X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
    Am I the only eejit working today?
    Ah sure I had a fierce hard time working making these beer battered garli butter mushrooms and making garlic mayo. Eating them was a fierce effort too. Together we will get through this.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
      That was aaaages ago..

Perhaps some consumerism to get me through the day.
      LSB/Denny, is this the chromebook I should get?
      http://www.johnlewis.com/toshiba-cb3...ilver/p1841467
      The very one. Might start an owners thread.
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
        Count me in.

Comment

Went for a jalk yesterday, weary today.

Climbed 'awesome walls' today indoor rock climbing.

Comment

Had a bit of a faux pas using it the other day:

Noticed someone I know with one
            "Ah you've the same chromebook as me"
            *confused look*
            I motion at their laptop
            *confused look*
            I look a bit closer and notice the macbook label
            "Oh"

Comment

Does the fear get worse as you get older?

Good few pints sat in Thurles (golf) and a couple for the cure yesterday. Today feels like its the end of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                Does the fear get worse as you get older?

Good few pints sat in Thurles (golf) and a couple for the cure yesterday. Today feels like its the end of the world.
                Awful, I got a savage feed of beer last night and attacked half the bar, trying to make it home from ennis now stopping every few miles to puke

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                  Ah sure I had a fierce hard time working making these beer battered garli butter mushrooms and making garlic mayo. Eating them was a fierce effort too. Together we will get through this.

I'm hungry and they look great. Do you have a recipe?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

More interested in the plate, than the food. Ikea?
                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                      16 even-sized open cup mushrooms, stalks cut level
                      3 Tbsp corn or vegetable oil
                      1/4 c unsalted butter, softened
                      3 clove garlic, chopped very finely
                      2 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
                      1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
                      salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
                      1/4 c fresh breadcrumbs

Instructions

Throw all that shit in the bin.
                      Order a takeaway that has red meat.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                        16 even-sized open cup mushrooms, stalks cut level
                        3 Tbsp corn or vegetable oil
                        1/4 c unsalted butter, softened
                        3 clove garlic, chopped very finely
                        2 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
                        1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
                        salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
                        1/4 c fresh breadcrumbs

Instructions

Throw all that shit in the bin.
                        Order a takeaway that has red meat.
                        The butter would not be very vegan.
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Recommendations needed for a really nice spot in London for lunch of a Saturday? Looking to impress without remortgaging the house.

Please & thanks.

Comment

duck and waffle in the heron tower, mega wow for normal enough prices
                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

watched the below today. highly entertaining argentinian violent comedy.

which reminds me, watched the below a couple of weeks ago. Swedish comedy i really enjoyed also (although felt the ending was a bit weak, which was a bit of a shame, but it doesn't take away too much from the overall strength of the movie)

Comment

The missus is stuck in Newcastle and her flight to Dublin tonight has just been cancelled. Is she entitled to anything other than just being rebooked on a flight tomorrow? Sleeping in the airport wouldn't be great.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                  The missus is stuck in Newcastle and her flight to Dublin tonight has just been cancelled. Is she entitled to anything other than just being rebooked on a flight tomorrow? Sleeping in the airport wouldn't be great.
                                  Congratulations, have a good night.

Comment

Congratulations, have a good night.
                                    At least I'll be able to watch the WSOP stream in peace anyhow I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                      Recommendations needed for a really nice spot in London for lunch of a Saturday? Looking to impress without remortgaging the house.
                                      Congratulations.

Edit: Moro in Farringdon ftw
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Entitled to food and beverages after two hours and a hotel room if deferred until next day.

The speed that these are offered will depend on whether its swine air or Aer Linglish.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Please & thanks.
                                          Bounce is the home of ping pong, serving a vibrant mix of games, a fun-fuelled atmosphere & incredible food and cocktails for a great night out in London.

For food, beverages and something to do

Comment

http://www.bouncepingpong.com/

That's one of the more bizarre\demented combinations of eating and entertainment I've ever seen. Some kind of hipster thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              That's one of the more bizarre\demented combinations of eating and entertainment I've ever seen. Some kind of hipster thing?
                                              Oh god yes

Comment

You might still find GAB's original Harrods Rotisserie helping under the shirt and tie bargain section.

Comment

Here is some info I had at hand.

