• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dobby View Post
    What's going on in Greece?

joke obv

Burgers (and so closing the loop again)

Comment

Sheer boredom when you get Mondays off.

I'll let the grown ups talk about things now again.

Comment

Zinger Tower Burgers are nice.

But they're not actually burgers are they?

Comment

I've got limited options down here. McDonald's, bk, Supermacs and a couple of local chippers. The XL definitely winning.
          Chippers and la dee da here's a burger in a posh bun for an extra 4 quid places don't count.

Burger King, McDonalds, Supermacs, Eddie Rockets, Abrakebabra and KFC I suppose are where the options come from.

Comment

Ask him what's his favourite burger?
            A friend of mine served him in Milano's a few years back and he ordered a pizza for a starter and a pizza for a main. He eats what he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
              Chippers and la dee da here's a burger in a posh bun for an extra 4 quid places don't count.

Burger King, McDonalds, Supermacs, Eddie Rockets, Abrakebabra and KFC I suppose are where the options come from.
              Eddie Rockets can fuck off tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

People can have a favourite chicken burger but that is kind of like winning the Charity Shield. There is only a couple of options.

Beef Burger competition is the Premier League.

Comment

That's a good shout. The "big daddy" is another one in KFC.

Comment

Nah Eddie rockets, fuck that. The big tasty in Mcdonalds is good.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                      Yup, anywhere that needs to soak a burger in sauce can feck off.

Comment

RTE and BBC will have to negotiate to pick a few crumbs of Olympic coverage from Discovery who have bought exclusive pan European rights from the IOC
                        The Discovery chief executive, David Zaslav said that it would negotiate with the BBC and other broadcasters in the UK, France and Germany over potentially sub-licensing some of the rights.
                        FFS!
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                          Why are we safe, what is to stop the same thing happening here again?
                          Why did they choose us? What would happen if technology firms chose not to choose us?
                          Just imo, we're safe for now because we toed the line, transferred losses from foreign banks to Irish taxpayers, and started to cut back a bit on our overspending.

Other differences are that our State finances are largely (completely?) based on facts, that we have huge export levels (even if some of these international transactions are paper-based only), that we have corporate-friendly tax regime together with suitable pools of employees.

We could get in trouble again of course, 'restoring pay cuts' to public servants is not wise when we have effectively achieved no new efficiencies from them and their pension entitlements cost more than they income tax they will pay over most of their working lives.

'Trouble' only really comes if you can't borrow more money at a rate you can afford or cut your government spending/increase tax take to balance the books.

Comment

I've got limited options down here. McDonald's, bk, Supermacs and a couple of local chippers. The XL definitely winning.
                            Ever since the horsemeat thing when McDs were the only ones to be able to show a clear line from field (of beef ...) to kitchen, due to their 'local-sourced' policy, I've tended to restrict myself to them. Probably just being over-cautious tho.

Comment

I had one of those new McDonald's 'Big Tasty With Bacon' yesterday for the first time. It's a contender, sauce on the burger is amazing.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                RTE and BBC will have to negotiate to pick a few crumbs of Olympic coverage from Discovery who have bought exclusive pan European rights from the IOC

FFS!
                                I thought (apparently wrongly ...) that the Olympics were one of those events covered by that free-to-air legislation across the EU, i.e. that any station could air as much or as little of them as they wished.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                  dat milkshake tho
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                    We could get in trouble again of course, 'restoring pay cuts' to public servants is not wise when we have effectively achieved no new efficiencies from them and their pension entitlements cost more than they income tax they will pay over most of their working lives.
                                    At the current cost of a public service pension you probably wouldnt want one! The only benefit is the DB nature of them but right now you pay an awful lot for that privilege.
                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Ever since the horsemeat thing when McDs were the only ones to be able to show a clear line from field (of beef ...) to kitchen, due to their 'local-sourced' policy, I've tended to restrict myself to them. Probably just being over-cautious tho.
                                      XL was tastier when it had horse meat in it yet it is still King without it. Says it all.
                                      Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                      I had one of those new McDonald's 'Big Tasty With Bacon' yesterday for the first time. It's a contender, sauce on the burger is amazing.

Opr
                                      I will go try this asap.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

FFS!
                                        Discovery = Eurosport, will be grand
                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

The big tasty in Mcdonalds is good. The smokey bacon (without onions imo) in Supermacs and the XL in bk.

Go and report back please. Ty.

Comment

Eddie Rockets is the only one in the list that serves something resembling a burger, you weirdos.

Comment

XL was tastier when it had horse meat in it yet it is still King without it. Says it all.

I will go try this asap.
                                              You won't be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                Eddie Rockets is the only one in the list that serves something resembling a burger, you weirdos.
                                                Since when is lumps of poorly moulded mince soaked in sauce a burger?

