• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
        Chez Hans in Cashel is genuinely special. Also and I cannot stress this enough, Tipperary has some of the best restaurants in Ireland. Some real hidden gems including Daniel Day Lewis' favourite restaurant where the owner hand writes every menu in calligraphy each night.

Stay in Killaloe in Clare which is just over the border or Terryglass or Garykennedy for some good water sport/restaurant/quaint local pub scene combos.

Killaloe in Clare is beautiful too and Keith Wood just opened a massive park there with amenities for the kids too just by the lake.
        Aw chez hans my first boyfriend, son obv. He bought me my first swatch watch way back in 86.we used to sneak into the big fridge and do bad things with chocolate desserts on our lunch break lol Jason matthias I think was his name. Fine bit of stuff he was!
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

Too tired to watch GoT.

Comment

Hotspur have you read The Examined Life, How we lose and find ourselves by Stephen Grosz? Thoughts?

Comment

Have you eaten in McNean house?

How much do you want to spend/what do you want for the health insurance. Kinda varies a lot. Went mental looking at it before. hia.ie very good for comparison
              Finally picked one but mostly jsut did cos that's what work were covering and seemed the best at that price point anyway + laziness.
              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 13-04-15, 22:05.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                Too tired to watch GoT.
                I'm absolutely bolloxed emotionally and physically and I'm about to go for a 10k run, I think ye can watch yer little dragons and swords show.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                  @RD. The Old Convent in Tipp is great for a night away meal. Food deserves a star.
                  Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  I refuse to stay in any county that has no coastline. Generally full of zombies and worse.
                  It is located in the most depressing backward town in Ireland.

Last edited by tipp86; 13-04-15, 22:08.
                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                    Hotspur have you read The Examined Life, How we lose and find ourselves by Stephen Grosz? Thoughts?
                    No I haven't. 99% sure it would tilt the bejasus out of me if I did, as I have a vague feeling that all psychoanalysts should be shot. I genuinely get angry at every psychoanalytic case study I ever read.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                      I'm absolutely bolloxed emotionally and physically and I'm about to go for a 10k run, I think ye can watch yer little dragons and swords show.
                      That can't be healthy. The risk of rape must be pretty high wherever you jog if you live close to Stoneybatter. And you're a vegan too, which is almost asking for it. You might inadvertently improve your 100m time.

Comment

I refuse to stay in any county that has no coastline. Generally full of zombies and worse.
                        Solid life advice, non coastline counties should just be abandoned, thin out the people who won't move by selling human hunting trips to rich foreigners
                        Last edited by Guest; 13-04-15, 22:36.

Comment

Vincent browne show should just be him wandering around rural towns with his microphone all the time

Comment

No I haven't. 99% sure it would tilt the bejasus out of me if I did, as I have a vague feeling that all psychoanalysts should be shot. I genuinely get angry at every psychoanalytic case study I ever read.

Ha! Touche. I was really enjoying it, then read one passage, that tilted me to death, cant face going back to it.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 13-04-15, 22:48.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                Solid life advice, non coastline counties should just be abandoned, thin out the people who won't move by selling human hunting trips to rich foreigners
                                Ireland is a cultural donut, all the sugar is on the outside and there is a big hole in the middle

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                  €5,000 a month for here. Ils prennent la pisse. What the fck.

That is a sick place tbf. How much do we think you'd need to earn to justify €60k per annum on rent? I think the percentage of the resident population who could justify it is very small indeed.
                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

@ RDIII, have you ever gone to Kelly's in Roslare? It's the nut family hotel according to my brother and his young kids (4 & 6) who are in love with the place.
                                    http://www.kellys.ie/hotel-overview.html#
                                    Lovely family hotel and great spot but food is poor unfortunately.

They also managed to piss me off though once when the kids club organised a water balloon fight on the beach. They must've thrown 50 or a 100 balloons which looked like great fun for everyone concerned, but then they returned to the hotel leaving plastic everywhere on the beach, and never bothered to pick up up. Mess was still there the next day. People working there couldn't give a shit.

Comment

Comment

That place is pretty shit imo? It's purely a location price. I mean it could be completely refurbished and somebody with an ounce of style could make it good. They say this is it newly refurbished though? looks like a 80s throwback.

