Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the Vegan talk reminded me I have two fillet steaks and 3 peppered steak burgers in the fridge that go out of date tomorrow. Today will be a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
      I agree - I also think that when it is your wedding, you get to set a lot of a rules and in general people shouldn't judge you too harshly for it. As long as people are aware in advance of what they are getting into, it shouldn't be a big problem.
      Aware in advance meaning you know to deduct the price of a shit kicking kebab, on the way home, from what you would normally put in the envelope.
      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
        I'd obv eat it and say nothing but I still don't think its right to force your beliefs/feelings on everyone. If say 100 turned up at the wedding, what percentage of vegans do you imagine would be there (max 10?). Also, I'm sure the meal would be lovely, I'm not comparing dishes or anything.

While you're on , trying to stay off red meat for a month. Going to eat chicken/turkey because I eat a lot of sambos and I don't like just salad ones. Anyway, give us a nice easy to make recipe that will impress the missus (preferably not one with a lot of pulses, beans). Ta.
        [QUOTE=Tar.Aldarion;96869358] Not sure what to recommend for other people. Recent meals I made were massaman curry with mixed veg, roast cashews, tofu and noodles. The one before was a red wine chickpea and mushroom/veg dish.

A personal favourite is peanut butter stew and brown rice.

I add a lot more veg to it though. Here are some dishes I have made recently that I can give the recipe for if you like any, unfortunately I eat a lot of beans/pulses

SPOILER

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
        Did your family see any funny shapes and colours after the ones you picked for them?

I didn't like loads when I was younger but will eat anything now. Including olives, olives are class ya have to keep trying them a few times and the become so good
        If only, i could have sold them at school.

Yeah i'm the same really, when I eat things a good few times I realise I now like it and can't imagine not liking it. Olives are pretty much the only thing that I have left to like.
        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 02-11-15, 15:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
          Ah I'm as much of a carnivore as the rest of you but I don't think a vegan meal is really forcing on people.
          I agree with you however I have a feeling, my subconscious is calling the shots as it would mean a good run on the beer for the day without been bloated by beef

Comment

Was at a wedding once were the food was top notch yet still people complained.
            Always one (or two) .

Comment

Originally posted by lotto
              Dear LSB

Thank you for your email.

Quite often during bus periods, agents will print off tickets in advance for sale. There are also occasions where an Agent will retain tickets for sale, if a customer has asked for a ticket and then changed their mind/refused to pay. Although this is not something that we actively encourage, we consider that each ticket is a valid entry into the draw.

Given that tickets are printed and sold ahead of the draw, it is difficult to discern how or why anyone would "siphon" off tickets. If the Agent does not sell all of the tickets that he has printed, he bears the cost of them as they are live tickets.

Customers are also advised to check their tickets at time of purchase.

Regards

Louise Ray

Customer Services
              I don't believe Louise Ray has quite understood the nature or gravitas of the situation.
              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post

While you're on , trying to stay off red meat for a month. Going to eat chicken/turkey because I eat a lot of sambos and I don't like just salad ones.
                Going cold turkey, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                  I don't believe Louise Ray has quite understood the nature or gravitas of the situation.
                  Not sure I do either TBH
                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Why stay off red meat for a month? I'd hope it's because of a sizeable bet but sadly I suspect it is being dictated by a female by the rest of your post Careca.

I are disappoint.

Comment

Sober November.

Snow has come.

Not the best Monday.

Tar how'd your costume go? Mine was a bit shit this year.
                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                        Not sure I do either TBH
                        DQTDJ

Don't quit the day job.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                          Sober November.

Snow has come.

Not the best Monday.

Tar how'd your costume go? Mine was a bit shit this year.
                          I went for the second easiest option available after priest and dressed as an All Black.

SPOILER

EDIT: Image doesn't seem to want to work, but you get the idea
                          Attached Files

Comment

Should have blacked up obv

Comment

Great news for IVB members, Guinness to become a vegan-friendly beer soon.

Vegans will finally be able to enjoy a pint of the black stuff for the first time in Guinness’ history as the company will no longer use fish bladders in their stout-making process.
                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                Going cold turkey, eh?
                                Somewhere in Waterford a midget just shed a single tear.

Comment

Came into a nespresso shop in regents street to replace the shitload of my son's capsules I've used. So there's a free tasting bar and I sit down next to the world greatest coffee wanker who is shiting on at length to the girl serving.
                                  At the same moment as I read Riggers gravitas comment he says something particularly ridiculous and I burst my hole laughing. Unfortunate waitress can't keep it together and joins in.
                                  WP LSB
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I live to give m8

Comment

Town wedged. The bus arrives and is a c, as in stopping at the city center because of traffic. Looking forward to them fucking off to Lisbon.

