This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
    Do you have a subscription to the IT or is there some easy way to get past their paywall? It's been so long since I looked at their site I didn't even realise there was a paywall at all there.
    You dont know DeadParrot as well as you think if you think hes paying a subscription to the IT or any other thing there is to be paid. If hes in its jiggery pokery for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
      You dont know DeadParrot as well as you think if you think hes paying a subscription to the IT or any other thing there is to be paid. If hes in its jiggery pokery for sure.
      Ah I figured as much, but might as well ask properly. I know there is a workaround for the UK Times paywall, but I can't remember what it is though.

Comment

Ah I figured as much, but might as well ask properly. I know there is a workaround for the UK Times paywall, but I can't remember what it is though.
        it's not up yet afaik

By the end of 2014, the company will have the technical platform in place to enable “digital pass” subscription offers on its website. Mr Kavanagh said it was likely this metered paywall for Irish Times content would be launched in the first half of 2015. “It is just one element of us building content-led digital revenues,” he said. A new free mobile app with a more extensive range of content will be unveiled shortly, while a Political Digest email newsletter will join the recently added Business Digest service.
        generally it's a cookies thing, I flush em regularly
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
            Been out of the loop recently with music and haven't been listening to much new stuff so throw some genres/bands at me to check out.
            Ian Dury's son, Baxter, released an album "It's a pleasure" last week. I like.

BAXTER DURY – “Pleasure”OUT NOW: http://www.smarturl.it/itsapleasureFirst extract of new album “It’s a Pleasure”, release 20th October 2014Pre-order album “I...

Also, I think you'd like Parov Stellar. "The art of sampling" is a good album to start with.

Hi, my name is Sven Otten, also known as JustSomeMotion.A few years ago I learned dancing at my room just watching Youtube tutorials. I realized I loved it! ...
            eoghanlyons.com

Comment

Comment

For those looking for a new fangled gmail invite, you can get one by emailing them tonight, I think between 11-12pm. It is possible to write an email and set it to send later I think (might be some chrome add on).

Whether or not you've got email problems, you're probably dying to try Gmail's little electronic mail solution, Inbox. It's been tough to get an invite, but today the product team will guarantee your invite between 3 and 4PM PST.
                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

You can usually get around most paywalls. Just googling and using the cache usually is enough. There used to be chrome extensions for it but they were taken away.

Comment

3e has some water charges show starting just now.

no wai, tallagh won't pay.

Comment

Comment

All this invite stuff is hyperbole. 1 plus phone started it off.
                        Its a relative of the BigSlickPoker names registered fo far!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          if it wasn't an article from yesterday you could
                          Fuck it anyhow.
                          It looks weird.

Comment

I have 3 of those invites if anyone wants one.

Comment

Comment

You want to get rid of them you hate having them. Your a slave to the invite system. Surprised at you getting caught up in an invite scheme. Unless its for a sports streaming site of course.

Comment

Ye lads gonna put all this free testing ye are doing for google on yer CV's?

Comment

Comment

Made it to 1000 posts after nearly 5 years. I've certainly received more than I've contributed over that time. As a non facebook/twitter person the bbv just about keeps me in touch with the world at large. Definitely read some books, watched tv shows, got into sports and listened to music that would have otherwise escaped me. Enjoy all the personal stories and funny anecdotes too even though i don't think I've actually met anyone from the bbv - except zuroph who bummed a cigarette off me a few years ago but i didn't know it was him at the time. Anyway, keep up the good work. Good people in the bbv

Been out of the loop recently with music and haven't been listening to much new stuff so throw some genres/bands at me to check out.
                                      Check this out. The lyrics are old but its brand new!
                                      SPOILER

Comment

You underestimate how much you've contributed Bob, some cracking stories over the years.

Comment

Any music released after 2003 is muck imo.

Beautiful ambient house track by The Orb. Added some nice pictures to add to the effect :)

Comment

Any decent movie streaming sites?

Comment

Booked flights a short while ago and as soon as I pulled the trigger realised I had booked a time 4 hours later than I had planned. Not the end of the world of course but a pain in the ass. For the craic I checked how much to change the flight to the same priced one 4 hours earlier and it was €140 for 2 flights when I could have booked the actual one way flights for €66. Madness.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                Any decent movie streaming sites?
                                                Popcorn app for PC or tablets is pretty good imo.

