X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
      Yeah I'm obviously not placing that bet but after I said it I was thinking fuck I'll have to put a fiver on it
      I think I probably should as well after my comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
        What do we think of the rape during sleep sentence? Difficult to comment without knowing the full details.
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Wouldn't it be great if you owned a glorified mobile home in Wicklow, or, indeed, owned a glorified mobile home park in Wicklow, that every time you needed to sell, or even every time the receivers were close to taking over, you managed to get a puff piece written in a large selling sunday newspaper extolling it's value?
          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
            What do we think of the rape during sleep sentence? Difficult to comment without knowing the full details.
            He raped her, he admits he raped her, guy should be doing hard time.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
              Indeed martial rape is illegal but if your girlfriend has medicated herself into a deep sleep that is fine.

Kayroo might fill us in on the whys but him admitting he did it seems like more than enough grounds for a prosecution.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                Surely NSFW tags would have been applicable? I've a burger boner now.
                #soznotsoz

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                Far be it from me to criticise but if you are going to go that far either season and flavour the mince (the right mix of herbs, salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, ketchup, chilli, breadcrumbs, egg etc. to taste) or else don't bother mincing the meat at all and just use strips of steak.
                9/10 for the rest, the point is dropped for putting ketchup on top of the egg!
                It is seasoned with salt & pepper before being made into a patty. I don't use breadcrumbs or egg in my burgers, they are just filler for me. All you need is beef. I'm also not mad about lot of herbs and spices, I prefer to just let the meat speak for itself if you know what I mean

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                I'll give it 9/10 also. One point docked for not grating the cheese.
                Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                Or at least slightly less of a big massive lump of cheese in it!
                Tough crowd The chesse slices do look a little think alright but by the time I wolfed it down, it had pretty much all started to melt as it's sandwiched between the hot bacon and the burger

Comment

Each case is different, with its own unique factors, which is why sentencing is a seperate process to finding somebody guilty.

Here, she wasn't even aware of the crime until he told her.

Because it was a finding of rape, he will go on the sex offenders list for life (afaik). This will affect his ability to apply for a huge number of jobs (public and private sector), also to involve himself in anything to do with minors (work, sport etc..). It will show up on any 'security' check done on him. It also has long term implications for his ability to travel to certain countries etc...

In short, while he mightn't see the inside of a prison (and that is dependent on his behaviour over the next few years, a suspended sentence can be activated), he will have serious restrictions on his life choices, for, well, life.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                    Each case is different, with its own unique factors, which is why sentencing is a seperate process to finding somebody guilty.

So if I got you super drunk and you passed out, had my wicked way with you, redressed you and so long as when you wake up I dont tell you thats all good?

Crazy to differentiate but an awesome precident for harmless or just a great laugh date rapists

Comment

Wouldn't it be great if you owned a glorified mobile home in Wicklow, or, indeed, owned a glorified mobile home park in Wicklow, that every time you needed to sell, or even every time the receivers were close to taking over, you managed to get a puff piece written in a large selling sunday newspaper extolling it's value?
                      I'm not sure that article really sold it though, except for drone practice.

Comment

Happy Birthday McGoat
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Is it OK if I empty your bank account until you notice?

Because it was a finding of rape, he will go on the sex offenders list for life (afaik). This will affect his ability to apply for a huge number of jobs (public and private sector), also to involve himself in anything to do with minors (work, sport etc..). It will show up on any 'security' check done on him. It also has long term implications for his ability to travel to certain countries etc...
                          He's already back living in Norway and it's unknown if he is on any list over there.
                          In short, while he mightn't see the inside of a prison (and that is dependent on his behaviour over the next few years, a suspended sentence can be activated), he will have serious restrictions on his life choices, for, well, life.
                          Again, he's not living in Ireland. what punishment is he facing?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                            I'm not sure that article really sold it though, except for drone practice.
                            It would sell it to the type of people who believe a caravan park in brittas bay is an aspirational life goal because it's behind some gates.

Comment

It would sell it to the type of people who believe a caravan park in brittas bay is an aspirational life goal because it's behind some gates.
                              caravans, gates, dodgy finances - Waterford Whispers will be linking this to Pavee Point before we know where we are

Comment

Dubs basically.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                  South Dubs basically.
                                  FTFY.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Holy smokes!

Creator - David Simon
                                      Channel - HBO
                                      Cast -Oscar Issac, Winona Ryder, Catherine Keener, James Belushi,Alfred Molina

From creator David Simon (“Treme,” “The Wire”) and director Paul Haggis (Crash), and based on the nonfiction book of the same name by Lisa Belkin, this six-part miniseries explores notions of home, race and community through the lives of elected officials, bureaucrats, activists and ordinary citizens in Yonkers, NY
                                      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr
                                      Last edited by Opr; 14-07-15, 15:54.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                        So if I got you super drunk and you passed out, had my wicked way with you, redressed you and so long as when you wake up I dont tell you thats all good?

