This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
    Rugby should adapt the cricket mantra of only letting decent sides in the world cup. Fairly boring having a month of group games where the chances of an upset is less than 5% in half the games. Has to be one of the worst sports for lack of surprise results.
    Bored already, let me know when the quarters start

Comment

Rugby should adapt the cricket mantra of only letting decent sides in the world cup. Fairly boring having a month of group games where the chances of an upset is less than 5% in half the games. Has to be one of the worst sports for lack of surprise results.
      24 games to watch Wales get knocked out

Comment

ah, such a shame for the no. 9 there

England crowd cheering that - cuncha bunts
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Hang on... Did the referee just review it because he saw a replay on the big screen?
          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
            Hang on... Did the referee just review it because he saw a replay on the big screen?
            Yarp

Comment

Has Marler pushed straight in any scrum yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                ah, such a shame for the no. 9 there

England crowd cheering that - cuncha bunts
                Engerland to lose the final after some Aussie ref takes a sly look at the big telly

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                  Engerland to lose the final after some Aussie ref takes a sly look at the big telly
                  ooooohhhhhh

After Chris Ashton splashed down in the last minute to erase a 4 point deficit. Against Ireland.

I think I would ejaculate

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                    Question for the rugby heads

How is that right?

Is that a thing now?

Ropey out!

Decision against home team, get it up on the screen quick
                    Decision for, take a bit longer to put it up

ITV seemed to think it was great, but that is hardly a surprise!

Comment

Question for the rugby heads

How is that right?

Is that a thing now?

Ropey out!

Decision against home team, get it up on the screen quick
                      Decision for, take a bit longer to put it up

ITV seemed to think it was great, but that is hardly a surprise!
                      Cause he knocked it on

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                        Cause he knocked it on
                        Not it being cancelled, it shouldn't have been a try

Ref looking at big screen after giving it, surely he should have sent it upstairs BEFORE giving it

Giving it then seeing it on a screen!?

Is that screen officially now part of the ref's armory?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                          Me and Earl and the Dying Girl doing the rounds fantastic movie check it out.
                          Link? Cant find on KAT...

Comment

Pretty unimpressive by Ingerland thus far (although no doubt I will be saying the same at h-t in the Ireland game tomorrow)

Comment

Not it being cancelled, it shouldn't have been a try

Ref looking at big screen after giving it, surely he should have sent it upstairs BEFORE giving it

Giving it then seeing it on a screen!?

Is that screen officially now part of the ref's armory?
                              yup, has been for ages. Referees are allowed do whatever they want really to arrive at the right decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                yup
                                Ropey out surely!?

Never noticed before tbh

And as an aside, I know rugby crowds don't ever fight and all that but...

Comment

As it turns out I actually do know the guy with the 10k riding on Kerry!

Comment

Chipper, pizza, Indian or Chinese M8s?

Need some shite Irish food.

Edit - Went with Kebab,Batter Sausage,Chips,Curry and Can o Coke 9 euro deal.
                                    Last edited by Jibzzzz; 18-09-15, 20:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                      As it turns out I actually do know the guy with the 10k riding on Kerry!
                                      People can call him a pussy all they like but he'd be stupid not to green up for a consolation grand IMO.
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Ropey out surely!?

Never noticed before tbh

And as an aside, I know rugby crowds don't ever fight and all that but...
                                        In fairness Clive Woodward giving out stink about it on ITV.

Saying that referee shouldn't have changed his mind once he committed. And echoed exactly what you've said about home replays etc.

Meh

Comment

Will the extra points be that important? Fiji just one more score away from getting a point atm but what good will it be?

Win 4 points

Draw 2 points

Loss 0 points

4 or more tries 1 point

Loss by 7 points or less 1 point

Comment

The spread was something like 27 points on this wasn't it

Comment

Extra points might be important for England, not Fiji

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                The spread was something like 27 points on this wasn't it
                                                25 for evens

Comment

Should be 18-17 if Fiji hadn't missed two easy kicks. Still fancy England to pull away mind.

Comment

England surely must be due a yellow. Tons of penalties conceded in this half.

Comment

England breezed by us two weeks ago...have been utterly mangled on the deck tonight by Fiji. Lots of points left on the board by the South Sea men too. Negative indication for us, very negative.
                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                        England breezed by us two weeks ago...have been utterly mangled on the deck tonight by Fiji. Lots of points left on the board by the South Sea men too. Negative indication for us, very negative.
                                                        Fiji are like Italy. They get up for one big performance per tournament. Accordingly hoping for Italy to bash the shite out of the frogs this w/e.

I would read precisely nothing into the warm-up games. Jaysus Lloyd, can you not wait until we actually play before you start exulting in our failure? Go back to sticking pins in your Johnny Sexton voodoo doll.

Comment

Ah yeah, that's how sport works.
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Fiji are like Italy. They get up for one big performance per tournament. Accordingly hoping for Italy to bash the shite out of the frogs this w/e.