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                  Made it to 1000 posts after nearly 5 years. I've certainly received more than I've contributed over that time. As a non facebook/twitter person the bbv just about keeps me in touch with the world at large. Definitely read some books, watched tv shows, got into sports and listened to music that would have otherwise escaped me. Enjoy all the personal stories and funny anecdotes too even though i don't think I've actually met anyone from the bbv - except zuroph who bummed a cigarette off me a few years ago but i didn't know it was him at the time. Anyway, keep up the good work. Good people in the bbv

SPOILER
                                                  Well done bob! Keep it up!! in the same boat as yourself dont really have anything of use to contribute to the masses here but always enjoy reading it!! In all the time i have been here think i only have 2.2k posts, which is a lot when you think about it and also nothing at all

I think your next task is to get banned from here for something, your no one on this site till you've run afoul the mighty mods!! (except Kev, he's from Waterford! and i wouldnt mess with lloyd, he kills people)

Guys the inbox, is that only for smart phone's or does it include a new web browser version as well, i would like an invite

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                    Guys the inbox, is that only for smart phone's or does it include a new web browser version as well, i would like an invite
                                                    PC as well. Send me your gmail address and I'll send you one on.

Comment

reposting because this needs all of the love:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

possibly too much posts about inbox, but one extra cool feature: You can change the frequency that certain bundles appear. E.g. if you've got all the 'not quite spam, not quite useful, but can't quite unsubscribe as it might be useful in the future' emails in your promos bundle - click on the settings next to the promos bundle and you can change the frequency to just show up once a day or once a week.

Generally get about four emails a day in that bundle due to pruning anything useless with a vengeance - but that's now cut to just seeing those 30 or so weekly emails once at 7am on a Monday, quick scan, and done.
                                                          Few will agree with me but still think labels that skip the mailbox are better. I stick all those type of mails into a group to look at every so often, another label for upcoming events /different accounts, with only actually important mails going into the inbox and creating notifications.

Comment

After a shitty week , I have invited the girls over tomorrow night for a Mojito cocktail night , have nothing in . any tips . do Tesco have fresh mint leaves? is it Havana rum I use? Where can i get or do crushed ice? any other tips? ty
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                              All this invite stuff is hyperbole. 1 plus phone started it off.
                                                              Its a relative of the BigSlickPoker names registered fo far!
                                                              Invites have been around for ages long before OnePlus One.
                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Comment

Full Tilt ad just on ITV4 shown in two segments

4 on the board and both lads get it all in on the river with no 's
                                                                  Both claiming to be pure genius hey

First lad bluffs at it
                                                                  Second is very short stacked and has two pair

Bizness question of the day

Those adds aimed at new players or trying to get ex-players back to the tables?

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                    After a shitty week , I have invited the girls over tomorrow night for a Mojito cocktail night , have nothing in . any tips . do Tesco have fresh mint leaves? is it Havana rum I use? Where can i get or do crushed ice? any other tips? ty
                                                                    Tesco have mint. Don't know anything about rum. Just use your food processor to blitz the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                      Tesco have mint. Don't know anything about rum. Just use your food processor to blitz the ice.
                                                                      great idea never thought of that! thanks
                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Havana 3yr old is grand for a Mojo

Bacardi is pissh hey

Comment

Seen this pop up the other day can now watch videos in YouTube at 60fps which is pretty cool also noted because the tune in the video is actually very catchy.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                          Last edited by tylerdurden94; 06-11-14, 22:33.
                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                            Havana 3yr old is grand for a Mojo

Bacardi is pissh hey
                                                                            going to Tesco so is it the standard havana they have there, looking to spend 20 quid max on a 70 cl
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

going to Tesco so is it the standard havana they have there, looking to spend 20 quid max on a 70 cl
                                                                              Havana 3 is the standard Havana rum

Comment

Whatever about the ingredients I would advise setting down that you won't be making all the rounds early on.

Not sure what Dr bk will think of drinking on a kidney infection tho

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post

SPOILER
                                                                                  Big smile reading this.

Five years lads huh?
                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                    Few will agree with me but still think labels that skip the mailbox are better. I stick all those type of mails into a group to look at every so often, another label for upcoming events /different accounts, with only actually important mails going into the inbox and creating notifications.
                                                                                    My dad got a brick mobile many moons ago and for years insisted on using his little black book of numbers (many of which were a digit or two short).

'It's just quicker!'

Just could never get into the habit of labels, as clearly useful as they are. Think the new gmail is trying to automate for the rest of us what you were doing anyway.

Location based reminders are rather nifty too. E.g. if you hear about a new casual lunch place, it'll pop up a reminder when you are in the vicinity. Not sure how well it works though. Hopefully though they make it possible to be a bit more complex. The wife set up 'buy tea' for location M&S in IFSC; but it'll remind her in the morning when she wants the reminder in the evening. If you could set some sort of criteria.

