This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Even though meat and eggs were more expensive to buy there was also a much greater portion of the household budget spent on food.

Also re the bolded. This is clearly not true. Page 4 of here (UK stats, but what can you do) says that there has been a steady decline since 1942 to late 1990s. Even in 1942 at the height of rationing, when bread was the main non-rationed food, bread only made up 4,600calories of the weekly diet - so about a quarter of the diet.
    How much bread do French people eat relative to British people and how much more\less fat are they?
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
      1. Ordered the Samsung S7 edge

2. On the topic of luggage, where can I buy a good suit bag for international travel? Any personal recommendations out there?

(Cheaper here)

Surely up your street?

I saw an absolutely fantastic one that I thought was a Wenger but can't find it now (suggesting it's not!), which was basically a suit bag wrapped around a holdall. Was a fair bit better specc'd then that and looked very cool, but was a cabin bag and would comfortably hold two suits and a weekend of stuff too.

Am trying to find one now.
      Last edited by Emmet; 19-04-16, 15:22.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
        Bb help

Dinner for 4 women sat night. Salmon en croute main course. What would be a nice starter, all options acceptable but something not that hard to do.
        Thanks
        What was made for the starter?. I bet it wasnt black pudding after all the black pudding suggestions and approvals!. Did it go well anyway?

Comment

The individual had €2.8m of debt and secured a write-off of half of their borrowings.

The individual will be able to retain the family home.

Also http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/a-...-use-1.2456310
          The system is unfair in the recovery it offers to others. But life is not always fair and the bigger picture mandates that we move on. Where people can pay they must pay; but where there is a possibility of home repossession the law demands, and will now enforce, far-reaching solutions.
          The insolvency system is augmented by bankruptcy laws that are among the most benign in the world.

Lovely stuff. Next time there is a credit bubble I'm maxxing out every line of credit and going on a bling and coke binge. No consequences as long as I can use my "family home" as a shield. This and Irish water just goes to show that being responsible and prudent in this country is a mugs game
          Last edited by Guest; 19-04-16, 15:26.

Comment

Wasn't convinced enough to spend the prices they are asking but this Kickstarter travel case does look ok

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              Wasn't convinced enough to spend the prices they are asking but this Kickstarter travel case does look ok

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e=39dsa.fnd.to
              bargain at $600

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                What was made for the starter?. I bet it wasnt black pudding after all the black pudding suggestions and approvals!. Did it go well anyway?
                Spot on. SatNav sent me a lovely recipe which I'll try myself but I was told one of the girls "wouldn't eat blood" Goats cheese and tomato tartlet instead.

I got major kudos on Sat by going to about 5 different shops and getting everything needed. Then cleaned the house and was all set to go out at 7.30. Just had to open the prosecco, leave it in fridge and gone. I did this, left the cork in and put it sideways in fridge. In pub five mins later and see 4 missed calls. Prosecco had spilled out all over the fridge. Go to off licence, they have none, go to another , get a bottle bring it home and it turns out one of the girls had just arrived with a bottle

Rather drunk coming home later and little lad decides he would pick Sunday morning to get up at 5.55am and come into dadas bed. Long long day Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                  http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2016...al-insolvency/
                  The individual had €2.8m of debt and secured a write-off of half of their borrowings.

The system is unfair in the recovery it offers to others. But life is not always fair and the bigger picture mandates that we move on. Where people can pay they must pay; but where there is a possibility of home repossession the law demands, and will now enforce, far-reaching solutions.
                  The insolvency system is augmented by bankruptcy laws that are among the most benign in the world.

Lovely stuff. Next time there is a credit bubble I'm maxxing out every line of credit and going on a bling and coke binge. No consequences as long as I can use my "family home" as a shield. This and Irish water just goes to show that being responsible and prudent in this country is a mugs game
                  The hazards of no moral hazards.

Comment

haha very good!.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                      Spot on. SatNav sent me a lovely recipe which I'll try myself but I was told one of the girls "wouldn't eat blood" Goats cheese and tomato tartlet instead.

I got major kudos on Sat by going to about 5 different shops and getting everything needed. Then cleaned the house and was all set to go out at 7.30. Just had to open the prosecco, leave it in fridge and gone. I did this, left the cork in and put it sideways in fridge. In pub five mins later and see 4 missed calls. Prosecco had spilled out all over the fridge. Go to off licence, they have none, go to another , get a bottle bring it home and it turns out one of the girls had just arrived with a bottle

Rather drunk coming home later and little lad decides he would pick Sunday morning to get up at 5.55am and come into dadas bed. Long long day Sunday
                      Prosecco doesn't need to breath

I saw that coming as soon as I read the line that you opened it and put sideways in the fridge. Least the little fella did exactly the wife told him to do. Well done young man.

