This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
    Any small upgrades that could be made on this or any other good value PCs around the 800euro mark? http://www.hardwareversand.de/en/pcc...rator.gpOnly=0
    Very silly to spend that much on a PC and not get an SSD.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Agreed, was top of my list alright but fairly clueless with all this stuff, SSDs seem to be around the 250GB mark, should I be getting 2 of them or 1 SSD and one other?

- none of that is me picking a custom build, it's working of a €750 template.

Comment

Agreed, was top of my list alright but fairly clueless with all this stuff, SSDs seem to be around the 250GB mark, should I be getting 2 of them or 1 SSD and one other?

- none of that is me picking a custom build, it's working of a €750 template.
        Ah ok. Get one SSD and one HDD. That way you have a small, fast drive for your programs and a big, slow drive for your data.
        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Fucking Fuck America

In a video provided to The New York Times, a police officer in North Charleston, S.C., is seen shooting an apparently unarmed man, Walter Scott, after a scuf...

Pretty Graphic & Upsetting

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
              Fucking Fuck America

In a video provided to The New York Times, a police officer in North Charleston, S.C., is seen shooting an apparently unarmed man, Walter Scott, after a scuf...

From 17 sec freeze frame it till 21sec, it looks like he had a gun but it dropped, at 20sec its about 8 feet from the cop ?

A tazer is bright yellow, so dont thinks its that.
              Last edited by oleras; 08-04-15, 10:28.
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                90 mins into a rather spectacularly shouty meeting.
                you should record them (unless there's incriminating stuff).
                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

have 1 to 1 meeting about health insurance today, no idea what to ask. This should be great!

also annoying that there are 5 billion plans
                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 08-04-15, 10:49.

Comment

I just tried to deposit a bunch of cash into my Ulster Bank account and the teller asked me "What's the source of the funds?". I asked her why she was asking and she said that she is "just required to ask the source when the amount is greater than €5,000".

I didn't think to ask her what happens if I refuse to answer and just deposited €4,950 instead. She had no issue with that.

Anyone know what's up with this? Is it an Ulster Bank thing or a government thing?

Comment

Originally posted by pok3rplaya View Post
                      I just tried to deposit a bunch of cash into my Ulster Bank account and the teller asked me "What's the source of the funds?". I asked her why she was asking and she said that she is "just required to ask the source when the amount is greater than €5,000".

I didn't think to ask her what happens if I refuse to answer and just deposited €4,950 instead. She had no issue with that.

Anyone know what's up with this? Is it an Ulster Bank thing or a government thing?
                      Nice brag. Would be fairly common in most banks afaik, standard compliance question. Depositing multiple of 4950 is likely to result in more questions btw

Comment

Fairly standard AML stuff for all banks.

Comment

Been around for a good while afaik. No idea why they do it really.

And its not just Ulster Bank.

Comment

Standard. Credit Unions are the same. Just ask for large amounts. My boss sold his horse box the same week Cheltenham was on, deposited the cash and when asked where it came from he just said horses without thinking. He doesn't even gamble lol.

But yeah, standard queetion. You could have just said you won it or something.

Comment

Skipped breakfast this morning so trying out this Brew Dock club on hitch's recommendation; expecting big things.

Comment

Fucking Fuck America

Maybe ive become totally desensitized at this stage but I find that neither graphic nor upsetting.
                                Obviously it goes without saying its an appalling crime but nothing surprises me at this stage, particularly when it comes to the good ol U.S of A. Its a sad fact that the sight of another human being shot dead in real life no longer shocks me.
                                We give the Guards a lot of shit in this country but man we don't know how lucky we are in ways.

On the other hand just reading the report about the 2yr old girl knocked down in Phoenix park the weekend had me welling up, found that particularly hard to hear about, probably because we have a little girl.
                                Last edited by NoRiverRequired; 08-04-15, 11:25.

Comment

If a bank double recredited a fraud transaction on your account would people notify them?
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

It's anti money laundering legislation. Large (defined as 5k+) cash transactions need to be reported. Plus suspicious patterns etc.
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

what is "Individual Excess"? "the amount deducted from your out-patient claims per year"

What does that mean? It's 1 euro? So basically nothing is deducted from claims or something, why is it not 0 then?
                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 08-04-15, 11:18.

Comment

Comment

90 mins into a rather spectacularly shouty meeting.
                                          Thought the ivory towers of academia were rather 'shoutless' type places.

Comment

Lecturers aren't paid for correcting scripts are they?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                    Lecturers aren't paid for correcting scripts are they?
                                                    They are indeed - on top of regular pay!
                                                    Senior Lecturer grade and above aren't paid.

Comment

How do the BBV feel about Ginseng these days? Havent heard it mentioned in a while. Are people still using it?

I gave up after a week, gonna try again from today.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                        How do the BBV feel about Ginseng these days? Havent heard it mentioned in a while. Are people still using it?

I gave up after a week, gonna try again from today.
                                                        I still take it daily and regularly drink Ginseng Tea as well.

Still reckon I am mentally sharper when taking it, so much so I can nearly outwit my 7 year old Nephew.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                          Ah ok. Get one SSD and one HDD. That way you have a small, fast drive for your programs and a big, slow drive for your data.
                                                          Look good? http://www.hardwareversand.de/pcconf...rator.gpOnly=0

Comment

What you need the computer for? €750 is overkill for 99.5% of people (imo)

Ebuyer have a wide range of Intel Pentium Dual Core Desktop PCs all at great prices. Get your Intel Pentium dual core pc now!

&
                                                            Buy 2.5" SSD Hard Drives at Ebuyer.com and find the best prices online. We stock all the SSD leading brands and have finance options available. Shop now and save!
                                                            Last edited by Emmet; 08-04-15, 13:16.

