Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

think I am funking for the Windies here but if India don't make the final, there will no-one there bar a few boozy Engerland yobbos
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Sitting on a train to\from Drogheda wouldn't be the worst commute ever, assuming you worked near a station in Dublin. Get a seat, read a book, go to sleep....I could handle that.

Whereas driving from, say, Newbridge, would be an absolute killer
      Yeah, that's what my friend does. His annual mortgage is about the same as my monthly rent. Must be very relaxing to have such a big expense/part of your life sorted. I'd go mad living there though, too insular.

Comment

Spent over 20 years outside Dublin in Sligo and Galway, and now Dublin even feels way too small. Living in the country again would be hell. Sure it has it's ups, (I mean I love nature and all that, rent is similar to mortgage amount) but it has way more downs imo. Even living somewhere with a commute like Meath would be shit because your neighbours are all country backwards people and there is nothing to do apart from gossip with them about people up the road. Having a family would skew things towards that arrangement. I have a 15 minute commute to work and I feel that takes too much out of my day. Most people out there I know have huge houses and don't spent time in half of it, mostly they just try to out do each other. Some people are quite happy with it at work, they commute in from meath/kildare and have their family in the countryside - you'll never see them doing anything in town though. They are generally very self contained and only do family things.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
          Drogheda commuting time isn't really your issue there though

You're definitely right, it's frightening how much of my life I spend within a few square miles of Dublin.
          I'll give you the tour of Wicklow m8.

I'll show you some culchies, farms and some houses going for millions.

Comment

...I've signed up and paid for two people to do the Bray-Grey stones cliff run on Saturday... Not going now, so if anyone wants two free entries to this just pm...Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
              ...I've signed up and paid for two people to do the Bray-Grey stones cliff run on Saturday... Not going now, so if anyone wants two free entries to this just pm...Thanks...
              It's our destiny Denny.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                Some people are quite happy with it at work, they commute in from meath/kildare and have their family in the countryside - you'll never see them doing anything in town though. They are generally very self contained and only do family things.
                that is pretty normal Tar

Comment

I feel like moving out of the city = giving up on life

There's a lot more friction regarding going out, and there goes spontaneous weekday nights out
                  yeah, they aren't a worry for everyone
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

A guy here commutes from Thurles.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                      A guy here commutes from Thurles.
                      my old boss commuted from Belfast!

Comment

You're definitely right, it's frightening how much of my life I spend within a few square miles of Dublin.
                        You genuinely are missing out.

Comment

Some people are quite happy with it at work, they commute in from meath/kildare and have their family in the countryside - you'll never see them doing anything in town though. They are generally very self contained and only do family things.
                          Normally find at some stage they did an full-on Hitch on it, ended up trawling through the wife's purse at 6.30am covered in puke looking for loots to pay the €80 taxi fare after doing all the credit cards in Lapello's.....

Never let out again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                            Normally find at some stage they did an full-on Hitch on it, ended up trawling through the wife's purse at 6.30am covered in puke looking for loots to pay the €80 taxi fare after doing all the credit cards in Lapello's.....

Never let out again.
                            "that's it, we're moving to small town France"

Comment

Guy here drives from Cardiff each day, and back.

4 hours in the car.

Fuck that.

Comment

I commute in from Kildare, by far the biggest benefit of shift work is avoiding city traffic, there are a few who work with us that come in from Drogheda area, 3 different forms of transport to get to and from work everyday, sounds horrible, I don't know how they do it.

Comment

that is pretty normal Tar
                                  I think it's time to start avoiding wimmen

Comment

I think it's time to start avoiding wimmen
                                    probably for the best

Comment

Following our recent trip to Galway and catching a bit of the food festival MrsV has signed us for a weekly organic veggie/fruit box from these guys.

We used to go to a farmers markets pretty regularly but that doesn't happen now and these guys are definitely cheaper. Since we like to eat lots of fruit and veg and the delivery is going to happen on a Saturday morning early when we are pretty much always home I'm hopeful that it's a service that will work out.

Anyway just thought I'd link to it in case anyone here is interested.
                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I feel like moving out of the city = giving up on life

There's a lot more friction regarding going out, and there goes spontaneous weekday nights out
                                        Random yanks pouring drinks over ya etc tis brutal.

Comment

Get on yer motorbikes , 20 minutes from town to Co Dublin even in rush hour. If stuck in a car. Audio books or muzak.

I heard TXFM is going off the air. Fkkk that .

Comment

think I am funking for the Windies here but if India don't make the final, there will no-one there bar a few boozy Engerland yobbos
                                            Pitches throwing up quare variance!

3.5 windies might be a bet

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                              Pitches throwing up quare variance!

3.5 windies might be a bet

Kohli is unreal in this format, hard to see WI chasing 190+

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                Took a couple of photos around town last night. Photography company coming closer to fruition too

SPOILER
                                                That pic of Toner's is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                  Took a couple of photos around town last night. Photography company coming closer to fruition too

SPOILER
                                                  Do you do much post stuff in Lightroom ? Any handy online tutorials ?
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                    That pic of Toner's is great.
                                                    Apparently Shaggy is playing there tonight, for free.

Comment

Kohli is unreal in this format, hard to see WI chasing 190+
                                                      Ya unless gayle gets going early. Kohli ruined my joe root bet will get a place the win looks impossible now

Comment

I'm looking in the opposite direction of most of you. Working in Galway on €30k which is quite comfortable for a single, mid 20s renting at €350/month. The issue for me is job progression opportunities are quite limited here especially in my industry. Dublin has been on my mind a lot the last year but it would solely be a career move. I think I need to explore options outside of Ireland more...

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                          Ya unless gayle gets going early. Kohli ruined my joe root bet will get a place the win looks impossible now
                                                          Got going real early!

