This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
    4 very uncompetitive Quarters. Semi's gotta deliver surely, look mouth watering on paper.
    As much as I enjoy cricket, believe me I do... It can fuck off now so we can focus on two cracking games of rugby. While obv would love ire to hammer the shit out of Scotland, I fear we will only win by 10 - 14 points. Hopefully shaaaarp boys can do us a solid... But it will be a tense game to watch. Having nightmares of England scoring an 80th min try to win the six nations by 1 point on points difference
    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Better England than Wales imo

Comment

Does winning the championship (without it being a slam) really matter a fuck in world cup year. Like if we win it today but bow out of the WC with our usual QF whimper the year will still go down as a poor one

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
          Does winning the championship (without it being a slam) really matter a fuck in world cup year. Like if we win it today but bow out of the WC with our usual QF whimper the year will still go down as a poor one
          Not losing today's game has to be the objective imo. I'm now worried that - the myth of Schmidt having being shattered last week - we're on course for another typical Ireland WC. A win today and solid warm up matches are required to rebuild momentum.
          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Can never win enough 6 nations titles. We have spent too many barren years in rugby wilderness. If we win, it would be brilliant... Come on, two titles back to back will be awesome and give us that bit more confidence.

Being able to say we won 12 out of 13 games or whatever it is would be a great confidence boost. Losing to Wales in their backyard is no shame in itself as Wales are a great team themselves which people tend to forget.
            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
              Not losing today's game has to be the objective imo. I'm now worried that - the myth of Schmidt having being shattered last week - we're on course for another typical Ireland WC. A win today and solid warm up matches are required to rebuild momentum.
              Myth... What myth? He is a great coach. One loss doesn't change that ffs

Comment

It's our championship, of course it matters. It cements our status as a top team,
                we have never been this good. Despite the shite spouted on here, we were the better team in many aspects last week and the palpable disappointment is in paralell with how much we've improved. I think it's great that we have an international team that can now compete with the best in the world. Only the All Blacks (WC bottlers) are a class above us. If we bow out I'm sure we'll do it on the front foot as opposed to the O'Gara inspired back feet. Down with this sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                  Can never win enough 6 nations titles. We have spent too many barren years in rugby wilderness. If we win, it would be brilliant... Come on, two titles back to back will be awesome and give us that bit more confidence.

Being able to say we won 12 out of 13 games or whatever it is would be a great confidence boost. Losing to Wales in their backyard is no shame in itself as Wales are a great team themselves which people tend to forget.
                  you are a good egg, happy easter .

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                    GudJaysus.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                      They closed the bar last week, announced several times absolutely no flash photography, if you leave for a piss...come back during a break....i got 2 blurry pics from the balcony, everyone sat in awe and amazement, they say never meet your heroes, i was so scared he was passed it. I am so so glad i went, one of the best performances ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1PNO5RGtog
                      Despite the throat operations and his age, he sounds good. It must have been great to be in such a small venue with a legend like that. Saw Neil Young there years ago, tickets were impossible to get and it was like and Audience with..

How terribly strange to be seventy...

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                        Myth... What myth? He is a great coach. One loss doesn't change that ffs
                        He sure is, but I genuinely thought he was a messiah that was going to mastermind us all the way to the WC final given the way we'd been grinding teams out during the Autumn and in the Championship so far. I have NEVER been as confident in Irish Rugby as I was before kickoff last Saturday.

But Wales socked us in the mouth and highlighted our shortcomings. Very bearish on our WC chances right now - we are who they thought we were.
                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Wales the bet of the of the day at 6/1.
                          The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

The world cup run starts here. Lukey to have a flyer today. Beat the scots by 20 and hopefully that's enough. We'll build every game from here to the WC.

I'm in the top tier far corner of murrayfield today. Looking forward to it.
                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                              Can't see them beating Italy by 40 personally, which is the probably what they need to be in with a chance.

No idea which France will show up. We need a st Andre boycott at this stage. Get someone positive for the wc. Never happen though.

I hope Scotland plays some expansive rugby and don't get bogged down by the negative but effective rugby Ireland are playing at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                The world cup run starts here. Lukey to have a flyer today. Beat the scots by 20 and hopefully that's enough. We'll build every game from here to the WC.

I'm in the top tier far corner of murrayfield today. Looking forward to it.
                                More likely to overrun the ball and get injured.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                  Can't see them beating Italy by 40 personally, which is the probably what they need to be in with a chance.

No idea which France will show up. We need a st Andre boycott at this stage. Get someone positive for the wc. Never happen though.

I hope Scotland plays some expansive rugby and don't get bogged down by the negative but effective rugby Ireland are playing at the moment.
                                  They the Italian were nilled by France were very ppor against us.
                                  No parisse is worth 15 points to Wales imo.
                                  Thnk they could score s shedload of trys if they get there back decent ball.

