Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

true detective s2 could go either way at this stage. Vincent Vaughan is the weak link

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
      Been looking forward to it. Did you see it in cinema or have the cousins a good copy yet
      Cinema, I don't think it is available online yet. I was never particularly a fan but always appreciated she had a ridiculously good voice. I've been listening to Back to Black since seeing it and it's a great album. It is weird the way your own preconceived ideas about someone you have never met subconsciously feeds into how you view their work. I had never really given her music a proper listen before.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
        true detective s2 could go either way at this stage. Vincent Vaughan is the weak link
        Ya he is not remotely believable. If it was called something else I would have given up on it by now but I will stick it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
          Cinema, I don't think it is available online yet. I was never particularly a fan but always appreciated she had a ridiculously good voice. I've been listening to Back to Black since seeing it and it's a great album. It is weird the way your own preconceived ideas about someone you have never met subconsciously feeds into how you view their work. I had never really given her music a proper listen before.

Opr
          How badly do they stitch her dad up in it? Always thought he was a bit over eager dealing with the media

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
            How badly do they stitch her dad up in it? Always thought he was a bit over eager dealing with the media
            The whole family come out of it badly especially her Dad. He seemed like a bit of fame hungry cunt. The family have completely distanced themselves from it since its release. I was watching an interview with the Dad who says it is a bit of hatchet job. They did have some kind of input into it as three different cuts were made before the final release which I believe the family were involved in. Hard to know in these things what is fact and fiction. I was never really close to her story when it was unfolding as I never had much interest in her. While I knew the basics of her story, most of it is all stuff I am hearing/seeing for the first time.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
              The guy who made Senna has a new documentary out about Amy Winehouse. A very well made doc which is absorbing, moving and ultimately very sad film about her life and death.

Subscribe to TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/sxaw6hSubscribe to COMING SOON: http://bit.ly/H2vZUnSubscribe to INDIE TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/1F9OK9bLike us on FACEBOO...

Opr
              Went to see this last night. Found it highly enjoyable and would recommend. Was never any kind of a fan of hers before, went a long with herself and wasn't expecting much. Been listening to her all day too.

Really enjoy this one.

Tony Bennett performing Body and Soul with Amy Winehouse from Duets II: The Great PerformancesListen to Tony Bennett: https://TonyBennett.lnk.to/listenYDSubs...

Comment

True Detective

SPOILER
                I gave up hope for this season halfway through episode 2. Will wait til episode 4 and watch again. Will probably give up halfway through episode 2 again. Might be a victim of success. Might be a slow starter. More than likely it's going to be shit.

Comment

Glad they are on the mend.

Absenteeism and sick leave in the public service have fallen significantly since sick leave entitlements were effectively halved last year, according to the latest statistics from the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform.

The total cost of public service sick leave for 2014 was €319.3m, down €51.5m or almost 14% from the 2013 figure.

The average rate of public service sick leave has fallen from 4.3% in 2013 to 4%. The average public servant was out sick for 8.7 days in 2014, down from 9 and a half days in 2013.

According to the department, the reduction in sick leave meant that public servants worked an additional 260,000 days in 2014 compared to the previous year.

It notes that the new rules were only in place for nine months of the 2014 calendar year.

They apply to the civil service, health, local authority, justice and defence sectors, and were extended to the education sector last September.

However, they do not include the judiciary, members of the Defence Forces, or the staff of the Central Bank.

The new scheme introduced on 31 March last year cut the level of paid leave from six months on full pay and six months on half pay to three months on full pay and three months on half pay - though the old entitlements apply to critical illnesses.

Within the Civil Service, the average absenteeism rate was 10.1 days per employee.

The highest average absenteeism rates were in shared services (13.9 days), the Department of Children and Youth Affairs (13.2 days) and the Department of Social Protection (12.9 days).