If your flight is cancelled - regardless of when you are notified of the cancellation - your air carrier must offer you the choice between:
                                                  1. re-routing as close as possible to the original departure time;
                                                  2. re-routing at a later date; or
                                                  3. a refund of the cost of the unused flight ticket.

Your other entitlements will vary depending on when you were notified about the cancellation.

If you received less than 7 days notice of the cancellation…
                                                  ..and you chose option 1 above and were given re-routing which departed no more than 1 hour before the original departure time and arrived no more than 2 hours after the original arrival time, you are not entitled to compensation from your air carrier.

However if you chose option 1 and were given re-routing outside of those timeframes, you are entitled to compensation unless the air carrier can prove the cancellation was caused by extraordinary circumstances.

Remember that if you choose to be re-routed as soon as possible (option 1) then the air carrier must provide you with care and assistance whilst you are waiting on your alternative flight. Care and assistance consists of:Food and drink
                                                  • meals and refreshments (in reasonable relation to the waiting time);
                                                  • hotel accommodation (where an overnight stay becomes necessary);
                                                  • transport between the airport and the hotel (where necessary); and
                                                  • 2 telephone calls/ faxes/ emails.

If the airline does not provide the above assistance to you and you are forced to make your own arrangements, you should retain all your receipts as you will be entitled to reimbursement of your expenses.
                                                  More here...

www.irishkop.com Twitter = @Irish_Kop Facebook = Irishkop.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dub13 View Post
                                                    Here is some info I had at hand.

More here...

http://www.flightrights.ie/passenger...ations.19.html
                                                    Cheers. She has been rebooked onto a 7.30 pm flight tomorrow so didn't want to stay in an airport hotel so she got a taxi to a friends house and can claim back the refund from aer lingus. Pain in the hole but she'll live.

Comment

That place is a level, right

Roast & pulled shoulder of Suffolk lamb, caponata with brown anchovy, gremolata, pistachios & buttered croutons
                                                      GTFO
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Cheers. She has been rebooked onto a 7.30 pm flight tomorrow so didn't want to stay in an airport hotel so she got a taxi to a friends house and can claim back the refund from aer lingus. Pain in the hole but she'll live.
                                                        You just reminded me, I have a PM you may be interested in. I will did it up and pass it on.

www.irishkop.com Twitter = @Irish_Kop Facebook = Irishkop.com

Comment

For those of you who don't venture outside of the BBV AKQJ10 is on the final table of $1,000 Hyper 2015 WSOP final table, live stream can be found http://www.wsop.com/2015/live-video/
                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                            For those of you who don't venture outside of the BBV AKQJ10 is on the final table of $1,000 Hyper 2015 WSOP final table, live stream can be found http://www.wsop.com/2015/live-video/
                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

GoT memes keep giving:

SPOILER
                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Do yung uns fire ping pong balls?

Offie closes in 6 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  Congratulations.

Not that type of impressing just yet, thanks very much!

Comment

Saw these shameless 'Cool Beans' slappers on the Super Value ad. I hope the IPB copyright lawyers have been instructed.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                      Saw these shameless 'Cool Beans' slappers on the Super Value ad. I hope the IPB copyright lawyers have been instructed.

Or the Hot Rod ones?
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

3 left now. Guaranteed 98k. Go Marc

Edit. Heads up now. 155k locked up.
                                                                        Last edited by Fiery Wasabi; 01-06-15, 22:07.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                          On his way now

Comment

Hu for bracelet.

Comment

PC froze and needed a 40 minute reboot when Mark called aipf with (I think) KJ v AT and the flop was maybe like AKT. Did he get there?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                PC froze and needed a 40 minute reboot when Mark called aipf with (I think) KJ v AT and the flop was maybe like AKT. Did he get there?
                                                                                No he lost that hand but doubled up the next hand with AK and has been bossing the table since

Comment

Totally card dead heads up

Comment

bullshit HU - never got a hand - yer man ran very well

Comment

Hozier dealing there no good for him. Out in 2nd.

Comment

It was the bad call with A hi wot won it for yer man.

UL Marc WP

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          It was the bad call with A hi wot won it for yer man.

UL Marc WP
                                                                                          Seemed like a legit call to me.
                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Marc was awwin for 10bb, cant' be a much clearer call.

