This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Not convinced on that. Someone needs to invent a smellometer so we can test these things. People used to, until very recently, just have the one bath a week. What has changed? If you don't sweat, then what smell are you actually creating? Going to ask my friend to not use his newborn kid as an excuse though and shower more regularly. But, showering twice a day, Dobbs, is something odd (my weird friend asked me to tell you) unless you grow an outrageous rapid-growth mold on your body that only Tesco Citrus Creme can remove.
    it's nt about smell, surely it's about bacteria. If I leave it two days the mushrooms come back

Comment

It's just about feeling clean for me. A shower in the morning is just part of my daily routine, couldn't function without it. Working in a cleaners I'm dealing with steam and chemicals all day so I feel like dirt when I get home.

That guy probably finds it odd cos he's a dirty so and so and is trying to convince himself he's right

Comment

Have to have a shower every morning. And a coffee.

Can't start the day without either of those two things.

Rarely have more than one of either a day.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

i've never really sweat that much and have a very relaxed schedule these days, showering in the morning wouldnt be automatic. if i get up and know ill be working out at lunch while lounging around the house that morning i'd tend to it after then.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

NASA have done a lot of research on washing while trying to figure out long duration space flight. Seemingly your clothes absorb the vast majority of bacteria so changing your clothes regularly is more important than washing.

Comment

Bit disappointing they didn't call the Mexican Hurricane 'Speedy Gonzalas'

Comment

The real story behind why Billy Walsh said goodbye to Irish boxing

At its most basic level, the notion that the man running the High Performance programme would need written permission simply to communicate with people he, clearly, had to communicate with offers a glimpse of the document's prevailing tone.
                  The deal fell down on matters of autonomy. The one area that was in the IABA'S control.
                  Good article.
                  Last edited by Emmet; 24-10-15, 09:49.

Comment

PP enhancing NZ to win to evs, max is 20 thougj

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                      PP enhancing NZ to win to evs, max is 20 thougj
                      I got on but looks like its taken down already!

Comment

played the IPO yesterday after work. Was really looking forward to it but I just dont have the love for the pokers any more. It didnt seem like there was as much banter at the tables (well not from the IPO I remember anyway) too many people wearing sunglasses and headphones.

Got to the last level with 60K - 30bb and was just looking for a spot to donk it in so I didnt have to come back Sunday. I seen ANdyFB and Kayroo but didnt get a chance to say hello hopefully catch up with you again.

My fav moment - there was this frenchie at my table who had a rail that would come in and fist bump him every time he won a pot. proper obnoxious stuff. Some Dub reg called his 50bb shove all in on a flop where he had no pair no draw and sucked out with runner runner gutterball. He went ballistic. The whole table just laughing at him and he went off shouting at the old dublin guy. the dublin guy just stook out his hand for the fist bump

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                            Got to the last level with 60K - 30bb and was just looking for a spot to donk it in so I didnt have to come back Sunday. I seen ANdyFB and Kayroo but didnt get a chance to say hello hopefully catch up with you again.
                            Ah shit sorry I didn't notice you. Will probably be down tonight for more pints and definitely no poker.
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Couldn't imagine starting every day without a shower, even without having to do anything that day. Would definitely 2x it if living somewhere warmer. The real thing I can't understand though is the people who have a single daily shower but do it at night time. Those people are freaks.
                              Last edited by Denny Crane; 24-10-15, 14:29.

Comment

2+ showers a day in Malta during the summer, you're usually dripping in sweat from drying yourself off after a shower.

Comment

A quick shower takes 2 minutes. How is this even a discussion? How busy are you Hitch not to be able to find the time?

I shower every morning and in the evening I'll grab a quick shower if I'm feeling grimey and sticky.

By the way I've been out camping in the woods and not bothered with more than a wash in a stream for about 5 days and it wasn't an issue. I didn't really notice my own smell and the stream washed away the sticky sweaty feel, but why the fuck wouldn't you wash if you're mixing with people and its very convenient.
                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Eating eggacado brunches in Shoreditch... Level 7 hipster s in close proximity. Odd people.

Is betfair down for everyone?
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

On NZ -8 and Arg +6 double.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                          Gone for nz-3.5 half time hc

Ben Smith first tryscorer

Mealamu last tryscorer

Comment

Speaking of Malta... Greetings BBV from St Julian's where we are currently sitting with a drink in the sunshine about to eat

How is the weather back home

Comment

Talking about rugby, Connacht just beat the Ospreys away for the first time since 2004 Bundee Aki is some exciting player.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post

How is the weather back home
                                                Unseasonably pleasant.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Is betfair down for everyone?
                                                  Can't get onto it at all on my phone, Ok on laptop but they've been having issues with their exchange

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                    Unseasonably pleasant.
                                                    Yeah, would've hit the beach if it wasn't for the match.

Ul flushys, going away during a heatwave.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                      On a scale of 1-10 I'm trying to judge a particular Transport Company's incompetence......

Order 1 (important stuff) leaves Tuesday to be in Dublin Friday
                                                      Order 2 (rest of stuff) leaves Friday.
                                                      This is a complete joke. There should be no way this should happen. I'm also not sure why the stuff is coming in a container from Germany. Most stuff should be coming via truck unless it is a full load and even then, if it's that urgent, it should come via truck. By truck is way faster (and more expensive) than via container.

