This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
    GL with it, slowly working my head towards similar but not there yet. Too hot in Malta at the mo but think I'll rejoin the gym at end of month. People in work also doing a half marathon in November. May join, hate running though.
    Also hate running.
    Did a half marathon 3 years ago.
    Haven't run* once since.

So fucking boring.
    (did do a sprint tri though - 6k run in that).

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
      This video fixed it for me, if you can bare the guy presenting it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpEhbeDTrJo
      Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
      it's gone to a subscription model.
      You will get an authorization failure in the next day or so (try not reboot your device )
      There is an army of sweaty neckbearded people faking MAC addresses and the like to force it to work and there is an equally determined sweaty neckbearded swarm of coders trying to earn a few quid.
      ($10 a month isnt bad in fairness, but they'd earn more on a donation basis)

this is the latest fix advice
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

but telling that he seems to have moved on to another service since
      Tried that, didn't work.

In fairness though it never worked for me. Could be because I'm on still on Gotham rather than Kodi (have an ATV2 so Kodi isn't great on it and support has been pulled for future releases)

I'll need to pick up an MK808b box or similar at some point in the near future no doubt.
      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        The urge to reply to misguided opinions about McLean is strong... If I even knew what team he played for
        Then I found about the fools getting upset on his behalf on twitter LOL scummers gonna scum
        When Helen Mirren played the part of the Queen , how much tissue did you get through ?

Comment

where would be a decent place to pick up some cat5 cable (about a metre) in town?
          Preferably between the stephens green luas stop and westmoreland st.
          I'd generally order online but I need it tonight.

It will just annoy me more than it should paying over a 5er for it
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

where would be a decent place to pick up some cat5 cable (about a metre) in town?

Compub on Grafton St?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
              Final episode of Britain at the bookies. would most if not all of the customers at the Coral day out at the races have big losing accounts with corals? Given that they are quick to shut down winners would most of those guys been big losers or just mug punters with plenty cash to burn? The guy they focused on came across as a tit
              VIP Accounts and possible reactivations of large punters. Went to a few in Leopardstown with an Irish bookmaker. More a campaign to create stickiness with brand than a day out.

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                VIP Accounts and possible reactivations of large punters. Went to a few in Leopardstown with an Irish bookmaker. More a campaign to create stickiness with brand than a day out.
                You know nothing iSnow.
                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                  Compub on Grafton St?
                  I shudder to think what an apple branded network cable would cost
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Argos perhaps?

Comment

Dealz/Argos/one of the big Tesco's like Jervis would probably be the best bets.

edit: I remember being really surprised to get a mini hdmi for <€5 from an old man hardware shop on Mary street a while back too, had a decent selection of other stuff.
                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 11-08-15, 15:53.

Comment

if you have loan capabilities you can go to maplin, not on your route but only place I've seen it around. cat5s wont be in most the shops above.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuchulainn1 View Post
                          Not a good week for crows so as I came across one in the back garden yesterday evening in his death throes.
                          Not being a vet or Dr Dolittlehad no choice but to put him out of his misery before the little one happened upon him and started asking awkward questions.
                          Head first in a bucket of water for about a minute until the air bubble appeared and he had breathed his last.
                          Slippery slope.
                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Stephens green has a place called the laptop shop on the top floor which you would presume would have them.

You could call in advance I guess

Comment

Something which blew my mind is that crows are one of the most intelligent animals on the planet. Studies have shown they are capable of a level of logical thinking, forward planning and creativity only normally associated with humans.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                You know nothing iSnow.
                                OK educate us so. Have you ever been on one of these jollies or just making random comments?

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                  When Helen Mirren played the part of the Queen , how much tissue did you get through ?
                                  I hope the mudder missed Dil Wickremasinghe breast feeding live on tv3's midweek chat show last week?. What would she make of the likes?

Comment

OK educate us so. Have you ever been on one of these jollies or just making random comments?
                                    You're not a Game of Thrones fan are you?
                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                        Argos perhaps?
                                        €22

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                          You're not a Game of Thrones fan are you?
                                          Nope refuse to watch it or play WW.