Although it is great all you did to make sure the evening went well.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                        http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2016...al-insolvency/

But life is not so unfair that it would require any physical moving just a more metaphorical moving.

Pretty sweet deal for whoever inherits the houses whenever the current occupants die since there is a case for it to be now valued at zero so no inheritance taxes. Not only free rent for life for those there now but essentially free rent forever going through the generations.

Same fuckers who complain about the legacy of debt the banks caused passing on legacy free rolls to their kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                          Yeah, an old friend we haven't seen around these parts for a while.

Ok you're on. 50c
                          Pay the man his 0.50 flushy, strewel hustled ya
                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                  Thankfully I have very little experience with the court system but it must be really tough for people there day in and day out to stop themselves from just going "BOLLOCKS!, you're talking utter BOLLOCKS. BOLLOCKS, BOLLOCKS, BOLLOCKS. Stop it."
                                  Yeah Judge Coughlan all the time!

Comment

It's mad that such perceived wisdom was so wrong. Like that government advice was actively harming people by advocating low fat diets, pushing them to increase the carb portion of their diets.
                                    It's mad how confident everybody is (thumbing of noses and lolling at the how ridic and silly everyone who held a previous belief is) whenever the perceived wisdom gets thrown out and it is replaced with new perceived wisdom, rinse and repeat.

I look forward to the next time people change their minds and then act like it was obvious all along. The kids in my college are all obssessed and 'experts' on marcros, and diet and going to the gym. I guess 95% of the craic isn't accurate knowledge but the feeling that everyone else is an idiot and you've figured it all out.

P.S The earth is flat.

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                    Why not nuts, allergic or taste? You can make such nice sauces from nuts and obviusly wouldnt taste like nuts.
                                    gfyT
                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Tar loves the taste of nuts
                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Lloyd need to go begging for more Olympic funds for UCD. Fast forward to about 3 mins & watch out for the excellent faceplant too

https://www.facebook.com/nTraiLtdhttps://twitter.com/nTrai1WHAT A FINISH!!To use this video in a commercial player or in broadcasts, please email licensing@s...
                                        Last edited by Dice75; 19-04-16, 17:34.

Comment

UCC from the depths of hell!! Brilliant commentating!

Comment

Jesus The Times has fallen...

I was interested in Japan, I went to Japan, it was different, I came home.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                              You have put luckforsome in a very awkward position.
                                              ...Ahem....Hi Peace, how are you today 😍😍😍...

Comment

Well yeah it was getting weird. I may take you up on that. I don't have a bf ...but the next one I am having checked!!!
                                                ...Ahem...Hi Peace, we've yet to be introduced...I'm Luckforsome...������

Comment

Pics first. I will reject him outright so think first!
                                                  ...Ladies first 😂😂😂...

Comment

Comment

Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I'm not being superior. I didn't know much about it until reading that.
                                                        nah I didn't mean you m8. Was a general trend.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                          Lloyd need to go begging for more Olympic funds for UCD. Fast forward to about 3 mins & watch out for the excellent faceplant too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVhjA...ature=youtu.be
                                                          peds.

thought the viper was commentating for a moment

Comment

McGregor retired ?

Comment

commentator says newcastle working their socks off and deserve the draw, 1 min before the goal and 4 mins ago he said they were awful

wp m8

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                McGregor retired ?
                                                                peds

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                  commentator says newcastle working their socks off and deserve the draw, 1 min before the goal and 4 mins ago he said they were awful

wp m8
                                                                  The City goal was one of the most basic offside decisions you'll see messed up by the linesman. How he messed that up I'll never know, he must have been looking at something in the crowd or something.

Comment

McGregor retired ?
                                                                    We either see a USADA report in the next day or two or else it's him acting the McGregor.

Comment

McGregor retired ?

Comment

McGregor retired ?
                                                                        Unless its medical, no chance.

Comment

i retire, im off to hollywood, give me more money, etc
                                                                          I'd actually have respect for the decision if he retires from fighting and sticks to it, like if it's 'fuck dying in a fight, I'm rich now.'

Comment

i retire, im off to hollywood, give me more money, etc
                                                                            I'd actually have respect for the decision if he retires from fighting and sticks to it, like if it's 'fuck dying in a fight, I'm rich now.'
                                                                            I agree. I'd love it if he did but he actually pulled out of a film to concentrate on his return to fight Diaz.

