut him lose.
                    He's mark whalberg in boogie nights. We'll see him bare knuckle fighting gypsies in parking lots in a few years.

Comment

What's the most consecutive days you have worn your shoes? socks? undies?

Only filthy people need apply to this random survey as it's funnier that way
                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Went to a JiuJitsu gym close to my work at lunchtime. Just wanted to get in some extra training. Class was fine, I was paired with an advanced white belt. when it came so sparring at the end, I as asked to partner with Justin. A blue belt on the other side of the room.
                        No problem, I went over to Justin, said hello. And I asked him if he wanted to start standing up or sitting on the ground.

"You can stand if you like, but I'll have to sit"

My brief confusion was replaced in seconds by sheer awkwardness when I noticed that he only hand one leg

Comment

What's the over/under on Mcgregor related Joe.ie articles today. At least 4 on twitter reactions alone I would think
                          airport, lol

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 20-04-16, 07:44.

Comment

Shrap in blinding form atm, good to see.
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

BREAKING NEWS: Hatedajacks on the way to Iceland to bate the head off McGregor after spending 900 quid on flights

Pretty sick on the travelling fans again tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                    If you're thinking retirement and are scheduled to headline UFC 200 where you can avenge your loss and go out as a champ and a winner 2 classes up then why do it now?

Injured m8s
                                    Friends and family suggest that given he was at the fight that resulted in a death, that perhaps he rethink the whole situation?

When he was broke and young, the reward/risk ratio was enormous. He knew that he could get hurt, but he could make a FUCK tonne of cash doing it.

He's now at a place where he has buckets of cash, and even if he retires today he still earns buckets more (though not as much as fighting on) even if he's not risking his health.

When you're already a millionaire, that reward/risk ratio is not quite as big, especially when you've just seen what that risk really is.

Pragmatic enough stuff if this is the case I'd have thought.

Edit: Scratch all that, theory is bunk, he's going hardball SIPTU style.
                                    Last edited by Emmet; 20-04-16, 08:00.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                        BREAKING NEWS: Hatedajacks on the way to Iceland to bate the head off McGregor after spending 900 quid on flights

Pretty sick on the travelling fans again tbf.
                                        I'd fucking travel to see that fight myself!
                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                          A big night for the Trumpster. 538 thinks he might be just 50 delegates short for the convention now, which is surely surmoutable absent a huge amount of fck-you politicking from the 'elites'
                                          Fuck Nate Silver

Adanthar on 2 + 2 has him at 1080 - 1100 if he wins Indiana plus whatever he gets of California's 172

We're perfectly poised for absolute chaos in Cleveland. Fuck the Republican Party.

Super retarded media cycle the last three weeks which is sure to overadjust now to a perfectly predictable Trump sweep of NY. He'll do very well next Tuesday too so peak cash out value on Trump bets in scenarios where he doesn't ship the nomination will be ~Thursday week imo
                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Edit: Scratch all that, theory is bunk, he's going hardball SIPTU style.
                                            My theory is he went up a weight and took that other fight too quickly. He needs to build muscle and aerobic fitness and be very lean at the higher weight.

The reality is that's not possible in the tight time frame he has talked himself into. Therefore make a big deal about retiring - which saves face and stay training. When the clamour for him to go back reaches its zenith come back on the basis of a huge PPV deal.

It's all part of the entertainment business. The boxers have being doing it for years. Too many fights in short order weakens the demand and the storyline and that allows the MMA product to be the winner but not the individual fighters. He's trying to change that from what I can see.

As for hatedajacks getting his money back he should tweet McGregor about it and I'm sure he's so balla he'll make some sort of gesture. Worth it for the entertainment value anyway...
                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                Why not nuts, allergic or taste? You can make such nice sauces from nuts and obviusly wouldnt taste like nuts. If it's an allergy thing dismiss.

Here is a random sampling of veggie food I made a few years back that i will paste as its hard to type with one arm to help you.
                                                This is great and it is both taste and texture that I hate. My gf was convinced I wouldn't notice the difference if she used nuts in sauce. I always do - manky thing imo (obv nobody elses)

The above is great tho thanks

Comment

New York WTF

He won right across the state. With young and old. And despite all the talk about his problems with female voters, he won decisively with both men and women....

what tonight’s results make clear is that when Republican voters are asked to go to the polls to select the party’s nominee, Trump usually wins.
                                                  Its all too much for my delicate sensibilities.
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                    New York WTF

Its all too much for my delicate sensibilities.
                                                    Hometown factor innit.

Or 'Irish politics' as its otherwise known. I'm funking a Bruce Willis-style takeout of all other candidates by Walker at a contested convention.
                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Gore wins his hometown state, the shenanigans in Florida don't matter.
                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                        Hometown factor innit.

Or 'Irish politics' as its otherwise known. I'm funking a Bruce Willis-style takeout of all other candidates by Walker at a contested convention.
                                                        I've got a feeling that if Walker had fought harder and hung around a bit longer he'd be in a much better position to be the compromise candidate.

So are we all agreed then that Trump goes to Clevland 50 to 100 votes short and gets his ass handed to him by the boys in smoke filled rooms?