Sure it'd be a top idea they wrote 83c on the Dublin bus app/electronic timetables. That way you'd know if the bus you were waiting on in the city center was stopping in the city center.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                        I didn't like them most of my life but used to collect them for my family when i was young, in the fields. Would collect thousands. If only I would know I would come to love them.

Does anybody else view on what they like change? When I was younger I didn't like much food, then as I have eaten them over the years it's like you come to like the things you didn't. Not olives though, they still taste like tyres.
                                        I never touched a mushroom until I was 28 and pregnant with my eldest. Suddenly wanted garlic mushrooms and have eat mushrooms ever since.

I also hated the smell and sight of toast and apart from eating it as a toddler I hadn't touched it again till I was about 23. My family thought it was the oddest thing ever to not like toast.

Just on food though. When I was pregnant with my middle kid, it was the smell of hotdog sausages that made me feel really bad. Couldn't stand the smell of them at all and had rat them up until then. Lewis himself doesn't like hotdog sausages so it must have came from him.

I went off meat when I was pregnant with my eldest as well and I couldn't stand the smell of BBQ's and had a god awful summer as it was a hot one and all I could smell were the blasted things.

She is a vegetarian and isn't fond of BBQ's!

Comment

Coffee wanker in a Nespresso shop? Kind of like beer hipster drinking Coors Light.

Comment

Jp going for the clean sweep
                                            Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 02-11-15, 18:55.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

In the market for a stapler. Chelsea blue preferable.

Comment

Hamper I won was delivered to me today. Manager knows me well already, she gave me 6 bottles of vino and a hamper full of sweets and a dvd lol. Red wine will be going to teacher and childminder for xmas
                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Ship the ticket for John Mayall at Ronnie Scott's tonight.
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                      In the market for a stapler. Chelsea blue preferable.
                                                      m8
                                                      any player you want on it?

Comment

thinking suarez

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                          m8
                                                          any player you want on it?
                                                          I would like two googly eyes and a shark fin on it m8.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                            Hamper I won was delivered to me today. Manager knows me well already, she gave me 6 bottles of vino and a hamper full of sweets and a dvd lol. Red wine will be going to teacher and childminder for xmas
                                                            Will it fuck

Comment

New Star Trek series coming. Interested to see what they are going to do with it and when it'll be set.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                I only speed read the last few pages - but am I right in thinking that Tar.Aldarion is preggers?
                                                                Yep, CHD is the father. They met in Bray one night.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                  Why stay off red meat for a month? I'd hope it's because of a sizeable bet but sadly I suspect it is being dictated by a female by the rest of your post Careca.

I are disappoint.
                                                                  Nothing too interesting. I am going to cut down the gargle for the month and just want to try and lose some weight. I eat far too much red meat and just thought I'd try something different for the month.

I never really eat salmon but had teriyaki salmon tonight and it was lovely.

@Tar, cheers for the recipes. I'll try that curry and let you know how it goes.

Comment

Just made this. Pretty bleedin awesome. Really simple, although I bought the Tzatziki, made it myself before and didn't like it, but Supervalu do a really good one.

Used small round pittas and grilled them.

Tasted like home made Zaytoon.
                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Mike Dean was happy with himself.

[VINE]e3xZuMJwwTl[/VINE]

Comment

Listened to the El Vy album tonight, it's excellent.

El Vy is Matt Berninger of The National's new project, they sold out a tour on the back of one song. They're playing Vicar St next month which sold out after a couple of hours. They moved it there after Whelan's sold out in about 45 seconds.

I managed to bag four, got lucky. A rare thing.

An awesome lyric from it, from a fucking awesome vocalist.....

"I'll be the one in the lobby in the coloured fuck me shirt, the green one,
                                                                        I'll be the one in the lobby in the green coloured fuck me shirt, the green one"

Comment

Massacre on UC tonight

Comment

Mike Dean was happy with himself.

[VINE]e3xZuMJwwTl[/VINE]
                                                                            He's such a fuckin' cunt
                                                                            Similar to this:

http://pharmaera.com/http://www.facebook.com/pages/PharmaEra/152720661495661?sk=wallReferee Mike Dean celebrated Louis Saha's Tottenham goal v Arsenal.FLV

Spurs both times...

Comment

...

Comment

Our sky catch up service is very annoying. IT'll work sometimes, other times it says connect the sky box to broadband (which it is, vis cable). Has anyone had this and been albe to fix it before?

Comment

Our sky catch up service is very annoying. IT'll work sometimes, other times it says connect the sky box to broadband (which it is, vis cable). Has anyone had this and been albe to fix it before?
                                                                                  upc?

