This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lplate View Post
    Presume we'll see you in the bar at Citywest so?

U will hear me without doubt, see ya Friday
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Who are these 'couple of outliers'?

And which Muslim countries would you see as being exemplars of modernity?

I would have the list weighted in the opposite direction obviously.
      I didn't say any of them are examplars of modernity, I sais they are better adapted to it than we were in 1966.
      Saudi's are the big outlier along with some of the smaller gulf states, Iran are not nearly as backward as people think.

Look I'm not at all interested in defending such a pernicious religion but people need to take a deep breath and accept that the people who did this are a tiny minority.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        If its his practice he should be ashamed of himself. If its his colleagues and he doesn't actively report their crimes then he should be fired.
        If he really believes that to be true he should not work in the system.
        'Reporting crimes'.

That is the system!

Just because they buy their horses here, it doesn't make them secular.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

'Reporting crimes'.

That is the system!

Point me to the bit says a paramedic must first tend to the men at a car crash because thats the bit of hysterical nonsense is what we are talking about here.

Comment

If its his practice he should be ashamed of himself. If its his colleagues and he doesn't actively report their crimes then he should be fired.
            If he really believes that to be true he should not work in the system.
            He is there 6 months so far and told me it's practice. I didn't instantly think he was blatantly lying to me but I'll PM him and ask him. He has no reason to be ashamed of himself. He has two kids and the HSE were playing Strewelpeter on his contract in Ireland Some fucker in admin took umbrage to him heading to Australia (long story) so he told them to GTFO and went to earn some money for a couple of years. He wasn't aware of the practice and told me it doesn't sit well with him. I suppose he should be ashamed of a practice he doesn't believe in however he will do the right thing when the time comes .
            He does a job that few could stomach so you'll forgive him if he doesn't live up to your lofty expectations of how to conduct yourself.

Comment

'Reporting crimes'.

That is the system!

Is there anything that does not involve getting lashes.
              Homesexuality is a capital offence as well nice.

Comment

Apostasy is a crime punishable by death in UAE also. I can't see it being too likely that it'll modernise any time soon. Maybe in 500 years or so perhaps. I'm far from an expert on Muslim countries but it seems far more common to hear about them becoming more restrictive and barbaric than becoming more liberal and less oppressive.

Comment

Point me to the bit says a paramedic must first tend to the men at a car crash because thats the bit of hysterical nonsense is what we are talking about here.
                  He is not the hysterical type. I might be though and also YOU might be.
                  I'll see what he comes back with. May Allah be with you.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                    Apostasy is a crime punishable by death in UAE also. I can't see it being too likely that it'll modernise any time soon. Maybe in 500 years or so perhaps. I'm far from an expert on Muslim countries but it seems far more common to hear about them becoming more restrictive and barbaric than becoming more liberal and less oppressive.
                    Nah I doubt it will take that long. Although continuing to bomb the middle east certainly won't help things. Anyone suggesting that more force is needed to stop the terrorism of groups like IS is wrong. It's never worked before so why would it work this time.

Comment

Ohhh..scary cameos this week !!
                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                        Nah I doubt it will take that long. Although continuing to bomb the middle east certainly won't help things. Anyone suggesting that more force is needed to stop the terrorism of groups like IS is wrong. It's never worked before so why would it work this time.
                        Bombing almost certainly won't work, or help things in any way, no. Doesn't mean that those countries aren't mostly horribly unjust and oppressive places though.

Comment

Bombing almost certainly won't work, or help things in any way, no. Doesn't mean that those countries aren't mostly horribly unjust and oppressive places though.
                          Yeah I wouldn't argue with you there.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              It was a criminal offence in Ireland up to 1993.

Also we were state-sanctioned stealing the babies of unmarried mothers, and putting some of the mothers in indentured slavery with bonus sexual assault until the 1970s.