Will all Republican Presidential Nominee candidates have fewer than 1237 delegates after the results of the last Primary?
                                                        Delegate count will be taken from Associated Press.

Trading at Yes 1.35 No 3.0

So how does this work Betfair market called Republican Brokered Convention with rules:

Will all Republican Presidential Nominee candidates fail to secure a majority in the first round of voting at the Republican National convention?

is quoting Yes 2.0 No 1.65

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                        First Ballot
                                                        Basically, and there isn't much about this that is basic, there are about 85% of delegates who MUST vote the way the primary results required on the first ballot. This includes for people like Bush, Walker, Carson and Rubio.

There are some unbound delegates who can vote however they choose.

There are also some delegates who CAN vote for the person who originally won their delegate count (Rubio etc) but can also be released from doing so and become free votes if the candidate they were selected for is no longer standing. (Hence why people suspend their campaigns rather than end them) Rubio has written to every single one of his pledged delegates to remind them he is still running and they must vote for him.
                                                        So is it then that the difference between 1.35 and 2.0 is accounted for by the possibility that Trump can pick up the minimum 50 votes he'll need from the 15% of votes floating in the first ballot?
                                                        Thats 50 out of a pool of about 350

Hmmmm
                                                        what tonight’s results make clear is that when Republican voters are asked to go to the polls to select the party’s nominee, Trump usually wins.
                                                        He's going to scrape in on the first ballot isn't he and then there will be very little anyone can do about it short of hiring a sniper at some stage during the campaign?

Comment

RE:McGregor
                                                          SPOILER

Comment

I missed the last couple of weeks, how did he go from no-hoper back to TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP?

Comment

Comment

Mcgregor has said a few times about others backing out of fights and how disrespectful it is to their fans who spend money to see them and how he would never back out because he understands the cost etc of the Irish fans to come see him.
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Any chance this is a publicity effort from UFC themselves actually?

Whip up a storm, say they've talked him back into it, he fights at UFC200 as predicted?

Comment

Its hardly a disaster - have your holiday in motherfking Vegas anyway and the UFC card will still be going ahead.
                                                                      If the event was being cancelled because of CMGs withdrawal and the fans were stuck with flights/hotels to Detroit or Lagos or something then they'd have a case for being upset.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                        I missed the last couple of weeks, how did he go from no-hoper back to TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP?
                                                                        New campaign manager Paul Manafort came on board at the start of the month, seems to have steadied the ship and reined in DTs wackier side.
                                                                        Could be coincidence and may have happened anyway.
                                                                        Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 20-04-16, 10:28. Reason: reign/rein urrrgghhh

Comment

What film is this picture from?

[IMG]https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...g=eyJpIjoidCJ9[/IMG]

Edit, sick of trying to embed it.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                            Mcgregor has said a few times about others backing out of fights and how disrespectful it is to their fans who spend money to see them and how he would never back out because he understands the cost etc of the Irish fans to come see him.
                                                                            Sure we all know he's a WUM. He's made his millions off fellas buying into the drool. Now it's all over and the fan boys are having a melt down. Something like this was bound to happen sooner or later.

Comment

Buena vista social club

Comment

Any chance this is a publicity effort from UFC themselves actually?

Whip up a storm, say they've talked him back into it, he fights at UFC200 as predicted?
                                                                                very possibly but the fact is that without him, this can only make UFC 200 a better card, simply because Champions will now be looking to fill the void and headline it, whereas they wouldn't have wanted to play second fiddle to a nothing fight.

Comment

Facebook.
                                                                                  That's why we can't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                    very possibly but the fact is that without him, this can only make UFC 200 a better card, simply because Champions will now be looking to fill the void and headline it, whereas they wouldn't have wanted to play second fiddle to a nothing fight.
                                                                                    So another guess;
                                                                                    1. UFC want publicity explosion, as not enough going on for UFC200.
                                                                                    2. Speak to McGregor, says he's not feeling it for any of loads of reasons (needs full training time at new weight, head is wrecked after death in Dublin, whatever reason).
                                                                                    3. Come up with a plan for McGregor to 'retire', giving them the chance to pad out UFC200 further (anything with Lawler is better anyway imo!).
                                                                                    4. Gives him a chance to have more time to work through any of the issues from (2)
                                                                                    5. If he does, fights at 204+ as a 'comeback', tempted back by the 'One Last Chance'
                                                                                    6. If lose. Do retire from the fight game with the bag of cash. If win 'found the love of the sport, back to fulfil my legacy, dual weight champion etc'.

Only issue with this, is what about the belt at FW? Can't possibly hold it if 'retired' and an interim belt is fought for. Makes the endpoint narrative there a little foolish.

Comment

...

