• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
    Rory in beast mode.
    If he doesn't break the course record I blame this post ^^

Comment

Love when people do things like this, just on my way to tesco, car pulls in at the traffic lights and starts talking to me. i take out my earphones and he is like, "you are awesome, and don't let anybody ever make you think different", then he shook my hand. Then to the girl driving, "now drive!" and off they went. His hand was warm like the feeling conveyed.

Maybe they thought I was gay and were campaigning for equality

Comment

This one for you Riggs, everybody's havin crumble....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I see Paddy Power have priced up each constituency in the referendum.

Comment

Great tribute to BB King.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
              Is there a copy of ex machina floating about? Cant find one
              It's taken a while, but the 720/1080p versions have appeared in the usual places today.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                  Great tribute to BB King.
                  haven't seen it myself yet but am looking forward to watching it.

B.B. King: The Life of Riley
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                    Love when people do things like this, just on my way to tesco, car pulls in at the traffic lights and starts talking to me. i take out my earphones and he is like, "you are awesome, and don't let anybody ever make you think different", then he shook my hand. Then to the girl driving, "now drive!" and off they went. His hand was warm like the feeling conveyed.

Maybe they thought I was gay and were campaigning for equality
                    Soon we will have the equal opportunity to ask the gays 'When are ye gunna give us a day out?'
                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/politi...rp_ids=2041388
                      The impression I get in my place (Tipp South) is that it'll be a no vote here, especially with Matty McGrath coming on Séamus Martin's morning show on Tipp FM saying he'll be voting no and encouraging others to do so too.

The oul biddy's will follow suit I'm sure. Low student population too.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/politi...rp_ids=2041388
                        Ah that's a laugh. 2 novelty bets for me.
                        Laois / Offaly no vote is value Shirley @5/4 & Sligo/ North Leitrim yes vote @ 6/4 and hope there's a low turnout of Leitrim people.
                        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          The plan is a quick beer in Flannerys followed by Panti Bar. Couriers only previous Panti experience was his Eurovision tragedy last year #prayforpanticourier
                          This will not end well.
                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I currently am working on a table with all the relevant constituencies, their odds, and their votes in relevant referendums. The fact that this is precisely how the bloody thing was priced up in the first place probably makes it a boring and silly exercise.

Especially boring because the data set I'm working off requires manual calculation of %. Ugh.

Comment

Comment

Some lols on this.

Comment

Me and courier are trying to work out who is most drunk: difficulty level trannies
                                  A blowjob is a blowjob dude...just sayin.
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                    The impression I get in my place (Tipp South) is that it'll be a no vote here, especially with Matty McGrath coming on Séamus Martin's morning show on Tipp FM saying he'll be voting no and encouraging others to do so too.

The oul biddy's will follow suit I'm sure. Low student population too.
                                    Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                    Ah that's a laugh. 2 novelty bets for me.
                                    Laois / Offaly no vote is value Shirley @5/4 & Sligo/ North Leitrim yes vote @ 6/4 and hope there's a low turnout of Leitrim people.
                                    Well I computed a bit of a conservative % difference between relevant constituencies and the national average. Very lazy, I started with 10 columns for referendums, but it was way too much work so I used only 2 (the last abortion related one and divorce one). Some constituencies are new but I could compute them if they were additive, but some could not be done as they split existing ones. I ended up rounding all figures to whole numbers.

I'm not sure what the national average will be, I have always thought 52-58% range. Let's choose Paddy Power's current 59.5% line. This means looking at constituencies over 9.5% difference in conservatism in the table below.

It may not look like you are getting much bang for your buck with these odds, but we are dealing with the law of large numbers here as well. The likes of 8/15 for Donegal NE with 14.5% difference, 8/11 Cavan-Mon with 14%, Tipp N 4/7 with 13% are probably decent bets.

Laois-Offaly offering 5/4 with a 10.5% difference on my table is value, and Mayo at 4/6 with 11.5%.

Now PP have the number of No constituencies line at 10.5. According to my table 8 particular constituencies should vote no, 1 bang on the 50%, 3 are close enough, and then there are 3 unknown but 2 of which are good odds on with them. So their line seems good.

Comment

Pray for Hitch and CC

Comment

Me and courier are trying to work out who is most drunk: difficulty level trannies
                                        Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                        Pray for Hitch and CC
                                        Ah, bollix. We shouldn't be let out without supervision. Last memory was of falling over several times,while trying to lift Hitch off the ground... asking people to call an ambulance...

