• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
    Do me an aviator if your bored m8...

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
      Nice effort, but seems a little lazy... I know you are better then that m8. Beside I didn't build the future.
      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Nice effort, but seems a little lazy... I know you are better then that m8. Beside I didn't build the future.
        You asked for an Aviator m8.

Comment

You asked for an Aviator m8.
          Pardon m8... Avatar obviously.
          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Pardon m8... Avatar obviously.
            It works!

I'll make you one tomorrow m8

Name 3 things to incorporate and it will be done.

Comment

It works!

I'll make you one tomorrow m8

Name 3 things to incorporate and it will be done.
              Hmmm... Tougher than I expected

Ipb handle,
              Rugby,
              Fitness beginner.

Comment

Finally caught up on the Royal Wedding on youtube.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                      Not the best, not the worst figures from IW.

Great timing for Murphy, he can get off the Syriza fail quickly and get back to burning bills.

43% of households paid, 46% of €€€ paid up for the first bills thus far.
                      That is a very poor initial number surely? Have to imagine a number of 1st bill payers will rescind payment of their second bill on the back of that percentage.
                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                        Thought this article in the IT at the weekend was interesting. While what happened to her was horrible and inexcusable obviously, I think some of the views expressed were alarmingly naive. There is plenty of places in cities where it would be stupid to walk alone as a male let alone a female. Any bit of commonsense in relation to stuff like this tends to get shouted down as ' victim blaming'
                        Last month, as I left a club to walk home, I was attacked by a man I had never seen before. I am meant to be afraid. But I will not be limited by the daily threat of assault

I will not tell girls not to walk alone. I will not tell them to be careful, to live defensively and travel only in herds. This is no answer, only kindling to a fire of fear, lit in the first stages of adolescence and fuelled by the diesel of vulture-like news reports of violence against females. The power of masculinity relies on control and discipline of the body in public and private spaces.
                        Completely agree. It's a spectacularly impractical mantra from the feminist side of the coin. Yes, he are morally right: anyone should be able to wear / walk where they want without fear of attack. But that isn't the world we live in. There is no grey in some people's world. Surely we can all agree victims are not to blame while urging people caution and prudence at the same time?
                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

bit of a weird one, was on twitter and saw Limerick FC posted that their chairman would be on Morning Ireland talking about recruitment policies. He talked about how the austerity in Greece gave him an idea about possibly recruiting Greek players to the LOI. So apparently there's going to be a few Greek lads (some Greek internationals apparently) coming over to Limerick for a trial before the end of the month.
                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                            That is a very poor initial number surely?.
                            Not at all considering the campaign.your pal Posh boy Murphy is on the radio hot off the plane from Athens quoting,of all people George Orwell
                            According to him that 46% have paid on reciept of their first bill is an indicatipn that a 'clear majority are against the charge'
                            So once the amount of paid bills has gone over 50% I presume he and his thugs will get off the street and allow the silent majority get on with their lives.
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Considering laziness/inertia it's not that bad, I still haven't paid mine and I'm hardly out marching about it. About ~20% of households still don't pay the tv licence fee?

Comment

Comment

Yeah not bad / not great I'd have thought.

Something like 20% would have been a sinking stone, something like 65%+ would have been a kick in the dick for Murphy imo.

We're in a boring enough middle ground instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                    Considering laziness/inertia it's not that bad, I still haven't paid mine and I'm hardly out marching about it. About ~20% of households still don't pay the tv licence fee?
                                    Just paid mine, totally forgot about it and they didn't send me a reminder email/letter like any other company. Surprised I didn't stick my direct debit details on it at the time tho.

Just paid my management fees - 2 fires in the block this year and one last year jacking up the insurance and rinsing the sink fund. Fucking candles - we invented electricity already just buy a lamp.

I would join a march to ban candles or perhaps introduce a huge candle tax

Comment

I haven't paid mine because of laziness too. It's not a bad figure considering the average time in the UK to pay a water bill is 3 months and the way Irish people need some sort of immediate detrimental thing to get off their ass.

Comment

Yeah not bad / not great I'd have thought.

Something like 20% would have been a sinking stone, something like 65%+ would have been a kick in the dick for Murphy imo.

We're in a boring enough middle ground instead.
                                        They should have marketed it that way.

"Pay your water charge and it will be like a kick in the dick for Paul Murphy"

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                          The interesting cohort will be the likes of my father who has an objection to paying for what he calls 'Gods Water' but also to both blueshirts and Communists His strategy is all over the place but completely mercenary, he will look to get the €100 allowance but won't pay over a penny until the last minute before non payment charges come in.
                                          Its extraordinary but it is one subject that gets him really animated. He grew up in a world where those wealthy enough and lucky enough to have access to it did pay for mains water but he was among the rest who carried buckets from the communal well. To this day he will often leave the cold water tap running at full blast! I've failed miserably to figure out what his thinking behind this is (he denies it is deliberate though it clearly is) I suppose its just because he can.

