• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      This pilots union lad looking for Annexe 13 can just fuck off
      I turned if off when he called Miriam 'Marion' for the third time. It was cringeworthy. I was sure she was going to pull him up on it but she left it pass.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
        I have only one and it makes me want to go up tap the fucker on the back of the head and say WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!!!!

ATM put card in arses about for ages, gets cash and fucking sticks the card back in AGAIN! why just why, drives me insane
        lol from the one who packs all her shopping at the queue in Aldi/Lidl instead of just putting items back in trolley and heading over to the areas for bagging..

Mine are mostly relating to having to use public transport for work (I miss driving so much)

~ People who think their haversack is surgically attached to their back so stand on a packed bus with a haversack on instead of taking off and placing on the ground like normal people...
        ~ The "Wide Legged Dave" type who sits down and sticks elbows and knees everywhere..
        ~ The "my designer looking fake handbag" is so precious i'll hold around my elbow and whack the head off everyone sitting on the bus as I waggle by them....
        ~ The "screamer" on the mobile phone... Is that you... I'm on the bus....I'm on the bus.... I'M ON THE BUS.....
        ~ The "Stop, start" bus drivers who love slamming on the brakes every 5 seconds especially if the bus is jammed...
        ~ The "my precious shopping" passenger who gets on the bus sits on the outside seat and places their precious Penney's bag full of shopping on the inside seat... These people I deliberately search out and always ask to sit down... Did you pay for 2 seats? no well fuck off and put you bags on the floor like normal people..
        ~ the snotters who won't use a tissue....

Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            Private sector slackers
            Ahem, some of us on the go since 6am.

Satnav must have saw I posted earlier & texted me about 7am wondering what I was doing up so early so I told her I was just leaving Leeson St

She's a real FOMO head

Comment

Found a tenner on the ground on the way into work.

Gave to the guys in the potato room to buy cake.

Great start to the day.
              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

Great start to the day.
                Wow

Comment

Sleater-Kinney were awesome last night, would love to see them at a festival.Hate when you are leaving a concert on a buzz and everyone is heading home. #middleageproblems
                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Got a haircut today and just realised I am going to go bald over the next few years. Dark dark moment...

Ghostface and 5star... How do you get through that period?

I am having flashbacks to me slagging off a good mate over his baldness (good natured bants honestly). He is going be merciless when he find out...
                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      @Kayroo, any thoughts on Brian O'Donnell and his equally revolting offspring?
                      Oh so many. Oh so so many. Using court privilege to throw around crazy accusations about anyone he and his family dislikes. Convincing himself that he was tricked into making millions of euro and when the whole thing went belly-up it's the big bad bank's fault because he didn't borrow the money from the Bank he thought he borrowed from but actually ANOTHER Bank.

He even had the audacity to claim that he, an experienced commercial solicitor, was confused and bamboozled by the big nasty bank and their complicated big words.

The daughters then started making dramatics and telling solicitors from Arthur Cox to "watch themselves". Involving the Land League and living between one mansion in Dalkey and a house in England to pretend their residence is England for Bankruptcy but their principal private residence is in Dalkey for other legal protections.

But no... I have no comments...
                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Any chance at all of them being put in the stocks?

Comment

It seems to this angry lay person that every time the O'Donnells lose they can appeal it, and when they exhaust that avenue they appear able to start the whole process again from a slightly different angle. And this week just gone one of the judges said that some interesting points had been raised and they got another three week stay (in both senses of the word). Presumably even if they lose on these interesting points they can appeal it upwards, and then start the process again with the kids (or Vico Holdings) taking the case?

To put it bluntly, when are we going to be witnessing a dawn raid with tazers and pepper spray?

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                            The daughters then started making dramatics and telling solicitors from Arthur Cox to "watch themselves".
                            In a 'or else' sort of way? They all have hilarious names too just to make it even better. Blaise is the one that springs to mind.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                              Wow
                              The room is very small considering the amount of chips produced.
                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                Any chance at all of them being put in the stocks?
                                Extremely unlikely for the children. The father isn't mad enough to try that stunt of barricading himself into Gorse Hill again because he knows this time he'll be dragged out and hauled to jail. If he does try it again then we are in reasonably uncharted territory but I'd say he's pretty certain to end up in jail for a couple of weeks at least.

