This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oleras View Post
    It was sitting in my inbox this morning for me.

Im not too sure...
    SPOILER

This was the original.

SPOILER
    That is pretty decent. Although it does make you look like a game show host. It is better than Hitches in fairness.

Some people just look better in yellow than others.
    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
      Mine was shite too.

from fiverr.com Tar
      Cut out the middleman for mine

SPOILER

Comment

tick tock
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
          Thanks I'll have a look.

This is class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oht9AEq1798
          Thanks to jokes like this, everyone thinks my allergies are made up. Had the head waiter at a Lebanese place in town a few weeks ago spend 5 minutes telling me all about how their entire menu is gluten free. I had asked him about dairy. When I told him I don't give a fuck about gluten, it's milk I have issues with, he said the entire menu was dairy free too.

When I said "What about the desserts?" he said " Oh they all have cream in them." "But you just said the entire menu was dairy free!" says I. He rolled his eyes and in the most patronising tone possible said "You can't have desserts without milk". Then he told me all about the gluten free menu again. Oh and dairy too. "The entire menu is dairy free", he says again. "Except the desserts", I said. He laughed.

So I tried to order a plate of gluten. He didn't laugh.
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Fussy eater m8.
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Advice needed

Really need a bit of advice as to what's my next move here

Bought a laptop just under 2 years ago. Yesterday, it decided to refuse to load windows (this also happened last year and they put a new HDD in). I call samsung support today, we try a few things, but no joy, it looks like the PC needs to go in for repair. As it's out of warranty, they want to make me pay for it. i invoke european law 99/44/EC stating automatic 2 year warranty, so first line support sends me on to customer services to get the repair ticket.

Consumer services call me back saying no dice, they won't fix it for free. warranty was only for 1 year.

What's my play here? do i chase the seller (dabs) or the manufacturer (samsung) and how do i get them to fix it or replace it? really up shit creek here as desperately need my PC every day.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                Previous idea before that was Sydney/Cairns/Darwin (been to Sydney, but 13 years ago).
                Do not under any circumstances spend any significant amount of time in Darwin. It is the complete and utter nut cunt place. Get in, go to Kakadu National park and get the fuck out!

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                Outlook? Open sent message and go to actions > recall this message..
                The first thing I do when I see an e-mail recalling an e-mail is to open and read the original e-mail. there is always going to be something good in there.

Comment

Any way to change Aer Lingus flights without paying the charge?

Comment

Booked the honeymoon anyhow. After almost pulling the trigger on a South Africa trip, we decided to backtrack and booked 17 days split between Hawaii and Vancouver. Might have a couple of nights in either Settle or in the Canadian mountains as well while in the area.

A bit late, but decided to not let the exchange rate get any worse and ordered 2k in usd and cad for the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Bought a laptop just under 2 years ago. Yesterday, it decided to refuse to load windows (this also happened last year and they put a new HDD in).
                      Same laptop?

How long since they put in new HDD?

Does year warranty 'recommence' from new HDD, I would be saying I was 'told' the new HDD had a years warranty and store obliged to replace?

I would think you can still claim it was of poor quality in reference to the durability aspect if you could 'prove it wasnt your fault and laptops are expected to last 2yrs'

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        I think we have to get drunk for Eurovision Day. Anything to keep you from last years shenanigans it should be a full-on day though. Clearly DP, LSB, will be part, but who else?
                        Eurovision could by my IPB stags tbf
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                          I sadly took the last 2 years off from Eurovision, didn't see the second last one and tuned in just to watch last years, which was a mistake as there was money on the table with that bearded lass who actually had the best song of the lot.

I was taking a look/listen to some of the offerings the other night and looking at the betting market, well the winner market.

There is so much awareness and build up these days, it feels like the days of spotting a strong contender and picking it up and decent odds is gone.

