Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best 5* hotel from a value for money perspective? Budget is approx €250 a night and mid week.
    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
      Best 5* hotel from a value for money perspective? Budget is approx €250 a night and mid week.
      You'd get an amazing 5* resort for less than half that in Phuket. Not sure Thailand is out of the question.
      Might be easier to give us a location

Comment

What's a typical mortgage rate?

Originally posted by oleras View Post
        There are flow switches either side of the pump, they are on the in and out side, give them a tap with the back of a screwdriver, they just get stuck.

The switches are the black connectors on the pipes.
        Mate, we have a plumber on IPB for this, taking work away from him is poor form.
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
          You'd get an amazing 5* resort for less than half that in Phuket. Not sure Thailand is out of the question.
          Might be easier to give us a location
          Ireland..Just a one night get away really.
          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Just back from 5 nights in Edinburgh for 500 euro in a fantastic apt. We stayed in the Scotsman 5 years ago (5 star boutique hotel in Edinburgh) and this apt was nicer imo with 2 nights stay costing approximately the same. We got a fab apt in the canaries for 6 nights for 400 euro. Very hard to justify a 5 star hotel imo.

Hitting Rome in May with my family for 6 nights in a fantastic 3 bed apt that looks phenomenal. I'm arranging flights, luxury car pick up, taxes and everything for 400 a head. Unreal value.

Airbnb all the way Tipp. If you want to make it more special arrange a nice restaurant or a limo or whatever. Better value and a more bespoke overall experience.

Stick to the euro zone if you can though. The exchange rate is a killer at the minute. For the first time in a long time the UK is expensive.

Edit: sorry Tipp I see you're looking for something in Ireland. I'm sure others will have something for you.
            Last edited by V for Vendetta; 25-03-15, 00:12.
            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              Is it positive or negative head?
              Seems to be a negative head.

Originally posted by oleras View Post
              There are flow switches either side of the pump, they are on the in and out side, give them a tap with the back of a screwdriver, they just get stuck.

The switches are the black connectors on the pipes.
              Bashed them with a hammer earlier to no avail. I'll try taping them in the morning ac

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                Just back from 5 nights in Edinburgh for 500 euro in a fantastic apt. We stayed in the Scotsman 5 years ago (5 star boutique hotel in Edinburgh) and this apt was nicer imo with 2 nights stay costing approximately the same. We got a fab apt in the canaries for 6 nights for 400 euro. Very hard to justify a 5 star hotel imo.

Hitting Rome in May with my family for 6 nights in a fantastic 3 bed apt that looks phenomenal. I'm arranging flights, luxury car pick up, taxes and everything for 400 a head. Unreal value.

Airbnb all the way Tipp. If you want to make it more special arrange a nice restaurant or a limo or whatever. Better value and a more bespoke overall experience.

Stick to the euro zone if you can though. The exchange rate is a killer at the minute. For the first time in a long time the UK is expensive.
                It would be Ireland for sure as time is not something either of us would have.

Ya I would agree with airbnb as the way forward although I have not yet used it. I think this time since sticking Ireland and it is a first get away id like to stick to a hotel. Il probably be looking rural aswell which kind of rules out airbnb.

Lough Erne Resort sort of interested me with the G8 history but reviews were not glowing.

I was in Birmingham a few weeks back on a lads weekend and I said never again. The money spent was ridiculous. I still could not resist giving in and booking Aintree for the Grand National. I have pretty much decided I wont leave the Eurozone for a summer holiday with maybe the exception of Asia.
                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Ireland..Just a one night get away really.
                  Just got back from the G in Galway. If its with herself your going, she will love it. Complete ladies hotel, very pink and fancy.
                  I enjoyed it anyway, would go again. Plus its Galway and Galway is class tbf.

Comment

Ya I would agree with airbnb as the way forward although I have not yet used it. I think this time since sticking Ireland and it is a first get away id like to stick to a hotel. Il probably be looking rural aswell which kind of rules out airbnb.

Lough Erne Resort sort of interested me with the G8 history but reviews were not glowing.

