Yeah I'm obviously not placing that bet but after I said it I was thinking fuck I'll have to put a fiver on it
      I think I probably should as well after my comment.

What do we think of the rape during sleep sentence? Difficult to comment without knowing the full details.

Wouldn't it be great if you owned a glorified mobile home in Wicklow, or, indeed, owned a glorified mobile home park in Wicklow, that every time you needed to sell, or even every time the receivers were close to taking over, you managed to get a puff piece written in a large selling sunday newspaper extolling it's value?

What do we think of the rape during sleep sentence? Difficult to comment without knowing the full details.
            He raped her, he admits he raped her, guy should be doing hard time.

Indeed martial rape is illegal but if your girlfriend has medicated herself into a deep sleep that is fine.

Kayroo might fill us in on the whys but him admitting he did it seems like more than enough grounds for a prosecution.

Surely NSFW tags would have been applicable? I've a burger boner now.
                #soznotsoz

Far be it from me to criticise but if you are going to go that far either season and flavour the mince (the right mix of herbs, salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, ketchup, chilli, breadcrumbs, egg etc. to taste) or else don't bother mincing the meat at all and just use strips of steak.
                9/10 for the rest, the point is dropped for putting ketchup on top of the egg!
                It is seasoned with salt & pepper before being made into a patty. I don't use breadcrumbs or egg in my burgers, they are just filler for me. All you need is beef. I'm also not mad about lot of herbs and spices, I prefer to just let the meat speak for itself if you know what I mean

I'll give it 9/10 also. One point docked for not grating the cheese.
                Or at least slightly less of a big massive lump of cheese in it!
                Tough crowd The chesse slices do look a little think alright but by the time I wolfed it down, it had pretty much all started to melt as it's sandwiched between the hot bacon and the burger

Each case is different, with its own unique factors, which is why sentencing is a seperate process to finding somebody guilty.

Here, she wasn't even aware of the crime until he told her.

Because it was a finding of rape, he will go on the sex offenders list for life (afaik). This will affect his ability to apply for a huge number of jobs (public and private sector), also to involve himself in anything to do with minors (work, sport etc..). It will show up on any 'security' check done on him. It also has long term implications for his ability to travel to certain countries etc...

In short, while he mightn't see the inside of a prison (and that is dependent on his behaviour over the next few years, a suspended sentence can be activated), he will have serious restrictions on his life choices, for, well, life.

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                    Each case is different, with its own unique factors, which is why sentencing is a seperate process to finding somebody guilty.

So if I got you super drunk and you passed out, had my wicked way with you, redressed you and so long as when you wake up I dont tell you thats all good?

Crazy to differentiate but an awesome precident for harmless or just a great laugh date rapists

Wouldn't it be great if you owned a glorified mobile home in Wicklow, or, indeed, owned a glorified mobile home park in Wicklow, that every time you needed to sell, or even every time the receivers were close to taking over, you managed to get a puff piece written in a large selling sunday newspaper extolling it's value?
                      I'm not sure that article really sold it though, except for drone practice.

Happy Birthday McGoat

Is it OK if I empty your bank account until you notice?

Because it was a finding of rape, he will go on the sex offenders list for life (afaik). This will affect his ability to apply for a huge number of jobs (public and private sector), also to involve himself in anything to do with minors (work, sport etc..). It will show up on any 'security' check done on him. It also has long term implications for his ability to travel to certain countries etc...
                          He's already back living in Norway and it's unknown if he is on any list over there.
                          In short, while he mightn't see the inside of a prison (and that is dependent on his behaviour over the next few years, a suspended sentence can be activated), he will have serious restrictions on his life choices, for, well, life.
                          Again, he's not living in Ireland. what punishment is he facing?

I'm not sure that article really sold it though, except for drone practice.
                            It would sell it to the type of people who believe a caravan park in brittas bay is an aspirational life goal because it's behind some gates.

caravans, gates, dodgy finances - Waterford Whispers will be linking this to Pavee Point before we know where we are

Dubs basically.

South Dubs basically.
                                  FTFY.

Holy smokes!

Creator - David Simon
                                      Channel - HBO
                                      Cast -Oscar Issac, Winona Ryder, Catherine Keener, James Belushi,Alfred Molina

From creator David Simon (“Treme,” “The Wire”) and director Paul Haggis (Crash), and based on the nonfiction book of the same name by Lisa Belkin, this six-part miniseries explores notions of home, race and community through the lives of elected officials, bureaucrats, activists and ordinary citizens in Yonkers, NY

Last edited by Opr; 14-07-15, 15:54.

