Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vegans are constantly arguing over whether other vegans can call themselves vegan, so knock yourself out. I'm off to my seminar:

1) The Word Vegan: Preventing People from Using it Without Our Permission
    2) Vegan or Nothing: Eliminating the Middle Ground: "spotting leather belts from a distance".

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
      No greens or fairways at Chambers Bay, all the one type of grass and cut.
      Is that unique to this course or something that's been done before. Seems a bit gimmicky.
      Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
      A few of the pros moaned about it. I don't think the yanks will like it so much ironically.
      Very linksy. Looks like they are trying to do something different anyway. It does make for fascinating viewing/betting. The long hitters don't really benefit as much as they normally do so it really is an OPEN tourny. Get your monies on a shotmaker. Pity POD isn't in the field his scrambling would be ideal for this top 6 at a good price.

Good article on the nature of the course.

For a U.S. Open, this is a paradigm shift,” Jones told me by telephone. “The fairways are wide but the players can’t just bomb it because the ball may roll into a bad place or leave them with a difficult angle into the green. We’re inviting them to their own destruction.
      ha

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        Republican primaries are going to make for great blood sport viewing.
        Koch money might help rd3's man through a crowded field.
        You know they are backing more than one horse?
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

@Tara, if you are at an event/party/dinner do you make sure the wine is vegan ? I can see that being pretty difficult. I dont think i have ever seen a wine menu list a vegan option ?
          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
            @Tara, if you are at an event/party/dinner do you make sure the wine is vegan ? I can see that being pretty difficult. I dont think i have ever seen a wine menu list a vegan option ?
            For wine it's weird, it's generally the filtering process that is not vegan, nothing in the wine itself, so there's a few different kind of people when it comes to this:
            1) Purist, never would drink in case
            2) Will make an effort to find out
            3) Doesn't really care and will drink it, views it as insignificant and possibly thinks that it promotes unhealthy rigidity to a dogmatic belief system.

For my personal preference, I use an app that tells you if the wine is vegan when buying it. It can be hard to find out at an event and in that case I guess I wouldn't really care, I have enough to be worrying about without trying to be perfect. If I'm visiting somebody and they offer me a glass of wine I'm not gonna get anal about it. I think that even promotes that something like veganism is restrictive and hard, realistically nobody in the world lives this imaginary "moral right" life. Don't sweat the small stuff imo, you are likely to crack.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
              For wine it's weird, it's generally the filtering process that is not vegan
              And that in itself is a byproduct of the baking industry, they only want the egg yolk so the white is not wasted, everything is being used...everyone is happy...and you have wine and cakes at the end !

Ah Jasus...where do you stand on confectionery ?
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                My biggest ever score in gambling was 66 to 1 on Monty for his last order of merit win.
                Now I know this sounds redic but he is 500 to 1 with top 6 paid for the US Open. He has already won a seniors Major this year so is on some kind of form. For a 500 to 1 shot I'm saying he is worth a fiver EW 1/4 the odds top 6.

For the event itself. I think Speith may throw in one or two too many double bogeys on this course. Rory is a silly price. So I'm with JIM Furyk at 40s. Good luck .

SOLD one of my bikes and now I miss it :-(
                Colin Montgomerie released from hospital after suffering chest pains
                Colin Montgomerie checked himself into hospital after feeling discomfort following his third round in a Senior Players Championship event in Massachusetts, but was cleared in time to finish his final round
                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Tar, if you found yourself in a position where you absolutely had to eat meat to survive

What kind of sauce would you ask for, brown or red?

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                    Colin Montgomerie released from hospital after suffering chest pains
                    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...s-championship
                    fecking hell with my record of backing horses that DIE on the racecourse, perhaps I should lump on Monty so that people can rest easy when Sky are covering the Majors in the future

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      You know they are backing more than one horse?
                      Of course but is he not their anointed one and only real prospect of getting the nomination ?
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Also Tar, if you had to eat meat, which of the following types would it be:

Bacon?
                        Ham?
                        Pork chops?

Comment

Bacon is class.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                            Also Tar, if you had to eat meat, which of the following types would it be:

Bacon?
                            Ham?
                            Pork chops?
                            Why sacrifice 3 animals ?
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Jack Handey , one of his that always tickled me.

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason

Comment

Anyone know what's the story with the passport office. ..

My son seems to have lost his passport and he's flying out on Friday morning.

Comment

Tara that's all very interesting to read but I'm genuinely confused as to the underlying logic and when I try to I fall straight to the bottom of the reductio ad absurdem.

Can I ask, do you consider the consciousness of all creatures to be of the same value? You mentioned oysters, is it that they are somehow less evolved or are without a recognisable brain?

If there is an equivalence between human and even some non vertebrate creatures is that because you see that consciousness as not being a property of the individual but of a greater whole?

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post

You called

Call them now and try to get an appointment for today, there is a chance but I'd be prepared to be disappointed.

