• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mattress Mick m8
    airport, lol

Comment

Lolmeath

Comment

Westmeath with the big heart second half. Brilliant goal to round it off.

Comment

Some craic at croker

Comment

Lol Meath.

Dublin supremacy.
            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Going for that goal was so bad! Why didn't they drop a man back when 10 points up. So so bad
              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                Mattress Mick m8
                wot bout him m8
                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

One time Kildare please!

Comment

Where the fuck did that Westmeath 2nd half performance come from? Some collapse by the royals. I'd say Bubbleking is ready to explode.

The only thing I'm worried about is that we'll celebrate the Meath win, forget about the Leinster final to be played and lose to Dublin by 15 points. No offence to Kildare but the Dublin juggernaut is not going to be stopped today.

Comment

The Dubs in the pub again ?

I had assumed Croker would have been full today ?
                      Last edited by oleras; 28-06-15, 15:04.
                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                          Where the fuck did that Westmeath 2nd half performance come from? Some collapse by the royals. I'd say Bubbleking is ready to explode.

The only thing I'm worried about is that we'll celebrate the Meath win, forget about the Leinster final to be played and lose to Dublin by 15 points. No offence to Kildare but the Dublin juggernaut is not going to be stopped today.
                          If we take the game seriously we'll lose by 15 points. Go on the beer for a few days, and it will be closer to 30.

Don't really care though - beating Meath for the first time ever in championship football was sweet, especially with such a great comeback.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                            One time Kildare please!
                            Sigh. They didn't even give us any hope to cling to. I'm happy my parents moved all those years ago now

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              My v wh worth the price of admission
                              Glad you enjoyed that one SP😀

In fairness if ye had taken half your chances...

Dublin back line are terrible apart from Cooper.

Comment

Happy out for Westmeath. We got what we deserved

Comment

Coco bongo was fucking epic.
                                  Unbelievably good
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Kildare should really focus on kicking the ball over the bar instead of trying to get Dublin players sent off.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                      Sigh. They didn't even give us any hope to cling to. I'm happy my parents moved all those years ago now
                                      Yeah disappointing alright but nothing majorly impressive about dublin can't wait to see them shit themselves against Kerry again.

Comment

Yeah disappointing alright but nothing majorly impressive about dublin can't wait to see them shit themselves against Kerry again.
                                        You'd expect this from a 12 year old

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                          You'd expect this from a 12 year old
                                          Really? You think dublin playing like this would beat Kerry? Its not hard for them to run up a score against a beaten team. It's time to take them out of croke park for Leinster games.

Comment

Really? You think dublin playing like this would beat Kerry? Its not hard for them to run up a score against a beaten team. It's time to take them out of croke park for Leinster games.
                                            shtawp. They didn't even get into first gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                              shtawp. They didn't even get into first gear.
                                              Time will tell.

Comment

Funny shit

Comment

Greek banks to stay closed for week.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post

Colm McCarthy with some doomsday analysis for all of us
                                                    Last edited by Emmet; 28-06-15, 17:20.

Comment

Enjoyed Westmeaths win today. Nice to see a county where the team actually are amateurs holding down real jobs win unlike the semi-pro fudgers of some of the big counties

Comment

Stop. It's pathetic. Dublin canter through Leinster now. Did it in 2013 too and then played the game of the decade out with Kerry. Kerry are deserved All Ireland champions and probably the best team in the country but let's not pretend they don't walk out of Munster.

Dublin barely got going and destroyed a pathetic Kildare team. Kildare are division 3 and they look it. Westmeath have some spirit but doubt it'll be anything more than the same again in 2 weeks. Championship starts proper August bank holiday weekend. Still Kerry favorites for me. Then Dubs and Donegal. Should be a fun run in.
                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

GAA ads giving rugby ads a run for their money in the po faced portentousness stakes

Comment

Cliffs on what the hell the European games are supposed to be?
                                                            Last edited by Guest; 28-06-15, 17:34.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                              Cliffs on what the hell the European games are supposed to be?
                                                              Olympic Games but just for European countries.
                                                              Bit like the PanAmerican Games, Asian Games that you may have heard referred to over the years.

Comment

Ah wait! Did Matt live up near coill dubh and go to school in clane?
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                  Olympic Games but just for European countries.
                                                                  Bit like the PanAmerican Games, Asian Games that you may have heard referred to over the years.
                                                                  Was there a pressing need for it? Athletics for example already has Olympics, world championships and European championships. Doubt it's slotting in high in the prestige stakes for many sports, don't think I'd have heard of it this week only for Katie Taylor winning

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                    Was there a pressing need for it? Athletics for example already has Olympics, world championships and European championships. Doubt it's slotting in high in the prestige stakes for many sports, don't think I'd have heard of it this week only for Katie Taylor winning
                                                                    Athletics (along with some others like swimming I think) isn't actually a part of it for basically the reasons you put forward.
                                                                    You are right that it wasn't particularly demanded that I can see.
                                                                    Also they needed the first one to be on BBC and RTE instead of BT and Setanta for it to feel important. Azerbaijan was also not an ideal host (only ones who offered though).
                                                                    The second Euro Games is in Holland in 4 years time, it may make it more relevant.

Comment

I'm quite enjoying the Baku games at the moment , loved the Irish wimmins performance in the 3 on 3 basketball, plus the badminton is always good to watch. Too much other shite on TV jmo, should be just sport and music and discovery channel type crap I'm creating a demand for whatever the fk you want to call it , i'll watch it, games .