I was in Birmingham a few weeks back on a lads weekend and I said never again. The money spent was ridiculous. I still could not resist giving in and booking Aintree for the Grand National. I have pretty much decided I wont leave the Eurozone for a summer holiday with maybe the exception of Asia.
                    Be sure to sign up via a link like the one in my sig m8. (Y)

Comment

Just watched Unbroken, brilliant,!!!!

Bet ye hated it
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

Bet ye hated it
                        I enjoyed it anyway.

SPOILER
                        But fuck forgiving Bird and letting him live. I would have hunted that fucker down and killed him slowly with a vegetable peeler. He is a much better man than I.
                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I enjoyed it anyway.

SPOILER
                          But fuck forgiving Bird and letting him live. I would have hunted that fucker down and killed him slowly with a vegetable peeler. He is a much better man than I.
                          Ah sure I was bawling at the end of it,vino does that lol
                          Her sky-ness
                          © 5starpool

Comment

I disagree. A cursory look on airbnb shows some lovely apts and cottages in cork for 80 per night. Go for a really nice meal and get two nights away for 250 imo.

Or hit Aldridge lodge (I am a complete shill for Aldridge lodge) and you'll really impress her. A fantastic meal and accomodation for ~200.

Gotta go asleep. Sleep patterns all screwed up from driving and break away. 6.15am gym session looking increasingly unlikely!! Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

Bet ye hated it
                              Was funking for the torturer after an hour. Awful shite.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

If your looking for something rural these two are worth thinking about Gregans in the Burren near Ballyvaughan and Ard na Sidhe near Killorglin in Kerry. The later is a proper rural get away inclusive of nothing for miles around and no mobile phone coverage. If you choose either it's worth having dinner...

Comment

Originally posted by Western_Sean View Post
                                  If your looking for something rural these two are worth thinking about Gregans in the Burren near Ballyvaughan and Ard na Sidhe near Killorglin in Kerry. The later is a proper rural get away inclusive of nothing for miles around and no mobile phone coverage. If you choose either it's worth having dinner...
                                  +1 for Gregans. Beautiful spot and lovely food.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                    What's a typical mortgage rate?.
                                    Depends on a number of factors but the median rate is probably around 4% these days. (Unless you happen to be on a tracker and then it's more like 1% but these do not exist anymore save for legacy books)

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      Depends on a number of factors but the median rate is probably around 4% these days. (Unless you happen to be on a tracker and then it's more like 1% but these do not exist anymore save for legacy books)
                                      4.5%

Is there any word on the ruling against dankse bank for pushing up rates for variable rate mortgage holders that's sitting in the appeals court at the moment?
                                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                        4.5%

Is there any word on the ruling against dankse bank for pushing up rates for variable rate mortgage holders that's sitting in the appeals court at the moment?
                                        There's a big tbread on it on askaboutmoney

Haven't read it myself yet.

Comment

Mrs looking to move house. Saying goodbye to my tracker will be painful.
                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                            Tell her no m8. What's for breakfast?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Have you been offered a sum from your bank to come off it on the past?

Can you still? Or would that require you to go fixed for a few years and scupper your moving plans?

Comment

Don't bother with any of the Dublin ones anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                    I had been taking zods suggestion and embraced a mullalley free lifestyle, thanks for ruining it.

Comment

There's a big tbread on it on askaboutmoney

Haven't read it myself yet.
                                                      Any chance of a link? I can only find a shortish one.
                                                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                        Any chance of a link? I can only find a shortish one.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                          We need to sticky this or something. Or create a guru movement with this as the base mantra.
                                                          I think V would be an ideal guru:
                                                          • Doesn't imbibe mood-altering substances, thus more credible
                                                            Fanatical views on diet and attire, which he inculcates in his followers (fucker has cost me a fortune in new clothing)
                                                            Willing to resort to extreme violence if provoked
                                                            Proven oratorical abilities

Ticks all the guru boxes imo

Comment

Response from EBS:

Hi Raoul

Many thanks for your e-mail.*

In order to query this you will need to contact your local EBS office and speak to a mortgage advisor. I attach below a link to our office network for your convenience*

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any further queries

Kind Regards,

Support Gimp
                                                            Internet Support
                                                            I have countered with:

Hi Support Gimp

Thanks for the quick reply. Without any indication from you as to your response however, this doesn't strike me as a good use of my time so I will proceed with switching unless I hear from you directly before the end of the week.