Comment

€22
                                            Shame on you not to be carrying around 1m at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                              Something which blew my mind is that crows are one of the most intelligent animals on the planet. Studies have shown they are capable of a level of logical thinking, forward planning and creativity only normally associated with humans.

Opr
                                              There is a gang of them in the trees around my house and they're deffo playing some long game with me. Just biding their time.

Comment

€22
                                                Well now you get to decide if the extra cost is worth not having to go looking elsewhere.

If half an hour of your time on Grafton Street worth €20 to avoid.

Damn right it is

Comment

Today is a good day. Finally passed CFA level III and never have to open those dreaded book again.

Only one gif worthy of such a joyous occasion....

Comment

Opr
                                                    Nothing beats octopuses IMO.

Motherfucking aliens

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                                      Today is a good day. Finally passed CFA level III and never have to open those dreaded book again.

Brilliant! I'm scared for your gym with all the free time you'll now have!
                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

€22
                                                        Surely there is one lying around the office?

Comment

Opr
                                                          Most animal tests are pretty much "wow x was smarter than we thought before" because basically they are not thought much of. Crows are amazingly smart, they make tools, solve problems etc.

You'll like alex the parrot https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_(parrot)
                                                          the only animal that has yet to ask an existential question. He asked what colour he was.
                                                          He would also get bored at the stupid questions and answer wrong on purpose to show he was bored, understood the concept of nothing, spoke and understood more than 100 words, made up his own words for objects (he knew what a banana and a cherry were so he called an apple a banerry and so on.

His last words were "You be good, see you tomorrow. I love you."
                                                          Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 11-08-15, 16:48.

Comment

@DP: IT Direct on Parliament St.
                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

There's a small computer shop on Dawson st, opposite and up a bit from Hodges Figgis that should stock it, can't think of the name of the place.
                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                Surely there is one lying around the office?
                                                                Fool, I work in the IT department.
                                                                Spare parts and stuff are for marketing and sales, don't you know that?

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                  I hope the mudder missed Dil Wickremasinghe breast feeding live on tv3's midweek chat show last week?. What would she make of the likes?
                                                                  she had 11, I think diddy milk is ok in her book. Speaking of da mudder. At a family party recently I was giving the kid some white chocolate buttons as they are like cocaine to him . anyhoo, as I was offering it to him I said 'body of christ'. She flipped. I got a midlife scolding from the ol dear in full view of the clan. LOLs all round.

Comment

Fool, I work in the IT department.
                                                                    Spare parts and stuff are for marketing and sales, don't you know that?
                                                                    Any engineer who doesn't have an array of spare parts hidden under his desk is not worth his salt

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                      The urge to reply to misguided opinions about McLean is strong... If I even knew what team he played for
                                                                      Then I found about the fools getting upset on his behalf on twitter LOL scummers gonna scum
                                                                      parry is the scummer in this instance though, what a spiteful Alan Partridge like jibe it was
                                                                      McLean was silly with the flag thing,a bit too far,he is spot on with his anti poppy-fascism stance though

Comment

who the fuck are these people asking retarded questions on adverts or done deal when your trying to sell something, I mean, how did they even get on the computer,
                                                                        whats the word for online tyre kickers, have these fucks got nothing better to do,

Examples,
                                                                        Whats your best price?
                                                                        Ad says : €100 EURO No Negotiation on price
                                                                        Fuck you, you knob

What size is it?
                                                                        Ad says w size height size in text and super imposed on photo!!!
                                                                        Like are you fucking retarded.
                                                                        Next stage, ask a bunch of stupid questions then oh wait that size too big for me
                                                                        Fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Can you deliver to limerick over 100miles away?
                                                                        Ad says no delivery, collection only
                                                                        Like are you fucking just stupid or what

I would rather use my own money to the value of the item I am selling and burn it then
                                                                        listen to these stupid fucks, maybe i will burn the item and post video link on the ad

or maybe

I am going to become one of them, every morning I am going to make my tea and then sit down at work and ask a miniminum of 15 questions each morning, I have no intention of buying these items, I will pick out users who have asked stupid questions on other threads, my question will be of enough interest that it require time to answer.
                                                                        Sample

Question
                                                                        i am very interested in your item, just a quick question before I offer asking price, does this have ip rating of 55 or 54, if is the ip 54 rating I will definitely buy,
                                                                        You can see the answer in the manual or you can type your model number into google.
                                                                        ( The secret is I know its the ip54 rating but this will hopefully excite then into a sale )

Answer :Yes it is! I have to find the manual in the attic but its there, I am free after 6 to call by each evening

Question
                                                                        oh wow thats great, i actually bought the new model in PC world as my nan is having a christening and she wanted it set up before the celebration on friday, lol crazy woman eh?