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                            I'll give you the tour of Wicklow m8.

I'll show you some culchies, farms and some houses going for millions.
                                                            Can I get the DART?

Comment

10 minute commute.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                10 minute commute.
                                                                25 but there's 15 minutes of walking in that

Comment

Transdev fire a shot!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                    Another news article incorrectly stating that an 18% pay rise was offered.
                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I do hope that when they come to a solution eventually that it would include this odious measure of having new staff come in on shittier terms than the old staff have.

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                      Yeah it's pretty clear that the reporting of the proposal has been deliberate lies to make the LUAS staff look worse, although I think the terms they've been offered are more than generous (excepting the tiered pay thing).

Comment

Love my commute, 30-45 minutes on a bus, good time to listen to some music and wake myself up.
                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

25 minute walk along the beach to work.

Comment

Long commutes to work generally are fine in the mornings, but it's the getting home is a grim feeling sometimes.

I had a 75 minute commute to work in London before (Clapham to West Ealing) and the mornings were ok because you woke yourself up. Evenings were torture though with it sometimes taking 90 mins+

Comment

Can I get the DART?
                                                                              Of course. We have trains, buses and quality roads.

You'll probably get dizzy on the fresh air m8. You should do the Wild Atlantic Way for a holiday m8. Fall in love with Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                ha!
                                                                                They had a No Strike bonus.
                                                                                They went on strike and so lost that bonus.
                                                                                The pay offer offers them that bonus back.

That is a payrise! Money that they were not going to get (due to their strike) is now being made available again!

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                  25 minute walk along the beach to work.
                                                                                  Winner.
                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                    Love my commute, 30-45 minutes on a bus, good time to listen to some music and wake myself up.
                                                                                    Cycle Eamon as you were looking for tips on losing weight being healthier.

Comment

...
                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...
                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                          Got going real early!
                                                                                          Some joke had best batsman bet on him18/1 first game scores a century rested then scores4 tested scores 4 again. Had kawaja and guptil who was also rested. Kohlis last two big innings ruined a great position.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                            Of course. We have trains, buses and quality roads.

You'll probably get dizzy on the fresh air m8. You should do the Wild Atlantic Way for a holiday m8. Fall in love with Ireland.
                                                                                            Part of my problem is I never learned how to drive.

Comment

Part of my problem is I never learned how to drive.
                                                                                              serious handicap in Ireland, in continental Europe you would generally get away with it

Comment

What's a commute?

Comment

serious handicap in Ireland, in continental Europe you would generally get away with it
                                                                                                  It's grand 95%+ of the time, everything I need is within walking distance. It's just that I can't holiday around the Ring of Kerry or w/e.

Comment

It's grand 95%+ of the time, everything I need is within walking distance. It's just that I can't holiday around the Ring of Kerry or w/e.
                                                                                                    I will personally chauffeur you if you ever decide to visit. Genuine offer.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                      I will personally chauffeur you if you ever decide to visit. Genuine offer.
                                                                                                      I'll bring Chadly, we can play live WW.

Comment

I'll bring Chadly, we can play live WW.
                                                                                                        Do. I've already told Rigger I would take him. Make a weekend of it. I'll mod

Comment

Some joke had best batsman bet on him18/1 first game scores a century rested then scores4 tested scores 4 again. Had kawaja and guptil who was also rested. Kohlis last two big innings ruined a great position.
                                                                                                          32 off 18, should be easy now for WI

Comment

still got it

dot, dot, dot

Comment

still got it

dot, dot, dot
                                                                                                              lol

fielder managers to flick the boundary while touching it back to another one

Comment

Wow Simmonds

Comment

Wow Simmonds
                                                                                                                  Is he Phil's young lad?

Comment

Came down with something tue night, shivers, sweat, shivers, aches, sore to eat or drink and all the rest of that crap.

I text my roommate yesterday around lunchtime to ask him to grab some tylenol and food on the way home as I hadn't got out of bed since the morning and there's nothing here. No reply. Sound bud.

He comes home anyway, doesn't even stick the head in to see if I'm alright.

I'm then sleeping yesterday eve and I wake to hear him clanging around the kitchen cooking dinner, genuinely expected him to ask if I wanted some as I always ask him when Im cooking. Nothing.

Am I being precious or is he a cunt? He's Canadian. Genuinely believe that if I lived with Irish people it'd be a whole different story. We're just better.
                                                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Cycle Eamon as you were looking for tips on losing weight being healthier.
                                                                                                                      Yeah I thought about it, but the thoughts of having to use the scaldy staff shower before work at 5/6/7 in the morning added with the shite weather puts me right off, I dont wake up till halfway on the bus. Ill stick to the gym and swimming pool for now i think.

I'm moving to 9-5 soon and summer weather (haha) maybe I'll revisit it. It would be an easier way to keep fit, cant put off exercise if its your way home.
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                        Came down with something tue night, shivers, sweat, shivers, aches, sore to eat or drink and all the rest of that crap.

I text my roommate yesterday around lunchtime to ask him to grab some tylenol and food on the way home as I hadn't got out of bed since the morning and there's nothing here. No reply. Sound bud.

He comes home anyway, doesn't even stick the head in to see if I'm alright.

I'm then sleeping yesterday eve and I wake to hear him clanging around the kitchen cooking dinner, genuinely expected him to ask if I wanted some as I always ask him when Im cooking. Nothing.

Am I being precious or is he a cunt? He's Canadian. Genuinely believe that if I lived with Irish people it'd be a whole different story. We're just better.
                                                                                                                        nah, he's a cunt

Comment

Wow Simmonds
                                                                                                                          Unreal knock seeing as he was supposed to miss whole tourney with a back injury. Wankhede his home stadium in ipl but a superb performance. West Indies missing best bowler narine well played.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X