Comment

Lumps of poorly moulded mince is exactly what a burger is! If you like a nice dose of xanthan gum etc. to keep it in a perfect circle work away. Sauce is class, though I will conceded it's not a classic burger ingredient tbf but sure Ronald and the lads are fond of a bit of sauce themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                    Lumps of poorly moulded mince is exactly what a burger is! If you like a nice dose of xanthan gum etc. to keep it in a perfect circle work away. Sauce is class, though I will conceded it's not a classic burger ingredient tbf but sure Ronald and the lads are fond of a bit of sauce themselves.
                                                    I'm not going to fall out with you m8.

Comment

To continue the posts about grease I love burgers from Counter, dat toppings.

Just imo, we're safe for now because we toed the line, transferred losses from foreign banks to Irish taxpayers, and started to cut back a bit on our overspending.

Other differences are that our State finances are largely (completely?) based on facts, that we have huge export levels (even if some of these international transactions are paper-based only), that we have corporate-friendly tax regime together with suitable pools of employees.

'Trouble' only really comes if you can't borrow more money at a rate you can afford or cut your government spending/increase tax take to balance the books.
                                                      I suppose our biggest exports are the likes of gas, zinc and software, maybe medical supplies. The only concern i would have here is the reason so many companies are here ios it is teh most profitable country in the world for them (US companies, well according US tax journal Tax Notes, not sure of the reality). I would just wonder if these very mobile industries shifted elsewhere how much we would be shafted and how fast. Also faith in those restoring those cuts isn't the highest it could be. I also see a problem with a country of one city where more could be done to change that?
                                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 29-06-15, 14:57.

Comment

Chelsea need to stop strengthening rival teams. Arsenal just got a whole lot stronger. Cunce.

Comment

Was in Bunsen for the first time in a while recently, decent burger but much like burritos I don't understand the strong support for any particular chain over another.

ER gets points for having a burger with an egg on it though.

Comment

Chelsea need to stop strengthening rival teams. Arsenal just got a whole lot stronger. Cunce.
                                                            Tbf, he's worth a lot more than a place on the bench and owes Chelsea nothing. Has been a stalwart for them. Szcesny needs to look for a new club now imo. He'd suit a decent mid table team. Unless he wants to bench warm.

Comment

To continue the posts about grease I love burgers from Counter, dat toppings.

I suppose our biggest exports are the likes of gas, zinc and software, maybe medical supplies. The only concern i would have here is the reason so many companies are here ios it is teh most profitable country in the world for them (US companies, well according US tax journal Tax Notes, not sure of the reality). I would just wonder if these very mobile industries shifted elsewhere how much we would be shafted and how fast. Also faith in those restoring those cuts isn't the highest it could be. I also see a problem with a country of one city where more could be done to change that?
                                                              If it wasn't the paradox of our most expensive Export (our young people ) we'd probably be up a shitier creek that the one we are in. Can't afford to lose them, can't afford to keep them.

Comment

Never thought I'd see the day when a Clyne played for Lolpool. Dark times ahead for the extended clan.

Comment

Tbf, he's worth a lot more than a place on the bench and owes Chelsea nothing. Has been a stalwart for them. Szcesny needs to look for a new club now imo. He'd suit a decent mid table team. Unless he wants to bench warm.
                                                                  Cech can do what he likes. He is a legend.

He doesn't deserve to go trophyless for the rest of his career yet Chelsea have inflicted this pain on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                    Was in Bunsen for the first time in a while recently, decent burger but much like burritos I don't understand the strong support for any particular chain over another.

ER gets points for having a burger with an egg on it though.
                                                                    How egg isn't standard on a burger is beyond me.
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

It almost certainly ticks all the boxes in both quality and quantity when it comes to a fast food option.

Are there any rivals worth even reviewing?
                                                                      I find its lack of condiments to be a problem.
                                                                      In a straight shoot of beef and bacon a Wendy's baconator is hard to beat.
                                                                      Also, I feel adding Jo burger , gbk and Bunsen to be a bit disingenuous. They aren't strictly Fast food IMO.

How about left field zinger tower burger option?

Edit. Ah see it mentioned.

This reminds me of the ultimate combo in Liffey valley food hall.
                                                                      BK for burgers, harry Ramsden's for chips, mcds for a milkshake and KFC for the zinger tower or zinger twister.
                                                                      A behemoth of a meal that is best prepared in a team
                                                                      Last edited by DeadParrot; 29-06-15, 15:22.
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Was in a place called mikes in Killarney 2 weekends ago. Tiny chipper with no real seats but a serious chicken fillet burger.

Comment

Also laughable that the bk xl is the best burger. Not even the best fast food chain option. Big tasty is pretty class.
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                            Was in a place called mikes in Killarney 2 weekends ago. Tiny chipper with no real seats but a serious chicken fillet burger.
                                                                            If you didn't spend the following two days on the jacks you got very lucky. Mikes is to be avoided at all costs. The Allegro right across from it is nicer. Den joes is the nuts in Killarney. Reopened last week after 2 years closed due to a fire.