Crazy to differentiate but an awesome precident for harmless or just a great laugh date rapists
                                        Is it OK if I empty your bank account until you notice?
                                        In no case is Rape ever ok. The point is that there is no 'standard' sentence for it, or most other crimes, rather there are many factors taken into consideration.

In most cases of Rape, what makes it so heinous, and thus deserving of strict penalty, are elements like terror, threat of violence or actual violence etc... None of those was present in this case.

I mentioned the offenders register because it isn't accurate to present this case as one in which the perpetrator 'got away' completely, or at all. His actions will result in widespread restrictions for the rest of his life.

Comment

Indeed martial rape is illegal but if your girlfriend has medicated herself into a deep sleep that is fine.

Kayroo might fill us in on the whys but him admitting he did it seems like more than enough grounds for a prosecution.
                                          He was prosecuted. And found guilty.

It is the sentence he received that is causing the controversy.

Comment

He was prosecuted. And found guilty.

It is the sentence he received that is causing the controversy.
                                            the judge said he imposed a suspended sentence because there was no evidence outside him incriminating himself and that if he had not there would be no grounds for a case.

Comment

Thought this article in the IT at the weekend was interesting. While what happened to her was horrible and inexcusable obviously, I think some of the views expressed were alarmingly naive. There is plenty of places in cities where it would be stupid to walk alone as a male let alone a female. Any bit of commonsense in relation to stuff like this tends to get shouted down as ' victim blaming'
                                              Last month, as I left a club to walk home, I was attacked by a man I had never seen before. I am meant to be afraid. But I will not be limited by the daily threat of assault

I will not tell girls not to walk alone. I will not tell them to be careful, to live defensively and travel only in herds. This is no answer, only kindling to a fire of fear, lit in the first stages of adolescence and fuelled by the diesel of vulture-like news reports of violence against females. The power of masculinity relies on control and discipline of the body in public and private spaces.

Comment

A1 trolling

Comment

the judge said he imposed a suspended sentence because there was no evidence outside him incriminating himself and that if he had not there would be no grounds for a case.
                                                  "The only evidence is your confession, I move to dismiss"

Comment

To think we could have been shot of them all. Fucking protest voting morons

Comment

You seem confused between 'suspended sentence' and 'prosecuted'. He was prosecuted, and actually pled guilty. A sentence (7 years i think) was imposed, but was suspended for a variety of reasons.

And while the Judge said rougly what you indicate, he also listed other reasons for suspending the sentence, including psychiatric reports indicating low chance of re-offending (and if he did the seven year sentence automatically activates), seperate reports on the extent of damage to the victim, that he plead guilty and in fact 'provided' most of the evidence himself etc....

There is no argument that what he did was wrong, legally and morally. As said already, the process of prosecution is entirely different from the process of sentencing. This was an unusual case.

Comment

Lplated is spot on here. Not saying I agree with the sentence but I also don't know all the facts. Without knowing all the facts I can't really comment other than a general comment that this is a completely unique case. Won't be precedent for anything
                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

You seem confused between 'suspended sentence' and 'prosecuted'. He was prosecuted, and actually pled guilty. A sentence (7 years i think) was imposed, but was suspended for a variety of reasons.

And while the Judge said rougly what you indicate, he also listed other reasons for suspending the sentence, including psychiatric reports indicating low chance of re-offending (and if he did the seven year sentence automatically activates), seperate reports on the extent of damage to the victim, that he plead guilty and in fact 'provided' most of the evidence himself etc....

There is no argument that what he did was wrong, legally and morally. As said already, the process of prosecution is entirely different from the process of sentencing. This was an unusual case.
                                                          I do of course understand the difference between the 2. what I fail to see is the difference between this and date rape.

Neither are necessarily physical so I don't see why one would deserve a suspended sentence and the other custodial.

Both involve an incapacitated victim - she was on prescription meds and a lack of consent.

Comment

Rape is a bit heavy lads.

This is more craic

Female motorist ploughs into back of van while using Rampant Rabbit

Say the video will be out and about at some stage.

Comment

Rape is a bit heavy lads.

This is more craic

Female motorist ploughs into back of van while using Rampant Rabbit

Say the video will be out and about at some stage.
                                                              She'll be liable for any damage to your man's van, but she should be able to claim off the dildo for ploughing into her.
                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

apple for tea
                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Sounds like something Satnav would do.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                    No chance Sat Nav would have an apple for tea
                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                      Many syns in an apple?

