This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*hang head in shame*

Not much you can do if Mdoug and CHD are not around for the bants. I blame rigger myself tbh. Ever since he changed his name he lost his way. He need to ditch this Sir Lord Business chap and come back to the fold with his "what for tea..."

#Bringbackthe-rigger
    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
      Not sure exactly what the "wtf" refers to MrsF.
      But wanking, PC building and WiFi kettles. The degradation of the BBV has day crew all over it.
      No posts for 7 hours. Night crew took the night off.

Comment

Not sure exactly what the "wtf" refers to MrsF.
        But wanking, PC building and WiFi kettles. The degradation of the BBV has day crew all over it.
        Don't forget timing of Christmas decorations
        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I made myself a travel mug of tea this morning, as I do quite often lately, quite happily, usually.
          I sandwich getting ready, micturating, etc between the boiling and brewing of said tea.

I feel so disadvantaged now that I know my kettle hasn't got wifi, and could, nay: should.
          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
            WTF is with that response by Enda that Denny posted? So basically he is a bent cunt who gets a rap on the nuckles because he has been caught. People then wonder about the anger which is being expressed on the streets.

Opr
            What did he do that was bent
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
              I hate all kinds of rebel music and all the secterian religious bullshit that goes on sometimes but I can't see what JD has done wrong here. He's having a few jars and a sing song. Fair fucks to him imo. Big deal out of nothing.
              €380K salaried CEO really should be cleverer, as part of that salary theres an obligation to be clean in all his public life. Presumably he has commercial people regularly ringing up the likes of Harp, MoyPark and NITB looking to flog pitchside advertising and match programme pages and this won't make their job any easier.
              Also possible issues further down the line if we get Northern Ireland in a playoff for the Euros.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                Also possible issues further down the line if we get Northern Ireland in a playoff for the Euros.

LOL playoffs

Comment

@Mellor, I recall you mentioning a while back about a UFC show you would be on? Has that been aired?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    What did he do that was bent
                    People are going to make up their own minds on him but for me while strictly having done nothing wrong it all stinks and at least ethically I think he's on bad ground. Another one of these incidents which happens to just slips their mind for a long time and when uncovered they say "but it's perfectly legal", and it is...but you just kinda wonder why they were silent about it. The fact that he is now running a state company which deals with a company in which he holds shares is a conflict in my eyes. The fact he's still advising NTR while head of Ervia is a conflict.

He now says the plan all along was to donate any profit to charity which in my eyes means he knows all this. I don't though believe for a minute had Irish Water not blown up into this huge deal which put the likes of him under such scrunity that their was the slightest chance that profit was heading to charity.

Opr

Comment

What was the alternative to wiziwig again? Cheers

Comment

People are going to make up their own minds on him but for me while strictly having done nothing wrong it all stinks and at least ethically I think he's on bad ground. Another one of these incidents which happens to just slips their mind for a long time and when uncovered they say "but it's perfectly legal", and it is...but you just kinda wonder why they were silent about it. The fact that he is now running a state company which deals with a company in which he holds shares is a conflict in my eyes. The fact he's still advising NTR while head of Ervia is a conflict.

He now says the plan all along was to donate any profit to charity which in my eyes means he knows all this. I don't though believe for a minute had Irish Water not blown up into this huge deal which put the likes of him under such scrutiny that their was the slightest chance that profit was heading to charity.

Opr
                        I don't know if anyone can say he was keeping quiet about it, I'm sure this is a lad with all sorts of shareholdings. IMO there either there is or isn't a conflict of interest,. if there is he should be fired if there isn't then its just more hysteria that he's cornered into giving away his shares.

I wonder how many of the protestors also have shares in NTR, given that I believe NTR is widely held by pension funds I'd guess quite a few?

Comment

I wonder how many of the protestors also have shares in NTR, given that I believe NTR is widely held by pension funds I'd guess quite a few?
                          Apples and tampons.

Comment

Just had my first interaction with Parcel Motel....Have to say it's very good... order something of amazon prime and sent to the UK parcel motel address on Monday and got a text last night @7 pm saying my parcel was in there to collect, logged onto the website and all the info is there and a picture of the box as well. Went down to the motel this morning and entered details and there it was... 4 euro is a great price to pay for this service!!

highly recommended

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                              @Mellor, I recall you mentioning a while back about a UFC show you would be on? Has that been aired?
                              It's airing early next year. Not entirely sure if it'll be avail in Ireland though, potentially.

