This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
    Imagine being that wealthy and being able to purchase this , unreal!

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/world...illion-5400336
    Got my coffee before Dermot Desmond's young (well mid-30s maybe) fella this morning. Was hoping the family rungood might have rubbed off on me so backed a few nags this evening. All unplaced. FU billionaires.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

cool short about a delivery astronaut dude
      It's 2150 There are all sorts of Aliens living throughout space. Johnny is a Space Delivery Man who travels to different planets to deliver packages. Johnny…

Comment

I still really want to back Hull to go down this year. Their run in is pretty horrid too, very tempting.

Also I think it was opr&flushdraw who were on this too, jelavic 4 clear for top scorer at the moment but out for another month.
        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
          I still really want to back Hull to go down this year. Their run in is pretty horrid too, very tempting.
          Yeah I want them to go too. Have a Hull/Leicester/QPR treble at 16/1 and a 20/1 bet on Leicester to finish bottom.

Also I think it was opr&flushdraw who were on this too, jelavic 4 clear for top scorer at the moment but out for another month.
          Still looking good though i think. Hernandez scored at the weekend and could have had another one. I did take out a little bit of insurance by also backing him at 3/1 because i'm a pussy

Comment

Finally got round to finishing the red riding trilogy dvds I got before Christmas.Thought they did justice to the books

Comment

Ha I did not see that coming

Justified going out not quite in a blaze of glory but in a series ridiculously convoluted plot twists that keep it as entertaining as it has consistently been for six series. It would be easy to snipe at the holes in the plot so wide that you could drive Boyd's truck through them or some of the dodgy editing that is used to stitch the whole thing together but it remains more fun than any other show on TV these days.

Its amazing how when you have a good enough team of writers you can get something like 75 hours of good quality TV out of one Elmore Leonard short story!
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                Finally got round to finishing the red riding trilogy dvds I got before Christmas.Thought they did justice to the books
                I keep thinking about reading those books but I'm put off by having seen the series.
                I can't imagine them working as well as the way you did it, what do you think?

Comment

Bought this yoke in Boots in Galway ( was alright) could have been stronger! ( jack hammer I need )

wasnt alright when Mia marched into the sitting room tonight with it on full blast asking what it was

" Daddys neck is sore from driving the machines"
                  Last edited by SatNav; 25-03-15, 23:05.
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Justified going out not quite in a blaze of glory but in a series ridiculously convoluted plot twists that keep it as entertaining as it has consistently been for six series. It would be easy to snipe at the holes in the plot so wide that you could drive Boyd's truck through them or some of the dodgy editing that is used to stitch the whole thing together but it remains more fun than any other show on TV these days.

Its amazing how when you have a good enough team of writers you can get something like 75 hours of good quality TV out of one Elmore Leonard short story!
                    Was a bit worried first couple of eps but been enjoyable since then. New hired gun chap is great character. Only the 3 eps left

Comment

She knew full well. Trolling ta fuck out of ya.
                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

SPOILER
                        Markham handing over 10 million for Katherine when he's just found out that she's been working with Boyd to rob him all along was pretty ridiculous. There has to be something dodgy about the money or else there's a bomb/tracker in the bag.

Comment

I keep thinking about reading those books but I'm put off by having seen the series.
                          I can't imagine them working as well as the way you did it, what do you think?
                          Nah worth a read, really creates an atmosphere. Plus it's a quartet, they left a whole book out of the TV adaptation,1977. It was tough going at times, you might find it easier having some idea of who certain characters are in advance

Comment

Anyone watching RTE1? Interesting case.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                              Anyone watching RTE1? Interesting case.
                              Flicked over to it and now I forget what I was watching.

Comment

Another stop on the UFC 189 Championship World Tour, and another staredown. Watch as champion Jose Aldo and challenger Conor McGregor go face-to-face in Boston.

