Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like really. What the fuck were they thinking?

Amazing

Comment

Sean fitzpatrick saying the all blacks would much rather play the irish than the French in the quarter finals. Suits me fine. Let's do it!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
        V have you actually listened to the TV3 comms? They have no idea what's happening. I've picked out about 10 mistakes so far and I'm and armchair fan. And Matt Cooper is the biggest drip of a host you could imagine.
        Sorry Zuutroy I guess I'm comparing them to George Hook and Tom McGurk and it's no contest imo.

I'm mainly talking about the studio. Rugby commentary is often wrong no matter who it is. Hard to pick up on everything when you're talking all the time.
        Last edited by V for Vendetta; 19-09-15, 19:03.
        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

COME ON FRANCE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
            A draw would hardly guarantee them a QF surely. Scotland could still easily beat them on Wednesday surely, especially with the Japanese only having a few days rest, and Samoa could well beat them too. the might still finish 3rd, but hopefully not. It's a wide open group now.
            Ah you're right Dom. But I can't see SA losing again in their group. That means as long as Japan beat 2 of the other 3 they should have enough to go through. Obviously winning gives them an even better chance. Right now Japan will fancy themselves against anyone in that group.
            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Can't believe they've put that cunt joubert as referee for this game!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                COME ON FRANCE!!!
                A nice win with no bonus point will do ye!

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                  Sorry Zuutroy I guess I'm comparing them to George Hook and Tom McGurk and it's no contest imo.

I'm mainly talking about the studio. Rugby commentary is often wrong no matter who it is. Hard to pick up on everything when you're talking all the time.
                  Panel are good bar Cooper. Lot to be said for Nugent+Hamilton in the box though.

Comment

A nice win with no bonus point will do ye!
                    Don't think it makes much difference tbh. A win is all we care about, and it'll be a straight winner takes all against you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                      Panel are good bar Cooper. Lot to be said for Nugent+Hamilton in the box though.
                      Tommy BOOooooooowwwwwwweeeeeeee will certainly miss Nugent anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                        Don't think it makes much difference tbh. A win is all we care about, and it'll be a straight winner takes all against you guys.
                        We have drawn twice in our last 4 meetings. I'd be happier to have an extra bonus point on ye going into the game.

Comment

Y
                          We have drawn twice in our last 4 meetings. I'd be happier to have an extra bonus point on ye going into the game.
                          Parisse may be back for your game. He's like 2 extra players on the Italian side

Comment

Italy haven't done a fucking thing yet and France are punching themselves out. Italia, italia!

Comment

Loving those Adidas tops compared to the horrible shiny crap all the Canterbury teams have.

Comment

How did the French lad drop that ball for the near try? Seemed like more utterly careless than just a miscontrol to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                  How did the French lad drop that ball for the near try? Seemed like more utterly careless than just a miscontrol to me.
                                  I think he assumed it was a forward pass and was just dicking around and half heartedly dotting it down. The whole thing was pretty farcical. Italy have nothing here and yet it's only a 6 point game.

Comment

Is Boards getting hammered ?

Server errors for the last hour.
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Sounds like I picked a good time to put on a kids movie instead of a one-sided borefest.

Fuck you Cinderella.
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The draw would have probably got them into the quarter finals. But fuck that Japan want a win. Balls, balls, balls. Epic stuff. This RWC is delivering already.
                                        Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                        Jesus. The balls. The sheer unadulterated balls of it.
                                        They had a losing bonus point locked up, and a draw only gets you two points so the logical play is to go for the win. So I don't think its balls as such, more just keeping level headed and making the correct situational decision at end game. Which is actually rare enough to see so fair fucks to them for that.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                          They had a losing bonus point locked up, and a draw only gets you two points so the logical play is to go for the win. So I don't think its balls as such, more just keeping level headed and making the correct situational decision at end game. Which is actually rare enough to see so fair fucks to them for that.
                                          Away to fuck with your logic man. No need for it.

Comment

Greyhound racing on rte 2 ..switched it over at half time of the rugby. Dog called Jay T Blue won the consolation derby, looked pretty good probably one for next year.
                                            Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              Sounds like I picked a good time to put on a kids movie instead of a one-sided borefest.

Fuck you Cinderella.
                                              Cue France exploding.

Comment

Assume this is national shame for SA?

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                  Assume this is national shame for SA?
                                                  As dark a day as the blacks got the vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                    As dark a day as the blacks got the vote.
                                                    Shouldn't laugh but you nailed it. Nothing more arrogant than a thick Boer rugby fan.

Comment

Fuck you Cinderella.
                                                      Giving SpongeBob another spin on your recommendation. Only 2 seasons on Netflix, how lame is that?
                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Shouldn't laugh but you nailed it. Nothing more arrogant than a thick Boer rugby fan.
                                                        An ex of mine Kiwi was at the 1995 rugby world cup final.

Obv Saffers won and she had all black jersey on said the amount of fans who came up after the game screaming into the faces of supporters literally foaming at the mouth.

Comment

Ffs Huget fucked such an exciting player shame.

