X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
    Any more cool stories?
    Busta Rhymes voiced Reptar from Rugrats
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
      Busta Rhymes voiced Reptar from Rugrats
      A very sincere wow! Some fact for this hour. How on earth does someone like that find himself doing something like that?
      airport, lol

Comment

A child's got more bones than a grownups got
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Stuck on RTE radio there just before 8. The news came on and the top story was about a plane that landed in Knock from America with a bishop and a load of his flock over here to go to mass. The top story.

Next story was about a sheep show in Tullamore.

After the news moving statues were mentioned.

This country needs to be nuked.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
            Stuck on RTE radio there just before 8. The news came on and the top story was about a plane that landed in Knock from America with a bishop and a load of his flock over here to go to mass. The top story.

Why?

Comment

Vek yhw si siht

Comment

@Honda & dobby

ye give me evens on the dubs V mayo?

20 or 50?

edit - NVM I see dubs only 4/7 in pp, thought it would be a lot closer. I'll still take them at 1/1s though if you fancy
                Last edited by careca; 09-08-15, 07:42.

Comment

An Inda was there to meet them. WTF!

Comment

Good news tourism story about opening up new markets which apparently was Horan's big idea in the first place. Good luck to them

There are going to be north of 60,000 people going to that show today. There is still an Ireland beyond the suburban blandness of Greater Dublin.

30 year anniversary of a very significant cultural event, innit

We're doing fine.

The news could do with a bit more LOL Dennis O'Brien though
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Jaysus Apple chat support would make you vomit with their faux sincerity:

"I really want to help get this resolved for you. I know if I was having this going on I would want assistance too. Let’s look into this together and figure out what happened so you can start enjoying your MAC again."

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                        Why?
                        Gonna throw a one time in your direction today, its possible you know. They are good enough if and KK are not the invincible monster they were a couple of years ago. I haven't even looked at the markets and probably won't be getting involved but I expect that this is one where I'd be expecting the win market to be much better value than the handicap ones.

One time.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                          We're doing fine.

The news could do with a bit more LOL Dennis O'Brien though
                          Gonna throw a one time in your direction today, its possible you know. They are good enough if and KK are not the invincible monster they were a couple of years ago. I haven't even looked at the markets and probably won't be getting involved but I expect that this is one where I'd be expecting the win market to be much better value than the handicap ones.

One time.
                          SP hitting all the right notes today.

Yep can be done, first 20 mins key. Not in a 'stick with them' manner but would love to see Waterford having right cut from the off. KK full back line suspect

Comment

I really want to help get this resolved for you. I know if I was having this going on I would want assistance too. Let’s look into this together and figure out what happened so you can start enjoying your MAC again.

SharonAre you still there?

Me:Yep

Me:Yes!

Your chat session has ended. Thanks for using Apple's chat support.

Comment

Fuck all that nonsense, we look like sheep riding inbreds, with eyes where noses should be.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                  And Martin Scorcese has a TV series coming out early next year about a music exec in 70s New York.
                                  Saw the trailer for that a couple of days ago.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

For early August that's actually a pretty hot news day.
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

We're doing fine.

The news could do with a bit more LOLGFY Dennis O'Brien though
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                        Some sense of relief when the people you've forked out €€€€€s to in a foreign language country for house stuff turn up. Was reading some stories online last night about this company (Conforama for Shrap), and people saying 'I ordered, paid, they never turned up, I rang them and they told me to fck off, so I did [insert vastly complicated resolution process]'. Was kinda thinking that if they didn't turn up I'd have to write it off as a hefty loss and pay someone else for a bed with fingers-crossed.

They need an app / website where you can hire a bilingual native speaker to help you 'talk to a guy about something'. You explain it in your language, he rings the company and pretends to be you, and voilà you've got electricity.
                                        We had good experiences with Conforama, got loads of stuff there, always on time and put the stuff together for you for a little extra, I hate assembling furniture.

Because of the big ex-pat community here its easy to find a "gestor" who will do administrative stuff, change car ownership, driving license, residency paperwork, translations etc.

