Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Day 30 for 30 could be good. Not release date that I can see. Although I noticed I have a nice few 30 for 30s to catch up on now
    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
      So who's playing the €25k SHR game in the RDS this afternoon?

Line on over/under Irish players at 1?
      im selling at 2.5 mark up for it, will i put you down for 10% ?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
        ha @that article, matcha has been the new big thing for about a decade now. Think it's all just a marketing campaign by a guy that's invested in it.

Tastes like seaweed afaicr
        It's 30 odd quid for a tiny tin. Do u think it might be a, waste of money? taste wouldn't bother me if in nutri bullet
        Last edited by SatNav; 12-02-16, 12:49.
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
          urine danger of starting a pun war
          a poo-n war
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

meanwhile my cat is tripping balls because she was near some bleach, the mere hint of it and she goes mental

Comment

Solid editorial
              Search Trees grow on money but also on scientific advice Fascism thrives on climate breakdown TIME Deathly conspiracy The ‘omerta’ around CRH described in June’s Village extends to its liability for Mica One out of nine Mulholland Drivel Neither window nor mirror, more the national vase The Brendan O’Connor Show: revisiting analysis of RTÉ’s Newspaper […]

This edition of Village explores at length the extent to which the coalition government delivered on its Programme for Government. It’s a fair test and it shows that, beyond economic stability, the Government has been a disappointment.

Labour certainly does not have the Fine Gael appeal of consistency. It never does what its manifestos promise. Worse, a number of its senior TDs have allowed themselves to appear smug and ideologically jaded or even, in Alan Kelly’s case, dangerous. Because of the elasticity of its conscience Labour has long attracted the wrong type of representatives.

Fianna Fáil is tainted by its reckless past and the incoherence of its platform. It believes serving the people and business in equal measure is viable. It has learnt little beyond the need to regulate the banks.

Sinn Féin’s commitment to a Left agenda is unclear bearing in mind its defining preference for irredentist nationalism over ideology, its governing strategy in the North and its willingness to coalesce with Fianna Fáil. Its performance at local-authority level is not impressive or particularly leftist. It is cultist, and ambivalent about democracy and transparency, and its leaders lie casually about its, and particularly its leader Gerry Adams’, past.

Renua seems like a somehow unendearing chip off Fine Gael’s Christian Democratic block, with a penchant for propriety.

The Independent Alliance (dubbed Shane Féin) is utterly incoherent of policy and membership. If ex-stockbroker Mr Ross and turfcutter Michael Fitzmaurice ever breathed an atom of the same political air, Village cannot imagine where it was.

Village has a weakness for the Social Democrats, whose mild platform is essentially the same as Labour’s, though strangely more pro-business, but whose small membership is more prepossessing. Its antipathy to water taxes is expedient but regrettable.

The radical Left offers the huge appeal of integrity and seriousness but its opposition to property taxes is inexcusable, and its focus on opposition to water taxes rather than a broader anti-inequality platform, including opposition to the iniquities of Nama, corruption and the resurrection of the developer classes has sold its revolutionary ideology short.

The Green Party’s policies are often radical, and its agenda mature, but it is not hard-minded and it achieved so little in the last government that it is difficult to be enthusiastic.

The non-ideological, non-visionary parties of the pragmatic centre hold little appeal, even when mitigated by somewhat more thoughtful ones.

A coalition of the parties of the left, radical left and the Greens would, as always, best promote Village’s agenda, if no doubt imperfectly.

Comment

Pretty good comment re FG in the comments section of an IT article. Describes the likes of John Bruton and Peter Sutherland (ugh) to a tee

At a basic, subconscious level they don't believe it's (Ireland) a proper country the way France or the US are proper countries. They consider it a kind of romantic indulgence, not something serious people stand up for. A slight embarrassment, to be honest. They'll represent it the way a solicitor represents his client. Yeah, it's kind of his job, but bottom line is he doesn't really care because he lives in the same neighbourhood as the judge and the prosecutor, so in the end, he'll always advise his client to roll over