Comment

Couple of significant injuries in this game

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                              Giving SpongeBob another spin on your recommendation. Only 2 seasons on Netflix, how lame is that?
                                                              The Sponge Bob Movie is crazy altogether. David Hasselhof makes an appearance and shoots Sponge Bob through the air by squeezing his pecs. Brilliantly insane.

Comment

Win one out of three for Kerry in Dublin this weekend. Ballymac matt goes in for the Derby in shelbourne park.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                  Win one out of three for Kerry in Dublin this weekend. Ballymac matt goes in for the Derby in shelbourne park.
                                                                  Nice win, 3/1. Told Rag2gar to back it but he never listens

Comment

Hard to feel sorry for him after that stamp to the face he did a few months ago.

Comment

Greece is voting today btw.

Slightly mad (and rather undemocratic imo) system. 300 seat parliament with a list system - but the party with the most votes gets an extra 50 seats. Bonkers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                        Nice win, 3/1. Told Rag2gar to back it but he never listens
                                                                        Don't know anything about them myself. Just happened to catch it while channel hopping.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                          Hard to feel sorry for him after that stamp to the face he did a few months ago.
                                                                          Ah ya that was very nasty moments of madness occur dont like seeing him out for what will be for many players a career highlight.

Comment

Greece is voting today btw.

Slightly mad (and rather undemocratic imo) system. 300 seat parliament with a list system - but the party with the most votes gets an extra 50 seats. Bonkers.
                                                                            Italy use this system as well, the bonus seats are to ensure a stable government

Comment

All conversations explaining what went wrong will eventually get around to how it is the Blicks fault
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

It seems to like Italy have been playing the same game for the last ten years.

So much effort, so little brains.

Comment

No try BP for les blues then

Comment

What a niggly shit game. Poor refereeing coupled with ill discipline have lead to this crap.

Two good games today, a strong showing from Ireland and neither Italy or France will give us sleepless nights. Not a bad day.

Comment

Trust the French to beat the fucking spread

Comment

It seems to like Italy have been playing the same game for the last ten years.

So much effort, so little brains.
                                                                                        They need to hire Eddie Jones and go recruiting in the Pacific islands to augment an ageing side.

Comment

Just spent a few days out in the Hamptons...

SPOILER
                                                                                          The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Well the japs certainly put us Rugby wc mockers in our place. TV coverage needed more reaction shots from crestfallen Seth Efrikans imo. How many of the Japanese team are actually Japanese btw? Was sure the coach was till I came on here

Comment

...
                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                  huh - the Japanese, easily the most racially-superior-feeling nation* in the world, have non-japs on their team?

* only an anecdote, but apparently Jiro of Jiro Dreams of Sushi used to ban non Japanese from his restaurant on the grounds of non-worthiness, until movie fame and the more practically-minded son took control.
                                                                                                  Just assuming they have a few - thought I heard a few non jap sounding names from the little bit I caught earlier.

Comment

Popped out to catch the last 20 mins or so of the game in the local bar. Place is festooned with rugby stuff, and has been since we arrived here. Big pic of the pub owners attending Stade Francais for an Ireland-France match 10 years ago on the wall. Place is packed with fans. Met the Rennes women's rugby team here before. Might have mentioned that. Think i've mentioned that to a few people. Anyhow - that last try goes over and everyone looks at each other and politely quietly says the French equivalent 'well, would you look at that?'. Wrong pub, or the French have a less exuberant way of celebrating sporting success?
                                                                                                    Brittany wouldn't be a big rugby area. South-west France for true rugby fans.

It'd be like expecting a Kilkenny bar crowd to get excited tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                                                                      Just spent a few days out in the Hamptons...

SPOILER
                                                                                                      That's a really great photo man. Love all the different yellow tones in it.
                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

huh - the Japanese, easily the most racially-superior-feeling nation* in the world, have non-japs on their team?

* only an anecdote, but apparently Jiro of Jiro Dreams of Sushi used to ban non Japanese from his restaurant on the grounds of non-worthiness, until movie fame and the more practically-minded son took control.
                                                                                                        No you're right. Paul Theroux enjoys a good rant about their xenophobia.

Comment

Can't beat Up for the match to get the blood pumping

Stomach churning now. Never been more nervous about a game I'm not involved in. Can't wait to get to Dublin tomorrow. Here's to a sleepless night, a long day and a Kerry win.

#Kerry4Sam

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                            Bollox.

Fact

Comment

Karma

Cunt

Comment

No you're right. Paul Theroux enjoys a good rant about their xenophobia.
                                                                                                                But I thought only white people can be racist. Have the Irish Times and thejournal been lying to me all this time?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                  Karma

Cunt
                                                                                                                  Did you become single today ro something?

Comment

Did you become single today ro something?
                                                                                                                    Nope. Just can't give Huget a moment after the dive and then the stamp. He's in the Callum Clarke group imo.

Comment

...

Comment

Dice is giving away free money on Facebook for anyone that wants to drop him a message there

Comment

Theres always one fan...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X