Comment

It's airing early next year. Not entirely sure if it'll be avail in Ireland though, potentially.
                                Cool, how was it? Not sure if you said anything about it on here that I may have missed.

Comment

Anyone know a plumber who could do a job this afternoon. Dublin north side.

Comment

He now says the plan all along was to donate any profit to charity which in my eyes means he knows all this. I don't though believe for a minute had Irish Water not blown up into this huge deal which put the likes of him under such scrunity that their was the slightest chance that profit was heading to charity.

Opr
                                    He didn't hide it, he declared it

Comment

Uber are a horribly shady company with dodgy business practices. And now their drivers will have to deal with drunk passengers shitty music choices.
                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                        Anyone know a plumber who could do a job this afternoon. Dublin north side.
                                        IPB Plumber

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                          IPB Plumber
                                          You need to shine his symbol into the sky. And its plumberpoker
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                            Class. Went way out of season so there wasn't an awful lot of people there. Which was great, because on holidays, I hate other people.

Did a lot of sitting by the pool/beach drinking Bintangs/Mojitos and reading.

30degrees minimum most days. Sat in a beach hut during a thunderstorm which was pretty great. Always thought snorkelling was bound to be gash, but that's just cause the concept of thousands of fish 20 inches below the surface is so foreign to us. Did that and got burnt to fuck though.
                                            Swam alongside a turtle for a bit which was amazing enough.

Hung out at the active Volcano, went to a load of Hindu temples (my ignorance was astounding).

Only one semi-incident, which was a guy trying to pull my phone from my pocket while offering me amphetamines. He was rubbish at it though, so just told him to fuck off and he pottered off.

It was my birthday when I was there, my girlfriend told the hotel, and 3 random guys came into my room while I was half naked, sang happy birthday to me, gave me a cake and wished me happy birthday and shook my hands. Was truly bizarre but hilarious.

Ate some great stuff.

The pace of life over there was spectacularly perfect for a holiday. If you had to work there, after years of living in Dublin/London/Any City, you'd probably go mental because there is no concept of hurrying or rushing.

Highly recommending the winter holidays now. Why do we leave our home when the weather is decent for a change? Why not do it when the weather is shite and there's 30+ available elsewhere.

Also, for anyone who's spent any time in "The East", why on earth have we not adopted the Bum Gun? It's a far, far, far better system surely? From a hygiene & eco perspective in any case. If you got dog shit on your arm, would wiping it with a piece of kitchen roll suffice in cleaning it off? Fuck no.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

http://imgur.com/lqyzxu8
                                            Indonesia is awesome. Did you get a chance to go Flores?

1 of favourite places/islands in the world. I got to see Kimodo Dragons, Bajawa I also got to visit the cave where The Hobbit/Homo Floresiensis was discovered. (To be fair it was just a cave but I still loved the idea I was in the same place that this possible different species stayed and died in.) Finally sunrise at Kelimutu which had 1 of the most stunning sunrises and views I have ever come across.

It's a shame most people only go to Bali and nowhere else. The country has so much to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                              Cool, how was it? Not sure if you said anything about it on here that I may have missed.
                                              Great experience all up. A tough 5 months training. I kept a fairly detailed account of it in my train log.
                                              I'm more or less continuing where the show left off. So hopefully it's a to be continued story.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                              Last edited by Mellor; 26-11-14, 13:37.

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                Indonesia is awesome. Did you get a chance to go Flores?

1 of favourite places/islands in the world. I got to see Kimodo Dragons, Bajawa I also got to visit the cave where The Hobbit/Homo Floresiensis was discovered. (To be fair it was just a cave but I still loved the idea I was in the same place that this possible different species stayed and died in.) Finally sunrise at Kelimutu which had 1 of the most stunning sunrises and views I have ever come across.

It's a shame most people only go to Bali and nowhere else. The country has so much to offer.
                                                We didn't head to Flores no, spent 5 nights in Bali, then 6 nights on the Gili Islands before heading back to Bali for 3 more nights. Wanted to do a Komodo boat trip but we ran out of days. I'm also an absolute nightmare of a traveller, I hate sightseeing and much rather spending time with locals over other travellers/tourists or just on my own chilling out and resetting.

