This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
    Never been in that Asian place, cheers, in I go. I usually can only get it in cans.

here's buzzfeed and some hipsters to tell you how to make pulled jackfruit that supposedly tastes like pulled pork. I never ate pulled pork bu the pulled jackfruit I made was class

https://www.facebook.com/BuzzFeedOz/...8242471740775/
    Jack fruit does in its bollox taste like pork been eating pork 30 years jack fruit few times.
    Had a fruit tasting in Vietnam one fruitw as white black spots looked ncie tasted like feet.
    Some yield off a tree though.
    Last edited by Guest; 24-03-16, 17:45.

Comment

2 out of 167 Luas voted for pay rises strikes easter sunday and monday.
      They must have read V for vendettas under100k struggling.
      Last edited by Guest; 24-03-16, 17:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
        Jack fruit does in its bollox taste like pork been eating pork 30 years jack fruit few times.
        Apparently if you cook green unripe jackfruit from a can it tastes like pork. Eating the fresh fruit tastes nothing like pork, and nor does cooking the ripe fruit as I discovered last week. Although my BBQ jackfruit sandwich was lovely even if it tasted nothing like pork.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
          Apparently if you cook green unripe jackfruit from a can it tastes like pork. Eating the fresh fruit tastes nothing like pork, and nor does cooking the ripe fruit as I discovered last week. Although my BBQ jackfruit sandwich was lovely even if it tasted nothing like pork.
          Any sign of you hitting the green fields of Vietnam and giving an eloquent trip report much boom boom.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
            Any sign of you hitting the green fields of Vietnam and giving an eloquent trip report much boom boom.
            I am planning to go to Thailand in November for a few weeks of meditation retreats in a couple of monasteries there. This is my third year intending to go. Hopefully I do this time.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
              Bought some jackfruit last week in Asian place on Moore Street beside Ilac entrance. Here is a comparison of their size to a fat man wearing green:

For those who haven't tried them, pomelos are absolutely delicious. Best way to describe them is a juicy sweet grapefruit (but not as sharp). Can be bought in all Asian supermarkets. Let them mature at home for a week or two before digging in.

without a doubt one of my favorite fruits!

Comment

Right we must of all seen making a murderer by now,
                So any predictions, apparently a court date is set for 6th of April
                Anyone prepared to throw out bold predictions.
                As messed up as it seems, I got detective lenk committing a murder on an innocent
                women, to frame avery.
                I went back and forth between guilty as fuck and then innocent countless times

Not to get into too much detail for my theory however either lenk or avery did it because
                the odds of a third party doing this, to allign with cops motives at a crucial time and place
                seems astronomical, at minimum the key was planted either way

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                  For those who haven't tried them, pomelos are absolutely delicious. Best way to describe them is a juicy sweet grapefruit (but not as sharp). Can be bought in all Asian supermarkets. Let them mature at home for a week or two before digging in.

without a doubt one of my favorite fruits!

You can get these in lidl.

Shit IMO

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                    As messed up as it seems, I got detective lenk committing a murder on an innocent
                    women, to frame avery.

Not to get into too much detail for my theory however either lenk or avery did it because
                    the odds of a third party doing this, to allign with cops motives at a crucial time and place
                    SPOILER
                    crime of opportunity. Lenk/a policeman came across the body and the car somewhere else. Lenk moved the car to the yard to frame Avery. (that's what i always thought anyway).

Comment

Spag bol 4 T

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post

Shit IMO
                        Are those the yokes in the plastic netting ?
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Ah RIP what a team he played in. What a player. Who didn't try the famous turn in the school yard that it looked like he invented. what a pity Jordi turned out to be so very average in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                            yes they are

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post

Shit IMO
                              Yeah? well that's like...your opinion man!!

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                Listen to all the breeders trying to get the state to pay for their poor life choices. Lowsey spongers these RDIII, Hitch and V lads imo. Stats and graphs all trying to justify there procreational addictions.

Bad enough that we have to pay for the schools and playgrounds, suffer the noise pollution and cant go on holidays during the summer months because they will be pissing in the swimming pools but now they want us to pay to pick up the pieces by minding them while they go off to the relative quite of an office.

Where is Andys state funded cat park and minder thats what I want to know.
                                Kids, I used to go to school with them

W.C. Fields gives Baby LeRoy the boot in "The Old Fashioned Way" (1934) directed by William Beaudine.

Comment

Just had the Chase on while having dinner. An 18 year old girl on it, has waited 4 years to apply, wins her Chase with ease and ends up with £10k out of a £30k prizefund. Not too shabby. Chaser had a shocker too.

Comment

Mrs DIII, for reasons best known to herself, has booked us into a hotel in Waterford for the weekend.

Anything recommended for family activities? Kev, looking at you.
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Yep,
                                      Bought them numerous times thinking they were grapefruit.

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                        women, to frame avery.

The weirdo dodge room mate needs looking at but it was probably dodgy cop business behind it. At the very minimum they made it look like Avery did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                          Mrs DIII, for reasons best known to herself, has booked us into a hotel in Waterford for the weekend.

Never been to Waterford but Hook lighthouse isn't too far (discovered the origins of the expression by hook or by crook there ), and Loftus Hall is on the way also for a spooky tour.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                            Just had the Chase on while having dinner. An 18 year old girl on it, has waited 4 years to apply, wins her Chase with ease and ends up with £10k out of a £30k prizefund. Not too shabby. Chaser had a shocker too.
                                            Mmm.
                                            Had higher hopes for this story's ending when I started reading it m8.
                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Waterford or The Knacker Capital of Ireland has a Burger King. Icky also does tours of the brewery in his sitting room whilst dressed as Tyrion Lannister.