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                        She gave up the oul syns.

Comment

Our brains are a synergy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                            couldn't help but notice this when I clicked the link.

Comment

Uncle Ben's for tea.

Why is it when you're lazy you have to sacrifice quality and flavour? Well I do anyway, if I don't cook something nice or haven't planned well my options are, well shit. Better put, my local Spar's offerings are shit.

It's bubbling away, a Szechuan Chilli Chicken whose original concocter is most likely named Bernie or Anto, not Zhang or Xiuying. I'm not holding out much hope, but hey, it's given me more time to shite on about it here.

Comment

uncle ben was my uncle, catch yourself on

Comment

...
                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                    @Bubbleking if you see this at some point. Why did you choose to stay in Ireland to be a doctor given the dodginess of the Irish healthcare system and treatment of junior doctors? Just curious as to what the other factors are.
                                                                                    I have to do my intern year here dunno what I'll do after

Comment

Paddy's day these days just seems to be a day for drunken scummy late teens.

Haven't enjoyed it since I was a teenager.

dats de joke

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                        uncle ben was my uncle, catch yourself on
                                                                                        I'm working with a dude from Mauritius who has a cousin called Vinay, and he's really close to him, he's in Ireland too, always talking about him. Thing is, he pronounces it 'Vinnie', he always has a confused look when we laugh at him saying 'My cousin Vinnie'. Deadly buzz.

Comment

PLUTO

SPOILER

Comment

Bad news CHD, someone has stolen your thunder . Passed a van on the way home with this logo on the side .

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

I'm a bit torn on this one. I love the Beach Boys and Brian Wilson is an absolute legend. Met him years ago at a special screening of Beautiful Dreamer: Brian Wilson and the Story of Smile. Poor fella was on stage doing a Q&A afterwards and they had such strong lights on him with the audience in almost darkness, he couldn't actually see who was asking questions. Not the best idea for somebody who hears voices in his head

Anyway, this is showing in IFI and Lighthouse which would normally hint that it's not shite Hollywood tripe but a lot of the trailer just looks like it's a bit ham fisted, over lit, Hollywoody schmoozefest?

Anybody seen it yet?

Subscribe to TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/sxaw6hSubscribe to COMING SOON: http://bit.ly/H2vZUnLike us on FACEBOOK: http://goo.gl/dHs73Follow us on TWITTER: http:/...

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                                Bad news CHD, someone has stolen your thunder . Passed a van on the way home with this logo on the side .

http://imgur.com/witV9zy
                                                                                                Have pm'd Kayroo, ta m8.

Comment

IMG-20150714-WA0009.jpg
                                                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

couldn't help but notice this when I clicked the link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...15ft-road.html
                                                                                                    poor kitty
                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Not the best, not the worst figures from IW.

Great timing for Murphy, he can get off the Syriza fail quickly and get back to burning bills.

43% of households paid, 46% of €€€ paid up for the first bills thus far.

Comment

true detective latest
                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                        I'm calling it,load of bollocks,all over the place, Vincent Vaughan and that really annoying actress from Calvary absolutely stinking it up. Shootout just about gets me onboard for next week I suppose

Comment

Not the best, not the worst figures from IW.

Great timing for Murphy, he can get off the Syriza fail quickly and get back to burning bills.

43% of households paid, 46% of €€€ paid up for the first bills thus far.
                                                                                                          Yup, that's the way it was reported here http://www.newstalk.com/Irish-Water-...paying-charges
                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                            Is it an old age thing, when you decide to sacrifice the 15 minutes you have habitually used for a morning wank, and choose to use that time to make scrambled eggs? And are also certain that those eggs will give you more pleasure?
                                                                                                            Woke up 15 minutes earlier than usual. Feel like I had my cake and ate it
                                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                              true detective latest
                                                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                                                              I'm calling it,load of bollocks,all over the place, Vincent Vaughan and that really annoying actress from Calvary absolutely stinking it up. Shootout just about gets me onboard for next week I suppose

Useful page for trying to figure out what's going on.

Comment

I stopped watching TD; should I go back?

Comment

The last ten minutes of Ep 4 are pretty fucking spectacular. More than enough to keep me watching anyway.
                                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Maybe, last episode drew me back in a bit. Still a bit messy but worth watching for now
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

We've seen some bonkers football tattoos in our time - but this one might well just top the lot

Comment

Liverpool fan levels of lol

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                          Liverpool fan levels of lol
                                                                                                                          Do me an aviator if your bored m8...
                                                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X