X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
    Last I checked Winning! was winning it
    He won it!
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      On a pure 'feel'; the valuation of Netflix seems ridiculously low. Worth $42bn and here's a company that will probably be eventually extracting a tenner a month from maybe 20% of the Western World for the rest of time.
      That's probably their potential alright, but surely valuation is based on current performance. They don't get to realize that value until they get the customers. Their infrastructure probably couldn't handle it right now.

Also, subscribers is only one side of it. They also have massive spending to actually keeping the ball rolling.
      Their 2015 revenue was $6b.
      Their forecast for spending on content for 2016 is $6b also.
      It's a deep pockets game, but don't be thinking subscriptions x $10 = the money on titties.

A handy netflix trick with your young kids: turn the language to whatever and the kids will start speaking it. Someone in work was saying they just showed Japanese shows to their three year old for a few months for no reason except shits-n-giggles, and the kid (Italian) started coming out with all these arigatos, sayounaras rather rapidly in her daily chat.
      That sounds like a great way to screw a child up a little, or build a little polyglot.

While we are on the Netflox topic. The GF downloaded a free app to her iphone, CinemaBox. Basically a free streaming app. Coupled with the Chromecast, it's basically a mini-free netflix. HD quality, current cinema movies, current YV shows, making a murderer etc

Comment

Photo credit: Jim Bartsch Hugh Hefner's Playboy Mansion has hit the market with a list price of $200 million, making it the most expensive completed home currently for sale in the U.S. The nearly 20,000-square-foot mansion is on five acres in Holmby Hills, a neighborhood that together with Bel Air and Beverly [...]

ipb whip around
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
          Last I checked Winning! was winning it
          Originally posted by White Knight View Post
          No but IPB'er just took it down. Nice touch.
          Yeah delighted for him. Deal discussions broke down heads up so he just went ahead and shipped it anyway. Told Nick O Hara from about 3 tables out that he would win it but the fool didn't believe me 😁

Comment

I've posted numerous photos here over the last while but today I made a video for a change. Only constraint I set myself was to limit it to 15secs both for ease of editing and to upload it to instagram. Never done it before so lots to learn.

A quick video of the 28th of March 2016 in Dublin, Ireland.
            The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Another thing that strikes me when staring at this upside map is that the continents seem to be formed like stalagmites but when looking at the winner picker sheep version map there is no way you'd think about stalactites.

Comment

Internet is a crazy place.

I've a PM from the werewolf/mafia game world championship organiser looking for our community to get involved. Will read it properly later and post up details

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post

I've a PM from the werewolf/mafia game world championship organiser looking for our community to get involved. Will read it properly later and post up details
                  Let him know I appreciate the compliment.

Comment

Greg opens as fav vs Diaz. Nice bit of free money. Unless he is paid to take a dive which would setup a third fight nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                      Greg opens as fav vs Diaz. Nice bit of free money. Unless he is paid to take a dive which would setup a third fight nicely.
                      Take Diaz now, take McGregor when he is the dog.
                      Freeroll your way to vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                        Here is a little poem I've written for you to enjoy. Written by and and from the perspective of my personal ageing hard drive - my brain. Enjoy.

LSC - CPU, Version 2.2.Three

death by info, head asplode,
                        404. please re-load
                        F5...F5...hoping to save face
                        ERROR: Low Disk Space

This is genuinely brilliant
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                          Pulled a milf about 4 levels above me on the social scale last night and now she wants to come down and meet me in the pub I'm in for a drink. Stressing here trying to remember what shite I filled her with last night to go off with an ugly bald fella. Bitch had a 6 pack!
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Old school plane hijacking going on...
                            EgyptAir plane has been hijacked flying from Alexandria to Cairo, and has landed in Cyprus
                            The plane landed at Larnaca airport, and that a suspected bomb is on board.

ruh roh

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                              EgyptAir plane has been hijacked flying from Alexandria to Cairo, and has landed in Cyprus
                              The plane landed at Larnaca airport, and that a suspected bomb is on board]
                              'twould make you nostalgic for the cuddly terrorists of yesteryear.

Black September, the Red Army Faction, the Baader-Meinhof Gang don't seem so bad now. Plus they had way cooler names; Carlos the Jackal, The Border Fox. These Islamist lads have no sense of style.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                'twould make you nostalgic for the cuddly terrorists of yesteryear.

Black September, the Red Army Faction, the Baader-Meinhof Gang don't seem so bad now. Plus they had way cooler names; Carlos the Jackal, The Border Fox. These Islamist lads have no sense of style.
                                The following people are to be released from their captors: In Northern Ireland, the seven members of the New Provo Front. In Canada, the five imprisoned leaders of Liberte de Quebec. In Sri Lanka, the nine members of the Asian Dawn movement...

Comment

The following people are to be released from their captors: In Northern Ireland, the seven members of the New Provo Front. In Canada, the five imprisoned leaders of Liberte de Quebec. In Sri Lanka, the nine members of the Asian Dawn movement...
                                  Plus ten million in cash and safe passage to Beiruit....