Regards,

Raoul
                                                            Let's see where this goes

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                              Tell her no m8. What's for breakfast?
                                                              She has her heart set on it unfortunately. The 20% might save me for another year. A coffee and a doughnut (normally a banana)
                                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Support Gimp pushes back!

Hi Raoul

Many thanks*

Unfortunately under the Consumer Protection Code we are not qualified to give and advice or quotes on any rates. therefore you will need to speak to a qualified mortgage advisor in your EBS office.*

Kind Regards,

Support Gimp
                                                                Internet Support
                                                                I play the grouch:

Hi Support gimp

I'm sure you could ask one of your qualified mortgage advisors to call me. I don't have spare time to be going to your offices. Over to you...

Regards,

Raoul
                                                                Support Gimp crumbles!

Hi Raoul

Many thanks*

If you can kindly confirm where your local office is I can then forward your e-mail to them to get them to call you*

Kind Regards,

Support Gimp
                                                                Internet Support
                                                                Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 25-03-15, 10:46.

Comment

Response from EBS:

I have countered with:

Let's see where this goes
                                                                  What did you say to UPC when you called them? I've just got tv and broadband with no sports channels or anything. Paying €85p/m. Would I have a chance of getting much of a reduction? Absolutely useless at stuff like this.
                                                                  Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                    Have you been offered a sum from your bank to come off it on the past?

Can you still? Or would that require you to go fixed for a few years and scupper your moving plans?
                                                                    I am with BOS (Certus) they have not offered anything. If I can buy out of it for €130k-€150k I would (pending availability of cash). If I can get the money together I will go to them.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                      What did you say to UPC when you called them? I've just got tv and broadband with no sports channels or anything. Paying €85p/m. Would I have a chance of getting much of a reduction? Absolutely useless at stuff like this.
                                                                      Thanks.
                                                                      Gist of it was "I'm off. Your move".

Comment

She has her heart set on it unfortunately. The 20% might save me for another year. A coffee and a doughnut (normally a banana)
                                                                        Why the doughnut today m8?

I had sausage rolls (normally eggs) got to the canteen too l8 doh.

Comment

The above email exchange provides an interesting insight into the bank's concept of where customers exist in their hierarchy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                            ffs
                                                                            u ok hun?

Comment

Bring her to the shop on a busy night

Open the safe and take out the money

Ask her what she thinks off that

Then tell her how many days it will take ye to piss it away by moving

Cash visuals are pure deadly!

And yes Elbows, I am single

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                                u ok hun?

Thanking this post wasn't enough.
                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                  Why the doughnut today m8?

I had sausage rolls (normally eggs) got to the canteen too l8 doh.
                                                                                  I had a meeting and there was doughnuts there.

Comment

Fanatical views on diet and attire, which he inculcates in his followers (fucker has cost me a fortune in new clothing)

Lol. I gave a speech recently entitled "In search of mastery" that was well received. That could form the basis for my movement!

It was very simple. A 3 step program if you will.

Pursue things you are curious/interested in. Because fuck wasting time getting marginally better at things you don't like. There is lots to like our there.

Become a self directed learner (ie question the conventional wisdom and take the bits that make sense to you and challenge the bits that don't)

Be willing to make an absolute tit of yourself. Look foolish, go back to basics and take big risks repeatedly and learn from them.

Comment

Lol. I gave a speech recently entitled "In search of mastery" that was well received. That could form the basis for my movement!

It was very simple. A 3 step program if you will.

Pursue things you are curious/interested in. Because fuck wasting time getting marginally better at things you don't like. There is lots to like our there.