And look at us now? Things can change, and change quite rapidly.
                              It was not a capital offence surely you know capital is the death sentence.
                              Also get lashes for almost everything .
                              Of course the laundrys and state run adoption agencys were terrible.
                              I dont recall my sisters having to wear ninja suits as kids and young adults through the 80s and 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                It was not a capital offence surely you know capital is the death sentence.
                                Also get lashes for almost everything .
                                Of course the laundrys and state run adoption agencys were terrible.
                                I dont recall my sisters having to wear ninja suits as kids and young adults through the 80s and 90s.
                                The lashes is one of the few things i would, and i would hazard a guess you would agree with too.

We just need to agree what crimes deserve them.
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

House of Cards ep 8
                                  SPOILER
                                  It took me to the 8th episode to realise that the guy who shot Frank wasnt the author guy. I had mixed them up for the whole series wondering how he ended up in prison and why they referred to him as an ex editor but never mentioned his books. It all clicked when I seen the author guy appear just there. So now I remember whats actually going on. Basically I'm an idiot
                                  airport, lol

Comment

Comment

I think things can change though. No-one would have ever thought Ireland would have overcome our religious oppression looking at us in the 50s. Now admittedly we didn't start with as shite a religion as the Muslim countries.

I'd guess a much more moderate version of Islam will emerge, where there are equal rights for men and women, and religion is kept separate to government. Turkey being a slightly shaky version of how this can be done. It'll take a while though. These are all countries with very young populations and presumably young Muslims find the religious stuff as tedious as it seems.
                                      Ah stop this belief is more delusional than half your stories man.
                                      Turkey is funding isis al nursa and the main oppostion newspapers editor in chief was removed by the govenment.
                                      Having lived beside and worked with Turks in europe 80 million of them having access to europe would be a disaster.
                                      Last edited by Guest; 23-03-16, 00:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                        He is there 6 months so far and told me it's practice. I didn't instantly think he was blatantly lying to me but I'll PM him and ask him. He has no reason to be ashamed of himself. He has two kids and the HSE were playing Strewelpeter on his contract in Ireland Some fucker in admin took umbrage to him heading to Australia (long story) so he told them to GTFO and went to earn some money for a couple of years. He wasn't aware of the practice and told me it doesn't sit well with him. I suppose he should be ashamed of a practice he doesn't believe in however he will do the right thing when the time comes .
                                        He does a job that few could stomach so you'll forgive him if he doesn't live up to your lofty expectations of how to conduct yourself.
                                        If what your saying is true he has every single reason to be ashamed of himself unless he is actively working to get out of the situation. There are lots and lots of places in the world who could use his skills. I highly doubt the only place he can find work happens to be somewhere paying bumper wages and no tax.

Comment

Comment

Anyone else love typing a response...looking at it it and just hitting the back button. A trait, i must add i do moreso when not as drunk.

Soz Mellor.
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Both of those are political rather than religious decisions though. It's a country with a lot of growing up to do for sure though. It's more their reasonably sane treatment of the role of religion in society, that offers a bit of hope that these countries aren't all religiously doomed.
                                              Groiwng maybe the mad cunt running the country wants the ottoman empire up and running again.
                                              Took europe centurys to get them out fuck off letting them back in.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                If what your saying is true he has every single reason to be ashamed of himself unless he is actively working to get out of the situation. There are lots and lots of places in the world who could use his skills. I highly doubt the only place he can find work happens to be somewhere paying bumper wages and no tax.
                                                What he is told to do and what he actually does makes the difference here don't you think.
                                                He is told he MUST do something. He signed no contract that said he MUST abside by this so he WON'T abide by it. The mentality of this is what bothers him about the jb Nobody can tell me this is not being said to him. I see no reason why he'd make up such a thing.

Anyway if you are a woman on your own and you ring an ambulance and there are only male crews to tend to you, you must get a guardian (brother, hubby, father) to be in the house with you or certain ambulance men will not tend to you. These are facts. If they aren't on google it doesn't make them untrue. In the meantime he will just go about his daily life saving job as normal. I for one am proud of him. It's not up to him to report religous zealots to a country of zealots. Like I said he is there 6 months and will do the right thing when he is faced with the hobsons choice

Anyway, done with this, was merely trying to point out the belief system of a large % of these people .