Comment

Never been to Waterford but Hook lighthouse isn't too far (discovered the origins of the expression by hook or by crook there ), and Loftus Hall is on the way also for a spooky tour.
                                                Been down the Hook Penninsula a few times - real 'end of the world' feel to it.
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

yes they are
                                                  I shall have to purchase one.

Next ill be looking for some goat meat.
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Made it to Blennerville. Awaiting the arrival of the champ. Nice crowd here and the worst bonfire I've ever seen. Keane and Careca need to have a word....

Comment

Made it to Blennerville. Awaiting the arrival of the champ. Nice crowd here and the worst bonfire I've ever seen. Keane and Careca need to have a word....
                                                      Here's a handy tip, pass yourself off as a local by calling it 'Brennevell'.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                        Here's a handy tip, pass yourself off as a local by calling it 'Brennevell'.
                                                        One of the lads I'm with seems to know everyone so I think we're safe enough

Comment

Nice ye have a trophy to show off down there.

Comment

Just go into quanes for a skinful

Comment

Seems like a great night back there. Met the lad, said congrats and out the door. Got a free burger on the way out.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                Just go into quanes for a skinful
                                                                Will definitely go back. Seems like a grand spot.

Comment

Shrap, is this Google Nik package comparable to the likes of Lightroom ?

I see its gone from 500 bucks to 150 to zero.
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                    Think I might pay for the Horace & Pete shows after episode one. What a lovely show. Given that he's directly selling them it seems like actual theft to not buy, or at least unfair, compared to normal piracy
                                                                    So, have you actually paid for any? Just think the price point he's gone for is ridiculous. Up there with the price you paid for dvd's 10 years ago.

Having said that, I am loving it and may donate €20 or so.

SPOILER
                                                                    Really disappointed they killed off the Alan Alda character so early

Uncle Pete gives no fucks in Louie CKs new webshow Horace and Pete, check out the full show on his website for a couple bucks! https://louisck.net/

From Louis C.K.'s “Horace & Pete”: https://louisck.net/show/horace-and-pete . With Alan Alda as Uncle Pete.
                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I found ep01 very dreary, semi depressing and hard to watch. Didnt go any further but i seem to me alone on this.

Comment

Anyone know where one can watch Chilie V Argentina with English commentary later?

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                          I found ep01 very dreary, semi depressing and hard to watch. Didnt go any further but i seem to me alone on this.
                                                                          It's certainly a difficult watch. No way I could binge watch it, need about a 5 day break between them tbh. Well worth sticking with.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                              So, have you actually paid for any? Just think the price point he's gone for is ridiculous. Up there with the price you paid for dvd's 10 years ago.

Having said that, I am loving it and may donate €20 or so.
                                                                              Sometimes paying people for their work is ok y'know.

Comment

Shrap, is this Google Nik package comparable to the likes of Lightroom ?

I see its gone from 500 bucks to 150 to zero.
                                                                                Never heard of it but haven't done a lot of photography in a while. I'm sure it's very good though, or just get lightroom.

Comment

...

Comment

RIP Garry Shandling The Larry Sanders Show was a groundbreaker.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

EITS tickets arrived today 👍

Comment

Gettin pizza

Comment

Saw Larry Saunders / Garry Shandling on Comedians in Cars recently and was thinking 'jaysus the man looks like he's about to die'. Hella good predicting, even if it falls heavily into the aftertiming category. Larry Saunders had something very different about it.
                                                                                              Who else is on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                                                Gettin pizza
                                                                                                Snack box here.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Its probably a month early but Mount Congreve gardens is well worth a visit.
                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Full now

Comment

Email from the dad, bit skeptical tbh

Originally posted by da
                                                                                                      Number 1 Joke in England

An Israeli doctor said: "Medicine is so advanced in Israel that we can cut off a man's testicles put them on another man and in 6 weeks he is looking for work.

The German doctor said: "That's nothing, in Germany we take part of a brain, put it in another man and in 4 weeks he is looking for work."

The Russian doctor said: "Gentlemen, we take half a heart from a man, put it in another chest and in 2 weeks he is looking for work."

The American doctor laughed: "You all are behind us.

Seven years ago we took a Muslim with no brains, no heart and no balls and made him President. Now, the whole damn country is looking for work!"

This joke actually won an award for the best joke in world competition, held in Britain!

Comment

Comment

Heading up the N7 about 30 min ago and 3 lads trying to cross the 6 lanes looking a bit rough. I presume the Taxi fare had been just lost in city west, ah the good old days.

Comment

...

Comment

Freddie Starr, UK comedian, was another one. Still alive, but we'll see...
                                                                                                              Was convinced Gazza would snuff it but he seems to have bounced back a little. Next fall though.

Comment

Freddie Starr, UK comedian, was another one. Still alive, but we'll see...
                                                                                                                When it was reported that George Martin had died, I was really shocked that he had still been alive up 'till the day before. Just assumed he was long gone.

Comment

Morning. Anyone else going to Frankie Boyle tonight?
                                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

A tenner on Kim tung to get it in the noggin

Comment

Lovely day to be off, thanks jesus

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                        Lovely day to be off, thanks jesus
                                                                                                                        I'm in work hungover ta fuck. Thankfully it's quiet. Might go for a nap.
                                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Ben Affleck reacts to negative reviews for Batman v Superman.Original Interview here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OGe7l-WPQ

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X