This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
    I'm in work hungover ta fuck. Thankfully it's quiet. Might go for a nap.
    Same - I am mostly thankful that the senior management seem to have taken the day off on mass so nobody to give out to me for being a dozy mess.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Morning. Anyone else going to Frankie Boyle tonight?
          Sunday
          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            I was thinking Buzzfeed

You won't believe these 3 reasons why people had more kids in the middle of the worst recession ever!!
            condoms HATE them
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

I voted at home, drunk even though it isn't quite accurate. I had some drink last night though, I am at home now, getting my fry on, and will be drinking later at a friends house so thought it was more appropriate.

Comment

Changed days from the first time I attended the IO at the CItywest 8 years ago when I had only been seeing Tony a short time. The place was full of IPB'ers or Boardsies as we were back then.

Apart from a quick chat with Phil Baker last night and Dobbie's dad this morning there was no one here for the bants!

Much prefer the Citywest to the Burlo for the IO. I love being out here.

Hopefully will see some old faces over the next few days. Have the little one here for a couple of days while Tony plays and on Sunday she staying over 2 nights at the granny's house and I can let my hair down!

Good luck to all playing but hopefully Tony ships it of course

Comment

What about being at the IO?

Comment

Lol, that's twice you've spelt it Saunders, or are you referring to the former police chief of Lakewood? http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/l...e55003200.html
                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                        Changed days from the first time I attended the IO at the CItywest 8 years ago when I had only been seeing Tony a short time. The place was full of IPB'ers or Boardsies as we were back then.

Apart from a quick chat with Phil Baker last night and Dobbie's dad this morning there was no one here for the bants!

Much prefer the Citywest to the Burlo for the IO. I love being out here.

Hopefully will see some old faces over the next few days. Have the little one here for a couple of days while Tony plays and on Sunday she staying over 2 nights at the granny's house and I can let my hair down!

Good luck to all playing but hopefully Tony ships it of course
                        I'll probly pop out for a few shandies on Saturday. hope to see you then.
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Luas drivers have rejected the Workplace Relations Commission proposals. This is why they have, in their own words.#SolidarityVideo © Paula Geraghty

very altruistic of the current drivers, rejecting the proposal to safeguard future entrants wages.

"drivers did not want to accept a new pay scale that leaves new entrants on lower pay than current staff".
                          Last edited by Emmet; 25-03-16, 12:24.

Comment

Comment

Made some delicious spicy seitan, had it with mash, yorkshire puddings and gravy, proper lunch after cycling round the phoenix park.

Comment

Vegrim

Comment

I would have worked today if I could. I don't mind the lie in obviously, but getting paid is better than an unnecessary day off where I'm not doing anything.

Comment

Okay may have missed a few options.

Just reading there that French Air Traffic Control is still managed on Windows 3.1.
                                    Yeah Air Traffic Control is one of those industries that is utterly risk averse. They will not change anything unless they absolutely have to. They have big problems maintaining their archaic systems now, as the people who developed them are all retiring.

Similar thing applied to the banking industry a few years ago. AS/400 systems all over the shop. They mostly got over it, but it's still a huge problem in places.
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                      I would have worked today if I could. I don't mind the lie in obviously, but getting paid is better than an unnecessary day off where I'm not doing anything.
                                      Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                        Made some delicious spicy seitan, had it with mash, yorkshire puddings and gravy, proper lunch after cycling round the phoenix park.

Big few slices of roast beef needed badly there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                          Big few slices of roast beef needed badly there.
                                          And gravy on the spuds and yorkshires.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                            I

Am currently reading Mistborn trilogy which is a fun easy read, while waiting on the new Rothfuss book. Damn you Rothfuss *shakes fist*
                                            I just finished both The Kingkiller books a few days ago, had no idea he was been since a GRRM about book 3. He comes across as a bit of a prick from what I've read in the last couple of days. Class writer though.

Master Elodin is exactly how I imagine drunk Hitch to be.

Comment

And gravy on the spuds and yorkshires.
                                              Tbh I poured the whole pot over everything shortly afterwards

Comment

Comment

Had Paul O Connell and JP McManus here at work this morning along with UTV, TV3 and RTE for the Team Limerick Clean Up so nothing done apart from pictures, interviews, cake and drinking tea, everyone gone since 12 so a day of internet and I get to take another day off instead next week

Comment

Think Syria was very modern before it all went wrong. I work with a lot of profs from there, seems a disproportionate number, so presumably education was a big factor in that society, even if I'm being anecdotal.