Comment

Heading off tomorrow to Vegas
                                      Is a cricket stick still the best way to get online while there?
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

You called

Call them now and try to get an appointment for today, there is a chance but I'd be prepared to be disappointed.
                                        Exact opposite experience here.
                                        My passport was out of date when the mother in law passed abroad.
                                        They issued my an emergency passport with pretty minimal fuss. My advice is to talk to the bloke on the reception desk as they can smooth out a lot of the paperwork.
                                        Like a lot of things, the right attitude helps
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

You called

We sent our off with passport express, the extra money you pay to guarantee a 10 working day turnaround.

16 working days...only in Ireland.
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

HOLY BALLS.

FF7 Remake.

The Verge is about technology and how it makes us feel. Founded in 2011, we offer our audience everything from breaking news to reviews to award-winning features and investigations, on our site, in video, and in podcasts.

I really hope this is made properly. Best game I've ever played.
                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

My aunt had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. Paid all the extras, had proof of tickets and used 'emergency flight to visit a sick friend in hospital' but she needed a letter from the hospital to get that bluff through. Said there was no chance she'd get it within a week.

Comment

The thrower deserves credit also.

http://3voor12.vpro.nlAt Pinkpop Festival 2015 in Holland, John Coffey lead singer David Achter de Molen catches a beer, thrown from the crowd, while crowdwa...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                    Meh!

99.83% of people who say never again, do indeed do it again and generally more than once

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                      Exact opposite experience here..
                                                      Like a lot of things, the right attitude helps
                                                      Unfortunately that's probably true, but the only attitude that matters in this situation is the one of the guy behind the desk with all the power.no matter how subservient or m8y you are with them they hold all the cards.
                                                      If attitude matters that's far worse than a system that's fair where everyone is treated the same.

Comment

Of course but is he not their anointed one and only real prospect of getting the nomination ?
                                                        I'd say they would switch in a heartbeat. It's an investment position rather than conviction.

Comment

My Grandfather passed away yesterday fairly quickly after being sick for a number of years.

Arrangements were being made and we were given the option of suit or shroud. Went with suit, its what he would have wanted. Arrangements were made to have the suit picked up from Mams were it had been stored.

The undertakers assistant called a bit earlier than expected and wouldn't come into the house to wait which flustered Mam as she was rushing around gathering the bits to be sent off.

She drops the suit to the door and asks do you need underwear too? "Ah yeah normally anyways" So she rushes back into my Grandfathers laundry drawer and grabs a handful of Boxers to root out the nicest pair. Then it enters her mind that a vest would look better under the shirt so runs to grab a vest from the press and rushes downstairs to give them to the waiting assistant. She passes all the things to him and he shoots off.

We get a call to say we can come round to the Funeral home to have a family viewing of the remains. The Cars are loaded up with the Family and we all went round to see him laid out. When we arrive the Undertaker greets us forlornly to lead us down the Hall to the room. As we are walking down Mam asks if he received all the clothing all right. The undertaker nods his and replies and says "We also made sure to put the 3 pairs of Underwear on him too." In the her rush Mam had just wedged the handful of Jocks into the Bag!

Probably not that funny but managed to raise a good laugh in the Undertakers yesterday!

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                            Keep hoping babe!
                                                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PokerPolly View Post
                                                              Keep hoping babe!
                                                              I would be a veggie too if steak didn't taste so flamin good

Comment

Do my eyes deceive me or has THAT Frank Fahey been elected mayor of Galway?

Fucking hell

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  Do my eyes deceive me or has THAT Frank Fahey been elected mayor of Galway?

Fucking hell
                                                                  Eyes deceive you.
                                                                  Its Frank Fahy, a FGer.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                    Eyes deceive you.
                                                                    Its Frank Fahy, a FGer.
                                                                    Blood pressure reducing, ty

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                      HOLY BALLS.

FF7 Remake.

The Verge is about technology and how it makes us feel. Founded in 2011, we offer our audience everything from breaking news to reviews to award-winning features and investigations, on our site, in video, and in podcasts.

This is amazing news.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                        HOLY BALLS.

FF7 Remake.

I hope they dont change the score or storyline or anything at all aside from the visuals and some side quests!

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                          I hope they dont change the score or storyline or anything at all aside from the visuals and some side quests!
                                                                          Improve the Chocobo Racing punting experience too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                            Same people making it, I'll trust them to do whatever they want to it. Between this and Fallout 4 it's the most excited I've been about games since GTA IV.

Comment

Watching the Irish Women play Hockey, good craic. Beat the 5th ranked USA 2-0 with a typical defensive Irish performance. 3 shots on target.

AJ, tell me about this World Hockey League and will they go to Olympics and stuff now.

Comment

At the risk of an "it insists upon itself" moment, I did not care for FF7.

Comment

Passport update; He has a 10 am appointment in the morning.
                                                                                  Has to bring all relevant documents and ID stuff plus 4 photos and the form that has been signed by the local Garda station and proof of travel plus €150
                                                                                  He won't be losing it again in a hurry.

