X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That horrifying BK
    condolences
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
      Some BBV help required -

1 week trip from Dublin at the start of June? Where should I consider? Will have a canadian with me.

Shortlist right now -

Barcelona
      Dubrovnik
      Lisbon

But I am open to any and all suggestions.
      Wouldn't spend a week in Dunbrovnik, 3 or 4 nights max but could add Sarajevo or somewhere for a few days. Wouldn't bother with Split.
      Haven't been to Lisbon but Eiriceras half an hour away is a great little seaside town for a few days.
      Barca is awesome. Could def do a week there.
      Just back from Bratislava/Vienna/Budapest week away and would highly recommend Budapest for a trip. In summer with outdoor bars and restaurants it would be brilliant.

Comment

Some BBV help required -

1 week trip from Dublin at the start of June? Where should I consider? Will have a canadian with me.

Shortlist right now -

Barcelona
        Dubrovnik
        Lisbon

Lisbon. Cracking spot. Shabby chic, tasty food and not Spanish.
        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Jesus BK, that's awful sad. Such a horrible tragedy. Condolences.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Quiet chuffed to be in the money again, from over 120 reps .tough time of year to sell so they threw out an incentive

1st would been nice but nice to see my name there again. Keeps me focused

Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

LOL Dan Bilzerian playing $50/100 cash on Bill Perkins ACR account on a yacht in the ocean. Streaming on Twitch and he gets his account closed for Multi Accounting. On to stars they go for some multi table $100/200 action. The only time ever that Bill Perkins has been the better player when he's with someone..

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

Ireland-France U20s match was really great - some talented young fellas out there!

Comment

update from above - the other person involved has done a runner.

it really is just compounding the misery - come back and take it like a man you fucking coward*

*may be drunk sorry

Comment

BK, condolences, that's shocking news.

Comment

I was trying to console my fiance and this is the best I could come up with;

2 seconds earlier or later and he would have been fine

there's a 1 mile stretch of road and the tree thats on it is the only tree on that stretch for that 1 mile

when your number is called thats just it your time is up and there's nothing anyone can do about it

I offered to go identify the body caus apparently he was pretty banged up and i am somewhat used to that kinda stuff but the bro who came with me is scarred for life

really sorry just a bit of drunk venting - the interwebs is there when you wanna protect the real life peeps

Comment

anyway I better go to bed I know as much as anyone that drunk + interwebs do not mix

Ill leave you with this

" The candle that burns twice as bright burns for half as long"

stay safe lads

Comment

Stay safe bk
                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I had an unbelivably stupid thing happen with the car yesterday, a few bruises and a couple of grands damage. There I was this morning feeling a bit sorry for myself despite already being aware that there was only seconds and circumstances between nothing happening and something much worse.

Now its only an overwhelming sense of good fortune and a visceral anger at the ridiculous shit that we continue to allow go on on the roads.
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              Now its only an overwhelming sense of good fortune and a visceral anger at the ridiculous shit that we continue to allow go on on the roads.
                              Is there not an incredible lack of policing on our roads? Just today had a bit of a laugh at a guy being pulled for speeding, as he was overtaking me on the N11. Such a rare occurrence though, must be 5 years ago since I last seen it.
                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                I was trying to console my fiance and this is the best I could come up with;

2 seconds earlier or later and he would have been fine

there's a 1 mile stretch of road and the tree thats on it is the only tree on that stretch for that 1 mile

when your number is called thats just it your time is up and there's nothing anyone can do about it

I offered to go identify the body caus apparently he was pretty banged up and i am somewhat used to that kinda stuff but the bro who came with me is scarred for life

really sorry just a bit of drunk venting - the interwebs is there when you wanna protect the real life peeps
                                Your best bet is just to not attempt to offer any explanation or what if's, just be there as much as you can, but say as little as you need to. Offer comfort and a shoulder. While you are probably in bits as well understandably, focus on her for the few days.

Comment

At a stuffy dinner in the Burlo at the moment - the Irish Open it isn't...