I would read precisely nothing into the warm-up games. Jaysus Lloyd, can you not wait until we actually play before you start exulting in our failure? Go back to sticking pins in your Johnny Sexton voodoo doll.
                                                            wtf? I have no interest in Ireland failing.
                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Ah yeah, that's how sport works.
                                                              Ah yeah, shur we're great so we are. Two Six Nations in a row. It'll be grand.

Comment

wtf? I have no interest in Ireland failing.
                                                                Yes you do. You're bursting to unleash negativity about Schmidt and\or Sexton. You love it.

You remind me of FF supporters (and actually SF ones too) who are visibly upset that the economy has recovered. The height of anti-patriotism imo.

Comment

I think the players had it in the minds not to get injured in the warm ups.
                                                                  Also Schmidt was hardly going to give away his moves off set plays etc.
                                                                  Dont know why we are favs over France in a world cup though.
                                                                  Cant wait till Guy Noves takes over

Comment

For those who have seen the Dove Kipling rugby advert.

Having the Irish lad say the line about being proud to sing national anthem is a bit odd is it not, what with the Irelands call bit et al

Or was that the point and that is our anthem now

Comment

That Gareth Thomas ad is so tilting...

Comment

In the build up matches weren't all and sundry giving the english abuse for going full hammer in the warm ups while everyone else was trying a few things/players etc?

Comment

Yes you do. You're bursting to unleash negativity about Schmidt and\or Sexton. You love it.

You remind me of FF supporters (and actually SF ones too) who are visibly upset that the economy has recovered. The height of anti-patriotism imo.
                                                                          I have no interest in seeing us lose the quarter final or potential semi final I'll be attending in person. I've been an ardent Irish Rugby fan for a long time amongst a myriad of coaching setups and provincial dominations of the national lineups.

Comment

I have no interest in seeing us lose the quarter final or potential semi final I'll be attending in person. I've been an ardent Irish Rugby fan for a long time amongst a myriad of coaching setups and provincial dominations of the national lineups.
                                                                            Munster till you die Lloyd

Comment

...
                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

@Kayroo/Keane/Dobby

My take on Sunday.

I thanked Keanes post cos I always like the effort and knowledge he puts into his posts but I disagree with him on the kickouts. Kerry will target them imo. We always do and I can't see them changing this time. Heard a snippet from Fitz tonight and he basically said the alternative is Dublin running at you.

My fear for Kerry is that they will think last years setup against Donegal will suffice this year and I don't think it will. We all know Donegal like a lead and will defend same with their life. Dublin just offer so much more than that. I am also very very worried about our full back line (gave a few lines on it last night). I can honestly see BB and Andrews running wild but I hope I have underestimated Enright.

Saying all that I think Kerry will score 2 goals in the game. We do have the forwards to unlock Dublins defence. The question will be what we concede at the other end.

Also think it will be Connolly, Flynn and MacAuley that will do damage rather than our own nemesis Maxi.

After all that shite, what do I really think - whoever is leading at HT will win the match, even if only by a point. My heart obv says Kerry, my head is very very very worried though.

You Kayroo?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                  Even to a non-sports-person, it seems that the rugby setup looks woefully bad compared to the football world cup. Proper bit of excitement every day in the football, but this looks like a month or so of random matches before eventually settling down into a competition.

Heard the TV3 commentary is woeful,and the alternative is ITV, who usually manage to out jingo the BBC in football world cups and are just shoddier all round. Going to have to flick off off the ball and fast forward through more of second captains than usual for the next 4 weeks till it gets interesting.

Comment

Quality bandwaggoning from ElSham... I doubt he will have the stamina for two months of it

Comment

This sin bin is shite already
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                        Even to a non-sports-person, it seems that the rugby setup looks woefully bad compared to the football world cup. Proper bit of excitement every day in the football, but this looks like a month or so of random matches before eventually settling down into a competition.
                                                                                        Format is Similiar to football . I mean it is seeded in the same way as it is in in football, only reason why it is more spread out is because of recovery times needed between matches and less group games overall. Of the group games, pool A is obviously the toughest but in pool B and D it is far from certain who will get runner up spot. Only group C can be considered boring imo and they have the all blacks
                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Ah yeah, shur we're great so we are. Two Six Nations in a row. It'll be grand.
                                                                                          At least you've got Liverpool games to look forward to m8

Comment

Quality bandwaggoning from ElSham... I doubt he will have the stamina for two months of it

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago

Bored already, let me know when the quarters start
                                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                                            Didn't even last till middle of 2nd half

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                              You Kayroo?
                                                                                              I am completely terrified by this game and I LOVE it. Same as before the semi-final. Whatever happens the team that wins this game will absolutely deserve it. Neither team is handing out gifts anymore. Both far too battle hardened for that.

My thoughts:

Kerry full back line is significantly weakened. Enright is either going to come of age or have the sort of game people talk about only when he's not in the room. Brogan is having his most mature and complete season. He's really becoming the leader of that forward division and could absolute roast Enright. How Flynn and Connolly play will be key. Don't be surprised to see Flynn play 45 before being hauled ashore for A. Brogan.

