X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rounders123
    replied
    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    So I missed my flight and the mean guy from the hotel made me pay a smoking in the room charge.
    Nearly missed the plane home from that London the other week myself as Clapham Junction was screwed because of weekend works. Needed to get a taxi to Gatwick from Clapham which i luckily shared with a couple from East Fife. Im a jinx re getting to the airport no matter how early i leave. Hate travelling, far too much hassle. Im as happier watching travelogues than i am actually travelling!.

Leave a comment:

• Strewelpeter
    replied
    Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
    Put the phone in flight mode. But once you turn off flight mode, then it'll show as being read.
    Thats what I did , turns out the question wasn't as demanding as I was expecting, thought I might have had to stay offline for the night

Leave a comment:

• NewApproach
    replied
    Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Urgent help needed

Is there a way to read whatsapp messages without them appearing marked as read to the sender?
    Put the phone in flight mode. But once you turn off flight mode, then it'll show as being read.

Leave a comment:

• Strewelpeter
    replied
    Urgent help needed

Is there a way to read whatsapp messages without them appearing marked as read to the sender?

Leave a comment:

• Tar.Aldarion
    replied
    Watching Vincent Brownes program about God, it's really funny, a lot of it is hard to listen to though. He really saves the show.

'when you talk to religious people to me it sounds like they are speaking gobbledygook'

Leave a comment:

• 6starpool
    replied
    So I missed my flight and the mean guy from the hotel made me pay a smoking in the room charge.
    How could smoking in the room mean you had to pay a smoking the room charge? Baffling.

Just as well you gave up smoking successfully recently though, isn't it, so you couldn't possibly have done it.

Leave a comment:

• Lazare
    replied
    Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
    Tool.
    I'm a tool for suggesting that people should be ashamed of praising and supporting the catholic church?

After what those cunts did?

To children, to women?

And this the tip of the iceberg.

Go and fuck yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    Fair enough, but I view what happened as a holocaust.

I'm intolerant of apologists of it.
    ummmmm, actually no

Leave a comment:

• jack90210
    replied
    Anyone under that age darkening the door of a church today needs to be ashamed of themselves.
    Tool.

Leave a comment:

• Hitchhiker's Guide To...
    replied

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

• Lazare
    replied
    Fuck Godwin too.

Leave a comment:

• Lazare
    replied
    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Sounds a bit, well, bigoted and intolerant.
    Fair enough, but I view what happened as a holocaust.

I'm intolerant of apologists of it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The thing seems with lots of liberals if you have a different opinion you can be called whatever.
    Poor pro Trump supporters were attacked in America.
    Can you imagine the media coverage and rightly so if crowds attacked say the gay pride here in Dublin the pediga parade was attacked violently by so called liberals as well last year.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Anyone under that age darkening the door of a church today needs to be ashamed of themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Lazare
    replied
    When you put it like that

I've no truck with the over 65s attending mass and bowing to those cunts as they're suffering a kind of Stockholm syndrome, they come from an era where it was beat into you that the church represents all of your moral fibre. I have no issue with those people.

Leave a comment:

• Strewelpeter
    replied
    When you put it like that

Leave a comment:

• Lao Lao
    replied
    Originally posted by The Situation View Post
    Well don't loan the fecking money in the first place, I'd always doubt selfless kindness is the motivation for doing that, it's attention seeking on some level, as is coming back on a forum and bemoaning not getting it back.

And I think it's safe to say it is an addiction problem with the accused.
    Seriously?

You think I gave somebody a loan of money because I'm an attention seeker, full in the knowledge I wouldn't get paid back so I could then wait over 7 years to post about it on a forum to get more attention?

Will you get a grip.

Leave a comment:

• Hatedajacks
    replied
    Prob fair point that i shouldnt have put in full name. I actually like Mick alot. Funny guy and enjoyable at the table but was crazy how many people used to tell me they had lent him money. I will edit surname out though a bit late.

Leave a comment:

• Strewelpeter
    replied
    Originally posted by Sickpuppy

Think some debts you just have to write off especially gambly poker ones.
    This.
    Wrong to even think of them as debts, they are losing dockets.

Leave a comment:

• Lao Lao
    replied
    Originally posted by DJ75 View Post
    Ridiculous you can anonymously name and shame someone on a public forum and make accusations against him with no evidence and no chance to defend himself. Could be serious consquences for the accused (employment) and nothing for the accuser.
    Is that you Mick?

Kinda ironic that you are giving out about being anonymous and you are on here since 2005 and this is your first post so I would imagine nobody knows who you are? I also presume DJ75 isn't the name given to you by your parents?

While Lao Lao isn't my birth name either, an awful lot of the regular posters on here know me. We've played poker together, had beers, dinner, etc. I'm far from anonymous.