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                    At a stuffy dinner in the Burlo at the moment - the Irish Open it isn't...
                                    What are they even calling it now? Think it was the Doubletree for a while, and then a Hilton or Clayton

Comment

This is an embarressing post to say the least , I have a littlewoods acc which I pay monthly , payment was 42 quid , i was paying 50

typed cunting security code into amount box

Will they refund and take the 50, im like a cunt here! fucking pinot noir!

Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                        What are they even calling it now? Think it was the Doubletree for a while, and then a Hilton or Clayton
                                        Clayton - changed hands there around 6 months ago I think.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                          This is an embarressing post to say the least , I have a littlewoods acc which I pay monthly , payment was 42 quid , i was paying 50

typed cunting security code into amount box

Will they refund and take the 50, im like a cunt here! fucking pinot noir!

Depends, what was the credit card number?
                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                            Depends, what was the credit card number?
                                            do you need expiry date?
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

got annoyed and tried send email to these fucks http://www.10international.com/contact/
                                              didnt send so i will moan here since i bothered. not too bothered anymore.

Hello

I am emailing you to disclose my annoyance at the difficulty to open the screw cap wine bottle of your imported Luis Felipe Edwards. This is not the first time the cap has been sealed too tight to open by hand and this is not a case of extra hand muscle. Im perfectly capable of opening a screw cap but with this wine I have had to go through a process of cutting around the cap with a knife and still needs to be extra force required to again dislodge the cap.

There is a flaw in the bottling process used by your suppliers and until im happy that this is fixed i will not be purchasing anymore Luis Felipe Edwards even though i am a fan of the wine within it has become too much hassel to open. So I would advise you contact the bottlers in Chile and ask them to examine their bottling process.

Regards

Comment

Did you contact the whine department?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                  Did you contact the whine department?
                                                  dry cleaning for the spillage.
                                                  potential cuts using a knife.
                                                  i hope the get sued and my email could have saved them if they had one who worked.

its bang average wine anyway i only said i liked it being polite.

sure i will get onto to the chileans next time. they are the culprits. ......me no speak english

Comment

update from above - the other person involved has done a runner.

it really is just compounding the misery - come back and take it like a man you fucking coward*

*may be drunk sorry
                                                    I can't imagine how hard this is on you and I don't want to be a preach.

Should probably take it easy on the beers, your misses dosnt need you getting/showing how angry you are and needs the support at the moment. As close as you were it is her brother and it will be even worse for her, raw male aggression won't help.

I am bad for reaching for a bottle when the stress hits like every Celtic blooded man but clear head is needed to take care of those around you. The last thing you will want is to deal with this and a thumping hangover.

Take care of yourself and your fiancé and her family for now, justice will find him in the future. Easy to say but in a somewhat similar circumstance I was given and ignored the same advice as I lacked perspective.

Brave to step up for the id and her family will appreciate that massively. You will be needed immensely over the coming days but I have no doubt despite only knowing you through online posts that you will rise to the task.

Condolences to you and all concerned.

Richie

Comment

cheers lads much appreciated - as always the proper thing to do and what i feel like doing are at odds with one another.

The BBV is always the voice of reason - except for lylod - he talks pure shite

Comment

lylod

gold.
                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

i know nostalgia is heroin for old people but remember back in the day the DCU lads would head down to DIT for the life or death €10 freeze out - id say a good lot of lads from this forum were there

even then it was clear PL was a fish and tereas was only there for the sesh

Comment

No flies on you Tony! Some craic. I remember playing cash games with chubs, the scuab, fat mark from the shop in UCD student hall.

Whatever happened to The Scuab?

Ah. The days.
                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

back in the 'good ol days' and we managed to find the toughest game in Dublin

don't forget sam - he was a regular donater

Comment

random thought came into my head.