You could make movies about those lads

Comment

Plus ten million in cash and safe passage to Beiruit....

You could make movies about those lads
                                    I believe they may have already

Comment

Probably looking to recruit Honda!

Comment

The plane landed at Larnaca airport, and that a suspected bomb is on board.

ruh roh

This guy now reporting its an Egyptian who was trying to deliver a letter to his Ex GF in Cyprus.

Scenes.

Comment

Peppa update. Resident clever clogs finds lizard lying on its back. Dispatch emergency call to vet. Vet arrives and tip lizard back on its legs. Cured. Resident clever clogs not a bit embarrassed .

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                            That's probably their potential alright, but surely valuation is based on current performance. They don't get to realize that value until they get the customers. Their infrastructure probably couldn't handle it right now.

Also, subscribers is only one side of it. They also have massive spending to actually keeping the ball rolling.
                                            Their 2015 revenue was $6b.
                                            Their forecast for spending on content for 2016 is $6b also.
                                            It's a deep pockets game, but don't be thinking subscriptions x $10 = the money on titties.

That sounds like a great way to screw a child up a little, or build a little polyglot.

While we are on the Netflox topic. The GF downloaded a free app to her iphone, CinemaBox. Basically a free streaming app. Coupled with the Chromecast, it's basically a mini-free netflix. HD quality, current cinema movies, current YV shows, making a murderer etc
                                            I have something similar. I have showbox on my tablet and phone and the app allcast and it does the same job. So handy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                              This guy now reporting its an Egyptian who was trying to deliver a letter to his Ex GF in Cyprus.

Scenes.
                                              That couldn't be more Egyptian if you wrapped up the demand in papyrus from his cousin's papyrus museum and delivered it in a 35 year old peugeot
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

AP: Cyprus President Nicos Anastasiades says Egypt plane hijacking not related to "terrorism"
                                                Egyptian Foreign Ministry on EgyptAir hijacker: 'He's not a terrorist, he's an idiot'.
                                                Local Police: Marina, the Samaha ex, will participate in the negotiations.

Comment

Its basically just a small step up from throwing pebbles at her window whilst slurring 'I fuckin love you' and singing the song that was playing when you met.

Comment

I blame Demis Roussos

Tis all Greek to me
                                                    Last edited by Solskjaer; 29-03-16, 09:20.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                      Its basically just a small step up from throwing pebbles at her window whilst slurring 'I fuckin love you' and singing the song that was playing when you met.

Comment

Scenes.
                                                        Didn't an Irish lad do something similar in the 70s,hijacked a plane and one of his demands was for the 3rd secret of Fatima to be released. Think he did it as a protest against all the religious nonsense that was going on at the time,pretty much got away with it,Albert Reynolds was one of the negotiators. Not sure if I saw that on TV or if it was just a dream
                                                        Last edited by Guest; 29-03-16, 09:43.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                          Didn't an Irish lad do something similar in the 70s,hijacked a plane and one of his demands was for the 3rd secret of Fatima to be released. Think he did it as a protest against all the religious nonsense that was going on at the time,pretty much got away with it,Albert Reynolds was one of the negotiators. Not sure if I saw that on TV or if it was just a dream
                                                          Yep dreamed the part about him getting away with it and not being a mentalist. The rest was right

Comment

Shite, just realised the birth of little miss has caused me to miss my end of year in the taxes and my digital cert expired 3 fucking days ago.
                                                            In true irish fashion, it takes two weeks for a new cert as you can only renew it before it expires

Comment

Scenes.
                                                              More delays in Airport Security to follow - bags will have to go through one check for metals/explosives etc,, and then a separate one for other red-signal items like valentines cards etc...

Comment

Does any body know what happens if you leave work with out notice ? Does it affect your annual leave that's owed to you or if I gave notice and got a doctor's note for the 2 weeks would I be ok ?
                                                                “The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.”

Comment

This article is fairly grim reading. Definetly on their radar I'd say,ultimately people will adjust to groups of less then 100 being randomly slaughtered in various European cities every couple of montjs.,what's next? How many nuclear power plants is there in belgium\france\uk?
                                                                  Belgian authorities fear that Islamic State militants may try to attack, infiltrate or sabotage nuclear plants or obtain nuclear or radioactive material.

At the same plant where these jihadists once worked, an individual who has yet to be identified walked into the reactor No. 4 in 2014, turned a valve and drained 65,000 liters of oil used to lubricate the turbines. The ensuing friction nearly overheated the machinery, forcing it to be shut down. The damage was so severe that the reactor was out of commission for five months.
                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 29-03-16, 11:39.