Like I said before wheat spagetti is great , now who is with me on this.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                  Whatever about personal responsibility and all that, it would seem to me, just doing simple maths and all, that if that shit does indeed go on, the more European lads in the ambulances the better!
                                                  What with them a lot less likely to follow the practice than some cunt who agrees with it!

Oooh and the answer with regard to the whole terror campaign being carried out at the moment is not bombing innocents

It's carpet bombing social media with what these fuckers are actually like (as this seems to be where they do a lot of recruiting)
                                                  &
                                                  Kill squads, shit load of kill squads!
                                                  Last edited by Guest; 23-03-16, 00:59.

Comment

Serious racism in here.
                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                      Serious racism in here.
                                                      was going to read back, think I will skip it, much obliged!

Comment

Might write a novel, or a vignette.
                                                        Give me a premise or a title.

Comment

The brudder is a paramedic in Dubai . The worst part of the job for him is in the event of a eg car crash , you must first tend to the men before you even look at Mary gasping for life saving treatment . What kind of a fucked up belief system is that ?
                                                          if they owned the titanic , every man jack would have survived and you'd have been aware a boat sank . The treatment of wimmins is shocking but even worse is the acceptance of it . We need to radicalise their wimmins to the ways of pankhurst
                                                          This is horrible. Refuse to believe this is true but I have no reason to doubt you. How is the planet going mad at this stupidity not a thing?
                                                          Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                          House of Cards ep 8
                                                          SPOILER
                                                          It took me to the 8th episode to realise that the guy who shot Frank wasnt the author guy. I had mixed them up for the whole series wondering how he ended up in prison and why they referred to him as an ex editor but never mentioned his books. It all clicked when I seen the author guy appear just there. So now I remember whats actually going on. Basically I'm an idiot
                                                          Thoughts on the season as a whole m8
                                                          Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                          Anyone else love typing a response...looking at it it and just hitting the back button. A trait, i must add i do moreso when not as drunk.

Soz Mellor.
                                                          Nah, fuck it. Press Submit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                            Gifs Warz

SPOILER

SPOILER
                                                            Jesus that was a diaster, try again

SPOILER

SPOILER

Comment

Serious racism in here.
                                                              Justified or not? I've just spent an antire day on lock down and attempting to contact family to assure them I'm ok and now have to worry about how to get the fuck out of here trust me race or religion does not come in to the argument, just a bunch of crazy bastards with far too much access!

Comment

There isn't enough racism banter in here tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                  Resident hipster here. You think of a lot of things that a vegan would think of in general, btw. Yeah, in theory you are causing a lot more animals to die depending on what you eat. 100 billion farm animals are killed every year, the upper estimate for sea life is 2.7 trillion. In theory even something like eggs might cause more deaths that eating beef (I don't know the numbers but it would be due to the shredding of all male chicks at birth), but for many reasons one might stop eating the meat as a step first, and not mix and choose, it only would confuse themselves and others - giving weird messages to people, when they struggle to understand these views in the first place. People also relate to different animals in different ways, it's easier to relate to a cow/pig than a fish, they act quite like a dog when you know them, whereas some animals are completely foreign.
                                                                  That's the kind of thing I was getting. Many times more fish are killed, yet pescetarian is considered more ethical than omnivore. (I'm aware that it's also down to capability to feel pain)

Do veggies/vegans generally agree, that it's not possible to consider all life like the same? ie as you go smaller and smaller, life is less significant. I imagine the cut off for insignificant size is variable person to person.

I mean the line must exist somewhere. Or else you'd be trying to avoid harming bacteria and other single celled organisms. Fungi are only a step or two above, and I mushrooms are obvious delicious vegan goodness.

Comment

im back had to join to royal navy for a bit. did you get that box old timer? dug what to u weigh in at or you looking for a knacker scrap? pm me more deets threats

Comment

Are there any vegan muslims?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                        Are there any vegan muslims?
                                                                        are u asking a question or making a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                                                          im back had to join to royal navy for a bit. did you get that box old timer? dug what to u weigh in at or you looking for a knacker scrap? pm me more deets threats
                                                                          You were gone m8?