Slim pickings so far:

The Swedish is a shite song imo, with clever staging, other people may not find the guy as punchable as I:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Italy, who have knocked at the door one or two times of late are second favourite currently (they were fav till sweden announced the winner of their marathon selection process)

It's no Loreen

Italy have an operatic type song, in Italian:

All rights goes to the rightful owner/s to the song in this video.The group "Il volo" will represent Italy at the Eurovision Song Contest 2015 in Vienna, Aus...

It sort of sounds like an Italian sung bond theme.

I'd say you'd have to go back quite a way to find the last non-english sung winner. Let us not forgot the French opera type song a couple of years ago that was odds on favourite and got absolutely nowhere.
                          I can't see any live versions of it, maybe if the I-talians sell it and have good staging they can pull it off. Fucked if I know.

This is the 3rd or 4th favorite. It's shite, but perhaps the type the type shite that could win.

They could work at not having the worst chemistry ever, and your man looking like a young bored David Bowie is waiting on a bus.
                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The rest are 14/1 to 300/1+ so perhaps there is some serious value in there that is going to sweep to victory.
                          The fun will probably be in the other markets as usual.
                          Finland FTW

http://bit.ly/PKN_Spotifyhttp://bit.ly/PKN_iTuneshttps://www.facebook.com/PerttiKurikanNimipaivatOhjaus: Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät & Gabi HakanenKuvaus: J-P ...
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                            You eat sunflower spread.
                            I eat butter, delicious butter. The ants know whats up

Whats is this?

Butter for ANTS?
                            Last edited by DeadParrot; 19-03-15, 14:46.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                Thanks to jokes like this, everyone thinks my allergies are made up. Had the head waiter at a Lebanese place in town a few weeks ago spend 5 minutes telling me all about how their entire menu is gluten free. I had asked him about dairy. When I told him I don't give a fuck about gluten, it's milk I have issues with, he said the entire menu was dairy free too.

When I said "What about the desserts?" he said " Oh they all have cream in them." "But you just said the entire menu was dairy free!" says I. He rolled his eyes and in the most patronising tone possible said "You can't have desserts without milk". Then he told me all about the gluten free menu again. Oh and dairy too. "The entire menu is dairy free", he says again. "Except the desserts", I said. He laughed.

So I tried to order a plate of gluten. He didn't laugh.
                                being gluten free has serious benefits...

"I've only been gluten free for a week and I'm already annoying"

Comment

Having a ball here in Galway. Sunshine just changes everything. Such a fab safe friendly city. The cider is quite nice too
                                  SPOILER
                                  Last edited by SatNav; 19-03-15, 15:13.
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Comment

stonewell is lovely cider

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                          stonewell is lovely cider
                                          Was looking for koppenborg and she had none so gave me a, sample of stonewall. So Appley. 5.5% on my second and half shot here!
                                          Her sky-ness
                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Cider is apple flavoured heartburn.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                              Was looking for koppenborg and she had none so gave me a, sample of stonewall. So Appley. 5.5% on my second and half shot here!
                                              Little Island or Tempted? cider is the nut Irish cider

Comment

Booked the honeymoon anyhow. After almost pulling the trigger on a South Africa trip, we decided to backtrack and booked 17 days split between Hawaii and Vancouver. Might have a couple of nights in either Settle or in the Canadian mountains as well while in the area.

A bit late, but decided to not let the exchange rate get any worse and ordered 2k in usd and cad for the trip.
                                                Any idea of what teas you might have out there?

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                They aren't amazing tbf iirc.

Got the woman a bottle of that recently, also Stonewall. Turning her into a cider wanker.

Comment

What u mean?
                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Bought a laptop just under 2 years ago. Yesterday, it decided to refuse to load windows (this also happened last year and they put a new HDD in). I call samsung support today, we try a few things, but no joy, it looks like the PC needs to go in for repair. As it's out of warranty, they want to make me pay for it. i invoke european law 99/44/EC stating automatic 2 year warranty, so first line support sends me on to customer services to get the repair ticket.