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                          who the fuck are these people asking retarded questions on adverts or done deal when your trying to sell something, I mean, how did they even get on the computer,
                                                                          whats the word for online tyre kickers, have these fucks got nothing better to do,

Examples,
                                                                          Whats your best price?
                                                                          Ad says : €100 EURO No Negotiation on price
                                                                          Fuck you, you knob

What size is it?
                                                                          Ad says w size height size in text and super imposed on photo!!!
                                                                          Like are you fucking retarded.
                                                                          Next stage, ask a bunch of stupid questions then oh wait that size too big for me
                                                                          Fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Can you deliver to limerick over 100miles away?
                                                                          Ad says no delivery, collection only
                                                                          Like are you fucking just stupid or what

I would rather use my own money to the value of the item I am selling and burn it then
                                                                          listen to these stupid fucks, maybe i will burn the item and post video link on the ad

or maybe

I am going to become one of them, every morning I am going to make my tea and then sit down at work and ask a miniminum of 15 questions each morning, I have no intention of buying these items, I will pick out users who have asked stupid questions on other threads, my question will be of enough interest that it require time to answer.
                                                                          Sample

Question
                                                                          i am very interested in your item, just a quick question before I offer asking price, does this have ip rating of 55 or 54, if is the ip 54 rating I will definitely buy,
                                                                          You can see the answer in the manual or you can type your model number into google.
                                                                          ( The secret is I know its the ip54 rating but this will hopefully excite then into a sale )

Answer :Yes it is! I have to find the manual in the attic but its there, I am free after 6 to call by each evening

Question
                                                                          oh wow thats great, i actually bought the new model in PC world as my nan is having a christening and she wanted it set up before the celebration on friday, lol crazy woman eh?
                                                                          Will you take a trade of my DVD player/ps2/ipod?

Comment

I love the Facebook ones "selling me ps4 all games controllers etc pm me for price and that" comments underneath... "how much ya selling it for pal?" "how much bud? " " pm me lads" " how much you let it go for lad?" "how much" " how much"

Ya he ignored the first 7 how much questions but he will definitely answer yours
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                                              Back on a fitness/health kick, serious about it this time and have become anal about macros etc. Hopefully this is the time it sticks. One time please.
                                                                              Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                              GL with it, slowly working my head towards similar but not there yet. Too hot in Malta at the mo but think I'll rejoin the gym at end of month. People in work also doing a half marathon in November. May join, hate running though.

I was in the Phoenix Park Sunday to cheer on a few people to the finish line in the Half Ironman.

I was shocked at the number of people that were clearly overweight (to the point of being clinically obese) that were competing. There was easily three dozen people that I saw that were overweight/obese in the hour and a half I was there

Made me feel quite bad and lazy about myself as I've slacked right off lately, partly due to work having gone banana's but partly to not giving a fuck also

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                I was in the Phoenix Park Sunday to cheer on a few people to the finish line in the Half Ironman.

I was shocked at the number of people that were clearly overweight (to the point of being clinically obese) that were competing. There was easily three dozen people that I saw that were overweight/obese in the hour and a half I was there

Made me feel quite bad and lazy about myself as I've slacked right off lately, partly due to work having gone banana's but partly to not giving a fuck also
                                                                                More of an achievement to do it when you are obese

Comment

Profit before people.

Comment

Sevilla up 1-0 against Barca after 2 mins. Should hopefully make for a decent game. Cracking free kick.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                      Sevilla up 1-0 against Barca after 2 mins. Should hopefully make for a decent game. Cracking free kick.
                                                                                      Lol. Anything you can do....... More Messi magic with a perfect free kick.

