X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trippie
    replied
    For all those wondering about the calorie to alchohol ratio in drinks. here is a handy guide.

Tequila good, NA beer bad.

Leave a comment:

• Trippie
    replied
    Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    Looking forward to this Monday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OasxD_oP8M
    You going to New Orleans? If you are you should at Cochon. great food and reasonably priced.

Last edited by Trippie; 03-03-17, 13:52.

Leave a comment:

• DeadParrot
    replied
    Looking forward to this Monday

Download & Stream This Song Here: https://pmjlive.com/the90s-volume1Experience PMJ Live on Tour: http://www.pmjtour.comShop PMJ Music / Merch: http://www.sho...

Leave a comment:

• Hitchhiker's Guide To...
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lord Sir Banter
    replied
    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    A quick check confirms I paid about €240 a night suggesting I need an abacus to accompany my next excursions into morning drinking.
    Expensive oversized locker for your stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Trippie
    replied
    has anyone ever topped zaytoon in the dublin kebabs stakes? Its such a ridic good kebab. Had the best kebab of all time in Bordeaux last year and still remember it fondly nearly every day, but the zaytoon offering is a highly decent contender for the top crown.
    Originally posted by dobby View Post
    Can't visit Dublin without a trip to zaytoon. Unreal stuff
    This my wife's favourite place to eat and have sent all of my american friends that have visited to the one on camden street. they love it.

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

• Strewelpeter
    replied
    The Dylan is undoubtedly hitch's kind of place.

Leave a comment:

• BennyHiFi
    replied
    Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
    Used to listen to a lot of 6 music, then it dwindled to just Marc Riley, then it dwindled...

The noise they make when they speak is like an incessant drone of nothing

...see how we go today, will give it a try
    Fair point. There is a lot of pointless chatter. Marc Riley, Stuart Maconie (a main offender), Huey Morgan, Gilles Peterson, Don Letts and Craig Charles would be various one i'd still tune into.

Most regular at the weekend to save me having to get up and change records every 20 mins and also to save the usual 'WTF is that noise' from MrsHiFi.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
    Orbital gonna do a live set shortly.

Easy to forget how Indie/Alternative music was so prominent in the mainstream then.

Do indie discos even exist still?

Who knows but today on 6Music is the radio equivalent and is exhilarating!

I spent 94 and 95 in Vancouver and Boston seeing the likes of Blur, Oasis, Portishead, Supergrass, Bjork, Radiohead, Elastica at small venues for a few dollars as they tried to 'break' America. Good times!
    Used to listen to a lot of 6 music, then it dwindled to just Marc Riley, then it dwindled...

The noise they make when they speak is like an incessant drone of nothing

...see how we go today, will give it a try

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

• Dice75
    replied

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

• BennyHiFi
    replied
    Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
    BBC 6 Music are doing 1994 Day. Only been listening for an hour and it's been ridic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music
    Orbital gonna do a live set shortly.

Easy to forget how Indie/Alternative music was so prominent in the mainstream then.

Do indie discos even exist still?

Who knows but today on 6Music is the radio equivalent and is exhilarating!

I spent 94 and 95 in Vancouver and Boston seeing the likes of Blur, Oasis, Portishead, Supergrass, Bjork, Radiohead, Elastica at small venues for a few dollars as they tried to 'break' America. Good times!
    Last edited by BennyHiFi; 03-03-17, 11:56.

Leave a comment:

• Strewelpeter
    replied
    Shatter went on the radio this morning and skewered Enda.
    Signed his death warrant and probably knocked him off course for the European Brexit leadership role he has been angling for.
    In not untypical Shatter fashion the drama was maximised by him not going on Morning Ireland but going on later when everyone was at Peter Matthews funeral this morning. You can just inmagine the texts and whats apps buzzers lighting up the church... TBF Matthews would have loved it
    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 03-03-17, 11:51.

Leave a comment:

• poprock
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    Interesting story

JP McManus loses $5.2m US tax case over backgammon game

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/j...game-1.2991507
    I imagine this was the face of the revenue guy sending documents to the IRS

Last edited by poprock; 03-03-17, 11:17.

Leave a comment:

• dobby
    replied
    Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
    Any breakfasts?
    Rashers, sausages, toast, tae. Savage

Leave a comment:

• DeadParrot
    replied
    Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
    Coming for a post work pint m8?
    Have a work thing this evening but the possibility of impromptu IPB drinkies is greater than zero %

Leave a comment:

• DeadParrot
    replied
    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Gotta hand it to Revenue, definitely my favourite arm of the state.

Walked in door at 8.31am, out at 8.40 with a promise of a couple of grand in refunds.

