This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
    Poor AFB. Nealons on Capel st gone soon.

WHAT???
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      Has GAA moved on from laps of the pitch?
      No idea tbh, my opinions on gaa would be close to SP's on football, except mine are based in reality

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      There are other motivations for running lads.
      No one said there wasn't!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

No one said there wasn't!
        I would hazard a guess that strength building as in muscle mass falls way way down the list of motivations for the vast majority. If it features at all.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
          It's a grim day when Dobby is correcting me and is right. I blame my manflu.
          Ah now. Gfy. Even a blind squirrel will find a nut

Comment

I dunno how you're still taking everything he does literally.
            I'm not taking everything he says literally because just as it would be stupid to take everything any schoolyard bully who finds themselves caught out and cornered literally it would be even sillier to take this orange buffon at his word.
            However the fact is that he is POTUS and that is a role where words especially when made as statements of facts do have consequences.

You see, just because someone is a big child and lives in their own little play reality where they can pretend that whatever we want to believe is true and employ enough sycophants to reinforce their delusions, it does not take away from the fact that there is an ineluctable external reality.
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Seán Brady after calls for his resignation for covering up abuse:

If you turn up at the doors of that organisation every week what are you doing except supporting them.
              What about those who goes to weddings and funerals?
              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
                He did a decent thesis for his degree on the racing industry. Ever read it ? BTW tell him hello and sorry about his son etc
                Never got a chance no. Will do!

Comment

I would hazard a guess that strength building as in muscle mass falls way way down the list of motivations for the vast majority. If it features at all.
                  As you'll get older you'll realise the use it or lose effects you more

Comment

There are other motivations for running lads.
                    Zombies?

Comment

I dunno how you're still taking everything he does literally.
                      Or to put it another way

Comment

Three women did win him the election though.

Comment

Three women did win him the election though.
                          Crooked Hillary, the one he is married to and is scared shitless he'll do to her what he did to the first wife and the daughter he says wants to fuck, yea?

Comment

2/3!

Comment

But Reuters interviews with nearly a dozen executives and lobbyists who have taken part in these meetings or have been briefed on them reveal a Trump who is very different from his uncompromising and demanding @realDonaldTrump Twitter handle.

When he meets the nation's top chief executives in person, he is a mix of charm and cajoling. This Trump is flexible and inquisitive, a schmoozer who remembers birthdays and often lavishes praise on their companies, said the people, who spoke on condition of anonymity so they could freely discuss private meetings.

This private side of Trump sheds light on why many CEOs have expressed confidence that the Republican president is good for business, despite his share-denting public attacks.

"He said one thing for the cameras and the door shuts and then it's like kumbaya," said one person who was briefed on a meeting between Trump and a group of CEOs.
                              Shocking!

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                Poor AFB. Nealons on Capel st gone soon.
                                M7 are you jsut fucking with me for lolz here? Not cool.
                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                  I'd never fuck with a man and his favourite pub. Closing next month I heard...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      What area of Sydney Mellor?

Maybe just a reaction to the greyness of the Irish winter but currently feeling a very strong nostalgic pull towards Australia. So much so that I just wasted 10 minutes checking out open roles in Oz on my companies mobility site.
                                      Zetland, sort of between Surry Hills and Randwick.

Comment

https://twitter.com/search?vertical=default&q=Nealons

I fondly remember the days when a vulture fund was simply capitalism at work.
                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Just watched Dan Healy Rea (the Kerry mafia party) just speak in the Dail, is there a worst politician in the building for talking tripe when all around him is falling apart and the country covered in sandal after sandal.
                                          At least his brother wears a cap to hide behind.
                                          Up the kingdom

Comment

Comment

Shocking!
                                              So what about the author who wrote his book and spent a lot of time with him who said he is exactly as he seems. Fake news?
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                New wiki leaks CIA leaks are the kind of stuff people would still regards as tinfoil hat stuff,the internet of shit strikes again
                                                The documents cover a range of topics, including what appeared to be a discussion about how to compromise smart televisions and turn them into improvised surveillance devices.

WikiLeaks said the leaked data also included details on the agency’s efforts to subvert American software products and smartphones, including Apple’s iPhone, Google’s Android and Microsoft’s Windows.