They were the height of technology at one time but wondering if anyone still uses a fax machine nowadays or even if they are available?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post

They were the height of technology at one time but wondering if anyone still uses a fax machine nowadays or even if they are available?
                                                                  Used pretty frequently in financial services.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                    LOL Dan Bilzerian playing $50/100 cash on Bill Perkins ACR account on a yacht in the ocean. Streaming on Twitch and he gets his account closed for Multi Accounting. On to stars they go for some multi table $100/200 action. The only time ever that Bill Perkins has been the better player when he's with someone..

https://www.twitch.tv/thirstlounge
                                                                    Why do poker people idolise that silly cunt? He's already freerolling life on heart attacks. He lives like an absolute prick on daddys money. He'll be dead soon, meh.

Takes a pic of a gun with a mot daddys money paid for and he gets thousands of hits across social media. When he dies only nerds on 2+2 will remember him.

Listen to his visit on Joe Rogan, a fake bullshitting liar.

Comment

Yes but Chdog

Don't worry about that silly man ...because thinking about him and people like him will only be depressing!

Don't worry because everything is ...Tickety Boo

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I'm not worried.

I will smile when he dies though.

Comment

Lost my (future) brother in law to the roads this week

On his way to coach under 16 GAA he was hit head on by a speeding drunk driver who fled the scene.

He is survived by a beautiful wife 2 children and one on the way (wife 7 months pregnant)

Just venting here as the sadness turns to anger

RIP
                                                                          Oh no..how could that drunk driver be so selfish. I would imagine he could not hold a candle to the person your brother in law was.

I am so sorry for you all. It's so sad.

Comment

anyway I better go to bed I know as much as anyone that drunk + interwebs do not mix

Ill leave you with this

" The candle that burns twice as bright burns for half as long"

stay safe lads
                                                                            *Nods*

I think Richie M shared some excellent wisdom.

Turn to other people for support. It feels better than turning to anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post

We still have one in work. It is used almost exclusively to communicate with Customs.

Everything we send them via fax could be sent via email which would be more efficient, productive and have a cost saving for both parties.

They point blank refuse to allow us to send via email.

Civil service, you just can't beat it...

Comment

Major airline got stung for 7 figures recently by someone altering account and sort code on a fax authorising payment.
                                                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Super 8 motion passes at congress. 76% in favour. 2 groups of four teams in round robin format replaces the QF's from next year in football

Comment

Some BBV help required -

Shortlist right now -

Barcelona
                                                                                    Dubrovnik
                                                                                    Lisbon

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                    Lisbon. Cracking spot. Shabby chic, tasty food and not Spanish.
                                                                                    Is it just a dirty weekend stretched out for a week? Or what does she like to do?

Dubrovnik is a tough slog for a week, we stayed in an airbnb out of town before so it was a 30 minute walk into the city centre, before that we had come from a place called Trogir which was a small island halfway up the coast before hand, we loved this as were able to see and do lots of different things, pics are on fb.

I work in lisbon and live close to the Ericeira surf beach Nuckchorris mentioned. We loved the city when we were here two years ago. lots of history and things to do from the city centre, beaches, Sintra national park and surfing out by where I am.

I'm currently in seville sitting on a roof top terrace eating iberian ham and fresh bread so slighlty biased but seville has been a wonderful city so far. The food and drinks have been great everywhere we have gone and much more reasonabnly priced than Barcelona.

Comment

My sympathies Tony, that is truly horrifying.

Just back from a lovely funeral experience for my Scottish aunt (she wrote her own euolgy, died peacefully at a good age) so can't imagine how different your experience is\will be.

Focus on the family, be the strong shoulder.
                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                        Super 8 motion passes at congress. 76% in favour. 2 groups of four teams in round robin format replaces the QF's from next year in football
                                                                                        AI finals to be played before the end of August also passed. Removal of replays apart form provincial and AI finals also passed

Comment

AI finals to be played before the end of August also passed. Removal of replays apart form provincial and AI finals also passed
                                                                                          Is all that from this summer or next?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                            Is all that from this summer or next?
                                                                                            Next summer and for 3 years.

