Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
      Mayo for sam
      They'll beat Dublin anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        They have greater competition in the UK. Thats the point. Its got nothing to do with population. AIB offers free banking in Northern Ireland (through FirstTrust) and ycharges here. And NI is much smaller. They do that because they have to. Which is a good thing. Banks here charge because they can, because there's so little competition, not because they have to. You are being flagellated with unnecessary monthly fees and seem to be defending the whipping on the grounds that you deserve it.
        Free banking First Trust - lose your debit card that'll be £5... lol...charges to setup a standing order. Go on outta that...
        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
          emergency cash thing failed with tsb, they are retarded.

I called asking about it, as I was with o2 who dont exist any more, so I asked do I select o2 or 3 as my provider. They don't know. I send a text to each provider (charge 4 euro), neither arrive. They cant cancel the charges/texts either. jaysus christ.

im so confused now, why did my old pin not work, what fucking pin are they sending me haha
          emergency cash thing failed with tsb, they are retarded.
          Huge levels of retardation going on there...
          Basically your account and cards are separate entities When your card expires and is reissued it is supposed to be an updated version of the same card (It will have a new sequence number that you don't see and doesn't form part of the pin calculation).
          As it is a reissue all the same keys are in place and there is no need for a new pin but for some reason, almost certainly to do with saving money in issuing the contactless app.

I can understand why they might want to issue new cards but the real retardation is that any change on that scale should be done out of sequence with the expiry i.e. they should have sent the contactless upgrade as a second card that would not invalidate the old one until you used the new one with its new pin.

Even more annoying and infuriating is the utter stupidity of them only using the cardless cash access only as an 'emergency cash' option that is associated with your card rather than your account. The way they have ist configured is that it will only work with your card pin. So for instance if I wanted to use it so that you could pick up the cash the only way we could do that is for me to tell you my card pin which would be stupid.
          The way it should work is that you can buy a voucher from your account and and set a one time pin for it and then share that with whoever you want.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
              They'll beat Dublin anyway.
              Yeah I agree. Dubs won't see it coming assuming victory. they will need to figure a way to keep the ball well away from O Shea because their full back line won't handle him imo. Should be a cracker of a game.
              airport, lol

Comment

Comment

And the extra Ulster Bank charges in NI to make up for the lack of fees compared to same account in Republic? Are you seriously still arguing why you deserve to be charged for something that is widely available for free in normal banking market countries? Is there not a twinge of doubt about the potential stupidity of that?!
                  Fair point WP.. I'll still maintain that the free service you receive from PTSB is by far inferior to the services offered by other banks who charge these inordinate fees.
                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Yeah my bank here is open Sat and its class, but thats just because the country is fcked up and needs loads of things done in person in the bank. Shouldn't ever have to go into a bank if a bank does its online stuff properly. What do you have to go into a bank for??
                    Every so often I need to change money or some such thing. Doesn't happen very often I will admit

Comment

This 'well I must be getting something for my money' attitude btw is why ptsb are switching back to charging new customers in a few months. Current accounts are profitable for banks in other ways (mainly upselling, but a small bit of interest earned on positive balances, interest from overdrafts) and fees don't need to be charged. Almost unheard of for fees in the UK. Its like turkeys arguing for a second christmas.
                      What would you say is the most open and competitive banking environment in the world? And what is the state of bank account charges there?
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Anyway, lol at this free bank charges argument.

AIB levied a compulsory bank charge of €4,500 on every citizen in the state.

When you adjust for the scale of PTSB, they're just as bad. Free banking me bollix.

Comment

Comment

Yeah I agree. Dubs won't see it coming assuming victory. they will need to figure a way to keep the ball well away from O Shea because their full back line won't handle him imo. Should be a cracker of a game.
                            At the Mayo not playing Kerry next?

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                No, Kerry v Tyrone, Mayo v Dublin for the semis, looking forward to them. Kerry Mayo final would be class too.
                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                  Kerry have Tyrone in the semis and Mayo v Dublin.

Comment

Comment

Last Saturday night the conversation in here was about government investment in cycle paths, tonight it's about current accounts.

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Where's SatNav, throw up a photograph of alcohol ffs before I go out of my mind with boredom.
                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                              Last Saturday night the conversation in here was about government investment in cycle paths, tonight it's about current accounts.

Where's SatNav, throw up a photograph of alcohol ffs before I go out of my mind with boredom.
                                              Sheep vagina probably wasn't the turn you were looking for either?

Tell us a story to get us going..
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Sheep vagina probably wasn't the turn you were looking for either?

Tell us a story to get us going..
                                                Fuck ewe hadn't been posted yet before I hit submit, I would've held that thought. That's more like it.

Gonna watch a Will Ferrell movie, I'll think of a story for after.

Comment

Comment

Subject to the unlikely granting of consent, that sounds like a rather fcking excellent experience.
                                                    You'd just have to think of some way to forget you were fucking a sheep
                                                    Isn't that what Google Glass was really developed for?
                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Breaking Baaad: A Coming of Age Story
                                                      Got lambasted by the critics afair

Comment

A sheep brothel, in Wales. You could select from about fifty different sheep depending on your preference. I really don't know enough about sheep genitalia - is that fcking a sheep in the ass, or - and I'm morto to not know this basic biological fact - does a female sheep have a pussy too?
                                                        Speaking of sheep.. Who won your sheep game in the end?
                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Comment

Jaysus that sucks. As soon as you eventually get a CID, if that works out, you should just never do a bit of work ever again, because fckem.
                                                            CIDs appear to be 'subject to funding' these days!
                                                            May you live in interesting times!