What evidence would you like from me? I'm afraid I didn't keep receipts or get IOU'S signed. I gave somebody a loan of cash and was never paid back. That person then completely dropped off the face of the earth and went from being a regular on the poker scene to not been seen at all. Maybe there are valid reasons for that, I don't know, as the person refused to answer a call from me when I tried to get paid back.

I take the majority of the responsibility in not getting paid back as I shouldn't have lent money to somebody who I only knew a year but you live and you learn and in the grand scheme of things, €400 is irrelevant.

The point I made was that a lot of people seemed to know what he was at. That he owed lots of people money. Everyone knew it but nobody seemed to talk about it which made it possible (or at the very least easier) for him to continue doing it.

The person has now resurfaced on the poker scene and I don't see anything wrong with alerting people who may not be aware of the past to ensure they don't get stung like others have.

Leave a comment:

• The Situation
    replied
    Originally posted by Ed View Post
    What's the alternative? People aren't going to show up with a baseball bat over a couple of hundred, so should they just shut up and let other people have the same thing happen?

People who lend money always take on a degree of risk and of course take some of the blame if they get screwed over but not naming them on the off chance that it's a mental health issue rather than a plain old stealing issue seems flawed to me
    Well don't loan the fecking money in the first place, I'd always doubt selfless kindness is the motivation for doing that, it's attention seeking on some level, as is coming back on a forum and bemoaning not getting it back.

And I think it's safe to say it is an addiction problem with the accused.

Leave a comment:

• Ed
    replied
    Originally posted by The Situation View Post
    More from the mental health aspect, it's very classless to be sharing humiliating stories of a guy with a clear problem.
    What's the alternative? People aren't going to show up with a baseball bat over a couple of hundred, so should they just shut up and let other people have the same thing happen?

People who lend money always take on a degree of risk and of course take some of the blame if they get screwed over but not naming them on the off chance that it's a mental health issue rather than a plain old stealing issue seems flawed to me

Leave a comment:

• The Situation
    replied
    Originally posted by Ed View Post
    What sort of evidence would you require? I imagine there's a fair few people on here who could tell similar stories and would happily post "Player X (no, not that one) borrowed money from me and didn't pay it back" if you're worried about this just being a singular accusation
    More from the mental health aspect, it's very classless to be sharing humiliating stories of a guy with a clear problem.

Leave a comment:

• Ed
    replied
    Originally posted by DJ75 View Post
    Ridiculous you can anonymously name and shame someone on a public forum and make accusations against him with no evidence and no chance to defend himself. Could be serious consquences for the accused (employment) and nothing for the accuser.
    What sort of evidence would you require? I imagine there's a fair few people on here who could tell similar stories and would happily post "Player X (no, not that one) borrowed money from me and didn't pay it back" if you're worried about this just being a singular accusation

Leave a comment:

• dobby
    replied
    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
    I doubt this will keep the brains of IPB scratching their heads for too long, though might keep the Wolfpack going for a few hours.

Still working on this. Should have an answer by this evening

Leave a comment:

• DJ75
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jibzzzz
    replied
    I see downtown on Sam Abernathy instagram at the UFC together, date night. WP that man.

Leave a comment:

• Trippie
    replied
    We should probably send him over to germany next time we "don't need" a bailout and see what he comes back with.

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

• CHDad
    replied

Gotta Enjoy it.
    Last edited by CHDad; 05-03-17, 02:09.

Leave a comment:

• TheDrunkenOne
    replied
    Funny how the brain/mind works.
    Chatting to wife about old days etc and a lyric came into my head.
    "The Doctor gets nervous completing the service , hes all rubber gloves and no head. He fumbles the light switch, just another hitch wishes to god he was dead!................."
    Knew I knew it from way back from a guy/friend I did accountancy with in 1980 odd who went to London and died from cancer or summit when soo young. RIP Gerry Greene.
    Anyhow that lyric/song came into head and thanks to google I found it again
    A partner of mine went to England for an abortion before I met her and thats why I remember the words
    Funny how brain/mind remembers/forgets stuff and what triggers it.....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Leave a comment:

• Lao Lao
    replied
    Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
    Jaysus, what would have possessed you to ever lend a poker player 400 unless you were certain you'd get it back.

I did 50 a few times, that's about it.
    He well and truly played the long game with me and I fell for it hook, line & sinker.

He's borrowed off me several times, between 50 and 150, and always paid me back promptly.

Then he borrowed 150 again and then one night he hit me up for 250 after he got cleaned out in a cash game in a bad beat and was trying to recoup his losses. Then he disappeared off the face of the earth

Totally my own fault for loaning that much. What I do find interesting is that so many people in the poker community knew about him borrowing money and possibly stinging people but it never seemed to be talked about or at least I never heard even a whisper about it

First I knew it was a problem, was sitting in a cash game in the Sporting and it was announced he just took down the cash league in the Jackpot. A few people headed over there from the Sporting looking for him and there was a joke that half of Dublin would be descending on it. That's when the penny dropped, albeit way too late!

