This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
    What's sort of money did Ings go for? Could be a good signing for Liverpool at the right price.
    Originally posted by Megatron View Post
    Freebie. Was out of contract.

Will be decided by a tribunal, likely to be in the £6 - £10m range. Not bad going imo, they'll get that back for him if the spell is unsuccessful but he has a lot of potential.
    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Sky bill went back up from reduced rate and they are playing hard ball for another reduction.
      Time to abandon my principles and start freeloading. Where do I need to go/what do I need to set up a nice free TV service for stuff like GOT/true detective

Comment

wheat raped this woman, say no no gluten #paleo

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
          Sky bill went back up from reduced rate and they are playing hard ball for another reduction.
          Time to abandon my principles and start freeloading. Where do I need to go/what do I need to set up a nice free TV service for stuff like GOT/true detective
          Still using Pirate Bay here for simplicity sake. Probable more sophisticated options out there these days.
          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Phillipe Coutinho scored his first goal for Brazil yesterday:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Get a raspberry pi or Android box. Set up kodi and get the yatze remote for your phone. Stream everything. Once it's all set up its very Easy to use
              airport, lol

Comment

Next level trolling from CPSU, looking for 4 and a half extra days holidays per year for civil servants.world class

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                  Get a raspberry pi or Android box. Set up kodi and get the yatze remote for your phone. Stream everything. Once it's all set up its very Easy to use
                  Set up effort level? Can't handle much more than open box,plug in and press button.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                    Freebie. Was out of contract.
                    Still have to pay couple of mill compo I think because of his age.

cant see him being a good signing long term!

Comment

Kev needs to get to the Comments section on this drivel, stat.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Set up effort level? Can't handle much more than open box,plug in and press button.
                        If you buy the pi you can buy a sd card with kodi already installed. You'll have to download a few addons and stick them on a USB and install them. And you'll have to follow and idiot proof tutorial to set up the remote.

Bit of effort but as I said once it's done you're good to go
                        airport, lol

Comment

Next level trolling from CPSU, looking for 4 and a half extra days holidays per year for civil servants.world class

http://www.thejournal.ie/holidays-fo...48964-Jun2015/
                          Ask for something ludicrous, accept something reasonable. Fairly standard.

Comment

http://www.thejournal.ie/holidays-fo...48964-Jun2015/
                            Ah they are not that brazen, it's only a once off freebie they are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              Ask for something ludicrous, accept something reasonable. Fairly standard.
                              Stop harshing my outrage high m8

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                Ah they are not that brazen, it's only a once off freebie they are looking for.
                                I'd have known that if I read the article

Comment

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-s...ller-1.2236204
                                  Was listening to Matt Cooper on Fri, they were doing their round up of stories from the regions wit a panel.one of the stories was about a supermarket having to be shut down after 2 groups of travellers started flinging bottles at each other in the drinks aisle,apparently it was just the women 1st, things got heated, both groups called in the menfolk for back up and it kicked off.
                                  Female journalist ( Angela flannery I think)on the panel got very sniffy " I'm annoyethis story was selected at all,it's only because it's travellers,wouldn't be in the news if it wasn't travellers " etc. It was embarrassing

Comment

I'd have known that if I read the article
                                    http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/201...-shared-there/.

Comment

Female journalist ( Angela flannery I think)on the panel got very sniffy " I'm annoyethis story was selected at all,it's only because it's travellers,wouldn't be in the news if it wasn't travellers " etc. It was embarrassing
                                      Ah, the auld self-hating liberals (who actually aren't liberal at all). Can't bate 'em.

Comment

Really wish I hadn't clicked on that. Wiped out my feel good after yesterday with one click

Comment

GOT - latest episode

SPOILER
                                          That was fucking horrible with Shireen. I liked Stannis to a point till then

Comment

This is cool, camera gathering power through ambient wifi signals to take photos
                                            Ambient wi-fi signals have been used by US researchers to power a small surveillance camera.