So if I got you super drunk and you passed out, had my wicked way with you, redressed you and so long as when you wake up I dont tell you thats all good?

Crazy to differentiate but an awesome precident for harmless or just a great laugh date rapists
                                        Is it OK if I empty your bank account until you notice?
                                        In no case is Rape ever ok. The point is that there is no 'standard' sentence for it, or most other crimes, rather there are many factors taken into consideration.

In most cases of Rape, what makes it so heinous, and thus deserving of strict penalty, are elements like terror, threat of violence or actual violence etc... None of those was present in this case.

I mentioned the offenders register because it isn't accurate to present this case as one in which the perpetrator 'got away' completely, or at all. His actions will result in widespread restrictions for the rest of his life.

Indeed martial rape is illegal but if your girlfriend has medicated herself into a deep sleep that is fine.

Kayroo might fill us in on the whys but him admitting he did it seems like more than enough grounds for a prosecution.
                                          He was prosecuted. And found guilty.

It is the sentence he received that is causing the controversy.

He was prosecuted. And found guilty.

It is the sentence he received that is causing the controversy.
                                            the judge said he imposed a suspended sentence because there was no evidence outside him incriminating himself and that if he had not there would be no grounds for a case.

Thought this article in the IT at the weekend was interesting. While what happened to her was horrible and inexcusable obviously, I think some of the views expressed were alarmingly naive. There is plenty of places in cities where it would be stupid to walk alone as a male let alone a female. Any bit of commonsense in relation to stuff like this tends to get shouted down as ' victim blaming'
                                              Last month, as I left a club to walk home, I was attacked by a man I had never seen before. I am meant to be afraid. But I will not be limited by the daily threat of assault

I will not tell girls not to walk alone. I will not tell them to be careful, to live defensively and travel only in herds. This is no answer, only kindling to a fire of fear, lit in the first stages of adolescence and fuelled by the diesel of vulture-like news reports of violence against females. The power of masculinity relies on control and discipline of the body in public and private spaces.

A1 trolling

the judge said he imposed a suspended sentence because there was no evidence outside him incriminating himself and that if he had not there would be no grounds for a case.
                                                  "The only evidence is your confession, I move to dismiss"

To think we could have been shot of them all. Fucking protest voting morons

You seem confused between 'suspended sentence' and 'prosecuted'. He was prosecuted, and actually pled guilty. A sentence (7 years i think) was imposed, but was suspended for a variety of reasons.

And while the Judge said rougly what you indicate, he also listed other reasons for suspending the sentence, including psychiatric reports indicating low chance of re-offending (and if he did the seven year sentence automatically activates), seperate reports on the extent of damage to the victim, that he plead guilty and in fact 'provided' most of the evidence himself etc....

There is no argument that what he did was wrong, legally and morally. As said already, the process of prosecution is entirely different from the process of sentencing. This was an unusual case.

Lplated is spot on here. Not saying I agree with the sentence but I also don't know all the facts. Without knowing all the facts I can't really comment other than a general comment that this is a completely unique case. Won't be precedent for anything

You seem confused between 'suspended sentence' and 'prosecuted'. He was prosecuted, and actually pled guilty. A sentence (7 years i think) was imposed, but was suspended for a variety of reasons.

And while the Judge said rougly what you indicate, he also listed other reasons for suspending the sentence, including psychiatric reports indicating low chance of re-offending (and if he did the seven year sentence automatically activates), seperate reports on the extent of damage to the victim, that he plead guilty and in fact 'provided' most of the evidence himself etc....

There is no argument that what he did was wrong, legally and morally. As said already, the process of prosecution is entirely different from the process of sentencing. This was an unusual case.
                                                          I do of course understand the difference between the 2. what I fail to see is the difference between this and date rape.

Neither are necessarily physical so I don't see why one would deserve a suspended sentence and the other custodial.

Both involve an incapacitated victim - she was on prescription meds and a lack of consent.

Rape is a bit heavy lads.

This is more craic

Female motorist ploughs into back of van while using Rampant Rabbit

Say the video will be out and about at some stage.

Rape is a bit heavy lads.