The feeder schedule ex Rotterdam has been a bit out of kilter the last week or two due to one vessel being held by the dept of state so this may have hampered your transit time but as I said earlier, if this is urgent and important, it should be coming via truck. Looks like ze Germans and incompetent and cheap

Dusseldorf / Monchengladbach - I don't organise/pay for the transport so no choice in the matter.
                                                      If this is going to become a regular thing, change the inco-terms on your sales contract with them to ex-works, it means you pay and organise the freight costs, gives you way more control and visibility. The price of the goods should also drop as the Germans are no longer including the cost of delivery to you. You can PM me on here if you want any more info on it

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                      There's an American dude in work who goes back and forth to Ireland. The talk turned to the boom and he gave the Hilton in Darndale as example of the lunacy. Anyway he said he was being driven through Darndale on way to the airport recently and his (Irish) pal was saying that the huge Tesco there (you know the big bright one?) is known as the Darndale Opera House. Something about it being the only thing people get dressed up to visit, the look of the building itself. Is that true that it's nicknamed that?! Had a suspicion his pal was taking the piss with him.
                                                      Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                      Yea Hitch that's a well known nickname for it.

I've never heard it called that before?

Comment

NZ by 30 imo

Although an early SA try or two would be most acceptable for the watchability
                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Jose post match interview should be more fun

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                            NZ by 30 imo

Although an early SA try or two would be most acceptable for the watchability
                                                            Will be a lot closer imo, single digits

Comment

Have the rules on advantages changed recently? Seems refs are calling advantage over quicker than ever in this WC.
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                Have the rules on advantages changed recently? Seems refs are calling advantage over quicker than ever in this WC.
                                                                Don't think so. It was a good call on the one where Pollard chipped and regathered. His fault that he knocked on then.

Comment

Why are nz kicking so much ball away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                    Crazy stuff alright, but they've also been attacking for most of the half so you know that defense will crumble eventually.

Comment

SA gonna win this

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                        Must have been watching Ireland.

Unreal pace to this game. Incredible to watch.
                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Anywhere to eat in Stepaside these days?

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                            Must have been watching Ireland.

Unreal pace to this game. Incredible to watch.
                                                                            Some unbelievable high fielding by both teams. Especially when you consider the ball is wet

Comment

Is the box tree still any good?

Comment

The Box Tree is decent

Comment

Hmmm, Keith Wood just saying the NZ try was forward too. Certainly looks dodgy on the replay - surprised it wasn't picked up on.

Comment

SA's gangs policy seems to be working out better than the Welsh gay policy.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                      Is the box tree still any good?
                                                                                      Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                      The Box Tree is decent
                                                                                      Cool. Will have a look. Is The Step Inn still on the go? Might just go somewhere casual...

Comment

This guy never ceases to amaze me .

Chelski mates (LMAO)

da Rugger
                                                                                        I guess i'm cheering for the boks here so my Aussie bet has a chance. The ABs seems to do everything in slow motion to them but speeded up to us.

Comment

Wtf is it with SA rolling the ball at 30degrees into the scrum and getting away with it?

Comment

Not sure this video from Iarnrod Eireann is sending out the message they intended. Looks to me that if you're driving a big truck, you might as well keep going

Damage to level crossings delays trains, disrupts road traffic, and could land you with a court appearance.Stay safe and slow down and stop when the level cr...
                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Cool. Will have a look. Is The Step Inn still on the go? Might just go somewhere casual...
                                                                                              Yeah it's fine. The box tree has a gastro pub next door either

Comment

Wtf is it with SA rolling the ball at 30degrees into the scrum and getting away with it?
                                                                                                Unfortunately a straight put in is rarely enforced any more.

Comment

One converted try, c'mon NZ

Comment

Some impact from Lambie so far. Pollard was kicking poorly from open play.
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Ball is a bar of soap. Anything could happen now.

Comment

Really hope it's a dry final tbh regardless of the teams playing.

Comment

Boo to the bet, but happy All Blacks are in the final. Funking for the Argies tomorrow.

Comment

Amazing that tv3 can't get the sync between picture and sound. It's like watching a dubbed programme.

Comment

I really enjoy listening to Johnny Wilkinson, he delivers such insight and passion. Great addition to Itv and no doubt bt sport very soon.

Comment

So good
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

The young lad got an Xperia Z3 today and is having trouble with the Wi-Fi, as soon as he leaves the WiFi options in settings it seems to turn off right away. I say turn off but I doubt it's going on at all. Any ideas?

Comment

Looks like LSB has lost a potential buyer for that rovers thingy

“I especially remember with affection her recent visit to Áras an Uachtaráin, when we discussed among other things her great love of Ireland and her strong family links to Shamrock Rovers,” said Mr Higgins.
                                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

...

Comment

FFS RTE... You and your stupid headline spoilers for GOT .

Was 50/50 as to whether it was talking about an actor or the character.
                                                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                          played the IPO yesterday after work. Was really looking forward to it but I just dont have the love for the pokers any more. It didnt seem like there was as much banter at the tables (well not from the IPO I remember anyway) too many people wearing sunglasses and headphones.
                                                                                                                          I had the exact opposite experience... a very friendly table with players from Holland, Scotland, England and Ireland. The only player to wear headphones any of the day were Irish. All day everyone took everything with good grace, no-one bemoaned their luck. There were quite a few bad beats and coolers at the table, and even the busted went away smiling. A great advertisement for poker I thought. The winnamax 6 max was similar.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X