PDF of the research paper "Powering the next billion devices with wi-fi"
                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 08-06-15, 14:11.

Comment

Has anybody purchased a Rangemaster cooker recently?

Any recommendations on where to buy? Can i haggle on price etc?

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                Hard to judge Kildare fans for banter , they are normally all in Eddie rockets , City west by the time final whistle is blown.��

Considering it was a final and the manner in which they lost , The way Kerry fans behaved after the 2011 final make them an easy choice for best GAA fans in the country . Then when you have won as many as them I suppose it's easier to take the odd loss.
                                                It's not!

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                Not that one. Still sick over it Went on the beer with a few dubs for the week though, helped ease the pain.

Heard a great line from a taxi driver last year before the All Ireland. "Isn't it great that Mayo aren't in it. At least that way we don't know who is going to win"
                                                Had the gawks after that one alright. The loss to Armagh was septic as well, how did we lose?

Tyrone in 05 was easy to take because they were class, losing the one in '08 was terrible - last minute decision to bring Reidy back into the full back line and developing a tactical approach which involved avoiding getting Gooch on the ball at all costs *sigh*.

Last year's win was the best by a mile for me, most of the other victories were after bad finals or soft runs - beating Donegal in a nail-biter after sickening Mayo was ridiculously sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                  A wee bit of edge and niggle between fans is good, sounds as if the Ulster lads have it sussed.
                                                  Not looking for mindless violence or anything, but also can't be having the 'sure it was a great occasion better luck next year great bunch of lads altogether' stuff either.
                                                  They didn't like it up 'em when we stuffed them in Killarney a few years ago in a qualifier.

Only time I've ever been at a game when Kerry fans were frothing at the mouth properly, it was interesting.

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                  Careca and Keane both epitomised this for me.

Although actually the reason why I have so much respect and love for Kerry fans is that they were exactly as friendly and warm and modest when they fucking thumped us in 2009 as they were when we won in 2011 and when we played out that class in 2013. For me it's how consistently good they are. I was delighted for them winning last year in part because of that and in part because I think Eamonn Fitzmaurice is the best coach in GAA right now.
                                                  I was bitter and twisted about losing that match to the point that I couldn't watch the final back until Xmas, and then when I did I spent about 15 minutes trying to count exactly how many steps Kev Mc took before the goal, but I think I suppressed it fairly well on the day itself and pretended to be magnanimous.

In retrospect we should definitely have won but probably didn't deserve to if you know what I mean. Dublin sportsed better on the day.

I wouldn't like to speak for a big group of fans but for myself at least I like to think I'm fairly measured after a match, i.e. if we had a grievance I'd admit it but after matches like '12 QF & '13 SF you can take a lot of pleasure in just being beaten by a better team.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                    I wouldn't like to speak for a big group of fans but for myself at least I like to think I'm fairly measured after a match, i.e. if we had a grievance I'd admit it but after matches like '12 QF & '13 SF you can take a lot of pleasure in just being beaten by a better team.
                                                    Yeah the 2011 match we had no right to win. We should have been further ahead at half time and when ye went 4 points up that should have been it but we got a soft goal and once that went in you got the sense that Kerry couldn't go back up to top gear quick enough.

Being beaten by Tyrone in 08 or yourselves in 09 was really a shoulder shrug loss. Beaten by a much better team both times. In 2011 we got lucky to a certain extent and in 2013 I don't think you were beaten by a better team. I think the whole thing came down to one lucky bounce of a ball. I honestly think there isn't a point between Dublin and Kerry right now. If they played 100 times they could easily win 50 each.

I know what you mean about pretending to be magnanimous but that's all you can ever be really. I still get angry thinking about Ray Cosgrove hitting the post in 2002 and how we should have fucking beaten Armagh that day.
                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

That reminds me actually, I was out one night in Sam's bar and the Dublin footballers were inside there, I happened to bump into Kev Mc, grabbed him by the shoulder and roared into his ear "Will you stop scoring goals against Kerry you fuckin' bollocks!"