Comment

@shrap is Larousse Gastronomique the classic French cooking bible? Remembering you saying one ages ago
                                  Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                  Pretty much. It has every classic French dish, sauce, technique, etc. Great book for ze référence, you know.
                                  Cool cool, will fork out the hefty amount of cash required for it so. Slightly apprehensive that its an encyclopaedia though, as how would you know what to look up. E.g. your in the kitchen thinking, hmm this fish needs a nice roux, let's look up roux in Larousse. Now roux may not even be a thing, but do remember some word that sounds like it from MasterChef. But the point is, how do you know in the first place that your fish needs a roux? There seems some base level of knowledge needed before you can take full advantage of the resource.
                                  Larousse is a total waste of money, utterly usless unless you really really want to follow stodgy misinterpretations of 19th century cooking to the letter.
                                  It does look very impressive on the kitchen bookshelf but I promise you will never use it for anything.
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Oh so many. Oh so so many. Using court privilege to throw around crazy accusations about anyone he and his family dislikes. Convincing himself that he was tricked into making millions of euro and when the whole thing went belly-up it's the big bad bank's fault because he didn't borrow the money from the Bank he thought he borrowed from but actually ANOTHER Bank.

He even had the audacity to claim that he, an experienced commercial solicitor, was confused and bamboozled by the big nasty bank and their complicated big words.

The daughters then started making dramatics and telling solicitors from Arthur Cox to "watch themselves". Involving the Land League and living between one mansion in Dalkey and a house in England to pretend their residence is England for Bankruptcy but their principal private residence is in Dalkey for other legal protections.

But no... I have no comments...
                                    I pay little attention to this type of shite, but I do like a happy ending . A lot of people would act the scalywag to avoid losing assets and those who say different are speaking bull . However this guy seems to be just blantantly taking the piss , for that alone I want him sent to darndale with a sign around his neck saying 'Anto is a prick'. (yeah I know die hard)

Comment

Must head, but a last thought after a month off cigs (one two-day hiccup aside, eek, but quickly recovered from without any hassle).

You just do not notice you aren't smoking with the vape. I can't imagine ever choosing cigarettes again after making the switch. Its a vastly better experience. Really you aren't actually quitting, but more upgrading to a deluxe more enjoyable model of nicotine inhalation. And long may it continue.
                                      Would anyone like to throw a guesstimate at how many times Hitch has made more or less this exact post?

Comment

In a 'or else' sort of way? They all have hilarious names too just to make it even better. Blaise is the one that springs to mind.
                                        Oh it was pretty serious stuff. The Court even rose when the histrionics started to let people calm down.

Comment

Off to Forest Avenue for Anniversary dinner tomorrow.

Loulerie and card purchased.

Surprisingly organised this year.

Comment

Larousse is a total waste of money, utterly usless unless you really really want to follow stodgy misinterpretations of 19th century cooking to the letter.
                                            It does look very impressive on the kitchen bookshelf but I promise you will never use it for anything.
                                            Put you, Courier, and Raoul into a teleporter and Quinten Crisp will come out the other side

Comment

Seen barograph on TV this morning on ' How's it made' and want one. It looks so cool but I dont think wife would like it ( Has the Boys and their toys look ) I dont have the 'right' place for it anyhow. Sigh. ÂŁ800 odd saved then........

Comment

Off to Forest Avenue for Anniversary dinner tomorrow.

Loulerie and card purchased.

Surprisingly organised this year.
                                                Nice enough spot if it wasn't for all the Barristers

Comment

OK, Rang UPC there and told them I'm off. Pretty sure I did it wrong, because somehow I've managed to agree to a new 12 month contract, albeit half price for 4 months.

Comment

Great start to the day.
                                                    What spuds do you use elbows.
                                                    Got a bag of golden wonders last week were black and horrible in super quinn brought them back refund and few a rookery for a day was like a hitchcock film the garden.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                      Ahem, some of us on the go since 6am.

Satnav must have saw I posted earlier & texted me about 7am wondering what I was doing up so early so I told her I was just leaving Leeson St

She's a real FOMO head
                                                      Okay I had to google FOMO....
                                                      Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                        OK, Rang UPC there and told them I'm off. Pretty sure I did it wrong, because somehow I've managed to agree to a new 12 month contract, albeit half price for 4 months.
                                                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                          What spuds do you use elbows.
                                                          Got a bag of golden wonders last week were black and horrible in super quinn brought them back refund and few a rookery for a day was like a hitchcock film the garden.
                                                          We use Markies atm.

3 main types we use are Maris Piper, Markies and Agria.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                            Seen barograph on TV this morning on ' How's it made' and want one. It looks so cool but I dont think wife would like it ( Has the Boys and their toys look ) I dont have the 'right' place for it anyhow. Sigh. ÂŁ800 odd saved then........

Any fish Stan?
                                                            Only been once water was about 1 degree nothing taken gonna be at river for whole easter weekend.

Comment

Nice enough spot if it wasn't for all the Barristers
                                                              I don't mind Barristers until you actually need one.

Remember a client getting milked once by one and I thought our fees were expensive.

Comment

Sigh...

Comment

I don't mind Barristers until you actually need one.