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                            You were gone m8?
                                                                            hows things kid.

Comment

Jaysus Stan, I'm surprised the wife didn't kick you out for looking like that. Did you win much on the bet?
                                                                              Wasn't money it was a fishing bet/challenge for a 2lb trout caught in a competition increasing 1/4lb each comp but ended up needing a 7lb plus trout on competition day. I didn't make it and after 1 yr bet was off. Just happened on our club/Lough Erne worst year on record in last 20yrs of records. Yep I have records going back 20yrs and have made records available to scientists who atm we are assisting with tagging trout and studying movements etc. Very interesting as an 8lb 11oz trout caught a few weeks back was 11 yrs old , spent 2 yrs in river before moving to Lough Erne and spending 3 yrs there before then going to river to spawn every year for last 6 years.
                                                                              I am recording all trout/pike/perch caught by members in competitions this year to submit as I feel game angling is taking a back seat to coarse angling in Ireland atm and feel that this years records and approx 6,000 hrs of fishing records from 20 yrs cant be ignored

Comment

hows things kid.
                                                                                Ah m8 all go here you? How's the navy?

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                  Ah m8 all go here you? How's the navy?
                                                                                  no craic. all done now.

Comment

Were you enlisted m8?

Comment

Were you enlisted m8?
                                                                                      no im not english but it is airtight in my grandpas will that a years service in RMR is required.
                                                                                      he has noble reason that are not applicable now but you have to play ball sometimes. time was running out

Comment

imo

Comment

no im not english but it is airtight in my grandpas will that a years service in RMR is required.
                                                                                          he has noble reason that are not applicable now but you have to play ball sometimes. time was running out
                                                                                          That sounds like it would make a great comedy film.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                            Would surely have to feature a blast of this:

«Village People - Go West In The Navy » is available on iTunes : http://bit.ly/1E60r0rListen the entire album here : http://smarturl.it/GoWestITNavySubscrib...

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                              Definitely a story worth hearing I'd think!

Comment

I'd guess a much more moderate version of Islam will emerge, where there are equal rights for men and women, and religion is kept separate to government. Turkey being a slightly shaky version of how this can be done. It'll take a while though. These are all countries with very young populations and presumably young Muslims find the religious stuff as tedious as it seems.
                                                                                                Your anaysis is wrong in several regards and is the triumph of hope over fact.

This already happened. Pakistan or Iran (to give two examples of major Islamic countries) were far more liberal and tolerant places in the 1960s\70s than they are now.

Then they went back to the medieval insanity. And it's the young people who are the most radicalised of all. (Note all the self-exploding types are all young). Their more secular grandparents are looking at them in fear and amazement when they start growing bushy beards or wearing the niqab.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                  I am recording all trout/pike/perch caught by members in competitions this year to submit as I feel game angling is taking a back seat to coarse angling in Ireland atm and feel that this years records and approx 6,000 hrs of fishing records from 20 yrs cant be ignored
                                                                                                  What exactly distinguishes game from course fishing.
                                                                                                  I used to fish as a kid with my dad. Not much, just a couple of mornings down the Liffey catching nothing. Or the odd day up in Wicklow during summer. Stopped at some point, I suppose it was replaced by shooting when I was older.
                                                                                                  I've recently taken back up fishing again, really enjoying it. Although it's a little tough trying to get my head around a new set of species. Even things like the names (and nicknames) Aussies have for everything. Stuff like that's really hard to pick up solo.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Mellor; 23-03-16, 11:10.

Comment

...

Comment

It's definitely hope over current fact all right.
                                                                                                      At least you recognise that.

I don't have any answers either. Until the Saudis are called to account, it's only going to get worse. All those Saudi-funded mosques and Wahhabist preachers, they're the root cause.

Comment

...