Comment

Boom boom. Messi 2. Sevilla 1. Another free kick. He's absolutely class.

Comment

Love it poprock.
                                                                                          I recently refused to sell an appletv to a know it all appletv buyer who initially accused me of copying and pasting a previous ad of his for the same item. It was true but i resented his accusation all the same. I condensed his ad down more aptly which really ate him im sure.

He harangued me and told me he was desperate to buy until i eventually broke and agreed to meet and do the deal, all the time pedantic txt jibes of correction in matters of minutiae detail. Selling stuff to strangers is testing alright.

There really isnt anywhere i want to go enough thats worth waiting in airports and travelling to on aeroplanes. Even when you get there you can spend the week without a person engaging you in conversation just once. Your only really just doing what you would do ordinarily only somewhere else.

Only today i dipped the toe in again and was working hard looking at airbnb to see could i go to Killarney for the racing and do you think i could find any place. No chance anywhere available although airbnb isnt exactly a stronghold in the south west. Eventually i found one place but just as it looked acceptable they mentioned they have pets and they describe the pet like its a drawing factor. Then they got clever and said ''we will tell you where best to go but more importantly where to avoid''. Some of them like to say they grow vegetables and your welcome to help pick the vegetables. Like these steak on the stone restaurants that make out your the boss, eh no ill pay you to cook my steak im on my evening off. Okay picking your vegetables is much better than steak on the stone but you know whats going to happen when your plucking vegetables and eggs with them, they will be throwing furtive fleeting glances your way coming across all knowledgeable and showing you the right way to pick them forcing you to retreat and be the underdog using terms like ''oh yeah..ah gotcha'' and then giving them perfunctory credit for being great for growing your own vegetables.

Ah feck that ill just settle for Shelbourne dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post

Could I borrow your grim determination for a couple of months? Who knows what I would achieve!

Seriously though, fair play. No excuses to not get on that platform a couple of times now!!
                                                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Suarez.
                                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

...
                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...
                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                    Was in a Korean bbq place a few days ago. They bring a bbq to your table, bowl of raw meat to roast on it, then a plate of uncooked veg, and a pot of water to cook the veg in. Really all the dude was providing was a table, chairs, and a bit of fire. Some business.
                                                                                                    Society makes you not complain and they know that!. The veg there really is the slap in the face. Of course your the bore of the group if your to speak out. They have ya

Comment

Wow, 4-4 in the super cup final. Barcelona were 4-1 up.

Opr

Comment

Wow, 4-4 in the super cup final. Barcelona were 4-1 up.

Opr
                                                                                                        It's great entertainment, fair play to Sevilla.

Comment

Messi is one of those Lizard people Jim Corr is talking about. All will be revealed some day. Don't forget to stay out of harcourt street and surrounds tomorrow, the Leaving Cs are coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                            Was in a Korean bbq place a few days ago. They bring a bbq to your table, bowl of raw meat to roast on it, then a plate of uncooked veg, and a pot of water to cook the veg in. Really all the dude was providing was a table, chairs, and a bit of fire. Some business.
                                                                                                            Do they at least take the collar off the Dog ?

Comment

...Would anyone know for sure...would Pedro playing in super cup Mean he would be cup tied if he joined united?...

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                                Messi is one of those Lizard people Jim Corr is talking about. All will be revealed some day. Don't forget to stay out of harcourt street and surrounds tomorrow, the Leaving Cs are coming.
                                                                                                                ...I'm Clean shaven in anticipation 😜...

Comment

Are 'tripair.com' or 'airtickets.ie' reliable?

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                                    ...Would anyone know for sure...would Pedro playing in super cup Mean he would be cup tied if he joined united?...
                                                                                                                    This came up before, he wouldn't be tied
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                                      Super cup means nothing in that regard, he'd be free to play.

Sevilla really should have scored one of those chances at the end there, cracking game.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                        Super cup means nothing in that regard, he'd be free to play.

Sevilla really should have scored one of those chances at the end there, cracking game.
                                                                                                                        The header was inexcusable. The other chance was the centre half I think the commentators said and it just hit him before he saw it. Brilliant game.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                          Aldo vs Mcgregor set for December 12th.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X