X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
    That's how rumours work
    Yea I nearly posted a warning yesterday to be wary of talking about the guy like he was felted. Weird sickness, humans.

I recall answering our house phone when I was 14, on the line some biddy unbeknown to me.
    A full minute of her telling me how awful it was, how tragic, till I finally dragged out what she was on about: 'that your mum has died'. Eh... she hasn't, I'm pretty sure.

She was in hospital at the time busy dying of cancer.

Didn't help my relationship with humans. I put it down to Chinese whispers brought on by it being a small town. Turns out it's just pervasive.

tl:dr, poor me poor mum, poor dave who has to put up not only with cancer but also people so eager to gossip or break 'news' that they prematurely call his death.

P.S: Not aimed at msn.
    Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 29-03-15, 15:07.
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Cracking relegation match on tg4 at the mo

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
        Yea I nearly posted a warning yesterday to be wary of talking about the guy like he was felted. Weird sickness, humans.

I recall answering our house phone when I was 14, on the line some biddy unbeknownsto me.

A full minute of her telling me how awful it was, how tragic, till I finally dragged out what she was on about: 'that your mum has died'. Eh... she hasn't, I'm pretty sure.

She was in hospital at the time busy dying of cancer.

Didn't help my relationship with humans. I put it down to Chinese whispers brought on by it being a small town. Turns out it's just pervasive.

tl:dr, poor me poor mum, poor dave who has to put up not only with cancer but also people so eager to gossip or break 'news' that they prematurely call his death.

P.S: Not aimed at msn.
        I'm sure at 14 that was a fair oul headful but IMHO in general in a small town or community, that kind of thing is a function of how genuinely concerned and caring people are and a reflection of how helpless and hopeless the situation is.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          I'm sure at 14 that was a fair oul headful but IMHO in general in a small town or community, that kind of thing is a function of how genuinely concerned and caring people are and a reflection of how helpless and hopeless the situation is.
          I would put it down to an old fashioned...."First!"

Fuckin auld nosey biddys.
          This too shall pass.

Comment

@SatNav

Thinking of you earlier in ALDI.

Checkout girl: "would you mind packing at the counter?"
            Me: "I'll be as quick as you...if not quicker"
            Checkout girl: "Ahhh, ok then"

Pretty sure she upped her normal speed by about 300% but they don't call me Quick Draw for nothing.

Careca 1 ALDI 0

SPOILER
            Legal requirement: No one has ever actually called me Quick Draw

Comment

I've never been told to pack away from the till, must be an old cunt thing
              airport, lol

Comment

This man has had more RIP posts than devilfish and still winning the last longer

Comment

That or you need to buy more than 2 items

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                    @SatNav

Thinking of you earlier in ALDI.

Checkout girl: "would you mind packing at the counter?"
                    Me: "I'll be as quick as you...if not quicker"
                    Checkout girl: "Ahhh, ok then"

Pretty sure she upped her normal speed by about 300% but they don't call me Quick Draw for nothing.

Careca 1 ALDI 0

SPOILER
                    Legal requirement: No one has ever actually called me Quick Draw

There is a new manager in our Aldi and what an absolute fucking prick, I hadnt the first item on the belt and he roars down " CASH OR CARD MAM" I was like omfg in my head , I cant fucking deal with this wanker now. I ignored him pretended I didnt hear him . Again he goes "MAM! CASH OR CARD PLEASE" I goes ah not sure yet , Ill just throw up these and then Ill see what I have in the wallet.

Anyway got to the till 4 bags wide open in trolley as ya do and he goes " Mam you cant pack them there , you must repack over there. me hungover goes " jesus you are in an awful rush" he goes to me " well obv you are not!" I was fucking savage, cheeky bastard. I just kept packing , well it was more like sliding them off the counter straight into the bags. Paid with my card , he threw me an awful look and off I went muttering loudly.

fast forward to last week and I had maybe 6 items in my hands and mia carrying a giant watermelon. Lo and behold wankbag is at the till. Got the usual " MAM CASH OR CARD" ffs CASH ! i said very loudly and big sulky puss on me.

paid for everything and had in a bag and Mia goes and drops the giant watermelon right in front of till , I was fucking mortified, me and Mia just stood there looking at in smithereens all over the floor . we stood there for ages ( seemed like ages ) he just sat there looking. LOL didnt know what to fucking do. Well he got out of the chair like fucking Hitler and roared into my face " Maybe you should get a trolley next time as you are not able to manage that amount of items. i was like a fucking dog. cheeky cunt!