I usually just ask a question on one of the Facebook groups in this area you get loads of recommendations. Best place to buy stuff, good markets, cars, mechanics, schools, golf discounts etc.

Is there any Facebook groups for ex-pats in your area? If not you should create one.

Comment

Is there some religious festival on? There seems to be a much wider range of religious nutjobs in town than usual.

Comment

And for only the cost of a cup of coffee...

YOU: ehh here hold onto my cash until I need it, cheers buddy?

PTSB: no probs and thanks for calling me buddy, I consider you a good friend too

OTHER BANKS: nip down to Starbucks for a frapuccino for me, and I'll see what I can do, no promises though as old man strew is in charge of the atms
                                            I've never paid bank charges but for maintaining a online service, an ATM network, and a physical branch network I wouldn't begrudge them a few euro. Certainly beats paying $3 a pop at the atm.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                              Is there some religious festival on? There seems to be a much wider range of religious nutjobs in town than usual.
                                              Yup, the Ironman convocation is in Dublin today.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                I've never paid bank charges but for maintaining a online service, an ATM network, and a physical branch network I wouldn't begrudge them a few euro. Certainly beats paying $3 a pop at the atm.
                                                Shouldn't/Don't the profits they make using your money as the basis for loans etc easily cover any and all activities you happen to do with them!?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                  Shouldn't/Don't the profits they make using your money as the basis for loans etc easily cover any and all activities you happen to do with them!?
                                                  I don't think so in current climate (ECB overnight rate is at a negative interest rate)

I'd be really surprised if I wasn't a loss for the bank I'm with... and if they're expecting to make it back with a mortgage....
                                                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 09-08-15, 10:12.

Comment

And for only the cost of a cup of coffee...

YOU: ehh here hold onto my cash until I need it, cheers buddy?

PTSB: no probs and thanks for calling me buddy, I consider you a good friend too

OTHER BANKS: nip down to Starbucks for a frapuccino for me, and I'll see what I can do, no promises though as old man strew is in charge of the atms
                                                    PTSB: Hey we stole a shitload of money from you and in our efforts to cover it up we fucked you out of your home onto the street, then we sold the house for half what it was worth to you so now you owe us wayyyyy more than you did when we evicted you.

YOU: WT actual F

PTSB: BBHMM

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                      Only up to a point. This is one of the big issues in banking these days. Retail banking is a fairly solid business but it is a safe solid and very boring business that works off quite small profit margins. Banks nowadays are owned and run by people who are used to high risk and reward businesses and really don't understand or even want to be in the retail business.
                                                      Apart from historical reasons the main reason any of them remain in the business is that having existing customers, and knowing where there money is, continues to be the best way of selling other more profitable services.
                                                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 09-08-15, 11:10.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                        @Honda & dobby

ye give me evens on the dubs V mayo?

20 or 50?

edit - NVM I see dubs only 4/7 in pp, thought it would be a lot closer. I'll still take them at 1/1s though if you fancy
                                                        Nah. I backed Mayo at the start of the year so I'm happy enough with the sweat I'm getting now.

Comment

I was more hoping for appreciation of the jebus analogy.

I get you don't want the hassle. That's why companies, on average, screw us over. They know everyone just thinks 'ah its only the price of a cup of coffee'. Fck em - but its YOUR cup of coffee! Only read the cup of coffee' bit in your post though as I'm on a bit of a food-drink / sheep vagina buzz tonight. The rest might have been excellent.
                                                          If they're screwing me over for twenty quid a year, then frankly let them screw me.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                            I really want to help get this resolved for you. I know if I was having this going on I would want assistance too. Let’s look into this together and figure out what happened so you can start enjoying your MAC again.

Me:Yep

Me:Yes!

Your chat session has ended. Thanks for using Apple's chat support.
                                                            Can anyone possibly talk to someone called Sharon and not throw in a"good girl Shadden"at the end? I can't anyhow,fuck you Georgie Burgess.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

can you book into an hotel near dublin airport for one night and leave the car there for a few nights for free?