Comment

Marc was awwin for 10bb, cant' be a much clearer call.
                                                                                              The previous hero call with A high.
                                                                                              You used to be good at poker

Comment

Fuck it. Thought you meant Marc's bustout hand.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                                  The previous hero call with A high.
                                                                                                  You used to be good at poker
                                                                                                  play you hu for all the loots

Comment

Saw a badger. They are big cunts. Mind is kinda blown.

Serious urge to watch animals of farthing wood again now.

Comment

GoT
                                                                                                      SPOILER

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                        Saw a badger. They are big cunts. Mind is kinda blown.

Serious urge to watch animals of farthing wood again now.
                                                                                                        hi m8

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                          Brewery based in Waterford. Icky works for them. They have a pretty tasty pale ale. Had a few tins of it on the way to Slane - grand job. The branding is pretty cool, kinda looks like something out of the videogame bioshock.
                                                                                                          Flying home from Oz last year, I had an insanely tastey pint of Smithwicks in Adu Dhabi (not sonething I'd ever order, but it was there).
                                                                                                          Walked into the local in dublin (got on a plane first) and tried to keep the smithwicks taste going. Not on tap. but he gave me something that was "sort of the same". Pretty sure it was Metalman. Wasn't like Smithwicks.
                                                                                                          Icky does it come on draught? Was I had a by a silver haired barkeep?

Comment

No point in coming home lads.

Ireland has 200,000 fewer 20-somethings than six years ago

Most dramatic however is the fall in the number of younger women.

Comment

Every cloud and all that. :P

Comment

...
                                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...
                                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                    Manspreading arrest: I was groped by a man's legs on the train

Ah heyor (didn't read article. But the term manspreading is symptomatic of something very wrong in society)
                                                                                                                    Symptomatic indeed, almost as disturbing as you failing to finish your sheep game.
                                                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Shameless 'let me buy a house' attempt. Those figures seem a bit odd - seems its more lack of immigration is the main thing? Or a big bulk of 20-something year olds arrived here during boom years and are now 30-something. In the old days the journalist used to work that out for you.
                                                                                                                      I thought the really mental stat was that 480k people have left Ireland in the last five years, only 228k were Irish.

Clearly the internal mobility thing works.

Comment

Bit late for your hunger but nonetheless:

It's very easy. Get your mushrooms (I used chestnut) and remove the stalks.
                                                                                                                        Heat oil in a pan, only need to cover them, so it's not that much.

Get a few bowls for your ingredients.
                                                                                                                        Mix flour and your beer of choice for the batter, I used pear cider actually in this instance.
                                                                                                                        Another bowl just has flour in it. Final bowl has breadcrumbs. They need to be fine, if you don't have a good blender just buy them. I use a seeded bread, blend it, and you can add smoked paprika if you like.

For the garlic "butter" you roast garlic gloves whole in tinfoil, don't bother removing the skin, after they are cooked they slide out. Mash the garlic with a fork and I mix it with a sunflower butter).

Process is just a lot of dipping, cover the mushrooms in garlic butter, dip them in the flour, dip them in the batter, dip them in the breadcrumbs, throw the mushroom in the oil. It only takes a few seconds to cook each one.

I make vegan mayo too, very easy. Add 3 parts vegetable/sunflower oil to 1 part soy milk to a blender, add salt, black pepper, lemon juice, mustard and some form of garlic (I use garlic flavoured rapeseed oil). Blend for a few seconds and that is mayonnaise.
                                                                                                                        Whole thing takes a minute, nicer and fresher than store bought stuff.

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                        More interested in the plate, than the food. Ikea?
                                                                                                                        It's either le creuset or M&S, will have a look when I'm home, they are pretty sweet all right. I'd guess M&S off hand.

Comment

Shameless 'let me buy a house' attempt. Those figures seem a bit odd - seems its more lack of immigration is the main thing? Or a big bulk of 20-something year olds arrived here during boom years and are now 30-something. In the old days the journalist used to work that out for you.
                                                                                                                          Lack of immigration and/or previous immigrants turning 30-something wouldn't impact the irish nationals.

Although it'd be a bit more useful if they gave the 20-29 figures by national/non-national breakdown, as the data is likely there.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X