Become a self directed learner (ie question the conventional wisdom and take the bits that make sense to you and challenge the bits that don't)

Be willing to make an absolute tit of yourself. Look foolish, go back to basics and take big risks repeatedly and learn from them.
                                                                                      Psst, I've been doing all of this for years, particularly the last thing, and my life's mostly been in the shitter.
                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Too much to like, you got to specialise a little but remember that as long as you are able to compromise there is always a way to fit something you like doing with something you can make a living at.
                                                                                        First part is just about putting in the time and doing the work... second part is very hard.

This is huge, asides from that you'll never get anything done if you don't try, it is also a great filter for rooting out the morons who mock your trying in the first place and the idiot haters who only see the failures.
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Thanks.
                                                                                          If it helps I'm getting TV / broadband + Sky Sports for €83 a month from them, so theres definitely scope for a reduction.
                                                                                          Sounds like you are on the standard price list, aka the mug list.

Comment

Sinn Féin Hiring Extra Staff To Keep Up With Gerry Adams Denials
                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Thanks.
                                                                                              Tell them to go suck a lemon.

I had a meeting and there was doughnuts there.
                                                                                              Sounds good, pencil me in for the next one.

Comment

That NUS conference is quite something.

Comment

Relax and getaway from it all with a break at The Heritage. Book your own kind of perfect overnight break now.

I have stayed here great 5*hotel

Comment

Suitable link

wow

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                      It gets better

Originally posted by The Backbencher
                                                                                                      Get Paid for not Working

Let’s take a peek at Motion 302 on their radical agenda… The Introduction of a “Universal Basic Income” paid for by the Taxpayer. This motion is proposing that everyone from street cleaner to top city lawyer be paid exactly the same, regardless of how hard they work. It also seems to treat owning a mobile phone and Internet access as though it’s some sort of basic human right. I’m sure that this all makes fiscal sense…

Motion 302

Adding up the total, we came to a figure just short of £1,500 per month for a person living in London.

Abolishment of Prisons

How about we have a look at their domestic agenda instead. Wouldn’t it be so much better if we just allowed Rapists and Murderers to run around free rather than sticking them in fortresses of oppression? How about we give the Yorkshire Ripper a slap on the wrist and send him on his way again. In Motion 308 the NUS Women’s conference actually endorses the closing of Britain’s prison system. And don’t worry, in the mean time we can all write letters of solidarity to those poor misunderstood criminals locked in our evil “Prison Industrial Complex”.

Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Is there a race to become the minor-est minority?

This is mad Ted.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                          Is there a race to become the minor-est minority?

This is mad Ted.
                                                                                                          Yes, yes there is:

Comment

What was it Churchill said, ah yes.....

"Anyone who is 20 and not a liberal, has no heart. Anyone who is 40 and not a conservative, has no brain."

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                              Yes, yes there is:

Next year I'm submitting something similar about the attire of lumberjacks being appropriated.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                                Originally posted by The Introduction of a “Universal [u
                                                                                                                Basic[/u] Income” paid for by the Taxpayer. This motion is proposing that everyone from street cleaner to top city lawyer be paid exactly the same, regardless of how hard they work.
                                                                                                                The first part is contradictory to the second.

I recall it being floated here years ago as an concept that would seriously simplify the tax system/save money by doing such. We pretty much already have it except in a disjointed and bureaucratic manner.
                                                                                                                Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 25-03-15, 13:50.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                  Yes, yes there is:

Hey, us hetros can do this too, sister. mmmh.

Comment

I finally had a flight booked a few days ago to go see Liverpool play vs Newcastle on Monday, April 13th.

I've been a long suffering LFC fan the guts of 26 years+, yet haven't been to Anfield.

Then today I get told of an impromptu group presentation on the same day which will count towards two modules, scheduled just before the time of my flight. There aren't any flights I could get that would work.

I think it might be time to support another club.

Comment

Next year I'm submitting something similar about the attire of lumberjacks being appropriated.
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Yeah but does he have his name on the side of a building?

Comment

Clarkson gone. Beautiful day. Oisin tymon is a national hero, should get an open top bus victory parade next time he's home. Hope to buy him a steak someday

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X