I'm aiming to go back at some stage, have been thinking about jobs out in Singapore so would only be a short hop instead of a massive trek to get out there.

--

Aside, I watched this film on the way back and it was great

Here's the official UK trailer to drama/adventure film 'The Kings Of Summer' directed by Jordan Vogt-Roberts. Where three teenage friends, Joe, Patrick, and ...

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                  Fuck Me.

Homeland just got good again.
                                                  It's been good all season imo
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                    He didn't hide it, he declared it
                                                    I'm aware that Enda has pointed out that everything is above board from a legal perspective. I would expect nothing less. The best hiding is done in plain sight. In my eyes he should have gone above and beyond his duty to make people aware of his share interest. He should make sure himself he doesn't have the conflict in the first place and shouldn't need for someone to tell him this. He shouldn't be sitting on the advisory board and I don't care what capacity it's now claimed it's within.

I really do feel like the abdicating of blame from him while making him out to be some lamb to the slaughter comes across like views born out of entrenched ideas which you won't stray from. Surely anyone with any kind of moral compass can see that the whole thing at least looks shady. As I have pointed out he's well aware of that with his back tracking about always intending the profit for charity. If you think that him doing everything that's required in law is his duty done then we have differing lenses of perspective.

Maybe in many respects that is aspirational nonsense but in this particular case given in general what Irish water now represents in Irish politics he was if nothing else a complete fool to leave this smoking gun for someone to finally run a story about. No matter how you feel about it legally/ethically, it was clear as day how it would look to the public.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                      +1. really enjoying this season.

Comment

I don't know if anyone can say he was keeping quiet about it, I'm sure this is a lad with all sorts of shareholdings. IMO there either there is or isn't a conflict of interest,. if there is he should be fired if there isn't then its just more hysteria that he's cornered into giving away his shares.

would ya ever get the fuck...
                                                        €1million worth of shares in the company he used to be CEO of, I'm sure he wasnt aware of it
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                          Uber are a horribly shady company with dodgy business practices. And now their drivers will have to deal with drunk passengers shitty music choices.
                                                          One of my taxi drivers today, sigh multiple taxis, used to be on uber, he hated it. Bad deal for the drivers it seems. 20% charge, lower fees, lower start off rate etc. Not many uber drivers so you may be waiting ages and so on.

He moved to Hailo now, dearer for the consumer but better for him. i'd say uber is jsut going to try and win on the price but atm there are so many mroe hailo drivers it has to be used for me.

Comment

Surely anyone with any kind of moral compass can see that the whole thing at least looks shady.
                                                            Things are moral or immoral regardless of how shady they appear to people looking on.

would ya ever get the fuck...
                                                            €1million worth of shares in the company he used to be CEO of, I'm sure he wasnt aware of it
                                                            Am I missing something here?
                                                            I don't know what the rules are but I'd assume if he broke any he'd be fucked out on his ear.
                                                            Is there anyone saying that he tried at any thime to hide or cover up anything

Maybe in many respects that is aspirational nonsense but in this particular case given in general what Irish water now represents in Irish politics he was if nothing else a complete fool to leave this smoking gun for someone to finally run a story about. No matter how you feel about it legally/ethically, it was clear as day how it would look to the public.

Opr
                                                            Like so much in this clusterfuck the optics are arseways. If he'd started unloading shares when the deal was in the offing or when the hysteria broke out then it would have looked an awful lot worse and he would be in much deeper trouble.
                                                            Again I don't know the rules but either he is allowed hold shares in NTR or he is not. If there is a conflict of interest surely the time to deal with it was when he joined Irish Gas.

Comment

Things are moral or immoral regardless of how shady they appear to people looking on.
                                                              How are you judging that? Who decides the morality of something. Just because he played by the rules doesn't mean it's morally right, well at least not within my own view. It's clear this was something he could get away with but no matter what way you spin things it's wrong and any person with any kind of ethics can see that. My problem may lie more with the world than him but as I keep pointing out the fact he now says the profit was always intended for charity clearly shows even he feels ethically this was all very suspect.

Opr

Comment

Having some issues with apps on my mac, bought it 2nd hand a while ago and came with iMovie etc but in order to update an app you need the original apple id which it was downloaded from and I can't change it so had to delete it.
                                                                Any way to get it for free or any decent alternatives, I'd pay but never use it except for this one tiny thing so seems a waste.