Comment

I don't even trade bonds/equities a whole lot normally, but tomorrow feels like going to war, should be good fun.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                          Athletics (along with some others like swimming I think) isn't actually a part of it for basically the reasons you put forward.
                                                                          You are right that it wasn't particularly demanded that I can see.
                                                                          Also they needed the first one to be on BBC and RTE instead of BT and Setanta for it to feel important. Azerbaijan was also not an ideal host (only ones who offered though).
                                                                          The second Euro Games is in Holland in 4 years time, it may make it more relevant.
                                                                          They have swimming. Holland pulled out too, currently no host for 4 years time.

Comment

Comment

Ah wait! Did Matt live up near coill dubh and go to school in clane?
                                                                              You're half right. The Matt that you refer to would be my Dad's cousin, I think. There's about 6 Matt's in the family. Can get confusing at family occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                I don't even trade bonds/equities a whole lot normally, but tomorrow feels like going to war, should be good fun.
                                                                                The loony left still saying everything is A Ok too

Madness

Comment

Originally posted by DMMurray View Post
                                                                                  What does this mean in terms of the US$ exchange rate? I.e. it's currently around 1.12; does it get closer to parity, or further away?

(I freely and unashamedly admit to having no knowledge of financial matters.)
                                                                                  Bump - Can one of you financial nerds tell me which way you expect the $-euro exchange rate to go?

Comment

Originally posted by DMMurray View Post
                                                                                    Bump - Can one of you financial nerds tell me which way you expect the $-euro exchange rate to go?
                                                                                    The single currency immediately fell 1.5% to $1.101, down from $1.116 on Friday evening.

Comment

How do we profit from this?

What currency do we want to hold today/next week/next month??

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                        How do we profit from this?

What currency do we want to hold today/next week/next month??
                                                                                        Too late now, and you don't know what intervention is coming.

Comment

You're half right. The Matt that you refer to would be my Dad's cousin, I think. There's about 6 Matt's in the family. Can get confusing at family occasions.
                                                                                          Indeed I knew the family and Matt who would be in his 50's now back in the day, I think there are a few of them still around. I think I saw one of them died in the last couple of years but I think that was the father of the Matt I knew.

Comment

Indeed I knew the family and Matt who would be in his 50's now back in the day, I think there are a few of them still around. I think I saw one of them died in the last couple of years but I think that was the father of the Matt I knew.
                                                                                            Yep. You're spot on.

Comment

Over in Athens, Greece’s governing Syriza party has now issued an appeal for Greeks to attend a mass rally in Syntagma Square on Monday night to say “NO” to austerity.

Helena Smith reports
                                                                                              The radical leftists are urging Greeks to rally under the banner: “The Greek people cannot be blackmailed - cannot be terrorised. Defend Democracy.”

The appeal said:

“On the 5th of July we will say OXI (NO) to austerity. We will say OXI to the lenders’ ultimatums. We will say NO to the abolishment of democracy.

We will participate in tomorrow’s rally and send a strong message of pride, hope and dignity to Greece and Europe,”
                                                                                              Christ, its father ted schtick...'is there anything to be said for another protest march'

Comment

sure I told y'all Saturday morning

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                Expect capital controls by the end of the weekend, probably army on the streets too.
                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                  Dublin barely got going and destroyed a pathetic Kildare team. Kildare are division 3 and they look it.
                                                                                                  A bit ott, but not nearly as booorish, rude and just unpleasant as the moronic drunk Dublin 'fans' I had the misfortune of being sat in front of.

LOL at the Ignorant fools who like a majority of Dubs missed the great entertainment of the Meath Westmeath game.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                    meh, Euro banks should take a hit but apart from that I don't see much happening

Soros taking down Sterling...now that was a mad day

Comment

Just in case you were wondering; pretty much all the Greek sovereign debt has been taken up by supranationals over the last five years

Comment

Actually in terms of Irish political betting, this market might be worth a second look:

the SF line is currently 28.5

with multiple bodies being pulled out of bogs and their pals in Greece commiting hari-kari (and thus kindly exposing just how dangerous Syriza Fein's economic illiteracy is for us here), the Unders are looking pretty damn attractive

Comment

Actually in terms of Irish political betting, this market might be worth a second look:

the SF line is currently 28.5

with multiple bodies being pulled out of bogs and their pals in Greece commiting hari-kari (and thus kindly exposing just how dangerous Syriza Fein's economic illiteracy is for us here), the Unders are looking pretty damn attractive
                                                                                                          The Louth Lads have their line at 29.5.
                                                                                                          I made the definitive unders case when the line was at 33.5 a few months ago, just saying

Comment

Christ, its father ted schtick...'is there anything to be said for another protest march'
                                                                                                            It takes a special kind of reasoning to think that you can vote your creditors into offering more acceptable terms for loans.

"Listen Mr. Bank manager, we had a vote about the mortgage here on the house, and I'm afraid its not good news for ya..."

Comment

A bit ott, but not nearly as booorish, rude and just unpleasant as the moronic drunk Dublin 'fans' I had the misfortune of being sat in front of.

LOL at the Ignorant fools who like a majority of Dubs missed the great entertainment of the Meath Westmeath game.
                                                                                                              haven't seen these levels of bitterness since Cantona's Wembley winner

Comment

for those with kids, that Clara Lara spot in Wickla would be hard to beat on a nice day

kids are fucked after

Comment

Kildare were awful. Not just bad but awful. Caught most of the Meath v Westmeath game. Meath lost it through stupidity rather than lack of talent but fair play to Westmeath for not giving up.

Have to say Kildare's antics in the 2nd half were silly but the referee did neither side any favours. Way too lenient in some respects and then suddenly starts handing out cards to beat the band. There's a good team in that Kildare side but Jason Ryan can't find them
                                                                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Comment

Comment

That's the boggerist thing I've ever read.
                                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

for those with kids, that Clara Lara spot in Wickla would be hard to beat on a nice day

kids are fucked after
                                                                                                                          Does that still exist? I remember being there as a kid...seemed like a massive insurance case waiting to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X