Kerry are better in midfield. Not really a contest. Bastick and Fenton (team announced with them in it) aren't as good as MDMA and Cian O'Sullivan were in 2013. Fenton is 2 years from being a force of nature in there but he's not the complete package yet. MDMA to reprise his Kevin Mc-esque supersub role and come on with 20 to go and run straight at Kerry. Problem is if Kerry get on top in midfield the last 20 might be too late. It's such a tricky spot for Dublin.

Kickouts, as always, are key for Dublin. I agree with you Careca - Kerry will press on the kickout and leave Flynn as the option if anything. Tempt Cluxton to kick to him and then press him hard. They're going to overload Connolly and Kilkenny to make sure the kick passes into the full forward line are limited. Can't double mark everyone so Flynn is the designated weak link I think. How he plays will be huge to the outcome.

I do expect to see something akin to the bait and switch Kerry used against Donegal last year by bringing Gooch and O'Donoghue out the field and isolating Geaney inside. He is lethal in there with space for lateral runs.

Ultimately what sets these teams apart is their respective benches. Whichever bench contributes most I expect to see them win out. Barry John and a couple of others for Kerry could see them close a game out. I think Kerry need to be ahead with 15 to go. If they are they'll have enough to see it through. Fully expect McManamon, MDMA, A. Brogan and Tomas Brady to come in. Mick Fitz likely given a specific job on whichever sub comes in for Kerry in the forwards first just as he came in and nullified Moran.

If I had to call it, and I really really do not know, I honestly think Kerry have a little more on the bench and should see it out. Dublin have to score goals to win. Kerry by 2
                                                                                              Last edited by Kayroo; 18-09-15, 22:23.
                                                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Four hours of the best hip hop/electro vibes from Autechre's record collection...

Hot damn.

Very few musical acts achieve the levels of unanimous acclaim of Autechre. The English duo of Rob Brown and Sean Booth are not an act you simply like; they are an act you love, fawn over and dream abo

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                                  Four hours of the best hip hop/electro vibes from Autechre's record collection...

Hot damn.

https://soundcloud.com/dkmntl/dekmantelpodcastautechre
                                                                                                  All the dekmantel boiler rooms went up. Hunees is well worth a watch/listen
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                    All the dekmantel boiler rooms went up.
                                                                                                    All of them? Really? Well I never.

I thought maybe 2 or 3, but not all of them. That's mad Ted.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                      All of them? Really? Well I never.

I thought maybe 2 or 3, but not all of them. That's mad Ted.
                                                                                                      Crazy cunce
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                                                        Fuck all yous and your rugby world cup
                                                                                                        I hate the bandwagon bullshite, oh we are number 5 in the world,... of about 9 teams you bellend, more skill in womens netball, actually I dont mind the women saying they are rugby fans as you cant blame them, I am a fan of lingerie football myself, also
                                                                                                        It was always the fat unskillful players who played rugby in school,

Oh its a mans game not a bunch of pansies running around a field, fuck off with that shite too, Boxing or MMA is a tough sport if thats what you want to watch.

And another thing, too many sports in this fucking country, if we keep on divesfing our small albeit impressive talent pool, we are gonna be fucked
                                                                                                        SPOILER

SPOILER

Comment

People can call him a pussy all they like but he'd be stupid not to green up for a consolation grand IMO.
                                                                                                          Considering this is what he does for a living

SPOILER

Comment

Dublin can be pretty grim sometimes, on the way home and saw some shit trying to beg/steal from a little old lady, he changed his tune when two very large blokes decided to have a chat with him.

Have just called 999 for a junkie collapsed face down with a syringe in his fist outside my other half's house

Comment

Last chance to enter Last Man Standing!!!
                                                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                Considering this is what he does for a living

SPOILER
                                                                                                                Xtravision will make a comeback tho, let it ride!!
                                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Down to last 4 and in the money in my first poker game since April. Lol poker.

Obviously got very lucky on the way.

Edit. Just found out I'm sitting to the right of TheWitchDoctor. Switchy introduced us. Top bloke.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by dobby; 19-09-15, 01:31.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                    Down to last 4 and in the money in my first poker game since April. Lol poker.

Obviously got very lucky on the way.
                                                                                                                    Your account is worth a few quid now.

PM Noel Hayes.

Comment

Favourite scene from The Wire?

SPOILER

Comment

Can't link properly on the phone but the one that jumps out at first thought is..

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        Where the fuck is Wallace?

So many fantastic scenes in the GOAT show I could change my mind ten times over if I thought.
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                          Can't link properly on the phone but the one that jumps out at first thought is..

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          Where the fuck is Wallace?

So many fantastic scenes in the GOAT show I could change my mind ten times over if I thought.
                                                                                                                          I went too early there.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          McNulty drink driving into the bridge
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X