Comment

Wales -25 all in then?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                      Any team with Hartley in it deserves proper opprobium. When you add in Ashton......
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Wales -25 all in then?
                                        Be shocked if they dont cover that.
                                        Where are italians gonna score points?
                                        Ffs Bergamasco is as old as you Kev.
                                        Last edited by Guest; 21-03-15, 12:56.

Comment

That's a terrible bet when it's the shortest they've been for a week. 9/1 and 8/1, yeah, but waiting until the day and taking 6/1 be crazy.

Comment

Flushdraw had them 8\1. Thought that was a cracking bet myself as I can't see either ourself or England running up big margins.

Italians could well be in full-on surrender mode by half time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                              Poor fecker

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                1/6 on the Friday night tournament on Paddy Power. Table freezes players can still chat but no cards and then bumped out and now can't log in to the software at all. 500 up top. So angry. Live support useless.
                                                Same happened on Boyles at 12.45 when we went from 19 to 18 left in the deepstack. When it came back, they took the 5 minute break just after 1.

Comment

Italy 10 out? Do they even have another at this stage?

Comment

The miracle French 6N championship would be the funniest set of results.

Comment

That Italian lad probably hits a lovely raking crossfield ball on a Sunday morning but I wouldn't fancy him kicking a rugby ball between two sticks

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                        The miracle French 6N championship would be the funniest set of results.
                                                        There's a tiny possibility France beats England, same for Scotland beating Ireland, but not a hope in hell this Italian side beats Wales.

Comment

Lol soccer ball. Wrong man sent off again

Comment

Need stick to cricket imo

Comment

Still don't understand why mark-up goes on the rake too.

Comment

Another $14-$34 million goes walkabout in a bitcoin exit scam.
                                                                Evo marketplace admins basically did a bunk with the miney
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                  Still don't understand why mark-up goes on the rake too.
                                                                  Fan boys with more money than sense.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                    Fan boys with more bitcoin equity than sense.
                                                                    fyp imo
                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Floodgates

Comment

20 minutes to go

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          20 minutes to go
                                                                          Could be record breaking at this stage after a very solid first half by italy

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                            Italians could well be in full-on surrender mode by half time.
                                                                            In full retreat from the battlefield.

Comment

The best thing for us is if the Welsh put on another 12 - 14 points. Then there will be no room for anything but flat out attack.

Comment

In full retreat from the battlefield.
                                                                                `How did the romans have such a huge empire?

Comment

Ex
                                                                                  The best thing for us is if the Welsh put on another 12 - 14 points. Then there will be no room for anything but flat out attack.
                                                                                  Your 14 forwards are ready for the challenge!
                                                                                  Last edited by shrapnel; 21-03-15, 14:04.

Comment

That's Ireland fucked now yeah?

Comment

`How did the romans have such a huge empire?
                                                                                      Squad full of soccerballers

Comment

Thats enough now. Time for the Italians to come back on.

Comment

Some try tbf. Wales winning the championship in style.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                            That's Ireland fucked now yeah?
                                                                                            Not at all we always needed a 25 point win today. Its just official now.

Comment

Kick the pints italy please.

Comment

Wow

Comment

Kick the pints italy please.
                                                                                                  FFS!

Comment

Not at all we always needed a 25 point win today. Its just official now.
                                                                                                    How bout now m8?

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                                      How bout now m8?
                                                                                                      Its a big ask now m8

Comment

Lol, was bout to post was Ireland value @7s now!
                                                                                                        12s in Ladbrokes
                                                                                                        https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

massive try from Italy, could make all the difference

Edit : And the conversion!

Comment

For my tea today, I shall mostly be eating sherbert.

Comment

LOL

The face on Gatland

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                massive try from Italy, could make all the difference

Edit : And the conversion!
                                                                                                                England only potential danger to Wales imo but 1\5 shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                  That Italian lad probably hits a lovely raking crossfield ball on a Sunday morning but I wouldn't fancy him kicking a rugby ball between two sticks
                                                                                                                  Lovely raking crossfield ball there at the end

Comment

Cheesy Rigatoni eating surrender monkeys

Comment

England only potential danger to Wales imo but 1\5 shots.
                                                                                                                      In my limited knowledge Ireland have a better chance racking up a big score v Scotland than England v France Shirley?
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

I really don't like that fucking terrible song being introduced as the national anthem

Couldn't even bother writing a few fucking decent verses to go with the shitty chorus

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                          In my limited knowledge Ireland have a better chance racking up a big score v Scotland than England v France Shirley?
                                                                                                                          Na m8, Scotlands wingbacks like to push up in the scrum and lineouts and Ireland have always had trouble with these sort of tactics.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X