Comment

one for the horsehead elite. This is a sweet deal for a sweet wine

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

http://www.tesco.com/wine/product/de...4622639&sc_cmp
                    Texco is selling d'Yquem now? holy jaysis

Comment

http://www.tesco.com/wine/product/de...4622639&sc_cmp
                      Had no idea Tesco did high end stuff like that.
                      Now THIS could be a great weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        Texco is selling d'Yquem now? holy jaysis
                        it's crazy! and it's a ridic good deal. French websites are all quoting that bottle at a minimum of twice the price!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                          So they're all a cunchabunts

Comment

Is anyone in a position to advise about Fedex. I don't use them, have a login account but no account number. American company instead of sending me a DVD of a therapy training decided to send me a Spanish copy of one of their books instead So they posted me a return package with all the Fedex labels, documents, pouch, and envelope.

I don't know how to send it. I had thought I could pop to one of 3 listed Dublin places that has Fedex drop off facilities, but no dice, tried today but it doesn't work that way with the company I went to (would have to be using their service or something blah blah).

So does anyone know if I need an account number to arrange a pick up? Or will I have to pay for the pick up?

Why am I asking here like a fool? Well. Fedex are quite remarkable in this respect I have discovered. At one point I was typing a question into support chat only to discover it was an automated service that wanted me to write a less lengthy question with better keywords.

Then I found the actual chat service, wrote a few questions out and clicked it. Waited until I thought an agent might appear, it just came up that the question was cancelled as there was no-one available i.e. fuck off, you can't even wait for someone.

Ring up and they have cleverly made it that there are no options for me to ask the questions that I need to ask.

And their site is so confusing. I can't even figure out how to get an account number, not that I want one.

Some shower, and I have wasted over an hour of my life for something that has a $20 value. I feel obligated to send it back to the company though.

Any helpers?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                              Pretty good comment re FG in the comments section of an IT article. Describes the likes of John Bruton and Peter Sutherland (ugh) to a tee

At a basic, subconscious level they don't believe it's (Ireland) a proper country the way France or the US are proper countries. They consider it a kind of romantic indulgence, not something serious people stand up for. A slight embarrassment, to be honest. They'll represent it the way a solicitor represents his client. Yeah, it's kind of his job, but bottom line is he doesn't really care because he lives in the same neighbourhood as the judge and the prosecutor, so in the end, he'll always advise his client to roll over
                              Thats a fairly good description of how I feel about our banana republic, its really only an acceptable entity because of its being subsumed into a greater european project. If that were ever to fall apart we simply do not have what it takes to make a modern state. If you doubt me for reference look at Ireland up to the mid eighties.
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Did you try the mailbox place on Lombard Street? Have never used them for Fedex but have dropped off things for UPS there. UPS are equally as infuriating to try and contact.

Comment

C'mon Willie, you can do better than that
                                  Ah here I was just squeesing out a quick one . I'LL keep a lid on it from now on .

Comment

Euro 2016 tickets dropping.
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                      Did you try the mailbox place on Lombard Street? Have never used them for Fedex but have dropped off things for UPS there. UPS are equally as infuriating to try and contact.

http://www.mbe.co.uk/irelanddublinlo.../fedex_courier
                                      Yeah that's where I went. She told me I couldn't do that. Thanks anyway.

Comment

The missus thought she was having a heart attack at 2 this morning bungled her and the kid into the car and off to A n E for the night . Took the kid home to bed . She had a few tests done . No heart attack . I'm having one though. No further comment .

Comment

Off to RDS for a few pints/cash/Dublin Cup if anyones about for a pint or grub, shout

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                            Saw them and was dying to try it on my cat and had the video at the ready. Uploaded it there to youtube to share the hilarity with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCE4YHsld3k

Maybe I should've removed the wrapper!
                                            Tony did it a while back with our cats and they were the same. Turned, looked then went back to eating! One is only kitten as well.

Comment

Off to RDS for a few pints/cash/Dublin Cup if anyones about for a pint or grub, shout
                                              Would love to but i'LL be at the last Waltz this evening (hmmm ironic name) good luck to the Irish lads playing this .

