• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Just need Charley to pick up one shot ftw
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Wow Michelson, small chance of game on now.

Comment

Just saw patrons high fixing each other after Mickelsons chip in. Puke

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
            Hrm, not sure if you are being deliberately obtuse here, but it seems a simple enough concept that everything has relative value and can have both positive and negative effects. In the case of possessions, the positives are diminishing while the negatives are cumulative. So too much = bad, not enough = also bad.

Have you completely abandoned utilitarianism as part of your experiments in eastern mysticism? It's all far too black and white for me, I'm afraid. I'm a big believer in grey.
            No need to bite my head off, I just genuinely didn't know what you meant by owning a book creating value for you. If you meant you get utility from owning a book then it is indeed a simple enough concept.

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
            Have you completely abandoned utilitarianism as part of your experiments in eastern mysticism? It's all far too black and white for me, I'm afraid. I'm a big believer in grey.
            I have too much crap. In respect of books I have books from when I was a teenager. Crap that I wouldn't now read for a bet. I now have 145 left after the cleanse. Clothes. I will be having a purge of them the week after next. I had 2 shirts tear last week which really indicated that they were too old to be wearing anymore.

So I am having a big throwing of shit out. It has nothing to do with a lifestyle or anything, at least not consciously. I don't have any interest in mysticism, Eastern or otherwise. I have an interest in some aspects of Buddhism. Don't get the black and white reference.

Originally posted by oleras View Post
            May i ask why ?

Is it you simply dont need these things, anything more than 10 tshirts is too many or are you trying to live a life without material possessions ?
            Just don't need them. I am throwing out probably over half of what I own, and I doubt I am throwing out anything I genuinely get any utility from. I just haven't good at throwing stuff out as I go.

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
            Have an opportunity to spend a few nights in dubai in the summer on way back from China. Worth it or is it just one big soulless shopping mall?
            I would recommend doing it. It is one of the very few cities I have experienced where the atmosphere in it is almost tangible, like New York.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
              So it will cost 199e to fix my beloved laptop as the mmotherboard is fucked. Laptop cost about 240 iirc aoso I guess that it doesn't make sense to repair (though I'd get the data).

What causes the motherboard to fuck up?

Anyone recommend any laptops for sub 250? Has anyone tried the tablet and keyboars option?

Need it for general interneting, Word, excel, etc.
              just take out the harddrive to get the data, put it in something else.

My friend got the yoga tablet with windows and keyboard, pretty class. Small though, if you are not used to a 10 inch screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                Is Jordan Speigt okay as a person? Remember getting into Bubba Watson as a player for some competition and then seeing him spewing forth in his winning speech about how god was guiding his every shot. Google suggests Speigt is a bit more sound though.
                Speith comes across as a genuinely nice kid, last week was the first time his whole family were present to watch him play, he lost in the playoff.
                Has a sister with special needs n he was walking with her between shots as the tournament progressed.
                After all the records he's equalled n set this week I really hope he can see it out.

N yes bubba is a bit of a jesus freak.... However he does drive the car from the dukes of hazard!!!

Comment

Get in the Hoff. Hold.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                    12% is insane jesus. Was watching highlights of world handball championships recently and Qatar were in the semis or something. Most of there players were of Serbian/polish/german/(insert handball stronghold) descent. How is this going to work for 2022 given hosts automatically qualify? Will they be able to get lots of bundesliega zwei mercenaries to play for them?? The alternative would be beyond farcical.
                    Originally posted by CHD View Post
                    Think I read they have been moving families over who have talented young lads. Setting them up with great jobs and houses. Naturalise anything that might be decent. Madness. They will just hand out passports to mercenaries and be muck. During a fucking Winter World Cup. How is all this happening ffs.
                    They tried the first method about 12 years ago, giving insta passports to lots of Brazilians who might be 8th best in Brazil in their position (so really good footballers but never going to be capped for Brazil). FIFA put a stop to it at the time.
                    The more long term plan of CHDs (pay young players&families enough to actually live in Qatar for long enough to fulfil residency) is likely happening alright but it comes with no guarantees of quality - how good would Messi or Ronaldo or Milner have turned out if they solely lived in Qatar from the age of 10.

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, Sport Online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

"Following a decision by its emergency committee, any player assuming a new nationality without a clear connection to that country will not be eligible to play for it. The rule follows the decision of three Brazilians to play for the Qatar national team.
                    Fifa's decision will adversely African national teams who intend to naturalise foreign players in future. Last year, Togo naturalised five Brazilians who played in the 2004 Nations Cup qualification games."

Comment

I'm a great believer in throwing out shit you realistically don't need, most people seem to be great at hoarding, I think a lot of possessions detract value. I'm guilty of hoarding but now and again you just have to fuck out half of what you own. I don't really need a different type of computer cable for every possible scenario now do I. I used to read 8 books a month, that went on for over a decade, as you can imagine they fucking built up. Threw most of that out and have a kindle, and no time.

I have a few Malazan/Game of Thrones books left and I have a copy of my masters thesis, next for the block as being useless Have two chess sets, no idea why, when is the last time I played chess? I don't even know.
                      The time of reckoning is at hand.