Consumer services call me back saying no dice, they won't fix it for free. warranty was only for 1 year.

What's my play here? do i chase the seller (dabs) or the manufacturer (samsung) and how do i get them to fix it or replace it? really up shit creek here as desperately need my PC every day.
                                                    First off, forget the warranty. What is relevant is EU Sale of Goods law generally, including provision that product is fit for purpose. That includes a 'durability' aspect, i.e. that it must last a certain length of time.

Those phrases aren't precisely defined, but generally the more expensive the product the longer the durability factor. So, a twenty euro kettle might be expected to last 2 years, but a 500 europ computer should last at least 5 (imo, but not far off).

You have a choice, you can require the seller to sort it out or if YOU want you can deal with the manufacturer. The seller cant say to you (regardless of the warranty), that you must deal with the manufacturer direct.

Most electrical/computer type outfits will talk to you in terms of the warranty - they aren't lying as such, but all they are referring to is the terms of their own private contract with you. The key point is though, that legally you nor they can't contract out of the much terms that are available under Sale of Goods legislation - and once you get the point across to them that you aren't talking about the 'private' contract/warranty, but rather the actual black letter law, you should get somewhere.

While the small claims court isn't a bad avenue, ever before that you can approach the Consumer rights agency (a statutory body), or EU version of same (has an office in most or all European capitals) who will take up the fight for you if you aren't getting anywhere.

P.S. Just in case it is relevant - if you bought online there is a seperate EU Directive, think its the Electronic Commerce Directive which applies the terms that would have applied (i.e. the Sale of Goods legislation) to online purchases as if they had been over the counter retail ones.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE...

Comment

There is a member called Lplate and a member named Lplated.

Mad stuff. IPB, the site that keeps on giving.

Comment

What u mean?
                                                        that there a better cider
                                                        Little Island crafted Irish Apple Cider

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post

I already knew that. But yea, we need to get them on here and sort it out, tell us stuff about themselves. We can't have this turning into another Zuutroy/Zuroph situation whereby their differing lives become a weird hybrid in my head.

Comment

I already knew that. But yea, we need to get them on here and sort it out, tell us stuff about themselves. We can't have this turning into another Zuutroy/Zuroph situation whereby their differing lives become a weird hybrid in my head.
                                                            Lplate is the father of one of the regular posters in the bbv. I am not aware of Lplated having any offspring who post here.

Comment

Any idea of what teas you might have out there?
                                                              No, but I suspect I'll be having pancakes with maple syrup for breakfast on occasion in Canadia.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                Same laptop?

How long since they put in new HDD?

Does year warranty 'recommence' from new HDD, I would be saying I was 'told' the new HDD had a years warranty and store obliged to replace?

I would think you can still claim it was of poor quality in reference to the durability aspect if you could 'prove it wasnt your fault and laptops are expected to last 2yrs'

unfortunately, the HDD broke very quickly after purchase so more than a year ago

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                Yep what this man said. I'd start making noise about small claims court as they hate publicity of that type. Its dabs who are liable.
                                                                Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                                First off, forget the warranty. What is relevant is EU Sale of Goods law generally, including provision that product is fit for purpose. That includes a 'durability' aspect, i.e. that it must last a certain length of time.

Those phrases aren't precisely defined, but generally the more expensive the product the longer the durability factor. So, a twenty euro kettle might be expected to last 2 years, but a 500 europ computer should last at least 5 (imo, but not far off).

You have a choice, you can require the seller to sort it out or if YOU want you can deal with the manufacturer. The seller cant say to you (regardless of the warranty), that you must deal with the manufacturer direct.

Most electrical/computer type outfits will talk to you in terms of the warranty - they aren't lying as such, but all they are referring to is the terms of their own private contract with you. The key point is though, that legally you nor they can't contract out of the much terms that are available under Sale of Goods legislation - and once you get the point across to them that you aren't talking about the 'private' contract/warranty, but rather the actual black letter law, you should get somewhere.