Must be the Russians fault again
                                                General concensus today is that none of Wikileak's claims are backed up by their own evidence. Showing that CIA agents discussed how they would go about hacking Smart TVs does not mean that they can actually do it.

e.g.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane
                                                  2/3
                                                  KAC....Coulter Mark II
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

General concensus today is that none of Wikileak's claims are backed up by their own evidence. Showing that CIA agents discussed how they would go about hacking Smart TVs does not mean that they can actually do it.

e.g.
                                                    In fairness, the security frailty of Gen 1 IOT devices is well discussed and pretty well known

edit:
                                                    though I love this
                                                    щ(゚Д゚щ)
                                                    Some of these dont really seem "top secret"
                                                    (\/) (°,,°) (\/)

and it's missing
                                                    ┬─┬ノ(ಠ_ಠノ)
                                                    to counter act over zealous
                                                    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
                                                    Last edited by DeadParrot; 08-03-17, 13:22.
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Seán Brady after calls for his resignation for covering up abuse:

If you turn up at the doors of that organisation every week what are you doing except supporting them.
                                                      You could not go to his particular church but go to one with a priest who has not done so.

Same as if you found out that your local publican was refusing to serve black people you could go to a different bar rather than stop drinking all together.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                        You could not go to his particular church but go to one with a priest who has not done so.

Same as if you found out that your local publican was refusing to serve black people you could go to a different bar rather than stop drinking all together.
                                                        He was the head of the church in Ireland though.

Comment

@shambles:

going to the electric brixton tomorrow night to see tinariwen. Any suggestions for a good pub round there to have a few pints beforehand?

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                            Well that is how it comes across.

So what are you trying to say. That Catholic people that chose to still go to church are supporting people who committed crimes in the name of religion by going to church. That is ridiculous.
                                                            I see where you are coming from, however the crimes that are being discussed here aren't the work of a few bad apples, they are the systematic end product of a fundamentally irrational and evil organisation. Your football hooliganism analogy would apply only if the violence was being committed by the players, covered up by the club and the club also brainwashed their fans into further acts of madness every Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                              @shambles:

going to the electric brixton tomorrow night to see tinariwen. Any suggestions for a good pub round there to have a few pints beforehand?
                                                              Don't spend much time in Brixton tbh but the Craft Beer Co looks a decent spot, the Market House is just around the corner from the venue and is grand

Upstairs at the Ritzy might be worth a look!

If you come in via Herne Hill station (probably not), The Florence is a nice pub and the one straight across from station is alright!

If you're looking for a couple after the gig checkout Hootenanny which is only about 5 minutes walk from it

Comment

Did Nealons not turn into a gay bar?

Last time I was in there, it was all just middle aged gay blokes, could have just been that night

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                  Did Nealons not turn into a gay bar?

Last time I was in there, it was all just middle aged gay blokes, could have just been that night
                                                                  Spillover from place across the road surely

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                    You could not go to his particular church
                                                                    You shoud've stopped at this point.

Comment

Just ordered a jalapeno popper and cheese fries, hoping I don't see someone taking a shit.

Comment

So who's striking today?
                                                                        My wife, apparently I dont get a dinner cooked for me today.

Modern Ireland my hairy hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                          Spillover from place across the road surely
                                                                          They often lease the upstairs to various niche groups, who obviously head across the road once Nealon's closes. My favourites are the bears, but all credit must be given to the leather fetish lads. They really know how to party. Rigger can attest.

Comment

Had a customer meeting this morning in which I pretty much fell asleep

Just managed to catch myself as I jolted

Think I got away with it

Comment

If you find yourself suffering from ennui, angst or even weltschmerz, there's only one known cure.

Sign up for the Cheltenham tipping competition and instantly experience profound serendipity.

You could win a four-figure sum too but that's not important.
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

...
                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

They often lease the upstairs to various niche groups, who obviously head across the road once Nealon's closes. My favourites are the bears, but all credit must be given to the leather fetish lads. They really know how to party. Rigger can attest.
                                                                                  Nimneach....
                                                                                  I used to know the guy running it in the old p45.net days
                                                                                  Always threatened but never delivered to go to it

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                    Hard to escape the thought that the inside voice of Trump people - Spicer in particular - is not 'i've no fcking idea what he means, and I deeply regret having to defend him'. This is just consistently absolutely crazy stuff. There's clearly something mentally wrong with him. Much more so that even the most silly things I've read about Reagan.
                                                                                    .We’re going to do something that’s great, and I am proud to support the replacement plan released by the House of Representatives,” Mr. Trump said. “This will be a plan where you can choose your doctor, and this will be a plan where you can choose your plan. And you know what the plan is. This is the plan. It’s a complicated process, but actually it’s very simple, it’s called good health care
                                                                                    Iconic