Leave a comment:

• 6starpool
    replied
    Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
    You were lucky, if I didn't have 3/4 of a bottle of wine in me, I'd drive in and try get the 400 I'm owed from about 7 years ago
    Jaysus, what would have possessed you to ever lend a poker player 400 unless you were certain you'd get it back.

I did 50 a few times, that's about it.

Leave a comment:

• Lao Lao
    replied
    Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
    Mick the lip in the Sports playing if anyone owed any money from him
    Hardly worth driving in for a nifty
    You were lucky, if I didn't have 3/4 of a bottle of wine in me, I'd drive in and try get the 400 I'm owed from about 7 years ago
    Last edited by Lao Lao; 05-03-17, 14:38.

Leave a comment:

• Jibzzzz
    replied
    Interview is just pure desperation and cringe worthy.

Leave a comment:

• Denny Crane
    replied
    yes, it is far-fetched that the administration would do it (it would be highly illegal). Note that Trump has offered no evidence whatsoever and seems to have picked this notion up from Breitbart news.

hence this wonderful response to Trump's tweets:

by Obama's former deputy NSA
    Of course everyone is tapped.

I've no idea of what Trump is doing here but looking to watching it unfold

Leave a comment:

• Denny Crane
    replied
    He is literally crazy
    His strategy and writings have been remarkably consistent for a crazy man.

Leave a comment:

• KevIRL
    replied
    What a farce this fight is

Leave a comment:

• NoRiverRequired
    replied
    Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
    Any streams for the fight?

Leave a comment:

• Strewelpeter
    replied
    Hardly worth driving in for a nifty

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
    this would be the same NSA who tapped their allies phones (merkel etc)
    I'm not saying he's not nuts but if they bugged merkel you can be sure they were up on Trump at some stage. The NSA are dangerous freaks
    well, with solid analysis like that who am I to argue?

Trump must have realised this fact and was playing the long game by sacking his own National Security Advisor. Smart, smart man.

Leave a comment:

• NewApproach
    replied
    Any streams for the fight?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    yes, it is far-fetched that the administration would do it (it would be highly illegal). Note that Trump has offered no evidence whatsoever and seems to have picked this notion up from Breitbart news.

this would be the same NSA who tapped their allies phones (merkel etc)
    I'm not saying he's not nuts but if they bugged merkel you can be sure they were up on Trump at some stage. The NSA are dangerous freaks

Leave a comment:

• Hatedajacks
    replied
    Mick the lip in the Sports playing if anyone owed any money from him
    Last edited by Hatedajacks; 05-03-17, 14:20.

Leave a comment:

• ComradeCollie
    replied
    Is it really that far fetched that Obama/his administration would have his trumps phone tapped. Though in fairness I'm sure that standard for all presidential candidates
    I'm not even sure what he meant by tapped. I'd assume every phone conversation everywhere is recorded, just 'cause.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Is it really that far fetched that Obama/his administration would have his trumps phone tapped. Though in fairness I'm sure that standard for all presidential candidates

No President can order a wiretap. Those restrictions were put in place to protect citizens from people like you.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Leave a comment:

• Jibzzzz
    replied
    I see our Katie on now.

Flicking back between this and Cage warriors tempting me to stay up for the Khabibless UFC.

Leave a comment:

• Keane
    replied
    I'm on holidays again

Leave a comment:

• ComradeCollie
    replied
    Nigel really is a class act
    Farage?

Leave a comment:

• Strewelpeter
    replied
    Nigel really is a class act

Ball thrown in from off the pitch hit him on the back of the head and he turned around and flashed the yellow card at the ballboy.

Leave a comment:

• ComradeCollie
    replied
    He is literally crazy
    It's hardly news that he broke the rubber padded ceiling

And freak the bugger out.EDIT: COMMENTS ARE DISABLED! I'M TIRED OF THE IMMATURE BEHAVIOR AND THE CONSTANT NOTIFICATIONS!Charlie Brooker freaks out, Rich Hall...

Leave a comment:

• Strewelpeter
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    *This* Twitter outburst is definitely going to be the one that costs Trump.
    LOL

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

• Strewelpeter
    replied
    That was some catch and drive by McFadden

Leave a comment:

• CHDad
    replied
    Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
    Boxing stream anyone? All the links from reddit seem to have gone down for me

Leave a comment:

• ghostface
    replied
    At a wedding in Guinness storehouse free bar has ended now

Leave a comment:

• Denny Crane
    replied
    *This* Twitter outburst is definitely going to be the one that costs Trump.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X