Comment

Can any of the NFL heads in here think of a one off offer that would attract you to join a betting site?
                                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Pressure. It forces mistakes. Keep squeezing. Don't pay.
                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

How are you judging that? Who decides the morality of something. Just because he played by the rules doesn't mean it's morally right, well at least not within my own view. It's clear this was something he could get away with but no matter what way you spin things it's wrong and any person with any kind of ethics can see that. My problem may lie more with the world than him but as I keep pointing out the fact he now says the profit was always intended for charity clearly shows even he feels ethically this was all very suspect.

Opr
                                                                      Is your issue with optics or what he potentially could have gained from this?

He owns a small part of a company, that owns another company that's involved in water meters, and he worked as an advisor to the main company in a completely unrelated part of the business.

Comment

We didn't head to Flores no, spent 5 nights in Bali, then 6 nights on the Gili Islands before heading back to Bali for 3 more nights. Wanted to do a Komodo boat trip but we ran out of days. I'm also an absolute nightmare of a traveller, I hate sightseeing and much rather spending time with locals over other travellers/tourists or just on my own chilling out and resetting.
                                                                        The cool thing about Indonesia outside Bali and Java to a certain extent even the "tourist" spots are pretty off the beaten trek. To get from Gili T to Labuan Bajo in Flores I didn't bother with the tourist boat I took from memory 13 forms of transport which took around 40 hours to do. I spent a whole lot of time with locals during that journey.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                          Fuck Me.

Homeland just got good again.
                                                                          It can't be???

I'm aiming to go back at some stage, have been thinking about jobs out in Singapore so would only be a short hop instead of a massive trek to get out there.

--

Aside, I watched this film on the way back and it was great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWZwfixftlA
                                                                          Kings of Summer is magnificent.

It can't be???
                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

+1 on kings of summer. A hungover mans dream
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Didn't even realise it was back.

Comment

Interesting enough Well/AMA from a Mountjoy prison officer on boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                  Is your issue with optics or what he potentially could have gained from this?

He owns a small part of a company, that owns another company that's involved in water meters, and he worked as an advisor to the main company in a completely unrelated part of the business.
                                                                                  it seems very incestuous. I do not know enough about board membership rules and share holding restrictions but owning a substantial value of shares with a company that you now can* effect their profit line (and have a history with) seems a little off.
                                                                                  The "sure I was going to give it to charity" line makes it seem more suspicious not less.

* not saying he did, but he could

Comment

How are you judging that? Who decides the morality of something. Just because he played by the rules doesn't mean it's morally right, well at least not within my own view.

Opr
                                                                                    Obv this is a huge question and I'm firmly of the opinion that morality is relative but... come on, in the context of minor shareholdings in a related company that you have previously run surely the only moral guide at play here here is the law.

It's clear this was something he could get away with but no matter what way you spin things it's wrong and any person with any kind of ethics can see that.
                                                                                    I'm sorry but what exactly is he getting away with?

My problem may lie more with the world than him but as I keep pointing out the fact he now says the profit was always intended for charity clearly shows even he feels ethically this was all very suspect.

Opr
                                                                                    Sounds to me that he and Enda are allowing their whole policy on water to be driven by the callers to the Joe Duffy show.

Comment

it seems very incestuous.
                                                                                      Welcome to business in Ireland, this is just the reality.

Comment

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2057333310
                                                                                        Followed that. Fascinating read imo. Cleared a few myths up too.

Comment

Obv this is a huge question and I'm firmly of the opinion that morality is relative but... come on, in the context of minor shareholdings in a related company that you have previously run surely the only moral guide at play here here is the law.
                                                                                          Many of the financial wizards would have hid behind the law while they operated in massively grey areas before helping to pull down the whole thing. If people believe that morality is the law then that gives them all kinds of scope to do terrible things while sleeping soundly at night.

I have no idea what has gone on here really but my instinct is that it stinks. In his first interview he said that because his role was only advisory to NTR it means no conflict exists. Enda then further clarified it with he only advised one part of the company. So he stayed on as an advisor but didn't advise anything in his current area of employment. Pull the other one. In his new role he didn't have contact with old workmates. Pull the other one. It can be all packaged neatly in propaganda that make it look all quite innocent. Things in Ireland though rarely are as the past has shown.