A lot of the bs that happens in other ME societies doesn't seem to have been the same feature of their society - women and men share classes in uni, voting rights since 1949, female vice-president, women can join the army. Got all that from wiki, and surely there's unfair stuff aswell, but seems miles away from the likes of Saudi. According to the Global Gender Gap study they were well ahead of India, for e.g., in terms of equal rights for women before the fighting started. Not too different to Mexico / Japan. Not that those are shining examples for women's rights, but it suggests they are in a different category to bottom table lurkers like Saudi / Yemen.
                                                    Girlfriend lived in Damascus before it all went to pot - seemed like it was possible to have a grand old time there. Though as a woman there you would need to keep the head down to a certain extent.
                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                      Same - I am mostly thankful that the senior management seem to have taken the day off on mass so nobody to give out to me for being a dozy mess.
                                                      Got as far as Kilkenny and realised that today isn't actually a holiday.

Ah well.
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

So looks like Ted Cruz, the great moral politician, has been putting it about:

Oh dear, the National Enquirer has come out with a story claiming evidence of multiple sexual trysts by presidential candidate Senator Ted Cruz. Worse yet for the Cruz camp, the framework within the article is structurally very concerning: The National Enquirer is indeed a tabloid – and as such there are various grains of salt […]

Washington Post journalist confirming partially:

Rumours that some elements of conservative media had the story and sat on it:

Just incredible - the most unbelievable election campaign
                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Comment

Should change the name of the seeds as well to be safe.

Comment

Morning. Anyone else going to Frankie Boyle tonight?
                                                              ...I was suppose to be but had no-one to go with so sold my ticket... I really need to integrate more with people... Was actually advised to message you because you like him lol...

Comment

The fact that I can't sit in a beer garden and have a few pints on the first non-toxic friday evening of the year because a Jewish lad some people think was made out of magic temporarily died or something drives me nuts.

Comment

Its part of what makes Ireland great. Youll only miss it when its gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                    The fact that I can't sit in a beer garden and have a few pints on the first non-toxic friday evening of the year because a Jewish lad some people think was made out of magic temporarily died or something drives me nuts.
                                                                    Should have abolished it years ago when they got rid of that ridiculous Sunday holy hour (well, 2 hours) crap that forced pubs to close between 2 and 4 on Sundays. You're probably too young to have been affected by that though, as it only caught me for a few years.

Comment

Should have abolished it years ago when they got rid of that ridiculous Sunday holy hour (well, 2 hours) crap that forced pubs to close between 2 and 4 on Sundays. You're probably too young to have been affected by that though, as it only caught me for a few years.
                                                                      Yep, the old stampede at 4pm to get a decent seat for the match

Comment

It's probably not Jesus fault but the fecking hour less sleep might mean less time on the cross for him but it fks up my finely tuned body clock. Already have an early start as it is.
                                                                        Thank God the pubs are closed.

Comment

Seriously considering hitting Citywest for a few pints now the racing is over. The thoughts of the Late Late Show tipping me over the edge.....

Comment

You'd miss living in Kerry sometimes....

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                              Seriously considering hitting Citywest for a few pints now the racing is over. The thoughts of the Late Late Show tipping me over the edge.....
                                                                              It has become something of a parody of itself. Hard to believe some of the stuff these past few weeks and Turbidy clearly doesn't give a fk anymore so the trainwreck of some interview or other is at least somewhat hilarious.

Comment

I generally resorted to the tactic of get there before 2pm and stayed drinking inside while the doors were just locked so that people couldn't get in if they weren't there early enough.

Comment

Also, if you really wanted a drink there's surely some local pub where you're known and can pop down for a few? The only pubs actually closed in Killarney today would be the likes of Scott's, McSorleys Mustangs and the grand. All the "locals" pubs would be serving away with the doors shut.

Comment

Watching 11.22.63. Anyone know what the word clothespin means in reference to how it is used ? I presume it is some 60's slang but I can't find anything.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                      Watching 11.22.63. Anyone know what the word clothespin means in reference to how it is used ? I presume it is some 60's slang but I can't find anything.

Opr
                                                                                      Not watching it, but is it a clothes peg, something to hold clothes up while they dry outdoors?

Comment

On the good Friday thing, when the legislation was introduced in 1927, St Patricks day was also included as a day or abstinence along with GF and Christmas Day, but that was changed in 1960 for tourism reasons.

I'd say every year loads of UK stag parties get caught out by the GF restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                          Also, if you really wanted a drink there's surely some local pub where you're known and can pop down for a few? The only pubs actually closed in Killarney today would be the likes of Scott's, McSorleys Mustangs and the grand. All the "locals" pubs would be serving away with the doors shut.
                                                                                          I love this. We would lose part of our lockin identity if Good Friday wasnt a thing. Something illicit and brilliant about sitting in a pub on a scorching day when its not allowed. Although wouldnt be able to this in Dublin so readily. it adds to the character.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                            I love this. We would lose part of our lockin identity if Good Friday wasnt a thing. Something illicit and brilliant about sitting in a pub on a scorching day when its not allowed. Although wouldnt be able to this in Dublin so readily. it adds to the character.
                                                                                            Sure my house mate is working in a pub today. I used to work for a GF poker game in the Shannon House in Foynes, Limerick and the gaffer of the pub didn't even bother trying to hide it. Doors wide open, ash trays out, not a bother. It did help that the local sergeant was partial to a game of cards and a whiskey.