Remember a client getting milked once by one and I thought our fees were expensive.
                                                                  In defence of the legal profession
                                                                  Name someone who hasent got ripped off by a builder,mechanic,taxi driver any one basically who gets paid for a service.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                    Having a nightmare over on Betfair.

I had two large unmatched bets on the betfair - same market, two win bets on both options.
                                                                    I wanted to adjust my stake and odds, I couldn't change both together, so I opted to cancel the bets.
                                                                    Only one of the bets was refunded to my account. At first I thought I was maybe mistaken and I had lost more than I thought recently

But my main wallet now has less in it than the two bets combined. I don't think its possible to use the other wallet for this market.

Anybody ever experience this?
                                                                    If it is a substantial amount of money then bet on the markets again and cancel them. I once had 1k just lost on the website and it took them 2 days to tell me to just bet on the market again and the glitch would fix itself, hopefully it works for you.

Also my only pet peeve is people on the bus who(even with headphones on!!) have their music so loud that I can hear it 20 rows back with my headphones on! They also have horrific taste in music.

I avoid busses because of these people.
                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

In defence of the legal profession
                                                                      Name someone who hasent got ripped off by a builder,mechanic,taxi driver any one basically who gets paid for a service.
                                                                      Ah I know, it was tongue in cheek. I am an accountant so know how it works. Used to have a client who billed the government departments for work not even done yet so they could spend their budgets.

Comment

Sigh...
                                                                        Obviously the exception to the rule, sure I got around 18 holes without once being tempted to sink a 4 iron into the back of your head

Comment

...Did anyone here ever follow through with purchasing Ed Sheeran tickets to sell at a profit?...If yes PM me 😁😁...

Comment

Comment

Obviously the exception to the rule, sure I got around 18 holes without once being tempted to sink a 4 iron into the back of your head
                                                                              You're welcome. I'll send the fee note shortly...

Comment

You're welcome. I'll send the fee note shortly...
                                                                                Actually, come to think of it, the other one who posts here is pretty sound too. Must be the poker background.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                  It seems to this angry lay person that every time the O'Donnells lose they can appeal it, and when they exhaust that avenue they appear able to start the whole process again from a slightly different angle. And this week just gone one of the judges said that some interesting points had been raised and they got another three week stay (in both senses of the word). Presumably even if they lose on these interesting points they can appeal it upwards, and then start the process again with the kids (or Vico Holdings) taking the case?

To put it bluntly, when are we going to be witnessing a dawn raid with tazers and pepper spray?
                                                                                  They're in the Court of Appeal. They're being very clever about this whole thing from a tactical delay point of view but there's nowhere to go on the house issue once the Court of Appeal is done.

Comment

Plus a quadrupling of broadband speed and Sky Sports for those 4 months?

Comment

Plus a quadrupling of broadband speed and Sky Sports for those 4 months?

I mentioned I wasn't good at this type of thing.
                                                                                      Delighted with the half price 4 months in fairness. Will save over €170. Just not too pleased with the additional 8 months contacted at full price.
                                                                                      Still have 14 days to cancel. Might not bother though, just in case I end up signing up for a 24 month contract.

Comment

Any fish Stan?
                                                                                        Only been once water was about 1 degree nothing taken gonna be at river for whole easter weekend.
                                                                                        I take a walk along the Canal most days and in the last few weeks I've twice seen a huge pike (closer to three feet long than two) patrolling the same stretch. He's out in the open and close to the top of the water, stock still and then shoots off at amazing speed. I remember that the last time I saw him was in or around this time last year.
                                                                                        Do you think that was just a coincidence or are they more out in the open because of the very slim pickings at this time of the year?

Comment

EBS rang me back eventually.

'We don't usually do anything on existing mortgages. Sorry about that'

'That's fine. I'll just take xyz up on their offer then'

'Ehhhhh....I'll call you back with a revised offer before lunch'

Comment

I mentioned I wasn't good at this type of thing.
                                                                                            Delighted with the half price 4 months in fairness. Will save over €170. Just not too pleased with the additional 8 months contacted at full price.
                                                                                            Still have 14 days to cancel. Might not bother though, just in case I end up signing up for a 24 month contract.
                                                                                            17% saving over the annual cost, not too shabby for a five minute phone call. wp

Comment

Somewhat distressing to realise how much money I have wasted through inertia in the last decade.

This recent burst of switching activity will have to become an annual affair.

Comment

Somewhat distressing to realise how much money I have wasted through inertia in the last decade.

This recent burst of switching activity will have to become an annual affair.
                                                                                                I must change my Gas and Electricity. Did the big switch a few years ago but those savings are long gone.