Comment

FFS, I've really got to stop bbving myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                          Get in the Hoff. Hold.
                          Do you never learn

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                            I have a few Malazan/Game of Thrones books left and I have a copy of my masters thesis, next for the block as being useless Have two chess sets, no idea why, when is the last time I played chess? I don't even know.
                            My theses made the cut and are still there. Pretty sure I have 2 chess sets too. One will be going out, a computer chess set that was pretty good in its day, but no way could I throw out the other one. It was a big purchase for me as a young kid (£5 I think) and I absolutely loved it. It had a lovely smell. I played tournament chess from the age of 6 and that set meant a lot to me.

Actually maybe I will fuck it out.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                  BBC2
                                  TV packed in...found a stream
                                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Don't see Charley's ball within birdie distance.

Puke.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                      No need to bite my head off, I just genuinely didn't know what you meant by owning a book creating value for you. If you meant you get utility from owning a book then it is indeed a simple enough concept.

I have too much crap. In respect of books I have books from when I was a teenager. Crap that I wouldn't now read for a bet. I now have 145 left after the cleanse. Clothes. I will be having a purge of them the week after next. I had 2 shirts tear last week which really indicated that they were too old to be wearing anymore.

So I am having a big throwing of shit out. It has nothing to do with a lifestyle or anything, at least not consciously. I don't have any interest in mysticism, Eastern or otherwise. I have an interest in some aspects of Buddhism. Don't get the black and white reference.

Just don't need them. I am throwing out probably over half of what I own, and I doubt I am throwing out anything I genuinely get any utility from. I just haven't good at throwing stuff out as I go.

I would recommend doing it. It is one of the very few cities I have experienced where the atmosphere in it is almost tangible, like New York.
                                      Sorry I'm quite hungover and obviously made some stupid assumptions. Didn't mean to be a cunt there.

Throwing stuff out is great. Keep it at. Things are anchors.
                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Don't see Charley's ball within birdie distance.

Puke.
                                        Clearly you need to seek compensation from Kevin and failing that, retribution

Comment

So it will cost 199e to fix my beloved laptop as the mmotherboard is fucked. Laptop cost about 240 iirc aoso I guess that it doesn't make sense to repair (though I'd get the data).

What causes the motherboard to fuck up?

Anyone recommend any laptops for sub 250? Has anyone tried the tablet and keyboars option?

Need it for general interneting, Word, excel, etc.
                                          Buy one of these to retrieve your data. http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/compon...73097-pdt.html

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                            Clearly you need to seek compensation from Kevin and failing that, retribution
                                            Maybe a 5 iron.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Serious Glenroe syndrome kicking in. Back to school tomorrow after Easter break.
                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                    I'm a great believer in throwing out shit you realistically don't need, most people seem to be great at hoarding, I think a lot of possessions detract value. I'm guilty of hoarding but now and again you just have to fuck out half of what you own. I don't really need a different type of computer cable for every possible scenario now do I. I used to read 8 books a month, that went on for over a decade, as you can imagine they fucking built up. Threw most of that out and have a kindle, and no time.

I moved four or five times in three years and each time shipped a few things back to my parents house; one entire attic is filled with stuff I haven't touched in years, actually had completely forgotten about it until now. More recently I've been following Raoul's old adage about what a man should own. I've a good tv/sound system/kindle/booze cabinet/shoe rack, I'm done.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                      Players like Milner are needed to win championships. He's more than just a work horse, he actually has some technique, speed and brains as well. If you compare him to someone lke Gareth Barry, he's streets ahead of him. Mightn't be quite world class, but he's about as a good a 'work horse' as you'll get.
                                                      James Milner for England = John O'Shea for Ireland.

I heard Inter Milan wanted to sign him, I laughed.
                                                      That is all.
                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                        I moved four or five times in three years and each time shipped a few things back to my parents house; one entire attic is filled with stuff I haven't touched in years, actually had completely forgotten about it until now. More recently I've been following Raoul's old adage about what a man should own. I've a good tv/sound system/kindle/booze cabinet/shoe rack, I'm done.
                                                        Thinly veiled my folks have multiple attics post.

Comment

Comment

Shaving kit too. Every man should have a decent shaving kit.
                                                            Shaving is for women.
                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Hitch, if someone wanted to switch college after first year, is it doable? Considering my options and DCU is a better choice for me location wise.

Comment

Graduating (hopefully) in May so officially job seeking. Anyone care to take a look at my CV, essentially the first time I've ever put one together.

Bit worried my laziness in college will come back to haunt me, there's probably a good bit to be desired in the education section of the CV.
                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                  Smalling, smalling, smalliiing.
                                                                  He is Smalling of MUFC.
                                                                  He's big and he's black,
                                                                  And he plays at the back,
                                                                  He is smalling of MUFC.
                                                                  Please tell me YOU made this up and its not generally sang at Old Trafford?

Its possibly the worst song ever in praise of a player. Its basically saying we can't think of anything decent to say about you so we'll just say you play at the back. And wait, oh ya you're black too and big.