Comment

But they're back in profit only because fuel prices dropped. That's not a sustainable profit. The pay does seem very low for Dublin-based jobs though.
                                                                                                          Maybe if ye didn't take so much sick pay they might have more money to pay ye.
                                                                                                          Passenger numbers are up hugely and this is what has seen a turnaround in profits.Fuel is hedged forward so they could still be committed to buying at a higher price than is currently available .The NTA call the tune now , and I'm sure it won't be long before I am working for NTA BUS as they will own all the buses in a couple of years. They set the fares and fees paid for operating each route. If only some of them came from a bus driving background then we might have a decent chance of getting a proper pay increase.

On the subject of sickness, the whole CIE group has made a huge effort lately to either get guys back to work or pay them off. The sick days that some on here get in a lather about are negotiated by the company. One could just as easily go to the doctors as it's free anyway but that way the medical dept.would see what you are out with. Questions and visits to the CMO are not what you want .

Comment

For real or a level
                                                                                                            Either way I'm all over that shit.
                                                                                                            Six months each as a paramedic with the red crescent in Mecca resuscitating dehydrated pilgrims with a gender neutral ethos before you get a cent of my hard earned

Comment

Your anaysis is wrong in several regards and is the triumph of hope over fact.

This already happened. Pakistan or Iran (to give two examples of major Islamic countries) were far more liberal and tolerant places in the 1960s\70s than they are now.

Then they went back to the medieval insanity. And it's the young people who are the most radicalised of all. (Note all the self-exploding types are all young). Their more secular grandparents are looking at them in fear and amazement when they start growing bushy beards or wearing the niqab.
                                                                                                              In fairness Iran was shaping up well till Churchill and his BP chums convinced the Americans to do their dirty work and overthrow a popular,moderate democratically elected leader
                                                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 23-03-16, 09:32.

Comment

The brother just laughed at some of the comments on here. He mentioned that a lof of calls are for domestic abuse , where the man beats the living shit out of his property / woman. Nothing can be done to prosecute the men though.
                                                                                                                I remember in Munich myself a few years back. I was on an open top bus tour. Some Muslim woman was taking pictures of the sights. She turned the camera on her man and he flipped and threw the camera down the bus. My mate read him the riot act as it nearly hit him . I can only guess how many slaps his missus got later.

Comment

...

Comment

The brother just laughed at some of the comments on here. He mentioned that a lof of calls are for domestic abuse , where the man beats the living shit out of his property / woman. Nothing can be done to prosecute the men though.
                                                                                                                    I remember in Munich myself a few years back. I was on an open top bus tour. Some Muslim woman was taking pictures of the sights. She turned the camera on her man and he flipped and threw the camera down the bus. My mate read him the riot act as it nearly hit him . I can only guess how many slaps his missus got later.
                                                                                                                    Just Googled your Munich story. I'm calling bullshit.

Comment

Here's another thought:

In your scenario above, even if you had a prosector brave or foolish enough to charge the husband and a wife brave or foolish enough to agree to testify against her husband (both very unlikely) - the husband would be 100% guaranteed to be found not guilty.

Why? The testimony of a woman is only worth half that of a man in sharia law.

In fact the woman would likely be the one further punished by the court, usually in the form of lashes. Nice, eh?

Comment

There seems to be little point to a lot of these posts other than Islam is stupid and draconian.
                                                                                                                        For anyone in the 'shut the borders' lobby, they must be aware that denying these migrants the right to asylum is condemning many thousands of people to death that could otherwise have been avoided.

So even if they subscribe to the extremely tenuous premise that shutting out migrants will stop or reduce terrorist-related deaths, it still follows that either you genuinely believe that a single Western life is worth at least a few orders of magnitude more than the average migrant life, or you struggle with basic logic.

I don't know what the solution is to Islamic extremism, which is clearly a worsening problem, but I'm really hoping that collectively we can come up with something a little more creative and morally justifiable than 'shut out everyone that looks a bit like the last bad guy'.
                                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Dr McWilliams has a point about that in today's Indo
                                                                                                                          Decent article although may Allah rent your beard for forcing me to read the Indo.

(and is D-Mac really a Dr?)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X