I'm sure once you get outside the city centre in Dublin these pubs are around.

Comment

Not watching it, but is it a clothes peg, something to hold clothes up while they dry outdoors?
                                                                                              Nah, it is used in a sexual context. First episode was kinda interesting but it has steadily gone downhill. I'm not quite sure why I am still watching as for the most part it is boring, melodramatic nonsense without much redeeming qualities at this point. Dont think I realised just how little I am enjoying it till this post. Guess I just talked myself out of watching any further.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                Nah, it is used in a sexual context. First episode was kinda interesting but it has steadily gone downhill. I'm not quite sure why I am still watching as for the most part it is boring, melodramatic nonsense without much redeeming qualities at this point. Dont think I realised just how little I am enjoying it till this post. Guess I just talked myself out of watching any further.

Opr
                                                                                                I watched the first episode and it was really disappointing. I read the book and mostly enjoyed it, but after the first episode I didn't fancy watching it any more.

Comment

Should change the name of the seeds as well to be safe.
                                                                                                  Pubs around Thomond Park are open no? Didn't they manage to get a good Friday exemption when it's game day?

Comment

Graham Norton is back tonight thank God....

Graham is joined by the stars of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Batman Extra

The Graham Norton Show, Series 19

Graham is joined on his heroic sofa by Oscar winner Ben Affleck, starring as Batman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, his adversary Superman, British star Henry Cavill, and five-times-Oscar-nominated Amy Adams, who plays Superman's squeeze Lois Lane.

With music from The Pet Shop Boys, performing their new single The Pop Kids.
                                                                                                    Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Snitches get stitches
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                                                                        Graham Norton is back tonight thank God....

Graham is joined by the stars of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Batman Extra

The Graham Norton Show, Series 19

Graham is joined on his heroic sofa by Oscar winner Ben Affleck, starring as Batman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, his adversary Superman, British star Henry Cavill, and five-times-Oscar-nominated Amy Adams, who plays Superman's squeeze Lois Lane.

With music from The Pet Shop Boys, performing their new single The Pop Kids.
                                                                                                        Ah heyor. Just hailoed a taxi to go meet Sickpuppy for a few up there after reading that....

Comment

Just took a stroll to the local butchers for a chicken. Young lad of about 20 walks in looking for fish, butcher tells him it's all gone. Poor lad seems distraught, groans about being too late and walks out, doesn't buy any meat.

Then an oul lad of about 80 walks in and buys a big bag of rashers and some pork chops.

The world seemed upside down.
                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

You were doing it wrong

I generally resorted to the tactic of get there before 2pm and stayed drinking inside while the doors were just locked so that people couldn't get in if they weren't there early enough.
                                                                                                            Yup, this is what we always did. In before 2pm and the doors were then locked until 4pm

I'd say every year loads of UK stag parties get caught out by the GF restrictions.
                                                                                                            In an old job, my office was in Temple Bar. I always work Good Friday and one year in particular I remember having to go out at about 11am to a customer. Seen a bunch of English lads looking lost. Asked them if they were ok and they asked me what times the pubs open at. About 11am tomorrow I replied. The poor fuckers were devastated. They were booked into a B&B as well so couldn't even hit up a residents bar in a hotel

Comment

It's weird how growing up, we would feel sorry for our parents on good Friday while we stuff our faces with meats, but at the same time they would feel sorry for us thinking we are going to hell.

How times change.

What's the line on pubs opening on good Friday? Can't be any more than 5 years?

Comment

Edit: Wait, I'm nearly 30 - how fucking old are you!?

Comment

You'd miss living in Kerry sometimes....
                                                                                                                  All of the times. Home tomorrow at least.

Comment

Holy hour was every day, not just Sundays as far as I remember... actually wasn't it an hour every day and two on a Sunday?
                                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

All of the times. Home tomorrow at least.
                                                                                                                      Thoughts on the young lad not being given a chance to start on Sunday? Didn't want to ask in the other place. Harsh imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                        Just took a stroll to the local butchers for a chicken. Young lad of about 20 walks in looking for fish, butcher tells him it's all gone. Poor lad seems distraught, groans about being too late and walks out, doesn't buy any meat.

Then an oul lad of about 80 walks in and buys a big bag of rashers and some pork chops.

The world seemed upside down.
                                                                                                                        Fish is my favourite vegetable.

Comment

Few games to prepare for the Euro's and you start Kevin Doyle up front
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X