Comment

haha he's going to WWE
                                                                                        3,436 likes, 352 comments - coach_kavanagh on April 19, 2016: "New job uniform"

للتواصل:EMEL:justbehappy2033@gmail.comtwitter: https://twitter.com/justbehappy2035facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...لاتسو اللايك والسبسكرايب ...
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Meanwhile in the UK the Tories have a plan to improve their now mandatory Academy (i.e for profit ) schools

Comment

So another guess;

Only issue with this, is what about the belt at FW? Can't possibly hold it if 'retired' and an interim belt is fought for. Makes the endpoint narrative there a little foolish.
                                                                                            They've already said the Aldo Edgar fight is for the interim FW belt which is cringeworthy in itself, but if he's retired it'll be for the real thing no doubt
                                                                                            Last edited by shrapnel; 20-04-16, 10:40.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                              But he didn't back out. He was pulled by the UFC. He loses high 7 figures by not fighting at UFC 200. He didn't just say fuck it

Comment

They've already said the Aldo Edgar fight is for the interim FW belt which is cringeworthy in itself, but if he's retired it'll be for the real thing no doubt
                                                                                                Yeah that's what I mean. If he's not retired, then the above narrative works, because he could still hold two belts at once.

If he is retired, then he has no belt, and would have to fight Edgar/Aldo at that lower weight and then go back up again.

Comment

My thoughts:

Some sort of camp started last week. 12 weeks out.
                                                                                                  The UFC wanted Conor in the states for media.
                                                                                                  Vegas is not exactly around the corner from Iceland or Ireland. And it wasn't just Vegas.
                                                                                                  They announced a mini-tour two weeks ago.
                                                                                                  He said I'm not doing a world tour during camp.
                                                                                                  The UFC got the hump and said you are off the card (bye bye big payday for Conor)
                                                                                                  Conor said, in that case I retire (bye bye big paydays for the UFC).

He's hit them where they hit him. With reasonable heads this would be resolved. It may not in this instance.

Comment

But he didn't back out. He was pulled by the UFC. He loses high 7 figures by not fighting at UFC 200. He didn't just say fuck it

He basically did. If you're told you have to turn up for something and then you don't turn up for something that the same as saying fuck it, I'm out.

Comment

Buena vista social club
                                                                                                      Is it any good? There's an outdoor cinema club in Kerry that show films every couple of months in different locations. This one is being shown next month and I'll pop along if it's worth a look.
                                                                                                      Facebook.
                                                                                                      That's why we can't see it.
                                                                                                      Most of the pics I link here are from fb and I'm always able to embed. Don't know why this one won't work.

Comment

cool
                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Decent opinion piece about Dublin's failings - http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/ar...blin-1.2569247

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                            He basically did. If you're told you have to turn up for something and then you don't turn up for something that the same as saying fuck it, I'm out.
                                                                                                            It's not like not turning up for GAA training during the week and then being dropped on Sunday.

We don't know what the media obligations were? So we've no idea if his refusal was reasonable or not

Comment

£1000 offered for a limerick on Erdogan

limerick competition

Comment

Is it any good? There's an outdoor cinema club in Kerry that show films every couple of months in different locations. This one is being shown next month and I'll pop along if it's worth a look.
                                                                                                                If you like cuban salsa, jazz and cigars, you're in for a treat. a great musical documentary.
                                                                                                                Last edited by shrapnel; 20-04-16, 11:50.

Comment

£1000 offered for a limerick on Erdogan

limerick competition
                                                                                                                  I'm trying real hard to rhyme something with "Recep".
                                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Decent opinion piece about Dublin's failings - http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/ar...blin-1.2569247
                                                                                                                    Those College Green apartments would be a bargain at that price! they're more like 5k.

Comment

being off aint all bad, bitta pancakes for breakfast. Somehow my accident was in the paper in Sligo, family have no idea how.

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 20-04-16, 12:28.

Comment

So is it then that the difference between 1.35 and 2.0 is accounted for by the possibility that Trump can pick up the minimum 50 votes he'll need from the 15% of votes floating in the first ballot?
                                                                                                                        Thats 50 out of a pool of about 350

Hmmmm

He's going to scrape in on the first ballot isn't he and then there will be very little anyone can do about it short of hiring a sniper at some stage during the campaign?
                                                                                                                        No, there aren't 15% unbound delegates. The 15% accounts for both the completely unbound delegates as well as the delegates who are technically bound to candidates who have suspended their campaign but whose State Party rules allow them to vote for other candidates IF they are released by their originally pledged candidate. They account for a pretty small number of people and, referring back to my previous post, they are party stalwarts. Many of them are die hards who will follow the lead of the party leaders like Ryan.

At the moment the most likely outcome seems to be that Trump falls short and the unbound delegates are locked in a room by the GOP and conditioned Clockwork Orange style until they do what they're told. Trump narrowly misses the nomination at the first count (expect a genuinely painful level of tension during that process) and then all hell breaks loose. The Convention Chair becomes the most important person in the Republican Party at that point.

If I were a betting man I would put the odds of a fist fight on the convention floor during the second ballot at about 2/1. An all out riot isn't out of the question either. As delegates switch allegiance and the media desperately try and get the rules straight it should descend into madness.

Actually one of the most interesting parts is how each State's delegate rules are different. Hasn't mattered in 50 years but it's gonna matter this year. Should make it a nightmare to keep things from getting out of hand or someone going rogue.
                                                                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

lol the brother is literally covering UFC a wet week and is now RTE's go to man on the subject!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X