It's just beyond funny, waking up with hair matted with my own blood, and a pain in my arse from falling over.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                          Ah, bollix. We shouldn't be let out without supervision. Last memory was of falling over several times,while trying to lift Hitch off the ground... asking people to call an ambulance...

It's just beyond funny, waking up with hair matted with my own blood, and a pain in my arse from falling over.
                                          Again?

Holy shit man, you go hell for leather. Was Hitch with you the last time? Bad influence that lad.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post

and a pain in my arse from falling over.
                                            You sure that's just from falling over :-/

I'll get my coat

Comment

Again?

Holy shit man, you go hell for leather. Was Hitch with you the last time? Bad influence that lad.
                                              Ah no. Last year was on my own. Suppose it's a slight improvement, in that I didn't end up in a&e getting xrays, and a ct scan

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Getting a sense for the first time that this referendum might actually fail, must look into the polling data properly when this hangover abates.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                  Getting a sense for the first time that this referendum might actually fail, must look into the polling data properly when this hangover abates.
                                                  I'm firmly in the "I'll be a bit surprised if this referendum does pass" and I have been for a while.

Comment

Are colleges closed next Fri?

Comment

Are colleges closed next Fri?
                                                      DCU has postponed exams for the day, think everyone else is finished?

Comment

Divorce map is amazing

Comment

The pre-polls in the divorce referendum were pretty amazing too.

Comment

Comment

Eek. Don't remember that bit. Do have a lot of pain though. Think it was when we started ordering actual bottles of wine as you would order beers that it all went wrong
                                                              mmm

Comment

Yep, I think the Yes vote is very shaky now. Talking to people last night who a month ago were definite yes and are now wavering, and Dont Knows who are now in the No camp. Usually for the most pathetic or obscure of reasons and often dressing it up as someone elses fault ("I'd really like to vote Yes but I can't because they haven't clarified what happens in totally implausible scenario of bullshit")

Comment

Impossible to fail on the current numbers. But a little bit of general anxiety in the Yes camp might be a good thing, to ensure there is a good turn-out (particularly younger voters).

Comment

Where's Eamonhonda? We have spin up business to attend to.

Comment

Had a nice bit bet on some chick in the auld tennis, 1 set up and 5-5 but bossing in the 2nd and the other beour just retires and my bet becomes void :'(.
                                                                      Shit start to a hungover Sunday, that is all.
                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                          Had a nice bit bet on some chick in the auld tennis, 1 set up and 5-5 but bossing in the 2nd and the other beour just retires and my bet becomes void :'(.
                                                                          Shit start to a hungover Sunday, that is all.
                                                                          On this, any of ye gamblers know sites that pay out regardless of retirement? I wanna gamble on who goes through, not have some bets voided
                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                            On this, any of ye gamblers know sites that pay out regardless of retirement? I wanna gamble on who goes through, not have some bets voided
                                                                            Seems that many sites pay out if the first set has been completed. Quick search seems that Ladbrokes and Coral for example are like that.

Comment

Tennisform.com is the number one online tennis betting portal. With tournament links, tennis statistics, tournament information, live score links & more!

Comment

Originally posted by DMMurray View Post
                                                                                Impossible to fail on the current numbers. But a little bit of general anxiety in the Yes camp might be a good thing, to ensure there is a good turn-out (particularly younger voters).
                                                                                Did you not see the polls before the British election? And the differing result on the day.

Comment

Shouldn't have let the homophobia argument be defined by fucking Waters and O'Brien at the start.
                                                                                  The simple fact is that there is no reason for anyone to vote no other than they are a homophobic cunt.
                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                    Shouldn't have let the homophobia argument be defined by fucking Waters and O'Brien at the start.
                                                                                    The simple fact is that there is no reason for anyone to vote no other than they are a homophobic cunt.
                                                                                    That's your yes poster right there
                                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Who's on pens for Arsenal these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                        Who's on pens for Arsenal these days?
                                                                                        Santi

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                          Did you not see the polls before the British election? And the differing result on the day.
                                                                                          Sure, but Irish referendums are a different story. The trends in polls are always a good indicator if the result will be close or not. I posted something similar a while back. Lisbon 1 polls started at 70-30 'Yes' three months out, finished about 50-50, and 'No' vote carried (for a while at least!). Lisbon 2 was always about 65%+ 'Yes', and never trended back. 'Yes' carried easily (67%). Nice 1 and 2 had similar trends and final results.