Thinking: my hairdresser. Remind me when I'm in the area on a Thursday (free days) towards the end of the month (when enough time has passed to need a haircut).

Come on google, get your act together ffs.
                                                                                    Tea as in tea, or tea?

Comment

I would like one...

Probably missed this one but if anyone else has one...

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                        reposting because this needs all of the love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ6hfzgmOUw
                                                                                        Wow! wtf?

What's this?

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                          Whatever about the ingredients I would advise setting down that you won't be making all the rounds early on.

Not sure what Dr bk will think of drinking on a kidney infection tho
                                                                                          was gonna make a big jug of it , no?

feeling much better today, still not 100% but fuck it I need my girls and a good session
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Not long back from a holiday in Cuba, and am now a Mojito addict.

Ingredients needed are mint(preferably on the stalk), Havana club(clear), white sugar, bottle of lime juice, ice and club soda/sparkling water.

First put 1.5 tbl spoon of sugar
                                                                                            Add lime juice, just enough to cover the sugar
                                                                                            Next add the mint and like I said you preferably want the stalk and the leaves. Gently mash into the lime/sugar paste. You don't want to batter the mint and have bits of mint floating in the glass etc.
                                                                                            Now add your rum, nice helping but it's all about preference really.
                                                                                            Then fill with ice cubes and not crushed ice.
                                                                                            Finally pour the sparkling water or club soda till the glass is full. Quick stir and one more sprig of mint for garnish.

This video basically: http://youtu.be/U6HeLLxe0lk
                                                                                            Last edited by TheVelvetFog; 06-11-14, 22:52.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                              I would like one...

Probably missed this one but if anyone else has one...
                                                                                              Send me your gmail address by PM and you can have the last of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by TheVelvetFog View Post
                                                                                                Not long back from a holiday in Cuba, and am now a Mojito addict.

Ingredients needed are mint(preferably on the stalk), Havana club(clear), white sugar, bottle of lime juice, ice and club soda/sparkling water.

First put 1.5 tbl spoon of sugar
                                                                                                Add lime juice, just enough to cover the sugar
                                                                                                Next add the mint and like I said you preferably want the stalk and the leaves. Gently mash into the lime/sugar paste. You don't want to batter the mint and have bits of mint floating in the glass etc.
                                                                                                Now add your rum, nice helping but it's all about preference really.
                                                                                                Then fillwith ice cubes and not crushed ice.
                                                                                                Finally pour the sparkling water or club soda till the glass is full. Quick stir and one more sprig of mint for garnish.

This video basically: http://youtu.be/U6HeLLxe0lk

now onto lime juice? miwadi out of the question? i think I saw lime juice in the cookery section in tesco. I dont feel like sqeezing zillions of limes!

Great post thanks, I didnt realise I had to batter stuff!
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

now onto lime juice? miwadi out of the question? i think I saw lime juice in the cookery section in tesco. I dont feel like sqeezing zillions of limes!

Comment

Invites have been around for ages long before OnePlus One.
                                                                                                    Yup, iirc Gmail itself was originally invite only

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                      Yup, iirc Gmail itself was originally invite only
                                                                                                      This is true got one of the first gmail accounts of craigslist some guy working for google in the us had 10 of them and i got his last one, told him i was in Ireland and he said outside of google employee's i was the 17th person to have one in the country - This obv went on the CV!!!

edit: Dave Chapelle: I want that purple stuff - Class of it's own!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                        The War On Drugs 'Lost in a dream' is outstanding.
                                                                                                        They were on Later with Jules Tue night, you catch them ?
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Great post thanks, I didnt realise I had to batter stuff!
                                                                                                          You can get bottles of lime juice in and supermarket. Lol, defo not miwadi whatever you do. No need to bash anything you basically just want to mash the mint to release the oils etc. It's actually a very quick drink to make.

Anyways, enjoy!
                                                                                                          Last edited by TheVelvetFog; 06-11-14, 23:24.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                              They were on Later with Jules Tue night, you catch them ?
                                                                                                              No man, always keep Jools for Fri night. Didn't realise they were on, deadly.

I'm going to see The Lost Brothers in Whelans tomorrow night, be nice to come home to that.

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

haha

Comment

15 year old you, I would, without doubt
                                                                                                                  FYP
                                                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

15 year old you, ya kinda would, with reservations
                                                                                                                    That particular Chappelle gig seems to have the references for tonight's BBV:

Dave Chappelle - How Old Is Fifteen Really? (For What It's Worth)

Comment

airport, lol

Comment

I speak pikey. He raises some good points.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                          he has a point tbf
                                                                                                                          Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X