Comment

What you need the computer for? €750 is overkill for 99.5% of people.

Ebuyer have a wide range of Intel Pentium Dual Core Desktop PCs all at great prices. Get your Intel Pentium dual core pc now!

&
                                                              Buy 2.5" SSD Hard Drives at Ebuyer.com and find the best prices online. We stock all the SSD leading brands and have finance options available. Shop now and save!

imo
                                                              Not a big gamer but have a load of games on steam that are unplayable on laptop and games like Civ 5/Football Manager that slow up easily on older computers. I don't mind investing if it gets me 5 years or so.

Comment

Unleash the kraken! If you're happy to spend that much, it's a beast of a machine. Do you play any games or just lots of tables on various sites + HEM?

Comment

Some games, might play more if I had the right pc, think I'm happy to spend it, cheers.

Comment

Looks good yeah, mine was 800 and it still plays things on 1440p and it's 4 years old. Definitely get value, plus in teh meantime you can open a bajillion things at once and not worry about it.

Comment

Not a big gamer but have a load of games on steam that are unplayable on laptop and games like Civ 5/Football Manager that slow up easily on older computers. I don't mind investing if it gets me 5 years or so.
                                                                      Fair enough, future proofing probably not a bad shout so.

'People in general' don't realise how cheaply you can get almost everyone set up for their standard tasks really.

Plenty of budget options that will do everything that 'most people' do without any hassle whatsoever. (Zoostorm, Lenovo last gen (ebuyer) etc)

Comment

But you don't understand, I look into my PC and get aroused! That's worth any money, bonus points for neon lighting.

Comment

Fair enough, future proofing probably not a bad shout so.

'People in general' don't realise how cheaply you can get almost everyone set up for their standard tasks really.

Plenty of budget options that will do everything that 'most people' do without any hassle whatsoever. (Zoostorm, Lenovo last gen (ebuyer) etc)
                                                                          Yea, I'd agree for a lot of things, avoid Samsung, apple phones etc but think I'll splash out on this.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                            We give the Guards a lot of shit in this country but man we don't know how lucky we are in ways.
                                                                            That they don't have guns, being the main one.
                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                              That they don't have guns, being the main one.
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Plenty of them do have guns and use them, it's like they have it thought out

Comment

...

Comment

pretty sure i could read reddit forever.

Anybody used these gp video calls? http://www.avivahealth.ie/babylonhealth/
                                                                                    They are a great idea imo. If you need to go in after do so, most things you really dont need to be there I find. Maybe they can send a prescription over an app?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                      what is "Individual Excess"? "the amount deducted from your out-patient claims per year"

What does that mean? It's 1 euro? So basically nothing is deducted from claims or something, why is it not 0 then?
                                                                                      vegans don't need health insurance m8

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                          vegans don't need health insurance m8
                                                                                          Yeah i doubt I'll ever use it but it's another thing I can lord over people. Oh is that your plan? Sick are you? Public hospital? How quaint m8.
                                                                                          I also get to take out my medical card and health insurance card at the same time to piss people off, the possibilities are endless.

Fairly jealous of friends plan though, it even covers his 5k corrective eye surgery (that he merely chooses to do), all his optician fees, designer glasses, and all his prescription medication etc, no idea how much such a thing even costs.
                                                                                          Just be careful what you show the GP. Relevant warning video:
                                                                                          They usually get confused when I start undoing my trousers without being asked. "Please stop". This gives them the comfort blanket of me not being there.
                                                                                          Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 08-04-15, 14:39.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Daily Mail do a great write up of the London mega-heist.

I'd imagine there haven't been this many jewish tears shed since Israel was told by the international community that they had to stop shooting palestinian kids playing on beaches.
                                                                                                Ummmm.

One of the victims was called Mohammed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                  But you don't understand, I look into my PC and get aroused! That's worth any money, bonus points for neon lighting.

[NSFW="http://i.imgur.com/t0ks7.jpg"[/NSFW]
                                                                                                  Spoiler this filth, please. Some of us are at work.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                    If a bank double recredited a fraud transaction on your account would people notify them?
                                                                                                    Possible you received a credit from the bank and the merchant. Bank will just redebit
                                                                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

...

Comment

About time someone called out bbv on it's 'Thin privilege'

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                          Spoiler this filth, please. Some of us are at work.
                                                                                                          SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                            About time someone called out bbv on it's 'Thin privilege'

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...P=share_btn_tw
                                                                                                            Am I the only one who got a big burger king ad in the middle of the article.
                                                                                                            'thin privelege' ffs, the guardian really going for those hate read clicks

Comment

I think you'll find that the Hatton Garden diamond trade is quite famously predominantly jewish
                                                                                                              Apart from oul' Mohammed.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                  Am I the only one who got a big burger king ad in the middle of the article.
                                                                                                                  'thin privelege' ffs, the guardian really going for those hate read clicks
                                                                                                                  Meh, I'm just fine with the last few lines:

In my experience it’s people who are overweight rather than obese who are most vocal and aggressive about their efforts to lose weight, and those people will now have to fess up that really they’re doing it because they think being fat looks gross. They’ll have to address their prejudices against certain body types, and how they feel about being someone who has one of those bodies. That’s an honesty that I, for one, would appreciate.
                                                                                                                  I can relate to being annoyed by people no fatter than me looking down their noses because I give less fucks about my appearance than they do. Fuck that noise.

Comment

ah i see the problem now. You've never looked up the word predominantly before.
                                                                                                                    KerrrrrChing
                                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

ah i see the problem now. You've never looked up the word predominantly before.
                                                                                                                      Probably because it wasn't in your OP.

Smacked of casual racism but whatever. Off to the cheese-eating surrender monkeys already!

Comment

The once a year golf pick is Mr Billy Horschel.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X