He looked shocked for a couple of seconds, then we both lol'd - good egg IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                        Yeah the 2011 match we had no right to win. We should have been further ahead at half time and when ye went 4 points up that should have been it but we got a soft goal and once that went in you got the sense that Kerry couldn't go back up to top gear quick enough.

Being beaten by Tyrone in 08 or yourselves in 09 was really a shoulder shrug loss. Beaten by a much better team both times. In 2011 we got lucky to a certain extent and in 2013 I don't think you were beaten by a better team. I think the whole thing came down to one lucky bounce of a ball. I honestly think there isn't a point between Dublin and Kerry right now. If they played 100 times they could easily win 50 each.

I know what you mean about pretending to be magnanimous but that's all you can ever be really. I still get angry thinking about Ray Cosgrove hitting the post in 2002 and how we should have fucking beaten Armagh that day.
                                                        Yeah Cosgrave probably cost us the All Ireland that year

Beaten by a far better team in '13 IMO even though it was a game we could have won. If those two played a hundred times Dublin would have won a good few more than 50 I reckon.

We've improved a lot now though and Dublin are gone back a bit so I reckon it's very close alright provided JOD and Gooch are fit.

Comment

Yeah Cosgrave probably cost us the All Ireland that year

Beaten by a far better team in '13 IMO even though it was a game we could have won. If those two played a hundred times Dublin would have won a good few more than 50 I reckon.

We've improved a lot now though and Dublin are gone back a bit so I reckon it's very close alright provided JOD and Gooch are fit.
                                                          Regardless I could just sit and watch those two teams play football all day. That 2013 game is the best live sporting event I have ever attended.
                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I was bitter and twisted about losing that match to the point that I couldn't watch the final back until Xmas
                                                            I'm still not ready to watch a replay of the 1998 Final

Probably won't be until we have one won.
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I was watching the racing from the Curragh yesterday and I was struck by the way Weld's winner Postulation eased past Parish Hall and, to my mind was almost showing off by not really going on but staying in front a comfortable neck.

Todays photo of the day from the RP shows what Bolgers horse thought of it

Comment

Kildare fans over 50 are the worst imo. Can't handle living in County Dublin.
                                                                Plus the sheep shagging is shameless

Comment

Kildare fans over 50 are the worst imo. Can't handle living in County Dublin.
                                                                  Plus the sheep shagging is shameless

Comment

Will do a trip report of Tipp fans after the game on Sunday

Comment

Productive day...

SPOILER
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Ah jasus, im nearly in tears listening to Newstalk...
                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          I was watching the racing from the Curragh yesterday and I was struck by the way Weld's winner Postulation eased past Parish Hall and, to my mind was almost showing off by not really going on but staying in front a comfortable neck.

Why is Parish Hall still racing in middling contests at 6? Dewhurst winner back in the day, surely there must have been a chance of a stud spot somewhere down the line. 'Temperamental biter whilst being beaten in listed race' isn't going to help his cause.

Comment

[QUOTE=Strewelpeter;901883]I was watching the racing from the Curragh yesterday and I was struck by the way Weld's winner Postulation eased past Parish Hall and, to my mind was almost showing off by not really going on but staying in front a comfortable neck.

It was snug enough alright. Smullen interviewed afterwards reckoned the win just showed that he gave him an awful ride LTO!

Here's Parish hall in real time Suarez action

Last edited by NoRiverRequired; 08-06-15, 15:30.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                              Why is Parish Hall still racing in middling contests at 6? Dewhurst winner back in the day, surely there must have been a chance of a stud spot somewhere down the line. 'Temperamental biter whilst being beaten in listed race' isn't going to help his cause.
                                                                              Good question, I don't know the answer. He missed his 3yo season which is when most of them lay out their stall for a stud career. He's still entire so if the fertility is ok I'd say he will get a chance to sow a few oats.