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

it's crazy! and it's a ridic good deal. French websites are all quoting that bottle at a minimum of twice the price!

Buy in massive bulk
                                                  sell direct from warehouse
                                                  add a bit of glamour to a very tired brand
                                                  Profit!

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                  Tony did it a while back with our cats and they were the same. Turned, looked then went back to eating! One is only kitten as well.
                                                  The videos of cats going nuts from countries where St Patrick didn't do his magic act?

And/Or plastic wrapper still on may have an effect!?

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                    The missus thought she was having a heart attack at 2 this morning bungled her and the kid into the car and off to A n E for the night . Took the kid home to bed . She had a few tests done . No heart attack . I'm having one though. No further comment .
                                                    She farted yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                      My friend messaged me to say her boyfriend had a heart attack the other day, she herself was away on business overnight and he was alone with their 6 year old. Scary stuff. She called an ambulance because he said he was fine and thankfully she did the paramedics said. They took the little one out the way and got her settled with a neighbour before leaving the house.

An extremely healthy and fit fireman as well and only about 46.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                        Buy in massive bulk
                                                        sell direct from warehouse
                                                        add a bit of glamour to a very tired brand
                                                        Profit!

The videos of cats going nuts from countries where St Patrick didn't do his magic act?

And/Or plastic wrapper still on may have an effect!?
                                                        Ours wasn't in a wrapper.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                            Yeah? So there would have been an email by this stage if you got tickets?
                                                            Nope, take money first, send emails later seems to be the way they are doing it.

Comment

An extremely healthy and fit fireman as well
                                                              Pics
                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Yeah? So there would have been an email by this stage if you got tickets?
                                                                  No mail yet, just pending transactions on the card you logged.

edit: As AJ said.
                                                                  Last edited by oleras; 12-02-16, 15:10.
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Anyone ever used or heard anything about varifocal contact lenses?

I don't need lenses for reading or computer, just use them going out etc and it's the same with glasses, always losing them as I take them off to cook and to read and browse. I *heard* about lenses that might solve this but not sure if they would work?

I hate it when I am out wearing lenses and have to look at a menu or anything, can't read it. always been the same.

Comment

I don't need lenses for reading or computer, just use them going out etc and it's the same with glasses, always losing them as I take them off to cook and to read and browse. I *heard* about lenses that might solve this but not sure if they would work?

I hate it when I am out wearing lenses and have to look at a menu or anything, can't read it. always been the same.
                                                                      A piece of string is what you need.
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                        She farted yet?
                                                                        Many times but I didn't notice anything different last night.
                                                                        She was the only one in A n E not covered in blood . A reallife Tom and Mary bleeding from different wounds . Tallaght Hospital, they are all saints there.

Comment

Bausch and Lomb make them. The marketing stuff makes them sound decent but I've never tried them (no reason to thankfully). You optician probably has some samples.
                                                                          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

So who's playing the €25k SHR game in the RDS this afternoon?

Line on over/under Irish players at 1?
                                                                            42 runners at the moment, go on give it a bash.
                                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

None of the 4 people whose bank accounts I have used have any pending transactions. Fucking run bad or what!

edit: 4 of us wanting to go, all applied and we would have cancelled others if 1 of us got it. 0/4 though
                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                A piece of string is what you need.
                                                                                I don't want to wear glasses! And I'm not that old yet lol. Same age as yourself I think

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                  42 runners at the moment, go on give it a bash.
                                                                                  43. Im on the rail begging buyins!

Comment

I don't want to wear glasses! And I'm not that old yet lol. Same age as yourself I think
                                                                                    Only a young wan so.

They work like bi-focal glasses, near and far at the same time using 2 different axis for the power required, kinda cool the way the sit on your eye, The blinking motion pulls the lens into position and keeps it there because a part of the lens is thicker.

I don't wear them myself but as bp said, optician would have samples to try.
                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Anyone here read mccoys erotica? seems a laugh
                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

43. Im on the rail begging buyins!
                                                                                        48 now.
                                                                                        Last edited by tylerdurden94; 12-02-16, 16:08.