Aldo is going to crack by the time they get to Dublin.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                  Bought this yoke in Boots in Galway ( was alright) could have been stronger! ( jack hammer I need )

wasnt alright when Mia marched into the sitting room tonight with it on full blast asking what it was

" Daddys neck is sore from driving the machines"

A few years ago my missus, my 5 year old daughter and I were in Boots in Newbridge waiting for a prescription. There was a bit of a queue so I was walking around as you do and my daughter found herself looking at a Durex display that had been put up for Valentine’s day. She picked up what looked like a tobacco tin and said “love box”, which was what was written on it, so I tried to ignore her with the hope she would put it down but no, I guess all the fancy coloring and letters on the tin were an attraction and she kept repeating “love box, daddy look, it’s called a love box”. By this time the people in the queue were snickering in a “ah she’s cute but that’s mildly embarrassing for you, kind of way.
                                  So I said,” yeah, love box, that’s nice now put it back on the shelf, it’s nearly time to go home”. With that she pops open the tin and pulls out one of these
                                  SPOILER
                                  and goes, “look daddy, you have one of these in your locker”. I just walked out, big red face on me and the crowd of people laughing in the backround.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                    P1 = $1,042.32
                                    P2 = $791.35
                                    P3 = $534.15
                                    P4 = $377.15
                                    P5 = $244.70
                                    P6 = $141.45
                                    UFC tickets in the bag la la la, in the bag la la la

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCAwONhuZTQ

McGregor needs to start wearing "there is only one Aldo" t-shirts with this lad on the front:

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCAwONhuZTQ

Saw that the other day, but you heard what McGregor was saying to Aldo. He said something like 'I'm going to kill you' in Brazilian. Can't find it now though.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                          SPOILER
                                          Markham handing over 10 million for Katherine when he's just found out that she's been working with Boyd to rob him all along was pretty ridiculous. There has to be something dodgy about the money or else there's a bomb/tracker in the bag.
                                          Justified:
                                          SPOILER
                                          nailed on bomb.

they made quite a show of the weight of the bags when markham was moving them and his little smile at the end gave it away.

Ava
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                            Saw that the other day, but you heard what McGregor was saying to Aldo. He said something like 'I'm going to kill you' in Brazilian. Can't find it now though.
                                            It's a different stare down. That was yesterday in Boston
                                            A few more stops on the tour then finishes up in Dublin.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                              Yeah as Mellor said that was a few days ago. They have a press tour going on. There has been a few funny moments.

Another 381 staredowns til the fight

Comment

Saudis, great bunch of lads.

Comment

Thought australia were gonna build a massive total after the smith ton but impressive wicket taking by the Indians means its game on

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                        Reddit thread suggesting it couldn't be due to the pilot left in the cabin falling ill while, say, the other pilot went to the jacks, as there is an emergency override in that case, so it would probably have to be intentional.
                                                        RTE news were very vague on it this morning. Obv didn't want to allude to terrorism (or whatever it may be) but did state that the only way the door could not be opened from outside was if it had been locked from inside. As you say, doesn't bare thinking about those 8 minutes if this is the case. I was hoping that a lack of pressure had something to do with it and they were all out cold.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                          Full transcript of BBC statement on Clarkson
                                                          Change in the times. UK Media co's spent years ignoring various levels of pedophile activities conducted by high profile personalities at locations including their own studios - Response - Ignore. But act the pri*k and punch a colleague, now there's a sacking offence.
                                                          Last edited by Lplated; 26-03-15, 08:03.

Comment

Comment

It's also strange that the names of the pilots have not been released yet.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                It's also strange that the names of the pilots have not been released yet.

Comment

India cantering so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                    India cantering so far.
                                                                    Still got it.

Comment

Still got it.
                                                                      Sorry India.

Comment

uhoh

Comment

Still got it.
                                                                          Ugh! you couldn't leave it another ten minutes could you...

I was stuck behind a nasty looking car crash in no 3G land listening on the radio when BBC LW went offline at 8:30 am and thinking I wish I'd set my lay for India at over 2.0 rather than under it.
                                                                          By the time I returned to civilisation they were 10 +

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                              That looks very bad... if the reports of the audio are true then we are most likely looking at a kamikazee situation.

I suppose its possible that something came through the window knocking out the remaining crew and the controls.
                                                                              That door system is an example of over engineered movie plot security in response to known unknowns, looks like we have just walked into one of the unknown unknowns.
                                                                              Though if it is Kamikazee what would that be the second or third of those in the last few years? Hardly an unknown unknown then

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                She knew full well. Trolling ta fuck out of ya.
                                                                                Reminds me of when I was in 6th class in school and my mother found a condom in my bag.

"What is this doing here?!"

In a stroke of underage brilliance, knowing the aversion of explaining anything sexual to a child I said:

"I don't know, I've never seen it, what is it? Do you know?"
                                                                                "No, I don't know what it is either, that's strange"

I had escaped. And we never spoke of it again.

Comment

That looks very bad... if the reports of the audio are true then we are most likely looking at a kamikazee situation.