While the small claims court isn't a bad avenue, ever before that you can approach the Consumer rights agency (a statutory body), or EU version of same (has an office in most or all European capitals) who will take up the fight for you if you aren't getting anywhere.

P.S. Just in case it is relevant - if you bought online there is a seperate EU Directive, think its the Electronic Commerce Directive which applies the terms that would have applied (i.e. the Sale of Goods legislation) to online purchases as if they had been over the counter retail ones.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE...
                                                                thanks for that, i'll get on to dabs. It's an 1800 euro laptop so would definitely expect it to last 2 years if not 10!!!

Comment

Comment

McIvor's or GTFO
                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

bit dry /runs

Some of the aspalls are fecking amazeballs.
                                                                      My usual in a craft place is westons old rosie (from cask only, bottles are muck). nice non-carbonated sweet thing that's 7.3% and is like juice. Bit too easy for me to drink.

Comment

Why are people pretending cider isn't disgusting?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                          Won any competitions lately m8

Comment

Dry Normandy cider is lovely. What they sell as cider in UK and Ireland is rank.

Comment

Because some of us don't count bulmers as cider
                                                                              I think all beers are disgusting, had one or two passable ones. Some red brew dog or something.

Comment

I love cider. Not as much of a fan of the bulmers/magners cider. Got used to it over here. I drank Strongbow when I lived in Scotland. I also like Thatchers Gold which I discovered in Devon last summer.

Beer, is absolute PUKE!

Comment

What u mean?
                                                                                  Those are other craft cider brands.
                                                                                  They are really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                    I love cider. Not as much of a fan of the bulmers/magners cider. Got used to it over here. I drank Strongbow when I lived in Scotland. I also like Thatchers Gold which I discovered in Devon last summer.

Beer, is absolute PUKE!
                                                                                    Apart from the above beer I mentioned I feel sick having more than half a pint, tastes vile. A lot of people I know hate it and drink it for some "manly" reasons. A really pity I don't like it considering my father had a free supply when i was growing up and our garages was just thousands of cans and bottles of different beers with a snooker table in the middle.

Comment

Cider is the fucking nutz. Anyone who says anything different is a fucking spanner.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                        Cider is the fucking nutz. Anyone who says anything different is a fucking spanner.
                                                                                        Ice cold cider on a hot sunny day. The business!

Comment

Lplate is the father of one of the regular posters in the bbv. I am not aware of Lplated having any offspring who post here.
                                                                                          Who?
                                                                                          It starts out good, goes a bit shite then.
                                                                                          Anyhow, tentatively wondering if Finland for Top 10 @2.3 is effectively free money?

Originally posted by youtube comment
                                                                                          system of a downsyndrome

Comment

Big Bad Pat is representing Finland in the Eurovision ?

SPOILER

Comment

Who?
                                                                                              The elf

Comment

Who?
                                                                                                dobby

We can't have this turning into another Zuutroy/Zuroph situation whereby their differing lives become a weird hybrid in my head.
                                                                                                What happened Zuroph ...

Comment

If I deposit to betfair via paypal, will it show on my credit/debit statement as betfair/whatever they call themselves?

Comment

If I deposit to betfair via paypal, will it show on my credit/debit statement as betfair/whatever they call themselves?
                                                                                                    Pretty sure it does. I started using Neteller as you can just top it up and work off the balance there.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post

I like to think they are husband and wife

Pretty obvious which one has the d

Comment

For the record, Lplated isn't aware of Lplated having any offspring.

But if/when such a scenario should arise, I will ensure he is registered on here with someversion of 'dobman' or 'dobby' in his user name. Let the confusion continue.