Comment

...
                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                What do they do if there's a draw in that case? Some version of a penalty shootout?
                                                                                                Should have clarified, replay only after the extra time, as opposed to the current situation where the replay kicks in after full time.

Comment

...

Comment

Fascinating article about creative behavior in team sports. Lots of things which can applied to real life and not just chasing a ball around a field

Developing creativity in team sports players is becoming an increasing focus in sports sciences. The Creativity Developmental Framework is presented to provi...

Comment

I like it but it'll really emphasize how biased the provincial system is against Leinster and Ulster. 6 county Munster and Connacht will be guaranteed 1 slot and a 50/50 shot at another slot in what will be a hopefully lucrative Super 8 section. 11 county Leinster and 9 county Ulster get just the same.
                                                                                                      I dream of 4 regions of ~8.

Comment

...

Comment

Dublin might finally get a bit of favourable treatment having got the presidency for the first time in nearly a century.

Comment

Why the hell don't the GAA just follow the American model? Ditch the league and have 4 groups of 8 or however many counties play each sport and have them play home and away against everyone. Top 2 from each group go into the playoffs.
                                                                                                            It seems like the current proposal is knockout games followed by a group followed by knockout games? Ridic.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                                              Is it just a dirty weekend stretched out for a week? Or what does she like to do?

Dubrovnik is a tough slog for a week, we stayed in an airbnb out of town before so it was a 30 minute walk into the city centre, before that we had come from a place called Trogir which was a small island halfway up the coast before hand, we loved this as were able to see and do lots of different things, pics are on fb.

I work in lisbon and live close to the Ericeira surf beach Nuckchorris mentioned. We loved the city when we were here two years ago. lots of history and things to do from the city centre, beaches, Sintra national park and surfing out by where I am.

I'm currently in seville sitting on a roof top terrace eating iberian ham and fresh bread so slighlty biased but seville has been a wonderful city so far. The food and drinks have been great everywhere we have gone and much more reasonabnly priced than Barcelona.
                                                                                                              How far along is rugby in Spain? You can hear the horror in rugby journalists voices when the idea of six nations promotion/relegation comes up and the idea of trading a trip to Rome for a trip to Georgia is discussed.im sure a trip to Madrid/Seville would be more up their street

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                I like it but it'll really emphasize how biased the provincial system is against Leinster and Ulster. 6 county Munster and Connacht will be guaranteed 1 slot and a 50/50 shot at another slot in what will be a hopefully lucrative Super 8 section. 11 county Leinster and 9 county Ulster get just the same.
                                                                                                                I dream of 4 regions of ~8.
                                                                                                                It's a step, hopefully if it's a success bye bye provinces. A championship where big meaningful games happen in provincial towns and dubs go on the road will generate a lot of the buzz.look at the crowds coming out to leaguer games this year in comparison to lopsided shite in the summer.and that's all while the game itself is barely watchable muck imagine if they actually made some positive rule changes

Comment

Have they changed any of the actual playing rules? Someone was posting recently about how GAA football has become unwatchable, unlike rugby which frequently changes the rules of play to improve the game as a watching sport.
                                                                                                                  The big change for this year is the introduction of a mark for a clean catch, supposed to encourage more long kickouts. I cant see it having any big effect in the modern game where possession is king.

The problem with any changes to counteract short kickouts and overuse of the handpass is that it would have to be implemented across all grades and ages. Some suggestions of limiting the number of consecutive hand passes or setting a distance a kick out has to travel could be farcical at lower levels with just one referee of dubious standard.

The black card will probably go when it comes up for review. While it has had some success in cutting out cynicism early in a game, late on any player will take one for the team when a sub can come on and there is no suspension for the next game.

I think if there was a 14 yard free awarded for any foul in the last ten mins it would cut a lot of cynical fouling out straight away. Would love to see it trialled but unlikely to happen.

Comment

...

Comment

Fidel Castro holding Justin Trudeau as a baby. Its hard to see why this is useful information to anyone, but there we go...

Moar fake news

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X