I said to Mia gwan down and get another Melon there good girl. she went off to get it while I waited at the till watching fat arse on his honkers cleaning up the smashed Melon. she came back and off I walked with the melon hahahha
                    Her sky-ness
                    © 5starpool

Comment

Scandinavia refused to play by Aldi/Lidls rules, they had to pay fortunes to bring in normal cash registers in Finland and Sweden.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                        That or you need to buy more than 2 items
                        Yeah I don't think I've bought more than 2 meals worth of food at once in my life
                        airport, lol

Comment

Yeah I don't think I've bought more than 2 meals worth of food at once in my life
                          You obviously never lived with a woman, like squirrels the are, they sniff out when stuff is on special offer and "stock up". If WW3 broke out we'd be ok for 6 months.

Comment

Aldi seem like pricks at the till. None of that crap in Lidl in my experience anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                              You obviously never lived with a woman, like squirrels the are, they sniff out when stuff is on special offer and "stock up". If WW3 broke out we'd be ok for 6 months.
                              I have done as it happens, I let her at it. My mother is ridiculous, could live for 6 months to a year and eat very well. Complains if an item isn't added to the list because there's only 3 packets/jars left of it in the press.
                              airport, lol

Comment

LOLScotland

Comment

Really? So you'd have to go to the supermarket nearly every day? Fuck that. I usually get 3 or 4 days worth at a time.

I'm looking forward to seeing deadparrots pile of snacks later.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                    Really? So you'd have to go to the supermarket nearly every day? Fuck that. I usually get 3 or 4 days worth at a time.

Yeah tesco is right beside me. Get enough for a dinner and lunch and that the next day. Fella that lives with me will usually cook the next day. Sure who knows what ya want to eat in two days time.
                                    airport, lol

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

is there wrastling on or something dave?

Comment

Yeah tesco is right beside me. Get enough for a dinner and lunch and that the next day. Fella that lives with me will usually cook the next day. Sure who knows what ya want to eat in two days time.
                                          Ill be voting yes in May m8

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                            Does this match *mean* anything? Like, if we win does it bring us from 10% chance of playing the big game to 30%, or if we lose does it bring us to 0%. That type of thing. Just wondering if its worth putting the effort into being excited about it.
                                            Well if we lose, we're a lot more fucked that we are now. If we win, then Ireland, Poland, Scotland and Germany will all be on 10 points from 5 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                              is there wrastling on or something dave?
                                              Wrestlem8ia

Comment

It's must win. Have to beat Scotland and Poland at home.

Comment

Comment

...Shay Given starting...Absolutely delighted to see him back in the first team...Always felt he never got that big break at club level, he fully deserves the chance...

Comment

Nice to see a few Polish around town all the same
                                                      I was in at the Polish fair with the kids in Temple Bar yesterday. All very multi-culti.

Tragic news for V for Vendetta and GAB: I sighted one of those machines that were going to make us millionaires.
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Wouldn't call it a chance!

Says more about our Keeper situation.

Given, Coleman, O’Shea, Wilson, Brady, Whelan, McCarthy, McGeady, Hoolahan, Keane, Walters.

Comment

Comment

Currently in planning mode.
                                                            On the way out for a few pints and planning on hammering a garage/centra whilst drunk.
                                                            Should make for an interesting haul
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                              Wouldn't call it a chance!

Says more about our Keeper situation.