The lowest rates of 1.6 days were in the Law Reform Commission and the Ombudsman for Children's Office.
                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

9 days seems insane? I remember being in the post office one day and the supervisor asked one of the staff had he taken his sick days yet, as if they were holidays. Wonder what the private sector numbers are. Have never taken a sick day, should really take one and hit the beach so.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                        9 days seems insane? I remember being in the post office one day and the supervisor asked one of the staff had he taken his sick days yet, as if they were holidays. Wonder what the private sector numbers are. Have never taken a sick day, should really take one and hit the beach so.
                        Don't get paid for my first sick day. Cnts
                        airport, lol

Comment

Jesus I barely take 10 days off in the year, nevermind 10 sick days!

Comment

Used to get 7, only get 4 now.

Had to squeeze 1 in on the 29th of June or lose it.

Have 2 now until the Xmas leave kicks in on the 20th of December.

Do none of you have Force Majeur days?

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post

So what everyone just uses their sick and force majeur days regardless?
                              airport, lol

Comment

So what, you had to be sick on the 29th June? Sounds farcical to me.

Comment

I've had less than ten days off sick over the last ten years.
                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

So what everyone just uses their sick and force majeur days regardless?
                                    Use the sick days, the Force Majeur only in an emergency.
                                    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1998/...0/sec0013.html

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                      I've had less than ten days off sick over the last ten years.
                                      Haven't been sick myself in the last 5 anyway. Would only be fucking over my colleagues taking them for sake of it, not that I think I'd do it anyway tbh.
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Even if you're not sick?

Comment

Do you physically ring in sick or is there a culture of using them as holidays whereby you book them off?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                            Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                            I love how their average is more that I've taken in my life. I did take 5 last year, that was the first time I've ever taken any. What are the new rules I wonder along with the new averages. Love how one department had 14 day average, like 3 working weeks a year on average.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                              What nonsense did I miss in the fitz 1-2 thread?
                                              Would be nice to see from time to time a legit thread be kept that way, just cleaned up a few off topic posts nothing crazy.
                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                Do you physically ring in sick or is there a culture of using them as holidays whereby you book them off?
                                                Yeah, you phone in before 10am if you were due to be in early, or you must give 2 hours notice if it's not an early duty. Everyone uses their entitlement.I suppose they are treated as extra holidays essentially, because if you are really sick, the doctor is free anyway.

Comment

Yeah, you phone in before 10am if you were due to be in early, or you must give 2 hours notice if it's not an early duty. Everyone uses their entitlement.I suppose they are treated as extra holidays essentially, because if you are really sick, the doctor is free anyway.
                                                  Jesus

Comment

Used to [get 7, only get 4 now.

Sick days

Are you serious?

Edit: it seems you are! That is completely insane, the case for full privatisation is made
                                                    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 07-07-15, 09:31.
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                        Wha? They are custom-and-practice extra holidays if you don't need them for being sick. Don't see how that's any sort of big deal. So rather than holiday entitlement being 24 days, or whatever, the holidays are 24+4, of which 4 may be needed for sickness and maybe not.
                                                        If they're holidays, then they're holidays.

Are they holidays or sick days?

Comment

RD3 will be choking on his brie and lunchtime wine.

Comment

Wha? They are custom-and-practice extra holidays if you don't need them for being sick. Don't see how that's any sort of big deal. So rather than holiday entitlement being 24 days, or whatever, the holidays are 24+4, of which 4 may be needed for sickness and maybe not.
                                                            But you have to ring in and say you are sick to take them
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Very strong talk that Hendry is putting in the work for a comeback.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                    I love how their average is more that I've taken in my life. I did take 5 last year, that was the first time I've ever taken any. What are the new rules I wonder along with the new averages. Love how one department had 14 day average, like 3 working weeks a year on average.
                                                                    3 months full pay, 3 months half pay in a rolling 4 year period.
                                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Comment

Comment

If it was set up as 28 days holidays, of which your first four sick days had to be taken from holiday leave, it would look very different perception wise. Which is essentially what it is.
                                                                          Yeah, it would look like they're getting six fucking weeks holidays a year.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                            3 months full pay, 3 months half pay in a rolling 4 year period.
                                                                            That wouldn't seem to curm much, oh we can only be sick for nearly one month per year?
                                                                            I'm not sure why the figures are dropping!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                              Yeah, it would look like they're getting six fucking weeks holidays a year.
                                                                              I get 8 weeks.
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

I get 8 weeks.
                                                                                I need a new job

Comment

I need a new job
                                                                                  Not quite as it seems. Includes added days for bank holidays worked etc and I can't pick them, but can swap them but yeah 8 weeks off still Isnt bad.
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

I get 5.5 weeks or so. Too little if you ask me! Don't the frenchies get loads?