Comment

Can't have Raoul do all the work.
                                                                                      Are you up for a non-strength building Dawn Run? Are you having a War of Attrition with your health? Is your Best Mate looking at you strangely? Looks Like Trouble for you Denman.
                                                                                      Have a Cool Dawn instead , be the Fellow and enter our Cheltenham tipping competition and have a Long run for your 50 quid.
                                                                                      Don’t be like 2001 Mr. No Race

Comment

...
                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Just even the idea that their big plan is to remove proper healthcare from about 10 million mainly black mainly poor people. How do you get to being a country where a political party can propose that as their main grand plan?!
                                                                                          Stop looking at America through European eyes. It doesn't make sense.

A lot of the people who voted for Trump are covered by Obamacare. Go figure.

Comment

Just even the idea that their big plan is to remove proper healthcare from about 10 million mainly black mainly poor people. How do you get to being a country where a political party can propose that as their main grand plan?!
                                                                                            They have a deeply individualistic society. They can't handle it when something is clearly better socialised. Massive cognitive dissonance results.

Comment

They have a deeply individualistic society. They can't handle it when something is clearly better socialised. Massive cognitive dissonance results.
                                                                                              To make use of the useful wiki leaks from above:

Socialized Healthcare:
                                                                                              (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

You need it:
                                                                                              ┬─┬ノ(ಠ_ಠノ)

Comment

i.e. "we are better, America sucks!"

Yet millions of people continue to emigrate there. The cognitive dissonance is not localised.

Comment

I wonder if the trend to call it Republicare will catch on and will it cause a similar reaction to the party?

Comment

It's Not EU vs NA, it's people that are looked down on, often the less educated or less intelligent, which happens everywhere.

The same thing happened with brexit, the areas of the UK where it was overwhelmingly voted for were often the people that needed and got the most money from the EU.

It's also no wonder that people emigrate there, it's good for educated people to be there, they are paid way more compared to here in a lot of fields. People want money, the worse conditions of employment etc don't really factor in as much to a lot of people.
                                                                                                    A lot of the bad things about America don't affect people with education and money.
                                                                                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 08-03-17, 16:31.

Comment

e.g.
                                                                                                      they have assassinated people by hacking into their wifi kettle

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                        It's Not EU vs NA, it's people that are looked down on, often the less educated or less intelligent, which happens everywhere.

The same thing happened with brexit, the areas of the UK where it was overwhelmingly voted for were often the people that needed and got the most money from the EU.

It's also no wonder that people emigrate there, it's good for educated people to be there, they are paid way more compared to here in a lot of fields. People want money, the worse conditions of employment etc don't really factor in as much to a lot of people.
                                                                                                        A lot of the bad things about America don't affect people with education and money.
                                                                                                        The majority of people emigrating to the US are unskilled workers (maybe not 100% legally).

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                          they have assassinated people by hacking into their wifi kettle
                                                                                                          [citation needed]

Comment

So bored in my jobs that I'm gambling on everything and anything these days.

Making a tenner an hour, betting 500 on races, banter.

SPOILER

Up €4.10, get in!!!! I think it's time to quit at least one of these jobs now
                                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

The majority of people emigrating to the US are unskilled workers (maybe not 100% legally).
                                                                                                              The vast majority of those come from places where inadequate health care is the least of their worries, not from rich European countries.

Comment

Creepy McCreep

Comment

Jaysus. The door on my gas meter box in the front garden was broken the last few weeks. Never told anyone about it or did anything about it. Got back today and there was a whole new box on the meter and a new key sitting on the mat.
                                                                                                                  That kind of efficiency doesn't belong in Ireland.

Comment

SUBSCRIBE to get the latest #KIMMEL: http://bit.ly/JKLSubscribeWatch the latest Mean Tweets: http://bit.ly/KimmelMeanTweetsConnect with Jimmy Kimmel Live Onl...

Back in 2013 we conducted an experiment on our show. We went out on the street and asked people which was better: Obamacare or the Affordable Care Act. Obama...

Comment

Wtf? There's nothing wrong with any of those images.

Boy who cried wolf stuff, his fake news line is dangerous enough without idiots actually producing it.

Comment

I dislike Trump but I dislike the anti Trump brigade more. I'm clearly not alone. Shit like those pictures got him elected.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                          Creepy McCreep

The real creepy thing is your borderline fetish with the man.
                                                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X