I am going to IOM Friday norming , but thinking of going to stay near airport thur night and then i am back sunday.

edit.... booked metro, will do. 127 between us with 3 nights parking inc. not bad
                                                                Last edited by SatNav; 09-08-15, 12:23.
                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

ass regards paying fees, banks already make money off them having your money, it's purely competition that is a problem. as riggs says keeping 3k in your account is bollocks as you can be earnding money on that 3k (see loan to cornucopia for details )

tsb are great in that when they change their deals and costs etc they never change my account, ive always had it free with no restrictions for 25 years, and this is the only time they have annoyed me. But yeah, fuck banks whats the point of having a hotline at the weekends when the people that can actually do anything are off.

anyway enough about that found a lovely new swedish cider last night and the international was class.
                                                                  Really wanted this guy to win, started playing by getting a desk out of a dumpster, borrowed a monitor, kicked out of his house as a teenager, team wins 6 million 10 years later.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 09-08-15, 12:03.

Comment

West Ham have given a debut to Reece Oxford. He was born 16 December 1998. 16 years old.

I am old.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                      West Ham have given a debut to Reece Oxford. He was born 16 December 1998. 16 years old.

I am old.
                                                                      In about 3 World Cups time you'll scan the squads to see if anyone is older than you, and find its just the third choice Cameroon keeper - thats always a day to feel old.

Comment

At my local GAA clubs Division 3 Junior B final.

#FanPoweredFootball

Comment

LOL Arsenal.

Comment

m8s

Comment

And that's why you get a professional
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                And that's why you get a professional
                                                                                Was it you that fixed it?

Comment

You are indeed a deadly parrot. A quick 4.5 hour google hangout later

Comment

Deadparrot for mod?
                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

at least some sort of award for DP

Comment

Was it you that fixed it?
                                                                                        A gentleman never tells.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                          You are indeed a deadly parrot. A quick 4.5 hour google hangout later
                                                                                          Make him an admin.

Comment

Make him an admin.
                                                                                            He possesses the important login details.

Comment

Tshirts now on sale

I survived the IPB Outage 2015

Comment

He possesses the important login details.
                                                                                                What broke it? I tried to edit a table and it went down. Lloyd posted a photo that said a problem was a table I think.

Are tables bad?

Comment

What broke it? I tried to edit a table and it went down. Lloyd posted a photo that said a problem was a table I think.

Are tables bad?
                                                                                                  Corrupt database tables are. Tables in posts aren't.

Comment

Corrupt database tables are. Tables in posts aren't.
                                                                                                    it;s always MrsFD

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                                      at least some sort of award for DP

Comment

Where else would one see ppl thanking a dead parrot.

Comment

Whoo hoo back, im. So excited I'd nearly post me boobs
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Calm down Shelly.

Comment

Calm down Shelly.
                                                                                                              Missed ye cunts
                                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                Missed ye cunts
                                                                                                                You too m8. All is right in the world again.

Comment

I'd say LL currently doing two million bench presses with the stress of it all
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

i was enjoying the break, can someone break it or ban me
                                                                                                                    I'd say the amount of fucks lloyd gave was close to zero but not entirely zero

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                                      i was enjoying the break, can someone break it or ban me
                                                                                                                      I'd say the amount of fucks lloyd gave was close to zero but not entirely zero
                                                                                                                      Disagree, I reckon he doesn't like something to get the better of him. I reckon he will ban me tomorrow

What u have for tea?
                                                                                                                      I had omelette,5 pounds down in 5 days quite chuffed
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

I doubt he will think the site got the better of him. We need to hear from the man himself, when he recovers.

I went to boojum and got a class burrito. did not weigh myself

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                                          I doubt he will think the site got the better of him. We need to hear from the man himself, when he recovers.

I went to boojum and got a class burrito. did not weigh myself
                                                                                                                          On scales three times a day since hols. Had shower today got on scales happy out at weight dropping. Put on bra weighed myself a pound up, wtf like? Shur a fucking bra hardly weighs a pound like
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X