Comment

I need a new job
                                                                                      He's a shift worker so it only looks stupid if you think about it stupid.
                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I get 5.5 weeks or so. Too little if you ask me! Don't the frenchies get loads?
                                                                                        They do.. RTT days to bypass the 35 hour working week rule.

I miss those.

Comment

I worked briefly in Holland and had 50 days a year.

Comment

Lighten up and chuck a sickie ye miserable feckers.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Anybody used these? I'm thinking of "investing" in cornucopia through this:
                                                                                              Ireland's leading peer-to-peer SME lender offering unsecured business loans up to €500,000 with decisions in as little as 24-hours. Apply now!

Comment

Not quite as it seems. Includes added days for bank holidays worked etc and I can't pick them, but can swap them but yeah 8 weeks off still Isnt bad.
                                                                                                8 weeks for me and I do get to choose them, bank hols get added to my leave balance. 15 sick days allowed too.

Comment

Little talk about him awhile back interesting write up on him - The Endless Fall of Suge Knight
                                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

That wouldn't seem to curm much, oh we can only be sick for nearly one month per year?
                                                                                                    I'm not sure why the figures are dropping!
                                                                                                    Well thats certified sick leave. Im not sure what the uncertified allowance is.
                                                                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Also is there some calculator for this instead of me working it out?
                                                                                                      If I lend 1k or 2k @15% and its repaid monthly for 36 months, what is the monthly?

I see Hectorjelly already invested, you work this shit out?

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                                                        Very strong talk that Hendry is putting in the work for a comeback.
                                                                                                        Seen him play recently in an exhibition, standard has dropped hugely. He has some journey to get back to competitive
                                                                                                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Have two tickets for the frames in cork this weekend for sale 60 euro for both if anyone is interested
                                                                                                          https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

12 weeks for me. The kicker though is that you have to take them even if you don't want to ('a right, but also an obligation'), which is a bit of a bollix.
                                                                                                                Troll

Comment

Hmm, sick days. The idea of tracking your entitlement in this respect and making sure not to "lose" them is slightly abhorrent, but the 'I haven't taken a minute off sick in my life!!' martyrs baffle me. Ye must be all either:

- working your dream job;
                                                                                                                  - doing something so relaxed and automatic that it's never a challenge;

And that's leaving aside the fact that the average person over a long enough time scale does get genuinely sick from time to time.

I'm human. I work a job that requires a decent level of energy and thought and I'll be honest when I say there has been two or three days over the last three years where I woke up and couldn't face it. To those who never have such thoughts I salute your robot brain.

Life is short, work really isn't that important. Keep yourself well, no need to be a hero.
                                                                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                                      Hmm, sick days. The idea of tracking your entitlement in this respect and making sure not to "lose" them is slightly abhorrent, but the 'I haven't taken a minute off sick in my life!!' martyrs baffle me. Ye must be all either:

- working your dream job;
                                                                                                                      - doing something so relaxed and automatic that it's never a challenge;

And that's leaving aside the fact that the average person over a long enough time scale does get genuinely sick from time to time.

I'm human. I work a job that requires a decent level of energy and thought and I'll be honest when I say there has been two or three days over the last three years where I woke up and couldn't face it. To those who never have such thoughts I salute your robot brain.

Life is short, work really isn't that important. Keep yourself well, no need to be a hero.
                                                                                                                      None of that is really the point. I haven't been out sick because I'm lucky enough to have not been sick. I'm not saying I drag myself In sick because I'm some sort of legend. But the idea of taking sick days which a company has agreed to pay you for in case your unlucky enough to actually be sick just because you feel entitled isn't on. And usually ends in less privileges for people who actually get sick.
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

On the face of it, the public sector sick day scheme seems strange, but surely the alternative, where employees ring in sick 'on faith' is much more exploitable and inefficient?

Different sick day quotas for different departments is just laughable though.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X