Might apply to a few on here too - Medical Insurance Relief where your employer pays the premium for you, spouse and family. You then pay BIK. You're entitled to relief of up to 1k per adult and 500 per child, at 20%. So 700 for me per tax year.
    I'd only been getting 200 credit per year (i.e. for me only) so due back a whack for 2013-16 and also to get my credits adjusted up for 2017.

Probably one most people aren't aware of. Bring in your P60s and your health insurance certs, balancing statements are refunds to be issued forthwith.
    just reminded me to put this years VHI through my company

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
    It's also just a couple of clicks on PAYE anytime without getting off your arse
    Not if it's for more than 1 person (in my case, five).

Leave a comment:

• eamonhonda
    replied

Walked in door at 8.31am, out at 8.40 with a promise of a couple of grand in refunds.

Might apply to a few on here too - Medical Insurance Relief where your employer pays the premium for you, spouse and family. You then pay BIK. You're entitled to relief of up to 1k per adult and 500 per child, at 20%. So 700 for me per tax year.
    I'd only been getting 200 credit per year (i.e. for me only) so due back a whack for 2013-16 and also to get my credits adjusted up for 2017.

Probably one most people aren't aware of. Bring in your P60s and your health insurance certs, balancing statements are refunds to be issued forthwith.
    It's also just a couple of clicks on PAYE anytime without getting off your arse

Leave a comment:

• Tar.Aldarion
    replied

Pro-tip for next time/other people. I do this through their online service, just had work write a one liner page saying how much my health insurance was, took a picture of it and sent it to them.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Imma bit sleepy

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I forgive Tom Cruise everything for this !

A love scene from the film Legend (1985) with Tom Cruise, Mia Sara, Tim Curry, and David Bennent.Production Companies: Legend Production Company (made by)...

Leave a comment:

• AndyFatBastard
    replied
    BBC 6 Music are doing 1994 Day. Only been listening for an hour and it's been ridic.

Leave a comment:

• Denny Crane
    replied
    Interesting story

JP McManus loses $5.2m US tax case over backgammon game

Leave a comment:

• Denny Crane
    replied

Do you get it automatically for yourself?

Seems an odd system to charge you BIK and then give you relief on it...

Leave a comment:

• AndyFatBastard
    replied
    Promise not to change, but it hasn't worked out too well so maybe theres a lesson for all of us there. Felt it was too catastrophic to go to the airport, as seemingly that morning brandy was the beginning of a binge so have booked a new flight for Sunday. *fingers crossed* between the hotel and new flight it was a €600 brandy. ffs.
    Coming for a post work pint m8?

Leave a comment:

• Lord Sir Banter
    replied
    Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Watch the hands, the little stubby hands.
    Any breakfasts?

Leave a comment:

• Strewelpeter
    replied

They are even more ruthlessly efficent from the other side of the equation

Leave a comment:

• Mellor
    replied
    ...you can't masturbate in your mothers house,
    Teenagers everywhere would beg to differ.

Caffè corretto.

A vital part of staying alive on my rugby forays to southern France.

I applaud your choice of beverage.
    I always thought that coffee was brandy was a French/Parisienne coffee - in the same way that an Irish coffee is whiskey.

Leave a comment:

• Strewelpeter
    replied
    This guy?

SPOILER
    Watch the hands, the little stubby hands.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Not so sure about the other choices. Is this not likely to descend into more domestic rancour?

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    So impressed with my ability to wake up at 6am. Until the age of about 35 I'd almost never seen what life was like before 11am. I am though mixing a brandy into my morning coffee by way of reward so not fully there yet in the sophistication stakes.
    Caffè corretto.

A vital part of staying alive on my rugby forays to southern France.

I applaud your choice of beverage.

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

• Mellor
    replied
    Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
    You were actually way less than 41/1 if you knew all bar one of your numbers matched the winning numbers, and that it was won. Just saying
    Very good point. Looking over the last few draws, the match 5 results has been mid-20s on average. As low as 11 people - who might not even have had unique missing numbers.

On that note. Say you have a group of people, who each pick one number from lottos pool of 42 numbers. I wonder how many people do you need to have in the group for it to become likely that people will pick the same number? Assuming random picks, even those its not the case really

So impressed with my ability to wake up at 6am. Until the age of about 35 I'd almost never seen what life was like before 11am. I am though mixing a brandy into my morning coffee by way of reward so not fully there yet in the sophistication stakes.
    Hitch, don't ever change.

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

• oleras
    replied
    Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
    The Latin Quarter in Galway city will play host to ‘Gin Fest’ a 4 day celebration of all things related to Gin from Thursday 30th March – Sunday 2nd April 2017

http://thelatinquarter.ie/the-latin-...ents-gin-fest/
    I am up there next week thur-sat, i will do a pre tour tour.