We have phonewatch which IMO is a complete waste of money and stuck with shite Eircom BB as a result. (although they are upgrading us to Fibre for free)

Comment

I take a walk along the Canal most days and in the last few weeks I've twice seen a huge pike (closer to three feet long than two) patrolling the same stretch. He's out in the open and close to the top of the water, stock still and then shoots off at amazing speed. I remember that the last time I saw him was in or around this time last year.
                                                                                                  Do you think that was just a coincidence or are they more out in the open because of the very slim pickings at this time of the year?
                                                                                                  She could be sunning herself.
                                                                                                  All fish over 8-12 pounds are females.
                                                                                                  Also pike spawn feb march.
                                                                                                  They really are the crocodiles of the rivers canals.
                                                                                                  Underwater ireland on youtube shows the huge amount of fish in the canal.

Comment

Got a free McDonald's breakfast this morning. Bacon and egg muffin. Was grand cos it was free. Wouldn't buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                                                                      lol from the one who packs all her shopping at the queue in Aldi/Lidl instead of just putting items back in trolley and heading over to the areas for bagging..

Mine are mostly relating to having to use public transport for work (I miss driving so much)

~ People who think their haversack is surgically attached to their back so stand on a packed bus with a haversack on instead of taking off and placing on the ground like normal people...
                                                                                                      ~ The "Wide Legged Dave" type who sits down and sticks elbows and knees everywhere..
                                                                                                      ~ The "my designer looking fake handbag" is so precious i'll hold around my elbow and whack the head off everyone sitting on the bus as I waggle by them....
                                                                                                      ~ The "screamer" on the mobile phone... Is that you... I'm on the bus....I'm on the bus.... I'M ON THE BUS.....
                                                                                                      ~ The "Stop, start" bus drivers who love slamming on the brakes every 5 seconds especially if the bus is jammed...
                                                                                                      ~ The "my precious shopping" passenger who gets on the bus sits on the outside seat and places their precious Penney's bag full of shopping on the inside seat... These people I deliberately search out and always ask to sit down... Did you pay for 2 seats? no well fuck off and put you bags on the floor like normal people..

It sounds to me like you should avoid the bus smurph.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                        Got a free McDonald's breakfast this morning. Bacon and egg muffin. Was grand cos it was free. Wouldn't buy one.
                                                                                                        It was unlimited free, I ordered 6 expecting to pay for 5, all free.

Comment

Snowboarding is class. I'd go straight back down to do it again apart from now they are closed for 5 months. The surface you fall on is great, pretty handy way to not be shite if you are going on a skiiing/snowboarding trip.

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post

Ah buses. I've spent hundreds of hours on buses from Dublin to Letterkenny and back, I feel your pain, but you forgot a few..
                                                                                                            • The sweaty guy that insists on moving around so you're reminded of the whiff every few minutes.
                                                                                                            • The one that reads the newspaper and sticks it in your face.
                                                                                                            • If you're reading, the ones that pretty much read over your shoulder.
                                                                                                            • The ones that take their coats off without standing up and almost decapitate you with a flying zip.
                                                                                                            • The one that wants to talk away to you when you have your earphones in despite it being blatantly obvious you just want your own peace.
                                                                                                            • The ones that don't sit beside each other to talk, but sit on opposite sides of the bus and shout across to each other.
                                                                                                            • The tuna and egg sandwich muncher that leaves the wrapper on the floor or shoved down the side of the chair.
                                                                                                            • Chewing gum munchers in the seat behind.
                                                                                                            • Wankers sticking their knees through the back of your seat.
                                                                                                            • The guys that hang their jackets on the back of your chair and invade your personal space.
                                                                                                            • People that go through every different ringtone on their phones.

There's lots more but i've getting tilted just listing them off!

Comment

I must confess I'm a "Wide-legged Dave". I am simply not comfortable if my knees are straight out in front of me. If wanted to sit like that I would be holding them there, and couldn't keep it up for the length of a bus journey. They simply don't rest in that position.

Please BBV, tell me I'm not the only one.
                                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

People that go through every different ringtone on their phones.
                                                                                                                When I am King, they will be the first against the wall.
                                                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

What did the Grafton Barber do? (Hacked by ISIS)
                                                                                                                  Barbers with over 50 barbershops in Ireland and the UK offering the best haircut, shave & beard trim since 1961
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Jibzzzz; 27-03-15, 11:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                                    What did the Grafton Barber do?

http://graftonbarbers.com/
                                                                                                                    Presumably being willing to shave peoples beards below the required minimum length.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                                      What did the Grafton Barber do?

http://graftonbarbers.com/
                                                                                                                      Fuck you Jibzzzz

Comment

On the strength of this I got the PDF if you want it Hitch

Comment

THIS is how to blow the original out of the water.

Download & Stream This Song Here: http://pmjlive.com/essentials2Experience PMJ Live: https://pmjtour.comShop PMJ Music/Merch: http://www.shoppmj.comFollow U...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X