Comment

That's something that's bad, old people are terrible for it. Water on all damn day for no reason. Or watering the lawn every day and all that. Lawd.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                              They should have marketed it that way.

"Pay your water charge and it will be like a kick in the dick for Paul Murphy"
                                              Would pay twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                That's something that's bad, old people are terrible for it. Water on all damn day for no reason.
                                                Gets quite cold overnight at this time of year, wouldn't want the pipes to freeze.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                  Gets quite cold overnight at this time of year, wouldn't want the pipes to freeze.
                                                  I would say it gets quite warm this time of year and you wouldn't want the water going stagnant

Comment

I haven't paid mine because of laziness too.
                                                    Neither have I... but in my defence it's because they havent bothered taking the direct debit.

Apparently they are just going to take two payments worth in the next billing window. If that has happened on a large enough scale the next set of numbers could be very interesting indeed.
                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                      Neither have I... but in my defence it's because they havent bothered taking the direct debit.

Apparently they are just going to take two payments worth in the next billing window. If that has happened on a large enough scale the next set of numbers could be very interesting indeed.
                                                      Trojan Horse number release? The cute hoorism would be hilarious.
                                                      Last edited by Emmet; 15-07-15, 10:01.

Comment

Got blood test results today, and somebody on here was asking before should they ask for specific things to test. Yep, ask for everything you want or say "complete" or something, with vitamin examples. That was important as I was told I asked for more than people generally do which was good. (Things I added were stuff like b12, vit D, iron etc)

Comment

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I assume it's some sort of crime when somebody else registers you to Irish water? my letting agents did, not that they have said so. Not that I care, I was just lazy and this saves me doping anything, just wondering. If anybody would like to be outraged on my behalf that would be grand.

Comment

I assume it's some sort of crime when somebody else registers you to Irish water? my letting agents did, not that they have said so. Not that I care, I was just lazy and this saves me doping anything, just wondering. If anybody would like to be outraged on my behalf that would be grand.
                                                              Mine did too. And got my name wrong.
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                this is a shameful sausage demi-baguette.
                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

One of the alleged admins for Silk Road 2.0 is a guy I know and went to school with. Was wondering how fucked he might be.
                                                                  Seen this in the papers over the last few days alright.
                                                                  One of his friends has started a thread on afterhours.

Comment

That's ridiculously dissapointing.
                                                                    Zero in the way of comdements ?
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

You can see ketchup bleeding out on the right there.

This one was from Spar. I was in a hurry so didn't have time to stop at the good place. I'd give it 5/10. The baguette was reasonably fresh and had a decent texture. The sausages were perfectly cooked but didn't have much flavour. Ketchup was not evenly distributed, resulting in dryness in some places and overload in others. Plenty of room for improvement but not bad for a deli counter.
                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I think you need to change toppings daily until you (we) discover greatness.
                                                                        Tomorrow...
                                                                        Coleslaw & jalapeños
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I have that book on The Wire too m8
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Oh reddit
                                                                            Originally posted by Spez reddit founder
                                                                            Neither Alexis nor I created reddit to be a bastion of free speech, but rather as a place where open and honest discussion can happen[...]
                                                                            When asked what the Founding Fathers would have thought of reddit:
                                                                            Originally posted by Alexis other reddit founder
                                                                            "A bastion of free speech on the World Wide Web? I bet they would like it[...]"

Comment

cliffs on reddit drama?

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                Mine did too. And got my name wrong.
                                                                                Did they also say that you worked in the Airport...???

Comment

You can see ketchup bleeding out on the right there.

This one was from Spar. I was in a hurry so didn't have time to stop at the good place. I'd give it 5/10. The baguette was reasonably fresh and had a decent texture. The sausages were perfectly cooked but didn't have much flavour. Ketchup was not evenly distributed, resulting in dryness in some places and overload in others. Plenty of room for improvement but not bad for a deli counter.
                                                                                  That's a long fall from a Bacon & Egg Cheeseburger...

I'd struggle to go above 3.5/10

Comment

They sell Waterford Blaas on the train.
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                      The interesting cohort will be the likes of my father who has an objection to paying for what he calls 'Gods Water' but also to both blueshirts and Communists His strategy is all over the place but completely mercenary, he will look to get the €100 allowance but won't pay over a penny until the last minute before non payment charges come in.
                                                                                      Its extraordinary but it is one subject that gets him really animated. He grew up in a world where those wealthy enough and lucky enough to have access to it did pay for mains water but he was among the rest who carried buckets from the communal well. To this day he will often leave the cold water tap running at full blast! I've failed miserably to figure out what his thinking behind this is (he denies it is deliberate though it clearly is) I suppose its just because he can.