This is more craic

Female motorist ploughs into back of van while using Rampant Rabbit

Say the video will be out and about at some stage.
                                                              She'll be liable for any damage to your man's van, but she should be able to claim off the dildo for ploughing into her.

apple for tea

Sounds like something Satnav would do.

No chance Sat Nav would have an apple for tea

Many syns in an apple?

She gave up the oul syns.

Our brains are a synergy.

couldn't help but notice this when I clicked the link.

Uncle Ben's for tea.

Why is it when you're lazy you have to sacrifice quality and flavour? Well I do anyway, if I don't cook something nice or haven't planned well my options are, well shit. Better put, my local Spar's offerings are shit.

It's bubbling away, a Szechuan Chilli Chicken whose original concocter is most likely named Bernie or Anto, not Zhang or Xiuying. I'm not holding out much hope, but hey, it's given me more time to shite on about it here.

uncle ben was my uncle, catch yourself on

@Bubbleking if you see this at some point. Why did you choose to stay in Ireland to be a doctor given the dodginess of the Irish healthcare system and treatment of junior doctors? Just curious as to what the other factors are.
                                                                                    I have to do my intern year here dunno what I'll do after

Paddy's day these days just seems to be a day for drunken scummy late teens.

Haven't enjoyed it since I was a teenager.

dats de joke

uncle ben was my uncle, catch yourself on
                                                                                        I'm working with a dude from Mauritius who has a cousin called Vinay, and he's really close to him, he's in Ireland too, always talking about him. Thing is, he pronounces it 'Vinnie', he always has a confused look when we laugh at him saying 'My cousin Vinnie'. Deadly buzz.

PLUTO

Bad news CHD, someone has stolen your thunder . Passed a van on the way home with this logo on the side .

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

I'm a bit torn on this one. I love the Beach Boys and Brian Wilson is an absolute legend. Met him years ago at a special screening of Beautiful Dreamer: Brian Wilson and the Story of Smile. Poor fella was on stage doing a Q&A afterwards and they had such strong lights on him with the audience in almost darkness, he couldn't actually see who was asking questions. Not the best idea for somebody who hears voices in his head

Anyway, this is showing in IFI and Lighthouse which would normally hint that it's not shite Hollywood tripe but a lot of the trailer just looks like it's a bit ham fisted, over lit, Hollywoody schmoozefest?

Anybody seen it yet?

Subscribe to TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/sxaw6hSubscribe to COMING SOON: http://bit.ly/H2vZUnLike us on FACEBOOK: http://goo.gl/dHs73Follow us on TWITTER: http:/...

Bad news CHD, someone has stolen your thunder . Passed a van on the way home with this logo on the side .

http://imgur.com/witV9zy
                                                                                                Have pm'd Kayroo, ta m8.

IMG-20150714-WA0009.jpg

couldn't help but notice this when I clicked the link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...15ft-road.html
                                                                                                    poor kitty

Not the best, not the worst figures from IW.

Great timing for Murphy, he can get off the Syriza fail quickly and get back to burning bills.

43% of households paid, 46% of €€€ paid up for the first bills thus far.

true detective latest
                                                                                                        I'm calling it,load of bollocks,all over the place, Vincent Vaughan and that really annoying actress from Calvary absolutely stinking it up. Shootout just about gets me onboard for next week I suppose

Not the best, not the worst figures from IW.

Great timing for Murphy, he can get off the Syriza fail quickly and get back to burning bills.

43% of households paid, 46% of €€€ paid up for the first bills thus far.
                                                                                                          Yup, that's the way it was reported here http://www.newstalk.com/Irish-Water-...paying-charges

Is it an old age thing, when you decide to sacrifice the 15 minutes you have habitually used for a morning wank, and choose to use that time to make scrambled eggs? And are also certain that those eggs will give you more pleasure?
                                                                                                            Woke up 15 minutes earlier than usual. Feel like I had my cake and ate it

true detective latest
                                                                                                              I'm calling it,load of bollocks,all over the place, Vincent Vaughan and that really annoying actress from Calvary absolutely stinking it up. Shootout just about gets me onboard for next week I suppose

Useful page for trying to figure out what's going on.

I stopped watching TD; should I go back?

The last ten minutes of Ep 4 are pretty fucking spectacular. More than enough to keep me watching anyway.

Maybe, last episode drew me back in a bit. Still a bit messy but worth watching for now

We've seen some bonkers football tattoos in our time - but this one might well just top the lot

Liverpool fan levels of lol

Do me an aviator if your bored m8...