Comment

Catching up on the Leaders' Debate there. It's pretty much unwatchable.

Comment

Fucking 3 have some racket going onm with UK data roaming.
                                                                                            They sell you a €2 per day add on to 'Roam like home' but you have to manually select the UK 3 network. If you happen to hit another network you will be charged 20c per Mb
                                                                                            Cunce
                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                              They sell you a €2 per day add on to 'Roam like home' but you have to manually select the UK 3 network. If you happen to hit another network you will be charged 20c per Mb
                                                                                              Cunce
                                                                                              that's purely 3 ireland. For me i can go anywhere in Europe and not even worry about it as i get 4gb of roaming data.

same for fair usage, i saw 3 ireland have a fair usage of 15GB for an unlimited plan. In the UK my fair usage is 1TB

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                Cunce
                                                                                                I was in the US recently and they have no agreement with any US carriers. They offer no roaming bundles or anything to offer some sort of deal. It's a flat rate of €5.04/mb from the minute you step off the plane. Extortion.

Comment

That's all changing by June of this year. One rate across the EU. Fuck them.
                                                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Sunderland finally after getting rid of Johnson
                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                      24 hours ago

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                        24 hours ago
                                                                                                        BBV is my normally the source of my news to be honest and nobody mentioned it while I was sober at least so shame on all of you. Didn't he just score at the weekend too? Sunderland looking more fucked
                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

The difference in some bookies is incredible though, I was looking for a fun acca for the weekend for tiny money to gamble on and picked out these 6

Peterborough - Nottingham Forest - Exeter - Port Vale - Cambridge Utd - Southampton

Just over 314/1 on bet365 and just under 216/1 on pp. Fucking €98 difference for every €1 bet, even when pp lose they fucking win the smart fuckers.
                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                            Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                            24 hours ago
                                                                                                            Yeah few jokes doing the rounds too.

"Adidas messed up by cancelling his contract. Would have been marketing genius having him run around in a pair of predator boots."

"Johnson is interested in a move to Man United after he heard they have players Young Blind and Keane"

Etc.

Comment

...

Comment

While were on heart related matters, I had a bit of chest pain last weekend and ended up in port Laois hosp Tues. Despite being 3 months off the fags, walking 5km 3-4 times a week and eating more veg than Tar ended up needing a couple of stents inserted this morning.

Mrs Horatio said it was an extraordinary length to go to in order to get out of Valentine's!

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                                                  While were on heart related matters, I had a bit of chest pain last weekend and ended up in port Laois hosp Tues. Despite being 3 months off the fags, walking 5km 3-4 times a week and eating more veg than Tar ended up needing a couple of stents inserted this morning.

Mrs Horatio said it was an extraordinary length to go to in order to get out of Valentine's!

Jaysus, you've had a tough time of it lately. Hopefully this will be the last drama for you for a while?

Comment

Starting off our babysitting night off in a rum bar that's in the Guinness Book of Records for most types of rums in a bar, then onto the number one winebar in the city. where the guy handpicks the most ridiculously unique wines, then on to a pub that specialises in retro arcade games - has just filled the pub with as many machines as they can fit in their rather large premises to be washed down with retro cocktails. What could possibly go wrong?
                                                                                                                    You don't babysit! you are a parent. babysitters usually benefit from watching kids

What you mean is, Starting off on our night of freedom from the kids in a rum bar!

Comment

Starting off our babysitting night off in a rum bar that's in the Guinness Book of Records for most types of rums in a bar, then onto the number one winebar in the city. where the guy handpicks the most ridiculously unique wines, then on to a pub that specialises in retro arcade games - has just filled the pub with as many machines as they can fit in their rather large premises to be washed down with retro cocktails. What could possibly go wrong?
                                                                                                                      enjoy tomorrow morning!

Comment

For the poker aficionado there hasn't been a buyin more than €25,000 in Ireland before?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                          Jaysus, you've had a tough time of it lately. Hopefully this will be the last drama for you for a while?
                                                                                                                          I may have to get CHDog to come and nurse me back to recovery. #healinghands

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X