Fuck it, I'm taking the possibly out, it IS the worst song ever

PS Good win yesterday, CL spot wrapped up now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                    Graduating (hopefully) in May so officially job seeking. Anyone care to take a look at my CV, essentially the first time I've ever put one together.

Bit worried my laziness in college will come back to haunt me, there's probably a good bit to be desired in the education section of the CV.
                                                                    Good time to be graduating, hard to find decent candidates at the moment. What are you graduating in? Tech and business roles very hot right now.
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

In phone so fecked that one up.
                                                                      Last edited by dobby; 13-04-15, 07:47.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                        Please tell me YOU made this up and its not generally sang at Old Trafford?

Its possibly the worst song ever in praise of a player. Its basically saying we can't think of anything decent to say about you so we'll just say you play at the back. And wait, oh ya you're black too and big.

Fuck it, I'm taking the possibly out, it IS the worst song ever

PS Good win yesterday, CL spot wrapped up now.
                                                                        It's a great song. Describes him to a tee.

Comment

Comment

I recall BBV being good for these sort of questions: Anyone know who the support act for GY!BE is next Saturday night in Vicar St.? (I also recall there being quite a few GY!BE fans on BBV, hope they're all still alive.) Also, any reason why Vicar Street wouldn't have a gig (i.e. that gig) on their website?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                              Out of that I only have a kindle, don't owna tv or sound system or shoe rack, threw it out :P I'm done.

Hitch, if someone wanted to switch college after first year, is it doable? Considering my options and DCU is a better choice for me location wise.
                                                                              Somebody I know switched from Athlone IT to DCU after first year, didn't seem to be a problem, just had to go through whatever process it was, all the documentation etc.
                                                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 13-04-15, 10:47.

Comment

Originally posted by DMMurray View Post
                                                                                I recall BBV being good for these sort of questions: Anyone know who the support act for GY!BE is next Saturday night in Vicar St.? (I also recall there being quite a few GY!BE fans on BBV, hope they're all still alive.) Also, any reason why Vicar Street wouldn't have a gig (i.e. that gig) on their website?
                                                                                Thats odd, it is there on ticketmaster and Google know about it.

I was hoping to go but it looks like I'll be away for it, no idea who the support is or if there is one.
                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by DMMurray View Post
                                                                                  €27?

Good chance there is none if its €27

Or maybe a local band at a push

Comment

There wasn't any support the last time they played and there's no mention on the facebook event page. Same promoter as last time too so decent chance there's none. Pretty weird that they don't list it but might be that it's an independent promoter rather than vicar st/aiken themselves (though flying lotus is on their listings and that's an external promoter too).

Comment

Which part of this makes any sense?

Those who can't afford to pay their mortgage, are to have it paid by those who can?

Comment

Those who can't afford to pay their mortgage, are to have it paid by those who can?
                                                                                        Election time

Comment

Nice one, we get to pay to keep people in houses they can't afford in places we want to live - win win win.

Comment

The only strategy in 'game' in that scenario is for everyone to instantly stop paying your mortgage. Let someone else pay it for you. Baffling.

Comment

It's an election stunt. It should never be allowed to happen. You wouldn't believe how many people have been living in houses without paying a single penny of their mortgage for years. Not months, years.

It's genuinely astounding.
                                                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                €27?

Good chance there is none if its €27

Or maybe a local band at a push
                                                                                                Yep - forgot it was only €27. Makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                  It's an election stunt. It should never be allowed to happen. You wouldn't believe how many people have been living in houses without paying a single penny of their mortgage for years. Not months, years.

It's genuinely astounding.
                                                                                                  If you were to completely stop paying your mortgage in the morning how long would it take for you to be kicked out of the house.

If it gets to a stage where the house is repossessed and you default what are the long term repercussions? Is it just bad credit history and the ability to apply for a house from the council?

Comment

...

Comment

What a joke that is, from boards:

"In a statement to the Indo, Brian O'Donnell says he is delighted to be given the opportunity to return to his former home 'Gorse Hill' thanks to the kindness of the Irish taxpayer."

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                        Nice one, we get to pay to keep people in houses they can't afford in places we want to live - win win win.
                                                                                                        There's your bailout, Joe.
                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

For the BBV culinary wizards, I'm not a big seafood fan but I do enjoy prawns from time to time so picked up some ready to eat ones from Superquinn the other day any recommendations on dishes for them?
                                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                            For the BBV culinary wizards, I'm not a big seafood fan but I do enjoy prawns from time to time so picked up some ready to eat ones from Superquinn the other day any recommendations on dishes for them?
                                                                                                            Try a plate.

Comment

Garlic. Chili. Stir-fry.
                                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

ha, really want to find an occasion to pass this off as my own
                                                                                                                Knock yourself out!

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                                                                  Try a plate.
                                                                                                                  Never change

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                  Garlic. Chili. Stir-fry.
                                                                                                                  Could be very nice.

Comment

If you bought them in Superquinn Danny I'd throw them out.

Comment

If you bought them in Superquinn Danny I'd throw them out.
                                                                                                                      ???

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                        ???
                                                                                                                        Posh guitar wanker syndrome

Comment

Vote FG / Labour obv
                                                                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X