Leave a comment:

• dobby
    replied
    Originally posted by mocata View Post
    Anyone know of decent accommodation in Killarney/dingle part of the world that could sleep 10?
    Rookery Mews apartments Killarney. Owned by my landlords, basic apartments but in a fantastic and quiet location. They're easy going and would do a good deal I think.

Something more upmarket would be the malton apartments.

Don't know Dingle well enough unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• Wombatman
    replied
    The Latin Quarter in Galway city will play host to ‘Gin Fest’ a 4 day celebration of all things related to Gin from Thursday 30th March – Sunday 2nd April 2017

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    This guy?

SPOILER
    He once sat beside Jessie or he once shock hands with the Al Sharpton?

Leave a comment:

• Wombatman
    replied
    Our very own doke vs computer AI

Leave a comment:

• Denny Crane
    replied
    Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Once again Denny please try explain to me how it is not legitimate to compare this to the way Germeny in the 30's worked
    This guy?

SPOILER

Mr. Speaker, Mr. Vice President, Members of Congress, the First Lady of the United States, and Citizens of America:

Tonight, as we mark the conclusion of our celebration of Black History Month, we are reminded of our Nation's path toward civil rights and the work that still remains. Recent threats targeting Jewish Community Centers and vandalism of Jewish cemeteries, as well as last week's shooting in Kansas City, remind us that while we may be a Nation divided on policies, we are a country that stands united in condemning hate and evil in all its forms.

Each American generation passes the torch of truth, liberty and justice –- in an unbroken chain all the way down to the present.

Leave a comment:

• Strewelpeter
    replied
    Whats going on in Washington is outrageous.
    Trump up to his ass in debt to the Putrid Putin's Russia and when his AG is caught blatantly lying under oath about his contacts during the election they rigged for him the Republican'ts leader Paul Ryan rolls over like a pet poodle.
    Fucking hell
    Once again Denny please try explain to me how it is not legitimate to compare this to the way Germeny in the 30's worked

Leave a comment:

• NewApproach
    replied
    Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    Actually a 41/1 shot away from €6.5m now that I think about it, given I would've shared it.

Hurts €6.5m less now. That's a lot less, I'll take that.
    You were actually way less than 41/1 if you knew all bar one of your numbers matched the winning numbers, and that it was won. Just saying

Leave a comment:

• mocata
    replied
    Anyone know of decent accommodation in Killarney/dingle part of the world that could sleep 10?

Leave a comment:

• TheJiggaman
    replied
    Originally posted by mdoug View Post
    The invention of the wireless headphones have very much improved the difficulty in the ever popular game of spot the crazies
    They've made things soooo much better for me in the gym - Especially boxing. Having the wireless headphones is a godsend.

Leave a comment:

• dobby
    replied
    has anyone ever topped zaytoon in the dublin kebabs stakes? Its such a ridic good kebab. Had the best kebab of all time in Bordeaux last year and still remember it fondly nearly every day, but the zaytoon offering is a highly decent contender for the top crown.
    Can't visit Dublin without a trip to zaytoon. Unreal stuff

Leave a comment:

• Lazare
    replied
    (Dis)Honesty: The Truth About Lies on Netflix is a really great watch.

Mind=Blown at it's findings. Some fantastic interviews and stories, particularly the NBA ref that got involved in tipping the Gambino family off on fixed matches. Mad stuff.

Leave a comment:

• SatNav
    replied
    @strewl mia started her first term with Patricia Finnigan last week.

Kinda hoping for her breaking a record deal in next few yrs
    Child costing me a fortune!
    Thinking of putting her outside post office with guitar and cap and our 14 yr old dog in the summer to repay me

Switched to new guitar teacher. Fairly well known band around here, transmitter. He's guitarist, lovely chap and quite critical which I like!

Leave a comment:

• mdoug
    replied
    The invention of the wireless headphones have very much improved the difficulty in the ever popular game of spot the crazies

Leave a comment:

• Lazare
    replied
    Kebabs are the ultimate foodstuff. Have at least two a week for lunches
    Kebabs are great.

Leave a comment:

• careca
    replied
    as per usual pretty sure I told this before but shared a house with a good friend and we used to do the lotto each week. He'd do Sat and I'd do Wed, same numbers, halves. We never had a penny to our names, drinking every weekend gambling like fuck.

I rang him one April fools (Thu) knowing he was smashed and asked him if he wanted €500 (something like that). He said for what and I said "how much was 5 numbers worth in the lotto last night". He was fucking thrilled, I mean I could hear how much down the phone line. Told him I'd have it for him that evening and we'd go for a few pints. Just before I hung up I asked him what date it was

Leave a comment:

• careca
    replied
    Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
    We go again
    Never liked you anyway

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X