That can't be healthy. The risk of rape must be pretty high wherever you jog if you live close to Stoneybatter. And you're a vegan too, which is almost asking for it. You might inadvertently improve your 100m time.
                                        Back now, didn't get raped and all the men and women I met thought I would rape them so good run all in all.

I mostly took up this late night / early morning running because joggers get all the action. Haven't found a dead body yet but the odds are in my favour.

Comment

Young friendly unassuming lad in college has been diagnosed with lymph cancer. It's a weird mad old world, he's only a pup.
                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

74/100 on Google's Pony Express
                                            Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Comment

Vincent browne show should just be him wandering around rural towns with his microphone all the time
                                              In an Irish FOX News style of reporting.

That would be a subscription channel.

Comment

€5,000 a month for here. Ils prennent la pisse. What the fck.

Most of the first page of daft is much of a muchness, there's nothing really there you'd be running to get if you somehow suddenly had 60-100k to spend on rent.

wtf is this:

And 100k PA for this?

Comment

Reading a Reddit thread about GoT being leaked. Conspiracies about Scientology getting HBO back for the Going Clear doc/film. Class comment a bit down, genuine lol.

''The Travoltas send their regards''

Time to watch those episodes.

Comment

Italian at least sounds vaguely like it reads

Spanish is stupid. 'Vale' somehow comes out as Bali. dafuq

then they do all that lisping shit, although at least it has an interesting backstory
                                                    V has a sound between a V and a B, and "e" doesn't sound like our "e", as in egg, the spanish "e" sounds like our "ay". So Vale sounds like Balay. (or ballet if you want to be a french cunt)

Don't know about the lisping backstory but the rule I was taught was a "c" followed by an A an E or an I sounds like a "TH".

So Gracias is not Grakias or Grasias, it's Grathias.

Murcia is Murthia

Barcelona is Barthelona.

It get's funnier when there's also a letter "z" in the word, which is also pronounced "TH".

So the Spanish word for beer is cerveza, which is pronounced "therbetha"

As in "dos therbethas por fabor" (dos cervezas por favor) - don't forget the V is a B.
                                                    Last edited by gorrrr72; 14-04-15, 07:16. Reason: plural

Comment

Comment

Step 1: See article title "Gardaí labelled 'animals' by water charge protesters as footage of 'bloodied' woman emerges"

Step 2: *doubt* *reads article*

Step 3: In the words of our fine upstanding protectors 'nothing to see here, move along'

Maybe there's a tiny bit of doubt, but if you had the unfortunate affliction of being a betting man, you'd be only betting one way.

The thing is: they're making their petty little point with all this stuff, but those gardai are there having to defend themselves against very serious accusations. While most of us have nothing to do with anything violent in our jobs, imagine, as a corollary, having to put up with fending off constant sexual harassment accusations in work and the stress that would cause?
                                                        They haven't done themselves any favours by historically being both violent and without a shred of integrity.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                            They haven't done themselves any favours by historically being both violent and without a shred of integrity.
                                                            The Gardaí or the water protestors?

Comment

Clearly the Sinn Fein / IRA thugs and their buddies the posh kid Murphy fanboys broke the door down as they said would and the stupid cunt got cut by the broken glass.
                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Feel sorry for the GOT freeloaders , another 4 weeks till a new episode. Tut tut. #goodthingscometothosewhowait

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    Clearly the Sinn Fein / IRA thugs and their buddies the posh kid Murphy fanboys broke the door down as they said would and the stupid cunt got cut by the broken glass.
                                                                    nah, clearly they both broke the door. The video shows it! Two people pulling on different edges of a sheet of glass.

My sympathy levels are at a historical low at this stage.

Comment

@ RDIII, have you ever gone to Kelly's in Roslare? It's the nut family hotel according to my brother and his young kids (4 & 6) who are in love with the place.
                                                                      http://www.kellys.ie/hotel-overview.html#
                                                                      Yes. It's grand but we tend to rent places rather than stay in hotels for lebensraum purposes.
                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

How can you be pro water charges/laughing at protesters but anti paying for entertainment?

Comment

Comment

duvet day

Comment

...

Comment

How can you be pro water charges/laughing at protesters but anti paying for entertainment?
                                                                                Fixed/Finite/Real/Physical/Excludable Good
                                                                                vs
                                                                                Intellectual Property/Infinitely Reproducible/Wholly Intangible Good

It's like asking "How can someone who likes cats not like dogs, they're both animals"?