Comment

Anyone know anywhere you can try the occulus rift in Dublin?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                      Involved this classic exchange on the Tarmac of Dublin airport between a BBC Reporter and then Minister for Transport Albert Reynolds (surrounded by cronies):

BBC Reporter: what were his demands?
                                                                      Reynolds: he demanded that the 3rd secret of Fatima be released
                                                                      BBC Reporter: (shocked) what on earth is that?
                                                                      Reynolds cronies: guffaws
                                                                      Reynolds: (smiling)...it's a religious thing
                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

My Dark Listening Nightmare

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                        oooh Nelly....

He "lost" the keys of the flat when he apparently moved back in last night

Told him retrace his steps

"I have 100 times", he rings the agent, tells them keys lost and he is moving out, urgent, locks need replacing etc

I go into bathroom and stand on the keys

FUCKWIT!

Most akward goodbye ever followed, where I gave him the good luck handshake and he then stood at the door for 2 minutes

He still has keys!

I'm sleeping with a knife!
                                                                        Update (as I know some of ye are seeing me as the new eastenders):

He is still living here somehow

He moved out for the second time, I went to work, when I got home, he had moved back in!

May have to get Hotspur to make a guest appearance on the show as this poor fuck needs some help!

Boat race was bananas, I'm absolutely fucked!
                                                                        Garden based pub!
                                                                        Hailstones, thunder, lighting, driving rain & sunshine

31K net!
                                                                        Christ knows what we would have made if it was a nice day

oooh and C-Kid, you're a cunt!

SPOILER
                                                                        Spent all day yesterday listening to Kanye West and I hold him directly responsible!
                                                                        What kind of shite are you going to have me listening to next?

Buy it Now! http://idj.to/wttitunesMusic video by Jay-Z & Kanye West performing No Church In The Wild feat. Frank Ocean & The-Dream. © 2012 Roc-A-Fella Recor...

Comment

The 3rd secret of fatima had to be moved to Dolphin house during the demolition . I think he was the illegitimate child of the Archbishop of Dublin. Not sure who the other two were.

Comment

Heading to Budapest Friday week, will ask for some more advice next week but for now question on currency.

Plan on using my Revolut card but wanna have about 100euro worth of cash for taxi, tips etc. Heard they take Euro but am i better off getting some Hungarian Forint? Usually use https://www.no1currency.ie for small amounts to cash as its handy to order online and collect. Advice appreciated.

Comment

Kayroo explained

All to do with arousal.

Comment

...
                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

This hijack thing has me in hysterics all day

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                    This hijack thing has me in hysterics all day
                                                                                    this made me laugh

The foreign ministry of Cyprus said after the hijack was over that the perpetrator was “psychologically unstable”. Officials at the foreign ministry in Egypt were more blunt: “He’s not a terrorist, he’s an idiot.”

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                      this made me laugh

The foreign ministry of Cyprus said after the hijack was over that the perpetrator was “psychologically unstable”. Officials at the foreign ministry in Egypt were more blunt: “He’s not a terrorist, he’s an idiot.”
                                                                                      Yeah I started to feel bad when Zod posted a selfie one of the hostages took with him a while ago because at that point the guy can only be unwell, but man alive did I guffaw at the selfie regardless.

Comment

Kayroo explained

All to do with arousal.
                                                                                        You can go and suck my dangling modifier...
                                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                          Yeah I started to feel bad when Zod posted a selfie one of the hostages took with him a while ago because at that point the guy can only be unwell, but man alive did I guffaw at the selfie regardless.
                                                                                          When the hostages strolled off at a leisurely pace you could tell something wasn't right, that selfie is too funny though
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Was thinking about opening signups for a new game. Should I hold off until this new development is made public?

Edit: Never mind, just seen the thread.
                                                                                            Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 29-03-16, 15:10.
                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Start up the new game m8

Comment

My Nexus 5 is fucked, what should I get next, I'm thinking about the 1+1x is there anything better out there around that price range
                                                                                                48

Comment

Is there interest in an Aintree tipping comp? Same as the Cheltenham version.

Thank this post as an expression of interest and if we get 10+, I'll set it up.

Comment

Is there interest in an Aintree tipping comp? Same as the Cheltenham version.

Thank this post as an expression of interest and if we get 10+, I'll set it up.
                                                                                                    Build it and they will come
                                                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

If I knew anything about football, I'd say that Ward lad is shite. Looks all over the shop.

Comment

Hes really bad

Comment

Hes really bad
                                                                                                          Having said that, post negative comment, get two penalties in two minutes. Still got it.

Comment

Golden age of Wicklow football with 2 lads on the pitch.

Comment

Being AP on after the match

Comment

Cyrus Christie always impresses. Pity we are stacked at rb and have a striker from Bohemians at left back.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Golden age of Wicklow football with 2 lads on the pitch.

Comment

One puts it past the other for the own goal

Comment

he's a silly cunt, but he's our silly cunt

hard to imagine we thought he was gonna be the next mcgrath at one stage

Comment

he's a silly cunt, but he's our silly cunt

hard to imagine we thought he was gonna be the next mcgrath at one stage
                                                                                                                          Last edited by DeadParrot; 29-03-16, 20:03. Reason: twice the mcshane, what's not to love?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X