Comment

I have no awareness of Final Fantasy 7, nor indeed any of what I assume are its six predecessors.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                      At the risk of an "it insists upon itself" moment, I did not care for FF7.
                                                                                      It was alright, but I can't see how shinier visuals will make it a game that will work in today's world... the market's moved on, FF7 gameplay was a bit cumbersome even then!

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                        Watching the Irish Women play Hockey, good craic. Beat the 5th ranked USA 2-0 with a typical defensive Irish performance. 3 shots on target.

AJ, tell me about this World Hockey League and will they go to Olympics and stuff now.
                                                                                        They are into the QF (were before this game anyway but now with a likely better game). Win that and they qualify. Also a way through by winning 5th-8th place play off

Comment

California balcony death toll at 6

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                            It was alright, but I can't see how shinier visuals will make it a game that will work in today's world... the market's moved on, FF7 gameplay was a bit cumbersome even then!
                                                                                            The fact that it came out within a year of Zelda's amazing Ocarina of Time game always made me think that those who went "Zomg FFVII is the bestest evar" probably never played Zelda...or were just paedophiles.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                              The fact that it came out within a year of Zelda's amazing Ocarina of Time game always made me think that those who went "Zomg FFVII is the bestest evar" probably never played Zelda...or were just paedophiles.
                                                                                              Zelda was complete shite. Not a Pedo.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                my cousin jimmy
                                                                                                time for a reboot
                                                                                                Yourself and chadders need to get arrested in bray.
                                                                                                I'll be there to represent

Comment

Saturday any good for you Lottie?

Comment

Heading off tomorrow to Vegas
                                                                                                    Is a cricket stick still the best way to get online while there?
                                                                                                    Ba bump

Comment

Ba bump
                                                                                                      Surely you won't need online porn while on your honeymoon. !!

Comment

SP, Happyish would be right up your street i think !
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Zelda was complete shite. Not a Pedo.
                                                                                                          I'm a freak in this regard. Neither FF7 or Ocarina of Time did much for me. FF7 was good but not the bestest game evar that so many say it was. I'd say those people were just the first generation of Playstation owners who never had any other console (or a PC).

Command and Conquer: Red Alert would have come out around the same time and spanks them both comfortably.
                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Ba bump
                                                                                                            I don't know about USA but here in Ghana I just walk into a shop, I say shop but its a guy with a stall on the side of the road and buy a sim and 3Gigs of data for < €10 and minutes later I'm sitting out in the shade on the street drinking fresh coconut water and watching the 2:30 from Ascot on my phone.
                                                                                                            Isn't technology amazing!

Comment

I don't know about USA but here in Ghana I just walk into a shop, I say shop but its a guy with a stall on the side of the road and buy a sim and 3Gigs of data for < €10 and minutes later I'm sitting out in the shade on the street drinking fresh coconut water and watching the 2:30 from Ascot on my phone.
                                                                                                              Isn't technology amazing!
                                                                                                              Not on TV m8?

Comment

Not on TV m8?
                                                                                                                Nothing but Politicos shouting at each other and Pastors shouting at their punters on TV here.

I was asking about a guy I met in Dublin who was setting up a casino with a poker room in Accra.
                                                                                                                Was his name Peter Somethingorother ? I told him I'd look him up when I was here again.

There are loads of seedy casinos in town all full of Chinese playing table games like money was worthless.

Comment

Nothing but Politicos shouting at each other and Pastors shouting at their punters on TV here.
                                                                                                                  Oh and Soccer loads and loads of soccer like there was no other sport.

I'm told that going to be going to a game at Acccra stadium on Sunday...I'm told I'll be ok as long as I'm shouting for the Hearts

Comment

Surely you won't need online porn while on your honeymoon. !!
                                                                                                                    We can only checking on internal flights while we are over there. I just don't fancy paying the $25 daily fee in the wynn

Comment

Oh and Soccer loads and loads of soccer like there was no other sport.

I'm told that going to be going to a game at Acccra stadium on Sunday...I'm told I'll be ok as long as I'm shouting for the Hearts
                                                                                                                      Tell them you once fixed Michael Essiens ATM and they'll buy you Guinness all night m8.

Comment

Tell them you once fixed Michael Essiens ATM and they'll buy you Guinness all night m8.
                                                                                                                        Essien had his own ATM?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                          I'm a freak in this regard. Neither FF7 or Ocarina of Time did much for me. FF7 was good but not the bestest game evar that so many say it was. I'd say those people were just the first generation of Playstation owners who never had any other console (or a PC).

Command and Conquer: Red Alert would have come out around the same time and spanks them both comfortably.
                                                                                                                          Red Alert was mint. I remember me and mates struggling to set up lan games so we could hammer each other on our own maps.

FF7 was better though. So much to do and get stuck in to. Cut scenes and score were awesome and it had one of the baddest mo'fos ever in Sephiroth.
                                                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X