Divorce is probably the most similar case to Marriage referendum though (in terms of the typical Yes/No voter - apologies for stereotyping). It started about 70-30, went to 50-50 and 'Yes' barely carried. The polls in the current referendum are always 70%+ and have never trended back to 50-50, where 'No' would have a chance. I'll be amazed if 'No' vote carries. I will give up my faith in numbers and abandon my atheist/secular views on life and immediately subscribe to Iona/Coir/random Irish nut-job group if that happens.

Comment

Actually someone on boards made the first decent point for a no vote I have seen - yet more wedding invites.

Comment

Remember reading research on an exit poll done after a previous referendum - at least half of the reasons given for voting against had nothing to do with the referendum itself, but rather things like 'against the government', 'if all the parties are for it i'm suspicious', 'govt still haven't delivered promise during election', 'i dont like changes to the constitution', 'courts will decide differently no matter how we vote' etc etc etc

Assuming anything over than half of the electorate who actually vote next will week will actually be voting on the questions on the paper is a mistake imo.

Comment

Phrases like this are why Yes side are losing support. they needed more dignified interventions like Ursula Halligan during the week and less of the shrill sanctimonious sloganeering from platitude queens that we have been bashed over the head with.
                                                                                                i think a good few of the government politicians who have been weighing in should have laid low and I don't know what the fuck companies like Google were thinking throwing their 2 cents in,that was only ever going to be counter productive
                                                                                                Many of the no voters will be homophobic cunts no doubt but I don't think all of them are.
                                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 17-05-15, 16:03.

Comment

...

Comment

Do you have to be a bit of a prick to play inter county in Ulster? Just seems like giving each other stick all the time. Prob applied to all counties good come back from Tyrone

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                      Do you have to be a bit of a prick to play inter county in Ulster? Just seems like giving each other stick all the time. Prob applied to all counties good come back from Tyrone
                                                                                                      They are all very angry people. Old lads fighting with young lads who are playing. Embarrassing.

Comment

...

Comment

Took 5/1 on a "No" vote, just looks to big, presuming most don't knows are going to vote no, and yes voters are over represented.

Comment

I've met more No voters in Wicklow than Yes voters. The young people don't really go out and vote and I live in the civilised part of the county. All the rednecks will vote No too. 8/1 for No, might have to stick a £1 on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                                                                              Remember reading research on an exit poll done after a previous referendum - at least half of the reasons given for voting against had nothing to do with the referendum itself, but rather things like 'against the government', 'if all the parties are for it i'm suspicious', 'govt still haven't delivered promise during election', 'i dont like changes to the constitution', 'courts will decide differently no matter how we vote' etc etc etc
                                                                                                              lol. That's code for "I am homophobic but don't want to say it"

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                Phrases like this are why Yes side are losing support. they needed more dignified interventions like Ursula Halligan during the week and less of the shrill sanctimonious sloganeering from platitude queens that we have been bashed over the head with.
                                                                                                                i think a good few of the government politicians who have been weighing in should have laid low and I don't know what the fuck companies like Google were thinking throwing their 2 cents in,that was only ever going to be counter productive
                                                                                                                Many of the no voters will be homophobic cunts no doubt but I don't think all of them are.
                                                                                                                I posted this elsewhere in a debate about labeling no voters homophobic and how counter productive it is.

Any no vote imo has homophobia as it’s foundation, but there are varying degrees of homophobia. Some people are open to shedding it through reasoned argument, some never will.

Ramming the homophobe label down the former group’s throat will only cement their no vote, the latter should just be ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post

Assuming anything over than half of the electorate who actually vote next will week will actually be voting on the questions on the paper is a mistake imo.
                                                                                                                  Hopefully the support of Sinn Fein and AAA of a yes will help nullify a lot of that sentiment.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                                    lol. That's code for "I am homophobic but don't want to say it"
                                                                                                                    Think you misunderstood. Those were phrases used in a previous referendum, nothing to do with Hetro/homosexuality.

The point was that people who vote don't necessarily vote Yes/No on the basis of the topic of the election.

Comment

Hopefully the support of Sinn Fein and AAA of a yes will help nullify a lot of that sentiment.
                                                                                                                      When your particular niche is based on opposition to everything it might be quite difficult to get solid Sf/AAA supporters to tick a positive box.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                        I've met more No voters in Wicklow than Yes voters. The young people don't really go out and vote and I live in the civilised part of the county. All the rednecks will vote No too. 8/1 for No, might have to stick a £1 on.
                                                                                                                        I'm from the hick side. I'll give ya 10' s max bet 20 euro..
                                                                                                                        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                                                          I'm from the hick side. I'll give ya 10' s max bet 20 euro..
                                                                                                                          I deal in sterling m8. I will win my IPO seat then be back to you.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X