I suppose its possible that something came through the window knocking out the remaining crew and the controls.
                                                                                  That door system is an example of over engineered movie plot security in response to known unknowns, looks like we have just walked into one of the unknown unknowns.
                                                                                  Though if it is Kamikazee what would that be the second or third of those in the last few years? Hardly an unknown unknown then
                                                                                  A reasonable hypothesis, that the captain in the cockpit denied the other re-entry (the video does say - though doesn't explicitly state how - that the passcode opens the door unless there is intervention from within the cabin)

Another being the horrendous and disastrous idea that the captain inside did lose conciousness for whatever reason, and the captain outside simply forgot the pass-code.

Either way. Grimness

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                      Reminds me of when I was in 6th class in school and my mother found a condom in my bag.

"What is this doing here?!"

In a stroke of underage brilliance, knowing the aversion of explaining anything sexual to a child I said:

"I don't know, I've never seen it, what is it? Do you know?"
                                                                                      "No, I don't know what it is either, that's strange"

I had escaped. And we never spoke of it again.
                                                                                      Perhaps I just led a sheltered life, but what were you doing with a condom in your bag in 6th class?

Comment

Re: The plane

Looks like pilot suicide

One pilot left cockpit ( probably toilet )
                                                                                        Would of tried to enter code ( Denied/locked out by pilot inside )
                                                                                        Slow descent to crash as opposed to a failure ie nosedive ( software does not allow pilot to nosedive plane)
                                                                                        The rule is to have two people in cockpit at all time, it could of have been as simple as pilot leaving to tell flight attendant to go into cockpit and in that split 30 seconds, he locked door

Dumb idea time to prevent in future,
                                                                                        You cannot override entering pin to open door unless there are two people hooked up to
                                                                                        a pulse machine/ Heart monitor within cockpit ( probably easy to fake but just another obstacle)

Comment

I really should stop thinking about this...but if you were looking to go down and take a load of people with you would you point it at a mountain and not a town?

I dunno I'm not convinced, you'd have to be a really sick fuck... so lets forget about suicidal pilots and switch channels back to the coverage of the trial of seemingly normal architect Graham Dwyer

Comment

I dunno I'm not convinced, you'd have to be a really sick fuck... so lets forget about suicidal pilots
                                                                                            It has been done before, Of course it sounds sick ,but mental health is just something we do not understand correctly at this point

Comment

Highly skeptical of it being a suicidal pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                Highly skeptical of it being a suicidal pilot.
                                                                                                From the sketchy details received so far, I cannot think of any other scenario,
                                                                                                Co pilot forgot code? I think flight attendants know it also

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                      Perhaps I just led a sheltered life, but what were you doing with a condom in your bag in 6th class?
                                                                                                      Hmm I can't really remember now , I think I had found it in my cousins car that day and was messing in school, god knows what I would be saying at that age, probably enhancing my "yore ma" jokes.

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                                                      From the sketchy details received so far, I cannot think of any other scenario,
                                                                                                      Co pilot forgot code? I think flight attendants know it also
                                                                                                      I thought if it was locked from inside you cant open it from the outside?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                        Hmm I can't really remember now , I think I had found it in my cousins car that day and was messing in school, god knows what I would be saying at that age, probably enhancing my "yore ma" jokes.

I thought if it was locked from inside you cant open it from the outside?
                                                                                                        You can open it from outside with code but person inside can block

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                          live updates here from French prosecutor.

seems it was pilot suicide
                                                                                                          Fuck, still a shock to read it from official source

Comment

...

Comment

Fuck

Comment

Wow, a multitude times worse than mechanical issue for the families.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                  Fuck
                                                                                                                  My response exactly.

Maybe too early for 'perspective thinking', but perhaps suicidal crew member is a better outcome than random unknown error in the plane, given the thousands of similar airbus product in use on a daily basis.

Comment

Imagine being the pilot, stepping out for a leak. Irritation at not getting back in turning to puzzlement and then utter horror. Spending eight futile minutes clawing at the door, knowing the plane is descending the whole time. Holy fuck.

Comment

...

Comment

I recall a docu a few years ago about the long hours and how low pay is for many pilots in the U.S, they were actually working second menial jobs to make ends meet.

I don't know whether it's different in Europe. Considering how much the job haa changed too with technology and automation, taxi drivers of the sky as O'Leary referred to them. They'd actually have considerably less time at the controls than a taxi driver.

Comment

The funny reason Sergio Leone cast him as the villain in Once Upon A Time In The West in this rare 1975 interview.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X