Opr

Comment

Welcome to business in Ireland, this is just the reality.
                                                                                            Instead of him doing what he is legally obliged to do and publically declaring the shares, he should have been a naughty boy and put them in his wife's maiden name. That would have been a good story.
                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Pull the other one. It can be all packaged neatly in propaganda that make it look all quite innocent.
                                                                                              On the other hand, things can be packaged neatly in propaganda to make it look much more malicious than it is. The trick is to exploit the reader's ignorance of the intricacies of the subject matter. See also: Conspiracy theories.
                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                Instead of him doing what he is legally obliged to do and publically declaring the shares, he should have been a naughty boy and put them in his wife's maiden name. That would have been a good story. :tren
                                                                                                That would have been complete amateur hour. After all he did nothing wrong. I'm sure he knows all about perception in this context.

Opr

Comment

Do most shops send around these % vouchers this time every year?
                                                                                                  I can't remeber getting them previous years. Have different people forwarding every day.

For example last week I got a got 25% off M & S which I actually used for some work stuff, 30% off footlocker and 15% off Top Man.

Today I got 30% off superdry. (Pm email if anyone wants)

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                                                    The cool thing about Indonesia outside Bali and Java to a certain extent even the "tourist" spots are pretty off the beaten trek. To get from Gili T to Labuan Bajo in Flores I didn't bother with the tourist boat I took from memory 13 forms of transport which took around 40 hours to do. I spent a whole lot of time with locals during that journey.
                                                                                                    This strongly reminded me of the backpackers on Invetweeners 2.

Comment

Generally, a quiet unassuming fella just in to do his time will be left alone.
                                                                                                      That's nice to know.

Comment

They has poker tables.
                                                                                                        Do prisoners get to watch pay per view boxing matches on sky sports or is it just a myth ?

Comment

Playing poker on Boyles and I get cut off in the middle of playing.
                                                                                                          When I try to log back in I get a message saying, There is other active session for this user.
                                                                                                          Cant get onto support as can't log in.
                                                                                                          What should I do now.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                                                            Playing poker on Boyles and I get cut off in the middle of playing.
                                                                                                            When I try to log back in I get a message saying, There is other active session for this user.
                                                                                                            Cant get onto support as can't log in.
                                                                                                            What should I do now.....
                                                                                                            close client
                                                                                                            disconnect from your wifi network and reconnect, it should clear session still active on boyles side in cache
                                                                                                            reconnect
                                                                                                            open new instance of boyles.
                                                                                                            If you still have a problem, log into boylessports.com and do chat support there.

Comment

On the subject of Tattoos.

Many moons ago I got one on my first trip abroad with my now wife in Turkey.

Decided to go on a pub crawl down the main street in Kusadasi. At the end of the main street there was a tattoo parlour. She said to me there is no way I would get one and I said I would get one if she got one, thinking that there was no way she would. As a result I have a rose tattoo on my arse and my wife has a half done bramble bush on her hip as she couldn't handle the pain despite being very very drunk.
                                                                                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                good thread.

We need a few more AMA's/In The Well threads over here. Have been plenty of good ones in the past.
                                                                                                                5starpool has embargoed them.
                                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Onto Apple support for the first time ever...

#prayforme

Comment

yesssss finally got my prototype working in work just now.

If you are ever using the internet on public transport in Denmark, all me baby

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                      yesssss finally got my prototype working in work just now.

If you are ever using the internet on public transport in Denmark, all me baby
                                                                                                                      big step for the lesbian movement right there!! it's Ellen then you!!

Comment

Tech Question

My tablet and phone are still not working right since I upgraded to Lollypop. Simple things like the timer reverting to zero while timing things and apps doing crazy shit!

My problem here tonight is with my Nexus 7 2012 model. I can only use it now as an ebook reader as apps don't work at all on it. Well I did use it as an e-reader...

Tony had got me a file of books I had been looking for. I extracted it and have all the epubs sitting on my laptop and I emailed myself 3 books before the update. When I clicked on them it asked me if I wanted to open with overdrive media which I use for books from Waterstones. I had no problems at all, until now

I see the book sitting in my email and it is in epub format. I click on it and it then brings me to selecting andro zip or easy unrar lite which doesn't make sense as they are not zipped and even when you click on either program nothing happens as apps are not working.

Anyone any idea what I can do? I am gutted, I spend a lot of my free time reading and now I can't read all my ebooks

Comment

3 numbers up in lotto in PP, handy 300 quid.
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X