Comment

I will go try this asap.
                                                                              Have you all been to Bunsen yeah? Why no mention? It's just unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                Haven't been but will try it next time I'm up. We're looking for the best fast food chain burger though.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                  Fast Food chains only m8.

Have not been yet, it's on the list with BoBos and some place in that kip Dundrum.

Comment

This worked, thanks!

Comment

speaking of burgers

does my head in watching American cookery shows and they talk about the 'patty'. Patty, patty? That's the fecking burger itself you think c*&t.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                        speaking of burgers

does my head in watching American cookery shows and they talk about the 'patty'. Patty, patty? That's the fecking burger itself you think c*&t.
                                                                                        Your first mistake is watching American cookery shows you woman.

Comment

Is that the one that builds to 300 seconds or the one that has spider planks and side planks etc? Might try a bit of it but my core is bad.
                                                                                          The one that builds to 300 seconds.

I probably won't be able to complete it but like to see how far I can get.
                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Chelsea will need another keeper, anyone in the pipeline? Cech to Arsenal seems awful for Chelsea, surely there was another alternative that kept Cech happy.

The BK XL ain't far off, BK actually do a lot of nice burgers though, they've definitely overtaken McDonalds and Supermacs in the fast food burger stakes imo. The chicken wrap my SuperMacs is good too but obv doesn't qualify as a burger. Eddie Rockets is closer to a restaurant than a fast food takeaway outlet for the simple reason that a takeaway Eddie Rockets meals loses a lot compared to a go-in-and-sit-down Eddie Rockets meal, can't say that about any of the other fast food places.
                                                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Are burgers going to be Greece's new currency?

Comment

The ultramac was McDonalds greatest, big Mac on top of a big Mac. They wouldn't dare bring it back,the food fascists would be all over them.

Comment

Sitting in a Jacuzzi with three girls when Tommy Bowe and Jamie Heaslip walk by you to the steam room is some sure fire way to feel inadequate.
                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                    Chelsea will need another keeper, anyone in the pipeline? Cech to Arsenal seems awful for Chelsea, surely there was another alternative that kept Cech happy.
                                                                                                    Shortlist seems to be Green, Ruddy and Begovic. None of them want to sit on the bench.

Comment

what about that burger that had chicken burgers as the buns or the bic mac that is deepfried in murica? Guy from work jsut back from the south and everything was deep fried and battered even his veg.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                        Sitting in a Jacuzzi with three girls when Tommy Bowe and Jamie Heaslip walk by you to the steam room is some sure fire way to feel inadequate.
                                                                                                        You have three girls, they have zero girls.
                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                          Are burgers going to be Greece's new currency?

Yes but only uncooked burgers. To use cooked meat would be a democratic affront to the Greek people in some way.

In their new barter based economy 24 hours after the new drachma is released and subsequently becomes worthless I would imagine that burgers will be quite valuable due to the high numbers of bbqs

Comment

Does Tommy bowe actually wear those shoes with his own name on them? Or that XV kings stuff?

Comment

"I'll give you a bag of rice for Microsoft Office"

Comment

Shortlist seems to be Green, Ruddy and Begovic. None of them want to sit on the bench.
                                                                                                                Ruddy would def be my pick of those 3, always thought he was a good keeper.

Professional substitute keeper has always struck as one of the more interesting roles in sports. Just behind the 3rd choice international keepers who are usually the banter kings of the squad coz they know they'll never get any meaningful game time.
                                                                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Lol at even trying to argue that's there's a better fast food burger than the XL Bacon Double Cheeseburger.

It's miles ahead of everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                    Does Tommy bowe actually wear those shoes with his own name on them? Or that XV kings stuff?
                                                                                                                    He did have some weird pair of sock like things on. Didn't spot his name on them.

They're all getting in and out of a big wheelie bin of icy water. S.O.B just got out of it.

Weird seeing these guys up close, pity I know feck all about the sport to have even small talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                                      Ruddy would def be my pick of those 3, always thought he was a good keeper.

Professional substitute keeper has always struck as one of the more interesting roles in sports. Just behind the 3rd choice international keepers who are usually the banter kings of the squad coz they know they'll never get any meaningful game time.
                                                                                                                      I'd take any of them. All are HG too afaik. That's almost essential in a no.2 Keeper these days.

Comment

Pool facilities here are just alright, I've yet to find anywhere that comes even close to Seafield.

Comment

Pool facilities here are just alright, I've yet to find anywhere that comes even close to Seafield.
                                                                                                                          Are you in a swimming pool on your phone surrounded by half naked rugby players?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X