Comment

Sky's user interface really is shit, although it's ten times better than UPC it seems to be way behind what it could be.

Maybe Android has spoilt everything else for me.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                      upc?
                                                                                      Not an option, wouldn't want to move to UPC anyhow.

Comment

Not an option, wouldn't want to move to UPC anyhow.
                                                                                        Sorry - should have been clearer. is it upc Broadband?

It's just before i used bridged mode and my own router, my upc connection was always disconnecting. Since then -not a problem at all.

Comment

have u the wifi enabled box?

if not pm address and ill send u a wifi connector yoke

or go to sky kiosk and take out HD upgrade and u get new box and 300 box sets for a tenner a month extra free install
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                            Read a bit recently on the 40-hour work week (or as we say here - the 35-hour work week)

Here's a nicely informed piece on the general pointlessness of working more than 40 hours a week.

And then there's this on how Sweden is moving towards a six-hour work day as a trial.

Like the idea of the six-hour work day if its genuinely productive. 9-12, lunch, 1-4, home.

The thing about this research is that apparently its more productive to work a six-hour day than a longer day. Can kinda see that as you're probably starting each day with a fresh rested perspective.
                                                                                            What about people who like their work?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                              I went for the second easiest option available after priest and dressed as an All Black.

SPOILER

EDIT: Image doesn't seem to want to work, but you get the idea
                                                                                              Went with this myself. Took 30 seconds to get ready!

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                                Sorry - should have been clearer. is it upc Broadband?

It's just before i used bridged mode and my own router, my upc connection was always disconnecting. Since then -not a problem at all.
                                                                                                Vodafone fibre. Can't get UPC BB where I am.

have u the wifi enabled box?

if not pm address and ill send u a wifi connector yoke

or go to sky kiosk and take out HD upgrade and u get new box and 300 box sets for a tenner a month extra free install
                                                                                                It is one of these yolks.

Probably before built in wifi (2001 I got it I think?), but it's beside the router so I don't mind having it connected by cable as it'd be faster anyhow. It works sometimes, not others.

Comment

Vodafone fibre. Can't get UPC BB where I am.

It is one of these yolks.

Probably before built in wifi (2001 I got it I think?), but it's beside the router so I don't mind having it connected by cable as it'd be faster anyhow. It works sometimes, not others.
                                                                                                  have u HD sub?

u get new wifi enabled box , and the box sets are a right job, plus brand new box with 12 month warrenty

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Yep, have HD sub. Will they send me a new box free of charge for the craic? Will it mean a new contract too?

Comment

Satnavs never off the clock. Be careful 5star you'll end up with a new contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                        Sky's user interface really is shit, although it's ten times better than UPC it seems to be way behind what it could be.

Maybe Android has spoilt everything else for me.
                                                                                                        cheek of you, nothing surpasses sky
                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Yep, have HD sub. Will they send me a new box free of charge for the craic? Will it mean a new contract too?
                                                                                                          no good so, if u want the connector yoke let me know , might help dunno
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

That Portuguese wine on the left is fantastic.

Comment

That Portuguese wine on the left is fantastic.
                                                                                                              A friend of mine who I grew up with , used to own Dundrum house hotel ,( well parents )said same. gave a bottle to a friend of mine tonight and she had a glass, I tasted it . ugh yuk hate red wine!
                                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

A friend of mine who I grew up with , used to own Dundrum house hotel ,( well parents )said same. gave a bottle to a friend of mine tonight and she had a glass, I tasted it . ugh yuk hate red wine!
                                                                                                                  I don't like sweet or fruity wine, love dry whites and robust reds.

On a related topic, a Polish customer of mine was home recently and brought me back a bottle of Zubrowska Bison Grass vodka, it's the vodka with the blade of grass in the bottle. He recommended it with apple juice, think I've found my new drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                    But the point of this (does no-one read links ) is that the human brain can't actually work much more than six hours in creative jobs. So its about taking that redundant time we spend in work and turning it into some more life-positive.
                                                                                                                    If I were able to take a two hour nap in the afternoon, I would rule the world. Instead I feel I have been the inspiration for all of the recent Zombie series in the last 10 years.

Comment

I don't like sweet or fruity wine, love dry whites and robust reds.

On a related topic, a Polish customer of mine was home recently and brought me back a bottle of Zubrowska Bison Grass vodka, it's the vodka with the blade of grass in the bottle. He recommended it with apple juice, think I've found my new drink.
                                                                                                                      colm used to always bring it from poland when he worked there, seemingly very good for stomach problems!
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

It's also illegal in the US.

Comment

colm used to always bring it from poland when he worked there, seemingly very good for stomach problems!
                                                                                                                          Kinda like Troy McLure's 'Smoke yourself thin'...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X