Comment

Poor Andy, getting put in his place by Kara Scott

Comment

Oh sweet divine mother of the lamplighting jaysus...
                                                                                    Doing a ridic expensive presentation this morning up till 1 am and back at 7 am setting up. First prospect eventually arrives two hours late led by an Anglo dude who begins by doing his Irish accent ' Ah begorragh' and has now decided that that the best way to deal with the paddies is by interrupting every idea to tell us how he is already doing it better

Comment

Ah FFS! this guy actually is David Brent.

Comment

Nice lowball there for even the sleepiest morning person to be able to apply elemental logic to smash back over the net!

Perhaps we'll start by questioning the vast swathe of society that is seemingly pro water charges and work from there.
                                                                                        Still waiting for that smash return m8

Comment

Loving the new jimmy rustling psv. What's for brekkie m8?

Comment

...

Comment

Bit of a Braveheart class today. Just need no-one to ask any questions or the whole thing unravels due to an extreme lack of knowledge.

Any tricky questions then tell them that is the class essay topic you've planned. Simples.
                                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Hey all,

I usually use UTorrent on my phone to search for and download torrents. For seem reason I can't seem to find the HBO doc "Going Clear". Anyone any ideas?

Thanks.

Comment

'Leveraging what we have is only tactical, its not strategic'

Translation I am going to sit on the 1960's technology I'm already using and pretend I want to get the latest tech but I will only jump straight to the fantasy sci fi future tech that will beam money straight into my demented brain

Fuck off you fucking idiot

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                    Hey all,

I usually use UTorrent on my phone to search for and download torrents. For seem reason I can't seem to find the HBO doc "Going Clear". Anyone any ideas?

Thanks.

Comment

Would like to be at this meeting with some popcorn and fizzy pop, pulling faces at strewel while the establishment tilt him.

Comment

Chess Grandmaster Used Phone In Toilet To Cheat

Comment

Just dawned on me last night that Ken Cosgrove's eye patch is a nod to David Ogilvy.
                                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Doing a ridic expensive presentation this morning up till 1 am and back at 7 am setting up. First prospect eventually arrives two hours late led by an Anglo dude who begins by doing his Irish accent ' Ah begorragh' and has now decided that that the best way to deal with the paddies is by interrupting every idea to tell us how he is already doing it better
                                                                                                            Wheres he from?

Tell him that him doing THAT accent is offensive to Irish people

When he gets arsey, ask him to put on an accent when dealing with black Africans (you still in Africa right?)

When he refuses, ask him what he has against black people and why won't he include them in the "fun time"

Works a treat for me with de Engerlish

*If he is black, just give him the look, he will understand pretty quickly what a twat he is being

**the above only to be used when you really want to put someone back in their box
                                                                                                            Last edited by Guest; 14-04-15, 09:31.

Comment

Feel sorry for the GOT freeloaders , another 4 weeks till a new episode. Tut tut. #goodthingscometothosewhowait
                                                                                                              If the missus offered you a BJ now or in four weeks............

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                That place is pretty shit imo? It's purely a location price. I mean it could be completely refurbished and somebody with an ounce of style could make it good. They say this is it newly refurbished though? looks like a 80s throwback.
                                                                                                                I was particularly impressed with the cramped dining area, the pic where it showed the tight space to get past the sink into the bathroom and the shitty views of the corner of roofs and bits of trees
                                                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 14-04-15, 09:43.

Comment

While I don't agree with her, it was nice to hear Breda o'Brien wipe the floor with that smarmy Chris lad on Newstalk this morning.

Comment

seems he just needs to update his Irish colloquialism

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                      If the missus offered you a BJ now or in four weeks............
                                                                                                                      I'd say no thanks,I'll have a BJ per week for the next 12 weeks
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Guest; 14-04-15, 09:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                        While I don't agree with her, it was nice to hear Breda o'Brien wipe the floor with that smarmy Chris lad on Newstalk this morning.
                                                                                                                        Cliffs

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                                                                          Poor Andy, getting put in his place by Kara Scott
                                                                                                                          I still don't get the joke. I'm trying to be humble here but asking a feminist explain something is like showing a red flag to a bull.

Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 14-04-15, 09:43.
                                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X