IMO being a temperamental biter is a top three desirable trait in a stallion... You are looking for genes are saying 'I'm the boss hoss in this herd'

Comment

Recognising the contribution to irish society and culture 😘

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                  Do you have a good understanding of your dietary problems now and what you can/can't absorb or things your body doesn't get on well with?
                                                                                  This will be a good start to seeing if anything needs to be done. In general I recommend anybody on any diet supplements D3 if there was one thing I know people are lacking.
                                                                                  Nope. Have figured out that the soya based stuff like tofu and the soya mince isn't going to be for me. That's kind of it atm. Body seems okay with three bean salad and chickpea salad. Quinoa seemed grand.

This will be a good process for me as to be honest my body doesn't seem to like very much that a human being can eat. Maybe I'm a cat. That would explain a lot actually. Are vitamin D supplements good for cats?

Comment

DOB going down in the world? No Bilderberg invitation this year.

Last edited by Denny Crane; 08-06-15, 16:45.

Comment

Attention fans of all things toff-ish and horsey.

Gauging interest levels for a Royal Ascot tipping competition for next week. Please reply if in, we need 10+.

Same t&c as the Cheltenham, Aintree versions.

Comment

Good question, I don't know the answer. He missed his 3yo season which is when most of them lay out their stall for a stud career. He's still entire so if the fertility is ok I'd say he will get a chance to sow a few oats.

IMO being a temperamental biter is a top three desirable trait in a stallion... You are looking for genes are saying 'I'm the boss hoss in this herd'
                                                                                        Find out his next entry and sneak Jennies Jewel into the box whilst grooms are occupied with racing.

Comment

In also. You'll easy get 10.
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Gauging interest levels for a Royal Ascot tipping competition for next week. Please reply if in, we need 10+.

In

Comment

Sounds good.

Comment

Find out his next entry and sneak Jennies Jewel into the box whilst grooms are occupied with racing.
                                                                                                She hasn't bitten anything at a racecourse yet but she's pure savage.
                                                                                                She is out in a field now with a couple of her siblings. I was watching them a few weeks ago before she came back in and they were full of the joys of spring. She arrives and just a few days later they are cowering in the only doing whatever she gives them permission to do. If they get out of line she will ate them.

I'm off on my travels again next week so won't have much chance to follow Ascot but I might sign up and try and prove once again that pin sticking works as well as science.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                  DOB going down in the world? No Bilderberg invitation this year.

http://www.bilderbergmeetings.org/participants2015.html
                                                                                                  Afraid they would be overrun by Water Protesters

Comment

Speaking of being overrun, every year for a half a day the dregs of humanity in the form of semi retired IRA murderers infest the area around Sallins in remembrance of Wolfe Tone who you can hear spinning in his grave as they glorify sectarian murder and ethnic cleansing in his name.

I see that this year they are with the 'Support of Kildare County Council' turning it into a weekend event so this year thanks to funding from my property tax you can have your annual sanitisation of mass murder with Bouncy Castles and the scum stay in town for the whole weekend.
                                                                                                    GTFO

Comment

...
                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

@Tar, are vegans not allowed have 'things'?

Comment

thread is thisaway >>>>>>>

Comment

I am bored ok.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                              I am bored ok.
                                                                                                              Prison thing on rte
                                                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                                Prison thing on rte
                                                                                                                I'll go play darts m8

Comment

This sounds like a great deal for Bohs

Council buy Dalymount for a new sports centre collect 3.8Mil and get to stay at home

Comment

Council buy Dalymount for a new sports centre collect 3.8Mil and get to stay at home

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0608/706656-dalymount-park/
                                                                                                                    Should knock it and build a decent shopping center and a cinema.
                                                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Yep, not nearly as much a done deal as the reports make it sound but futures starting to look a bit brighter for the club.

Comment

Hopefully they do it up, serious lack of decent football grounds in Ireland. Most are wasting away and in bits.

Comment

Hrm, not so sure. If the club can have a thousand year lease ala Guinness then that'll be fine. Still feels mad that the land was worth €150m 7 years ago.
                                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X