Your Dad sounds awesome. Like you on speed.
                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                        Your Dad sounds awesome. Like you on speed.
                                                                                        I'm assuming we're all seeing the same image of an Old man shouting at a newspaper article regarding an Old man shouting at a cloud?

Comment

cliffs on reddit drama?

Comment

Still don't understand.

ELI5

Comment

This is not from The Onion but a fairly mainstream source

WTF is wrong with you America that you would even joke about shit like this.

Comment

cliffs on reddit drama?
                                                                                                Time to monetize the site. That is all.

Comment

Trump wants to build a huge boarder wall and put loads of basically militia men to work clearing out the illegal populations of the US. This plays well with the Tea party

Jeb is much closer to George Snr than Jnr as far as I can see, speaks spanish and married a Latino so this plays well with all those who dont like trumps idea I guess.

It will only take a gust of wind to knock trump out. The yanks love a good head of hair on their presidents

Comment

I feel like this has been asked here before. What do you do if out of the country and your passport expires. How do you renew it? Passport office not answering the phone.

Opr

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                          If you're actually living out of the country then you just send your renewal application through the local Irish embassy. Not sure if they need you to go in person, but it was just done by post in the UK.
                                                                                                          It blows my mind how it is easier to get a passport renewed/replaced than it is a driving license when abroad.
                                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                            It will only take a gust of wind to knock trump out. The yanks love a good head of hair on their presidents
                                                                                                            The guy is so far beyond parody its truly scary that he can at any level be considered a semi serious candidate by anyone.
                                                                                                            I mean this is a man who hired actors to be the crowd when he announced his bid because he couldn't round up enough people to fill a photo but he can still get 17% of a sample of real voters to say they would tick his name... for fucking president of the US

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                              It blows my mind how it is easier to get a passport renewed/replaced than it is a driving license when abroad.
                                                                                                              Until recently our licence was made from one side laminated paper, give them time.
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Interesting article on 5 38 about Raoul's man
                                                                                                                It seems that as Walker is lurching further right all the time he becomes more value to get the nomination. I think it also makes so much him more unelectable that Hilary would actually have to die on the campaign trail to lose to him.

Comment

Trojan Horse number release? The cute hoorism would be hilarious.
                                                                                                                  Ehh... incompetence vs malice... I know which I would lean towards.
                                                                                                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

A poll of only 349 voters seems rather dubious and not worth reading anything into. Theres probably still more prospective GOP candidates in the betfair list than #ofpeople who were polled.

Trump is having a bit of fun and getting early headlines, he'll withdraw a few days after he finishes 6th in the New Hampshire primary.

Comment

cliffs on reddit drama?
                                                                                                                      Still don't understand.

ELI5
                                                                                                                      They were an extremely popular yet fairly unpoliced social media site.
                                                                                                                      They got about $50m VC money
                                                                                                                      subreddits (like subforums) like /r/jailbait and /r/sexydeadkids were quickly removed
                                                                                                                      reddint involved as social media hub for lots of shitty things like #gamergate and Boston Bombing internet detectiving. It all goes as bad as you'd expect.
                                                                                                                      Increased pressure from stakeholders on how to attract money (advertisers) leads to further policing.
                                                                                                                      Reddit sacked Victoria. She went by the handle /u/Chooter and liaised between the leaders of the Reddit's largest communities and their volunteer army of unpaid moderators. Most prominently, she legitimized Reddit’s popular “Ask Me Anything” feature and helped it go mainstream, making big name celebrities comfortable with the oft-confrontational Reddit hordes while lending veracity to the process for a readership that tends to skew skeptical. President Barack Obama even participated in one in 2012.
                                                                                                                      She was apparently fired for being unwilling to participate in further attempts to monetize reddit (Paid and shill AMAs etc)
                                                                                                                      Reddit goes dark in protest (unpaid mods make most popular subreddits private)
                                                                                                                      Reddit co-founder who was behind it the firings lets Ellen Pao (interim ceo) fall on her sword in a glass cliff scenario.
                                                                                                                      He then releases statement saying reddit is not about free speech and is quoted in forbes a few years back saying it was.

TL;DR Reddit is imploding because the founders are changing the fundamental reasons behind its popularity in the 1st place to turn a dollar.

Comment

A poll of only 349 voters seems rather dubious and not worth reading anything into. Theres probably still more prospective GOP candidates in the betfair list than #ofpeople who were polled.

Trump is having a bit of fun and getting early headlines, he'll withdraw a few days after he finishes 6th in the New Hampshire primary.
                                                                                                                        Considering that he keeps doing this it's surprising he's even getting headlines at this stage.

Comment

Seen this in the papers over the last few days alright.
                                                                                                                          One of his friends has started a thread on afterhours.
                                                                                                                          The old Autism defence. Straight after the 6.1 he was on facebook complaining about the photos

He doesn't give a fuck. Hopefully he isn't sent over there to rot.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X