Given, Coleman, O’Shea, Wilson, Brady, Whelan, McCarthy, McGeady, Hoolahan, Keane, Walters.
                                                              ...Out of curiosity, what % do you think he is at compared to 5/6 years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                Don't worry CHD. I got this.

SPOILER
                                                                88.88% m8
                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                  Haven't seen him play in years. Read that he did well for Villa in a cup game. If he was playing that well he would be given the no.1 jersey at Villa.

O'Neill called up 5 keepers to this squad but somehow left out the top performing Irish Keeper this season despite finding room on the training ground for 5 Keepers. FIVE!

EDIT - Doug has it bang on m8.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                    Currently in planning mode.
                                                                    On the way out for a few pints and planning on hammering a garage/centra whilst drunk.
                                                                    Should make for an interesting haul
                                                                    Leaving for pints myself, if all goes well I'll be hammering something else later.

God speed

Comment

Very harsh on Forde. Hasn't made any mistakes and pulled out a couple of great saves (Germany away one with five mins left springs to mind, O'Sheas goal would have been meaningless otherwise). Putting in keeper who has played five or six cup games all season seems like a huge risk.

Comment

No red carpet for Mikey D. Bad start.

Comment

Comment

Robbie Keane kinda carrying the anthem for the rest of them really
                                                                            It's always quiet at away games.

Comment

Just in after a nice walk around the Aviva area, up Bath Ave and around the Dodder. Crowd seems about 2/3 Polish!

Comment

What time is Wrestlemania kicking off? Always say I will stay up for one of the big PPVs but never do.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                  What time is Wrestlemania kicking off? Always say I will stay up for one of the big PPVs but never do.
                                                                                  Midnight

Comment

Schoolboy shite.

Comment

FFS
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

Trap's reign will be looked back on as a golden one soon.
                                                                                          Last edited by The Situation; 29-03-15, 19:15.
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Meant to mention our Airbnb experience. Booked a place for 20 nights for arrival in France . Total cost €1,376. Decent enough nightly rate, even if it hurt at the time . Other person accepted, cash paid.

Then a week or so ago we get email saying 'your booking has been cancelled'. No reason given.

Wtf? But then in the email it goes, to make up for the hassle to you we'll cover up to an additional €275, up to €1,650 for you to book a new place. We booked a much nicer place for around that amount.

Kinda cool they do that, but seems ridiculous generous? Is that them paying it, or are they charging the previous person for us costing them around €250?
                                                                                            airbnb offered it or the host?

Comment

Leaving for pints myself, if all goes well I'll be hammering something else later.

God speed
                                                                                              milfs m8

Comment

Need to get Keogh or Clark in CB and Wilson into LB for Brady.

McClean in for McGeady too.

Comment

...

Comment

Get Brady off the fucking pitch.

Comment

Ta fuck was that

Comment

Shame McCarthy with all the ability he has doesn't have the influence or character to stamp his authority in midfield. Goes missing far too often.
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

airbnb
                                                                                                          im sure we can game this somehow (Y)

Comment

Lubitz’s relationship with his girlfriend is said to have recently broken down and he was taunted by pilot pals for having previously been an airline steward and was dubbed Tomato Andy — a slang term for people who are in denial about being gay.

Are they just making up shit?
                                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Ronnie Whelan is so bad at being a commentator.

Comment

Ref is an arsehole as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                  Ronnie Whelan is so bad at being a commentator.
                                                                                                                  bad person

Comment

Ref is an arsehole as usual.

Thought he was pretty good. Far less shite than the Irish team to date tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

He has booked Irish players for similar offences that the Polish have made. They have no bookings.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

He's been poor. Coleman yellow was ridiculous after letting his marker away with two fouls.

Comment

He has booked Irish players for similar offences that the Polish have made. They have no bookings.
                                                                                                                          OIC. I saw O'Shea get deservedly booked and one of the midfielders. Looked like the Polish LB is on his last warning but didn't see anything warranting yellow.

Still, if we can externalise our anger at getting hammered at home onto the ref, that's what it's all about. Right?

Edit:he just booked a Pole. Think you are talking shite tbf.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X