Comment

your bird is here
                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

I see hbo coming out with a new mini series from makers of The Wire called Show Me A Hero, starting 16 August.

Also they have a new war mini series called The Mighty 8th coming out with no date yet. And Martin Scorcese has a TV series coming out early next year about a music exec in 70s New York.
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                  your bird is here
                                                                  Congrats
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Congrats
                                                                    on what lol?
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

on what lol?
                                                                      On the trick of the light
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Playing with that Kodi thing for hours. Head is melted!

Comment

On the trick of the light
                                                                          that was a photo that a chap took and i paid a tenner for it! i then took photo of photo on my phone, so actually i prob look older in that pic than i actually do in real life
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                            Downloaded it myself, mostly out of curiosity. Like, more TV is what my life needs
                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                              Its ridiculously good. Yatze for your phone and you basically have chromecast built in.

I also have it set up for Google music so all my music in the same place.

Get great use out of it when mates are over drinking or whatever. You can just pick youtube songs/videos from phone and play them on the TV with yatze. And you can queue up the videos so anyone in the room can add to the queue of songs coming on.
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Yeah. He's an awful size of a man. Things just seem to be going right for them this year, a bit like Kerry last year, things just fall into place. All the talk about Dublin again this year. A comment Ciaran Whealen made on Sunday game a few weeks ago. He said Dublin have sorted their problems from last year by playing a sweeper. If that's all they've changed up they're there for the taking by anyone.

Would love to see Kerry Mayo go at it again anyway. The two games last year were the best I've ever seen.

Comment

Congrats
                                                                                  How the fuck did you get away with that

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                    u cant argue with old men in fairness
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                      Hahaha
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

UK is widely acknowledged as in the lead due to a recent thing that makes switching vastly easier. Ridic deals on offer there. E.g. Santander 1-2-3 account offering interest on positive balances and cashback on paying your bills. Free account obv. In fact Bank of Ireland offering some nice current accounts for free through UK post office. Here they convince people to argue in favour of paying fees for the same account.

It's not size of country, just level of competition mediated by ease of switching. Hence why mobiles, car insurance are quite competitive here.
                                                                                        123 account is £2 per month.

Comment

that's the lad from my class in the background
                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Jeez, everyone's a critic. This must be how jesus felt when he tried to offer free wine and bread to peeps. 'Oh no I couldn't possibly accept; Pat the Baker charges me €2 for a shitty pan of bread because I'm special'
                                                                                                Hitch you don't get it. I pay next to nothing for my bank account, if anything at all. Why would I go through the hardship of getting together all these bits of documentation I probably don't have and drive myself round the bend talking to bozos in a bank or on the phone, changing to an different homogenous product for (at best) a saving of a coffee a month?

In fact I'd actually pay extra if I never had to fill out another form or get ID together unless it was absolutely necessary.

If that makes me an inertia driven fool, then so be it. I value my time and sanity more than having to deal with banks when I don't have to.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                    Hitch you don't get it. I pay next to nothing for my bank account, if anything at all. Why would I go through the hardship of getting together all these bits of documentation I probably don't have and drive myself round the bend talking to bozos in a bank or on the phone, changing to an different homogenous product for (at best) a saving of a coffee a month?

In fact I'd actually pay extra if I never had to fill out another form or get ID together unless it was absolutely necessary.

If that makes me an inertia driven fool, then so be it. I value my time and sanity more than having to deal with banks when I don't have to.
                                                                                                    Also significantly poorer products and services

Comment

Michelle, he's saying he thinks you look 9 mths pregnant.

That's why SP is wondering how the fuck he got away with saying that.

A trick of the light makes your left hand look like it's holding a bump.

You don't look fat btw. At all.

Comment

...

Comment

Michelle, he's saying he thinks you look 9 mths pregnant.

That's why SP is wondering how the fuck he got away with saying that.

A trick of the light makes your left hand look like it's holding a bump.

You don't look fat btw. At all.
                                                                                                          ah ffs, my hand is on my boob, honda ya cunt!

although since i came back i look fucking preggers ffs
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Kerry have an all Ireland in the bag this summer after the junior team beat Mayo today. I think the lost to Mayo last year so fair going to go all the way this year.

Comment

More banking freebies here.......http://touch.boards.ie/thread/205747.../#post96514709

Comment

Place needs some life..
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Goodnight.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post

If you have 3k in your current account, paying a hundred squid in lost interest.

Comment

ah ffs, my hand is on my boob, honda ya cunt!

although since i came back i look fucking preggers ffs
                                                                                                                      THE gMILFINATOR STRIKES AGAIN.

Comment

€31 for a taxi home. I give your man a 50. He asks do I have a euro. I say just give me 15 back. Usually I'd insist on getting the full change when he's being a stingy cunt and not just calling it a 30 quid fare but was in a good mood so gave the cunt a 4 euro tip.
                                                                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                                          €31 for a taxi home. I give your man a 50. He asks do I have a euro. I say just give me 15 back. Usually I'd insist on getting the full change when he's being a stingy cunt and not just calling it a 30 quid fare but was in a good mood so gave the cunt a 4 euro tip.
                                                                                                                          Any more cool stories?
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X