He's either proving a point to the UFC or bored off his nut in Iceland, where he arrived the other day to keep training.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                              I agree. I'd love it if he did but he actually pulled out of a film to concentrate on his return to fight Diaz.

He's either proving a point to the UFC or bored off his nut in Iceland, where he arrived the other day to keep training.
                                                                              It's not a great point though I'm sure it will have the desired effect.
                                                                              Maybe he got some results back and was told to stop getting hit in the head. Nate wrecked him.

Comment

Got one bite...

Kinda trolling but I do think it's an absolute yawnfest.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Following on from an earlier post about possibly getting a Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction class going just for IPB (what with all it's stressed parents and whatnot) I have put up a thread with some details to see how it goes:

Comment

It's not a great point though I'm sure it will have the desired effect.
                                                                                    Maybe he got some results back and was told to stop getting hit in the head. Nate wrecked him.
                                                                                    He wasn't ''wrecked'' at all m8. His cardio was shite and he went gung ho for a KO like an idiot. He got stunned and was submitted. He's taken hardly any damage in his career.

I'd be confident he isn't on drugs since he is massive for featherweight and makes the cut.

He's trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                      Just clicked on your Twitter, your sister in law's girlfriend gave birth to triplets!

Comment

looking at his tweets lately, he has clearly lost something.

'Conor McGregor ‏@TheNotoriousMMA Mar 27
                                                                                        Just a young free Irish man in his prime!
                                                                                        Shout out to the troops! #BabyWeDidIt'

The troops?

Comment

He wasn't ''wrecked'' at all m8. His cardio was shite and he went gung ho for a KO like an idiot. He got stunned and was submitted. He's taken hardly any damage in his career.

I'd be confident he isn't on drugs since he is massive for featherweight and makes the cut.

He's trolling.
                                                                                          probably so m8, but I was trolling you. Funny old game really.

Comment

probably so m8, but I was trolling you. Funny old game really.
                                                                                            I'm playing the long game of never giving you a bite which rattles you while you try rattle me.

I am WINNAH!

Comment

On the damage thing, what are you basing it on? I'd say it's very hard to judge, and impossible from just watching fights. Regardless, he has taken plenty of big punches and elbows to the head, it only takes one.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                Just clicked on your Twitter, your sister in law's girlfriend gave birth to triplets!
                                                                                                Yeah, just this morning. They came 9 weeks early which is standard enough for trips, plus their Mam is quite petite. Two girls and a boy.

Delighra.

Comment

On the damage thing, what are you basing it on? I'd say it's very hard to judge, and impossible from just watching fights. Regardless, he has taken plenty of big punches and elbows to the head, it only takes one.
                                                                                                  Perhaps seeing a man get killed in the ring at the weekend in front of him has made up his mind?

Comment

He doesn't train with top class strikers. He doesn't go down when hit. He doesn't slur his words. He finishes fights pretty quick or takes very little damage. He trains clever.

The couple of hard hits Mendes and Diaz landed will add up and take their toll soon possibly but right now he should still have a solid chin, don't know til his next fight but there is xero chance of him retiring because of that til he's been one punched KO'd a few times.

Comment

He didn't fight clever last time m8.

Comment

He didn't fight clever last time m8.
                                                                                                        ''Trains clever'' m8

Comment

Might be worth fighting clever too I reckon, unless he wants to get used to the taste of defeat.

Comment

Might be worth fighting clever too I reckon, unless he wants to get used to the taste of defeat.
                                                                                                            I'm sure it tastes fine with all those $$$ m8

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                              Perhaps seeing a man get killed in the ring at the weekend in front of him has made up his mind?
                                                                                                              Well shit, you have possibly nailed it.

Last edited by CHDad; 19-04-16, 20:12.

Comment

Shocking spelling on RTE news there unless I'm missing something.

The Belgian ambassador was speaking at a religious service and the RTE News caption read 'Amassdaor Belgium'. I did Google that spelling to see if it was a French/Dutch spelling of something but it appears to just be awful spelling.

Comment

To be a fly on Dana Whites office wall.

Comment

Hmmm, was hoping it was a hoax...maybe still is

Comment

Stunt, has to be.

Comment

...

Comment

Well shit, you have possibly nailed it.

Wel duh m8. Saw that when I googled it, how he watched some cunt die last week. Or watched him just before he died.

Said he was willing to die though, so, bit of a fanny tbf.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X