Comment

unfortunately, the HDD broke very quickly after purchase so more than a year ago

thanks for that, i'll get on to dabs. It's an 1800 euro laptop so would definitely expect it to last 2 years if not 10!!!
                                                                                                          No problem. Should have said that all that I wrote is 'qualified' by the proviso that you didn't cause the damage to the machine.

At €1,800 you would expect 5 to 10 years as a matter of course, but slightly depending on actual usage - so if you (as most do) use a computer for a period every day, then closer to five years, if you only used now and then, well closer to 10. Law is deliberately vague on those fronts but is is absolutely 100% on the consumer side.

Other factor in your favour is that there was a prior problem with the machine, that would indicate a general lack of durability. They fixed it, so fine, but it would still raise a question mark about the product as a whole.

Final point is that they never have to offer you a refund in this scenario, it is repair or replace, unfortunately at their election unless that is unreasonable.

GL.

Comment

Anyhow, tentatively wondering if Finland for Top 10 @2.3 is effectively free money?

I cannot see how it isnt.
                                                                                                            Strong support among scandi nations and a lot of support from fans of kitch (UK, Ireland, Holland, France)

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                                                                              No problem. Should have said that all that I wrote is 'qualified' by the proviso that you didn't cause the damage to the machine.

At €1,800 you would expect 5 to 10 years as a matter of course, but slightly depending on actual usage - so if you (as most do) use a computer for a period every day, then closer to five years, if you only used now and then, well closer to 10. Law is deliberately vague on those fronts but is is absolutely 100% on the consumer side.

Other factor in your favour is that there was a prior problem with the machine, that would indicate a general lack of durability. They fixed it, so fine, but it would still raise a question mark about the product as a whole.

Final point is that they never have to offer you a refund in this scenario, it is repair or replace, unfortunately at their election unless that is unreasonable.

GL.
                                                                                                              Well it looks like the HDD isn't dead and just requires reimaging. you'd think samsung would just do it for free ffs!!!

so now on to the tech question:

can i do this myself if i don't have the windows CD? hdd is partitioned, C with os and F for everything else. Can i reimage C and save data on F ? can anyone reimage the HDD as in can i just bring it to the shop around the corner (samsung want me to send it to their guys in telford)?

Comment

While were on about unpopular statements. Tonic water is horrible. And it ruins gin. Ive wasted too many gins pretending tonic is essential like the advert campaigns keeps reminding you. Pelligrino grapefruit juice is the go to mixer or any mixer thats not tonic water.
                                                                                                                Those c&c tonic people must have something over gin companies. Its the biggest farce alliance since the war.

Comment

Someone needs to market some craft snakebite imo, gotta be a chav wanker market for it.

Comment

Well it looks like the HDD isn't dead and just requires reimaging. you'd think samsung would just do it for free ffs!!!

so now on to the tech question:

can i do this myself if i don't have the windows CD? hdd is partitioned, C with os and F for everything else. Can i reimage C and save data on F ? can anyone reimage the HDD as in can i just bring it to the shop around the corner (samsung want me to send it to their guys in telford)?
                                                                                                                    I feel like you were mouthing off about me in this post.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                                      While were on about unpopular statements. Tonic water is horrible. And it ruins gin. Ive wasted too many gins pretending tonic is essential like the advert campaigns keeps reminding you. Pelligrino grapefruit juice is the go to mixer or any mixer thats not tonic water.
                                                                                                                      Those c&c tonic people must have something over gin companies. Its the biggest farce alliance since the war.
                                                                                                                      Ah you're mad Ted, I like a nice G&T and not because someone told me to like it. Not against trying something different but the tonic definitely doesn't ruin my Gin.

Comment

Solid property porn IMO

Comment

Blackdave, solid recommendation on Rectify. Ate up season1, albeit only 6 episodes. The goats episode was amazeballs, like the fly episode in Breaking Bad, people will either love it or hate i think.

It has a real nice warm feel to it as a TV show and perfectly paced.
                                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X